Author Topic: Tactile Zine Presents: Tactile x booper - boop! collab - Shipping Completed  (Read 28578 times)

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine

Tunes
More
This thread/sale is best enjoyed with some music. It's a pretty long read as always. Here's what I listened to while I made the zine:
https://open.spotify.com/user/gamechops/playlist/6LJeYIjJxwAVelf89YJBUZ?si=pB4SQwHWSSu82W71XR28Sg

I think it's been about a year or two since I've been active at all on geekhack. Haven't thought about keyboards in a while and replaced my creative energy with photography. For those who may not be familiar, I ran Tactile Zine which was a fanzine and love letter to Making Stuff Together. MST has always been my favorite sub-forum and I love the DIY maker culture.

Anyways when I left the community, there was one last thing I wanted to accomplish and didn't: To embed myself with a maker and shoot their process. Later when booper and I were planning to hang out, I realized I had one more chance to finish the unfinished idea for Tactile.

So here's boop!

It's a collaboration between Tactile Zine (my creative venture) and booper. You know, she likes purple, makes keycaps, and has a cool Instagram. She was nice enough to teach me how to make keycaps and host me at her lovely home. Also introduce me to kellybear <3.

boop! is a project documenting the creative and execution process of booper's keycaps over a weekend. booper, kellybear, and myself made keycaps, cooked food, and got inspired at an art museum. Well...maybe not in that order. This sale offers the following:

• photozine
  • 4x6 print
  • keycaps
  • art print
  • stickers

There will be two bundles with a total run limited to 88. Big Bundles are limited to 50. Small Bundles are limited to 38. I guarantee this is the only time these zines and caps will be offered. When you order the big bundle, you will get a random booper keycap (MX stem) with the Ferro colorway. Sale will be a raffle for the Big Bundle and first come first serve (FCFS) for the Small Bundle.

• $100 Big Bundle has everything - zine, keycaps, a print, stickers, and a 4x6 print
  • $40 The Small Bundle has - zine, 4x6 print, stickers

Shipping will be a flat-rate of $8 worldwide for the Big Bundle and $3 for the Small Bundle.

I've been posting some progress stuff in the Tactile Zine thread and promised a June drop. Unfortunately this project took a lot more time than expected. If you're interested, you'll have to wait a bit longer. I'm about 90% of the way done but still have to finish folding and stapling the zines together. So sit back, enjoy the progress posts, and let's talk. Maybe you like the project or the zine or booper or photography or ice cream.

Oh and the keycap colorway is based on my grail sneakers. The Diadora n9000s that Hikmet Sugoer made for Solebox in 2015 (#7 on the list).

UPDATES

Update 1 (7/8/18):

Caps available in this sale are:
Ewok, Colonel, Monkey, blanks, and Cosmonaut.

You will receive a random cap. I will not tell you the rarity of the caps. Please note that there are differences in the cap colors because booper tried to do the blue color based on memory for the second run. There's nothing wrong the caps and the colors aren't that far off.

Please note that everything in this sale is literally handmade and you may have some wabi-sabi that goes with that handmade-ness.

Shipping will be a flat rate of $8 anywhere for the Big Bundle and $3 for the Small Bundle.

Update 2 (1743 7/10/18): Email have gone out for the winners of the Big Bundle. Small bundle sale link goes up soon.

Update 3 (2040 7/10/18):

Small Bundle Sale is Open. Small Bundles are limited to 38. The sale is first come first serve.

Update 4: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=96410.msg2638177#msg2638177
« Last Edit: Sun, 29 July 2018, 22:24:35 by CPTBadAss »

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
Approved
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
Bueno.

Offline Karpy

Really excited about this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline pindow

so when will be i started?

Offline shuangmu

Where should I buy it?
                                                                           Love Artisan<3
                                                                                                                                       Love geekhack                     

Offline pr0ximity

As always, looking forward to some more Tactile  :cool:

Really cool theme, should make for some fun reading! And it sounds like you guys had a ton of fun  ^-^
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine

I plan on finishing the folding/stapling the zines this week so hopefully by Sunday 7/8.

Where should I buy it?

I'll update the sale thread with a link when it's ready. Hopefully on Sunday 7/8 too. Still working that part out.

Offline Viking_Robot

• Flickr
Looking forward at a chance to buy the big bundle.
Current Keyboards - TGR Jane CE WKL Blue Grey | TGR Jane v2 CE | TGR 910 RE | TGR 910 SE | TGR Alice/Police | TGR Tris | Keycult No2 TKL | Keycult No2 65 | Duck Octagon v3 Black | Duck Orion v3 WKL Silver |

Flickr

Offline shuangmu

I plan on finishing the folding/stapling the zines this week so hopefully by Sunday 7/8.

Where should I buy it?

I'll update the sale thread with a link when it's ready. Hopefully on Sunday 7/8 too. Still working that part out.

Thanks Sir :)
                                                                           Love Artisan<3
                                                                                                                                       Love geekhack                     

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
Not entering anything because money, but posting here to say "I miss you CPT!!!" Glad to see you posting time to time, and cool project!
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
Awesome to see this!  So stoked on a boo! and cptbadass collaboration.   I hope this reinvigorates you cpt to stay around a bit (says someone who has become a bit scarce).  Wish I had the $$ for this, but still awesome to see . 

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
Sign me up coach :thumb:

Offline noobas4urus

• Mod Munky of another realm
    • The Mod Zoo
Coo'
"You miss 100% of the raffles you don't enter."
-Wayne Gretzky

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
Been super excited about this since your visit to them. Can't wait to support this cool project! Sign me up for the large bundle.

