Author Topic: Dxracer chairs  (Read 12047 times)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
Dxracer chairs
« on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 23:27:23 »
Anyone here own a Dxracer? My computer chair is on it's last legs and I'm looking at either the Iron or King series.
http://www.dxracer.com/us/en-us/product/1/soho_chair/iron_series/
http://www.dxracer.com/us/en-us/product/1/pc_gaming_chair/king_series/

budget is < $490 is anyone has other simultaneously comfortable and ergonomic options for a tall and big guy who spends 14 hours a day sitting behind a screen.

Offline Invaderevan

Re: Dxracer chairs
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 26 September 2015, 00:07:30 »
I might come off as a scratched record here, because I have said this before this week, but I have heard nothing but bad things about extended use of DX Racers, they really just are not that ergonomic.  I use a Herman Miller Aeron Type C, and I  am 6'2" 275, and I love it, I have not had any back or neck pain at all since getting it, which I had frequently with my former Office Depot chair.  You can get them used for ~$400 on ebay or craigslist. Check them out!

WTTF Ribbits, Ashen V2 MX, Bronins

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 26 September 2015, 00:13:25 »
Anyone here own a Dxracer? My computer chair is on it's last legs and I'm looking at either the Iron or King series.

budget is < $490 is anyone has other simultaneously comfortable and ergonomic options for a tall and big guy who spends 14 hours a day sitting behind a screen.

noisyturtle, how long have you had that avatar? I just noticed it, if you had it a while.

I ask because I was thinking of switching mine to that today, but now I'm not going to.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 26 September 2015, 00:39:36 »

noisyturtle, how long have you had that avatar? I just noticed it, if you had it a while.

I ask because I was thinking of switching mine to that today, but now I'm not going to.

He's had that for quite a long time, I can't even recall his last avatar

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 26 September 2015, 00:42:29 »

That's what I figured. Dunno why I just noticed it.

Time to keep hunting for more ideas...

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 26 September 2015, 00:54:04 »

I've actually had decals and t-shirts printed up of Majin Boo. Been my boy for a long time.

Maybe you might like this one? It's unique design with the same spirit:

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 26 September 2015, 01:12:21 »

I've actually had decals and t-shirts printed up of Majin Boo. Been my boy for a long time.

Maybe you might like this one? It's unique design with the same spirit:
Show Image

Dang, that's pretty dank. I have one as a backup, though!
111963-0

I like the idea of cross-overs of things I really like to use as avatars; I feel like avatars are very good ways of representing the user. I love Mario games, and I love DB/Z, so when I saw somebody use that Majin Boo somewhere I thought it was perfect!

As for my Rayquaza, I love him, but been wanting to change it for a while.
« Last Edit: Sat, 26 September 2015, 01:15:14 by romevi »

Offline KnivesM

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 26 September 2015, 01:35:22 »

I've had mine for a couple years now I think, helped my back pain problem, still going strong. I've heard people say that their not the greatest for ergonomics and recomend the  Herman Miller chairs(too pricey IMO) and Ikea Markus as more of a budget option I've heard is really good. Your partially paying for the racecar-esq styling and I like the looks and I'm not having any pain/aches from sitting in it for extended periods so it's good enough for me.

Side note, live 30mins from the Need For Seat(ex DxRacer US Retailer) showroom/factory and I didn't know that at the time so I had it shipped to me when I could of drove up and tested them all out lol. :)) :-[
[WTT] Bros | HWS | Nightcaps [WTTF] Bros | KBK/KWK | CC

LZ-FE                 Kpad           Poker II                   Leopold 980M          TGR Tris       TGR-Jane   
72g Vintage Blacks      Blacks            Blues                        Silent Pinks                Coming Soon™

Others
More
Leopold 750RT - Reds, Smart68 Coming Soon™, Steelseries 6Gv2 - Reds

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 26 September 2015, 02:14:44 »
"Too pricey."

Personally, I'm not into chairs (have a standing setup + stool, an old armchair and walk around or squat a lot), but I had an interesting conversation earlier this year. It made a lot of sense…

What I learned is the following: DX Racer is essentially the Razer of computer chairs. They're apparently 90+ % marketing, and the rest is a cheap product made in China without any warranties. They don't even deny that, their profile reads: "Marketers and supplier of Gaming Chairs,…" Last time I checked, DX Racer offered nothing but the basic two-year warranty on some parts and didn't even mention others, whereas actual high-end-chair manufacturers provided 5-15 years depending on parts, expected use, etc. That's generally specified in BIFMA sustainability standards. DX Racer didn't comply to *any* BIFMA certifications at the time though—neither sustainability, nor ergonomics related. If you'd expect something like R&D, well, nope.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 26 September 2015, 02:47:21 »
I've been told they are vastly overpriced.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #10 on: Sat, 26 September 2015, 15:44:43 »
I'm looking for a chair that is both good for relaxing and working, so something that is bordering on recliner-level comfort while not wrecking my already messed up back.

