geekhack Community > New Members

Welcome new members!

<< < (225/230) > >>

mohawk1367:

--- Quote from: 12voltgoalie on Tue, 07 November 2023, 08:39:39 ---Hi all. glad to be here

Ive been a gamer since the early 90s and have been in the IT field for a decent amount of time now.

I decided to start getting more in depth with mechanical keyboards and I am addicted now.

Some days i think building keyboards can be just as fun if not more fun than even gaming with them.

--- End quote ---

not trying to make you feel like a fossil, but... did you have any experience with cool vintage keyboards back in the 90s?

12voltgoalie:

--- Quote from: mohawk1367 on Thu, 09 November 2023, 06:42:57 ---
--- Quote from: 12voltgoalie on Tue, 07 November 2023, 08:39:39 ---Hi all. glad to be here

Ive been a gamer since the early 90s and have been in the IT field for a decent amount of time now.

I decided to start getting more in depth with mechanical keyboards and I am addicted now.

Some days i think building keyboards can be just as fun if not more fun than even gaming with them.

--- End quote ---

not trying to make you feel like a fossil, but... did you have any experience with cool vintage keyboards back in the 90s?

--- End quote ---

I didn't get into anything too cool back in the 90s. My parents were kind of lame and used to hog the computer a lot, but I still have our IBM model M (grey logo) keyboard build date Aug30 1989. It was my first keyboard I got in 1992.  Found it cleaning my parents attic. 

--- Quote from: Rhienfo on Wed, 08 November 2023, 22:09:09 ---
--- Quote from: 12voltgoalie on Wed, 08 November 2023, 07:40:31 ---I hit the hobby pretty hard and have a few

3x gmmk2
cherry mx clears on all 3
for keycaps
gmk retrowave
gmk laser
gmk vaporwave

2x asus rog strix flare 2 animate
cherry mx clears with kromekeycaps
durock t1 with drop skylights on the other one

asus rog scope 2
Zealios v2
gmk red dragon caps

epomaker rt100
ws silent tactile
gmk dmg3 caps for that one.

other caps i have not being used:
gmk boba fett
gmk underworld (ordered group buy)
piifox cyberpunk
akko bred
EPBT Miami Nights
MW Heresy

--- End quote ---

ah ok, do you have a picture of everything.

--- End quote ---

Ill try to grab some pictures of my stuff. Its scattered all over my home office, work offices + data center.

russeree:
Hey, thanks for letting me join this community! Very excited to talk and banter amongst other keyboard enthusiasts!

leck:
Hi everyone, nice to meet you.
I'm 'one of those' who uses ISO-ES with an Ñ  ;D
I also sculpt as a form of hobby so at some point I may try to sculpt keycaps  :thumb:

Rhienfo:

--- Quote from: leck on Fri, 29 December 2023, 00:28:47 ---Hi everyone, nice to meet you.
I'm 'one of those' who uses ISO-ES with an Ñ  ;D
I also sculpt as a form of hobby so at some point I may try to sculpt keycaps  :thumb:

--- End quote ---

Welcome to geekhack :)

ISO-ES is sadly mis represented in keysets, pretty niche sadly.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=121944.0# - this set does have ISO-ES Support if you need a set (but it may not have some of the kitting you may need, but I'm pretty sure it's wob so you could get the kitting elsewhere)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version