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
Would love a large bundle to complete my tactile collection!
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline sorijealut

• steam
Exciting! This is just the perfect idea to highlight the artists.
Can't wait for this collaboration & hope to get in a bundle. Thanks guys.

Maybe you like the project or the zine or booper or photography or ice cream.

Yes, I like all of those things! :thumb:

Btw: the tunes make this 200% better.

Offline darwinmclovin

• Crivens!
Very excited and looking forward Hoping for a big bundle and thanks for sharing the music!

Sent from my SM-N9500 using Tapatalk

“We play and are played and the best we can hope for is to do it with style.” Sir Terry Pratchett -GNU STP -

👊🐔👍

Awesome!

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Just realized that I could do a raffle and it wouldn't be too much more work on my end. Sale will be a raffle. Details coming soon.

Offline Astrasa

Just saw this, fingers crossed for a bundle to see yours and booper’s fine work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kyuu Proto | Quasi Alice | Duck Viper | Tx87-Se

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
Thought it would've been a raffle from the get-go once artisans were mentioned.

Either way, I'm entering for the small set.  :thumb:

Offline Avalai

• Instagram
Happy to hear that it will be a raffle, I was dreading the thought of trying to get into a FCFS sale! Your work looks really great, I hope I'll get a chance to see the zine in person sometime.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Thought it would've been a raffle from the get-go once artisans were mentioned.

Either way, I'm entering for the small set.  :thumb:

I wasn't really thinking until Halverson pointed it out to me lol. I think the Big Bundle will be raffle and the Small will be first come first serve. But part of the charm of this thread is watching me change my mind 3045983475 times :)).

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
YES!
Looking forward to getting my hands on a new Tactile!  :thumb:
-Dana

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Yay =D we're getting close!

Definitely want a big set if I can have some luck in the *potential* raffle. Any change you can enter for both and only get the small if you don't win the big? Because I definitely want a copy of the zine!

Offline Theconejo

Yes big please

Offline mangoes

Wow this is really, really cool. I'm in for big, I hope!

Offline Belfong

The zine is about boop! key making process? Are they words or lots of pictures? I'd love to have a magazine with lots of pictures on the creative / key making process that reading words :P

Offline pr0ximity

Will it be a raffle for only the large bundle, or the small ones as well?
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Yay =D we're getting close!

Definitely want a big set if I can have some luck in the *potential* raffle. Any change you can enter for both and only get the small if you don't win the big? Because I definitely want a copy of the zine!

Will it be a raffle for only the large bundle, or the small ones as well?

I think the fairest thing to do is to stagger to sale. Raffle the Big Bundle then invoice the winners then open up the Small Bundles for first come first serve. But sending out 50 invoices is going to be a bit of work. I'm going to have to think about this. I may just go back to first come first serve unfortunately. I've clearly not thought about this enough and I apologize.

The zine is about boop! key making process? Are they words or lots of pictures? I'd love to have a magazine with lots of pictures on the creative / key making process that reading words :P

It's a photozine but has a bit of writing. Mostly photos that I shot while we created caps over a weekend.

Offline ygor

• eat a butt, monkey lord
Very dope.
I generally hate all keycaps. Keycaps are for poofs. Real men touchtype on stems. Non-functional artisans are awesome, I use them for the ESC key ... escape is for cowards anyways, real men go frontal assault.

Offline Taylorisg

In for one of these to fill out my almost complete Zine collection!

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
YEEEEE!!

I'm so excited! I loved working with you on this! i haven't made a reduction print in YEARS and love that I felt inspired to do that. haha!

Also it was just SO MUCH FUN! I loveeeed making caps (and FOOD!) all week! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Can't wait for people to get these babies! I feel like the love and the fun of it all really comes through in this project! (or maybe that's just cuz I'm attached to it! LOL!)

omniclectic@gmail.com if you need me!

Offline rabbitfire

Definitely in. So excited!  :cool:

Offline gunchi

This sounds really cool, can't wait!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Offline Bits

This sounds sick!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Offline shinz0

• i was told there would be cake

Offline Doluded

• road to black star
Going right on my coffee table if I manage one ;D

Offline SeedyOne

What a great project! Large bundle, let's do it!  :thumb:

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
    • Guam Mechanical Keyboards
First couple tactile zines were way before I even joined. Glad to see this project fulfilled!

Offline UTEster750

Awesome! Can't wait for the final zine. Sad that this is the last, but still very awesome that you got to complete the final idea.  ;D

Offline pindow

you will get a random booper keycap (MX stem)  --- you said like this.

that means, It will include any keycaps of booper's like keywok which is not show on this post's picture ?

anyway really excited, can't wait!!!!!!

Offline the-slunk

I've been lurking on this post trying to figure out how to get these. Have been waiting for a link, and just now read the first post. FML.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
Wow, this is nice. Loved first issues of Tactile Zine and was super excited when I got those in the mail. Can't wait to see this and definitely trying to join! :)

Also, Boop, Kelly and CPTBadAss. What a team!  :thumb:
Keyboard design by Skepur

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline smurkcity12

Looking forward to my first chance to get a copy!

Offline foxmancore

Will this only be colonel or also keywok?

Offline lovechan

• one for all,all for one,I'm lovechan,doing better.
    • HLZZ Keycaps
woah cool!  :))

Offline sleepy

Whoaa this is like a dream come true! I hope to add it to my ever expanding collection of zines. i'm very excited for this!

Offline jb1830

• @jonboulton
    • 1upkeyboards.com
Always happy to add another Tactile Zine to the collection. This one is looking to be awesome!

IBM Model M            Fjell 002           Klippe            KC60           Planck