Herman Miller Aeron chairs have low/head rests (no head rests?) and backs and hard seats which will not work for my butt. I hate sitting on a hard surface. The Embody looks to fit my body type and needs more, but at $1000 there's no ****ing way. I need something that can do double duty for work and play whether combing code for bugs hours at a time or marathoning an entire day of Netflix. It's basically the only chair in my apartment so it's got to be able to comfortable under any condition.

I should also note that my current home chair is an Ikea Markus which is causing me a lot of pain. Owned it for about 7 years and it has only started hurting my back in the last year. Like, physical pain I feel building up when I sit in it.

Unsure the brand(s) they use in the office, but they are garbage.
« Last Edit: Sat, 26 September 2015, 16:00:12 by noisyturtle »

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #11 on: Sat, 26 September 2015, 15:55:22 »
"Too pricey."

Personally, I'm not into chairs (have a standing setup + stool, an old armchair and walk around or squat a lot), but I had an interesting conversation earlier this year. It made a lot of sense…

What I learned is the following: DX Racer is essentially the Razer of computer chairs. They're apparently 90+ % marketing, and the rest is a cheap product made in China without any warranties. They don't even deny that, their profile reads: "Marketers and supplier of Gaming Chairs,…" Last time I checked, DX Racer offered nothing but the basic two-year warranty on some parts and didn't even mention others, whereas actual high-end-chair manufacturers provided 5-15 years depending on parts, expected use, etc. That's generally specified in BIFMA sustainability standards. DX Racer didn't comply to *any* BIFMA certifications at the time though—neither sustainability, nor ergonomics related. If you'd expect something like R&D, well, nope.

from dxracer's FAQ:

"Q: What is DXRacer's warranty policy?
A: We offer a lifetime warranty for the steel frame and 2 years for chair parts (not including natural wear of PVC or fabric)."

FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #12 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 06:51:59 »
Yeah, precisely. Compare that to the warranty pages/sheets provided by pro furniture manufacturers. You should be getting specification basically per part (esp. gauges, finishes, stuffing etc.) and ideally for specified/different use cases (warranties for 24/7 usage are different; lifetimes are rated for different body types/weights).

BTW it seems a lot of info wasn't at DX Racer's website back in the day. I remember a Reddit thread (now apparently deleted), where someone complained about that, and an official DX Racer representative started to ramble something irrelevant in legalese. (WTF?) Too bad my google-fu is failing me, I can't find it in Archive.org and NSA eavesdroppers aren't helpful either.

Offline fknraiden

« Reply #13 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 07:05:51 »

I've had mine for a couple years now I think, helped my back pain problem, still going strong. I've heard people say that their not the greatest for ergonomics and recomend the  Herman Miller chairs(too pricey IMO) and Ikea Markus as more of a budget option I've heard is really good. Your partially paying for the racecar-esq styling and I like the looks and I'm not having any pain/aches from sitting in it for extended periods so it's good enough for me.

Side note, live 30mins from the Need For Seat(ex DxRacer US Retailer) showroom/factory and I didn't know that at the time so I had it shipped to me when I could of drove up and tested them all out lol. :)) :-[

i have the faux leather markus, I love it, the only complaint is that being 6'4", if I sit all the way back into the chair and lean back all the way, I can feel the metal bar at the top digging into the back of my neck pretty far up on my head. This isn't really an issue, as I rarely sit that way.
+rep <$200 chair

IBM SSK 87'     ReAlForce 55g Silent 10AE

Offline raymogi

« Reply #14 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 07:11:00 »
Another vote here for the Aeron. Been using mine for almost 4 years now and I don't think I can replace it. If any, I want to replace the crappy one in my office that has been giving me back pain.

I had the opportunity to try the dxracer chair at my local gaming shop and although it felt nice at first, I don't think I'm gonna like it in the long run. Oh and the design is hideous btw. The Aeron on the other hand screams class. Another thing to note, almost every mesh chair that got used in the movies/tv shows are usually Aerons :D
Please feed my addiction.

Offline fknraiden

« Reply #15 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 07:23:46 »
Another vote here for the Aeron. Been using mine for almost 4 years now and I don't think I can replace it. If any, I want to replace the crappy one in my office that has been giving me back pain.

