Author Topic: Cast Aluminum Model M and AEK 60% Upadate  (Read 2576 times)

Offline matt-taco

Cast Aluminum Model M and AEK 60% Upadate
« on: Mon, 13 March 2023, 23:20:42 »
Long time no see  ;D

uuh, where to start. I made my original post a few years ago about making a case for Model M and my Brown Alps 64. To make a long story short, I only got a few casts made for the AEK Alps 64 Case (apparently, I brought one of the least good test articles with me to NM, picture attached). I had some issues getting the aluminum to flow at the base of the case. My experiments were cut short because I moved to New Mexico to pursue a graduate degree at New Mexico Tech, and I left my foundry in MD.

Luckily, there are two avenues for me to wander down. For one, I am buying a house hopefully before July, which will mean foundry v2 a.k.a, "the Water Heater". The second, I may be able to play around with the sand casts in the Materials Department, my professor is looking into to what labs I will be able to have access to.

I would say that I will have a successfully article by the end of December, but, I am retaking Calculus III over the Summer, as well as working full time at EMRTC, so I am not sure how much free time I will have.

P.S. I wish I didnt drop Calc III. I was afraid it was going to tank my GPA, but I ended up getting 3.44 GPA, so like, uggh