I had the opportunity to try the dxracer chair at my local gaming shop and although it felt nice at first, I don't think I'm gonna like it in the long run. Oh and the design is hideous btw. The Aeron on the other hand screams class. Another thing to note, almost every mesh chair that got used in the movies/tv shows are usually Aerons :D

i've actually seen a couple markus' in tv/movies. i wish i could remember where.

IBM SSK 87'     ReAlForce 55g Silent 10AE

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #16 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 08:33:52 »
I might come off as a scratched record here, because I have said this before this week, but I have heard nothing but bad things about extended use of DX Racers, they really just are not that ergonomic.  I use a Herman Miller Aeron Type C, and I  am 6'2" 275, and I love it, I have not had any back or neck pain at all since getting it, which I had frequently with my former Office Depot chair.  You can get them used for ~$400 on ebay or craigslist. Check them out!

$400........

My work has  a **** ton of these and are always getting rid of them to make space....

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #17 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 08:39:36 »

$400........

My work has  a **** ton of these and are always getting rid of them to make space....
well, "hook" a brother up!!!
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #18 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 13:15:15 »

$400........

So, Bromono, how about a chair.  :-* :))

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #19 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 13:25:49 »

$400........

o.o hmmm lets see if I can get my self one. never knew they where so expensive... government likes to waste money..

Offline ShardZer0

« Reply #20 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 13:29:32 »
Here's a good review of the DX Racer F-series chair:

Offline TomBodet

« Reply #21 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 10:25:23 »

$400........

o.o hmmm lets see if I can get my self one. never knew they where so expensive... government likes to waste money..

Soooo....  The line forms over here --->  ?    ;D

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #22 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 10:46:49 »
My current chair at work.

Every single chair is a variant of these lol

A couple months ago we had to get rid of a few to make more space.

112147-0
« Last Edit: Mon, 28 September 2015, 10:49:09 by Bromono »

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #23 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 02:05:17 »
Next time they decide to get rid of them, forward my address, I'll 'dispose' of one... :))

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #24 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 09:54:54 »
More

$400........

Damn, I work for the county and i can't get a new chair even though mine is a painful POS to sit on.  I guess as long as the managers all have nice chairs, who cares about the worker bees.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #25 on: Mon, 12 October 2015, 07:21:21 »
Another +1 for the Aeron here. Been using one for about 2 1/2 years now. Absolutely amazing.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #26 on: Fri, 16 October 2015, 16:26:21 »
The problem with the Aeon is that it doesn't look good for relaxing in.
It doesn't seem like the sort of chair that you could chill out on and watch Netflix comfortably for 6hrs.

Offline R1N3

« Reply #27 on: Fri, 16 October 2015, 17:10:03 »
The problem with the Aeon is that it doesn't look good for relaxing in.
It doesn't seem like the sort of chair that you could chill out on and watch Netflix comfortably for 6hrs.

it's not a la-z-boy, but it is definitely a comfortable chair to sit in for half a day. i got one second hand and had it for at least three years before the mesh/weave seat fabric started to fray

Offline DSlayerZX

« Reply #28 on: Sat, 17 October 2015, 13:42:33 »
Eh.. I have used Aeron at previous jobs and owned a clone at home before. They are good chairs to seat up right at work, but due to mesh and ****ty back support options, they are not the most comfortable chair to use at home when you just want to watch a movie, listen to music, or relax (due to the mesh really have no support). And honestly... I am not planning to pay 300+ more for a chair that is only comfortable to sit straight up, a kneeling chair or even a freaking ball or do the job.

I got the Iron series from mass drop, while the seat consistently reminds me that I am getting too fat and needs to lose weight, the chair is very comfortable when I want to recline and just want to relax and watch or listen to something.

The aeron clone is now for the guest when they come over and act as clothes hanger most of the time.

I do miss the mesh breathability though. Just hopefully there are mesh chairs that actually provide good back support and full tilt that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.
« Last Edit: Sat, 17 October 2015, 20:03:52 by DSlayerZX »

Offline RenegadeParadox

« Reply #29 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 21:26:14 »
All the twitch streamers I have talked to have said that it was a mistake to but and that spending the same money on a nice office chair from a office store would have been much better spent.

Offline Kola93

« Reply #30 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 21:43:01 »
Herman Miller Embody is one of the better chairs out there. It's very comfortable, well ventilated, and extremely ergonomically correct. It helped me correct my bad posture and I no longer slouch. ^-^

Hopefully DX Racer is just as good, but it is hard to tell without sitting in one first. Make sure it fits your body type.