Author Topic: Majestouch 3  (Read 15473 times)

Offline Phil21

Majestouch 3
« on: Tue, 01 January 2013, 03:28:16 »
Doesn't exist.

But... when they eventually refresh the line, what is important to everyone here?

Personally?  I'd simply like some USB ports (plus an in-board hub of course).  This would bring the wires on my desk down to the single keyboard wire, plus a mouse charger when needed.  2 ports is best - one for mouse, one for misc. stuff like cell phone charging.

I honestly think that's the only thing I'd change on these.  I love them quite a bit.

A nicely done (not gaudy or too bright)  backlit TKL model would get a buy from me as well, since I have one location (home theatre room) it would be useful for.  Right now a Ducky Shine takes its place :)  And we know how folks here love Ducky...

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
Re: Majestouch 3
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 01 January 2013, 03:55:48 »
I would say no thank you for everything you mentioned.
All I want for MJ3 is better aligned tenkeyless case and more texture like the fullsize. Better supported PCB to cut down PCB resonance. Thicker bottom case to cut down on case resonance. MJ2 is pretty close to my ideal board as is. Small changes can make it a much more refined board. If possible I would want the angle on the board reduced and the entire board made as short as possible. Better ergonomics that way.

Offline rainb1ood

• so pretty so plastic
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 01 January 2013, 03:56:29 »
As long is its still Costar, I'm good.

Offline Phil21

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 01 January 2013, 03:59:21 »
Interesting.  I didn't think of PCB.  I do agree on case alignment fully - I have a couple pretty aweful Filco tkl's to the point where keycaps rub on the case in some places.

Still would like a USB port on 'em though.  Just saves me cables :)

Offline TotalChaos

• Indy Game Coder
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 01 January 2013, 07:11:07 »
My computer has piles of unused USB ports.  So putting USB ports on the keyboard isn't anything I sit around dreaming of.

Any new Majestouch keyboard would need to be better than a WASD keyboard for me to buy it.  I highly doubt that will happen.
Rosewill RK-9000RE #1 (Broke on day 26, fixed with Scotch Tape on day 42, barely holding together)
Rosewill RK-9000RE #2 (Lubed, still in the box.  I am afraid to use it because it will break like the first one)

Offline Phil21

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 01 January 2013, 20:02:48 »
Unfortunately WASD doesn't seem to carry TKL, or I'd certainly check em out.  The CM Storm is pretty darn close to getting my business as well (had one, sold it), all they need to do is get rid of that rubber coating and they are pretty much the perfect board at the right cost for me.  The rubberized coating feels like someone used my keyboard with greasy hands to me, and I just couldn't get over it.  I prefer the in-key capslock/numlock indicators to the Filco method as well.

I knew people wouldn't care about the backlighting (extremely niche use case for me, even), but am surprised that no one cares about a USB port on the board itself.  Perhaps I'm a little strange, but the two wires on my desk annoy me to death :)  I use monitor arms and stuff to keep my entire workspace clear of "junk" so I'm strange that way.

Offline file_id

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 01 January 2013, 20:07:22 »
1. Detachable USB plug
2. Media Keys
DS3 White YOTS (Blue)|Poker 2 (Blue,Clear)|QFR Rapid-i TKL (Brown,Blue)|QFR Rapid TKL (Blue,Red,Brown)|KBP V60 (Blue,Clear,Matias Click)|Code TKL Clear|Filco MJ2 TKL (Blue)|Filco MJ2 Ninja Beige TKL (Brown)|Novatouch

Offline uJalled

• Shrimp cracker enthusiast
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 01 January 2013, 20:24:59 »
There isn't really much more I want to see in the Filco TKL..... maybe a detachable USB cable

Offline KuhnTang

• Game of Thrones
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 01 January 2013, 20:37:06 »
Unfortunately WASD doesn't seem to carry TKL, or I'd certainly check em out.  The CM Storm is pretty darn close to getting my business as well (had one, sold it), all they need to do is get rid of that rubber coating and they are pretty much the perfect board at the right cost for me.  The rubberized coating feels like someone used my keyboard with greasy hands to me, and I just couldn't get over it.  I prefer the in-key capslock/numlock indicators to the Filco method as well.

I knew people wouldn't care about the backlighting (extremely niche use case for me, even), but am surprised that no one cares about a USB port on the board itself.  Perhaps I'm a little strange, but the two wires on my desk annoy me to death :)  I use monitor arms and stuff to keep my entire workspace clear of "junk" so I'm strange that way.

If you can wait till march WASD will have their new V2.  It looks to be a pretty awesome board right off the shelf.

Check it out here:
http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/blog/v2preview/

Offline Phil21

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 01 January 2013, 20:44:12 »
Looks great.  I'll definitely pick one up when they are available.  Love the full black case without any logos on it, I hope they keep it that way!

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 01 January 2013, 20:49:16 »
Better stock caps and media keys. Maybe small changes to the case, but it's looking pretty darn sleek as it is. I'd love a special edition with a metal case and PBT caps right off the bat, doubt that will happen though. The probably wouldn't get it quite right either.

Offline Phil21

« Reply #11 on: Tue, 01 January 2013, 20:59:04 »
Oh man, I totally forgot.  For keycaps, get rid of the stupid bubble windows keys.  Ugh.

PBT might be nice too, but I'm honestly pretty happy with the keycaps the boards come with.  I would say the quality is better than the couple group buys of double shots I've received.

Finding some thicker caps to try out might be my next keyboard project... hmm.

Offline KuhnTang

• Game of Thrones
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 01 January 2013, 21:00:53 »
I'm using the "thick PBT's" from feng right now and I love them.  Maybe it's just in my head, but I like the thick ones better. 

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 01 January 2013, 21:12:47 »
1. Yellow keycaps.
2. Price drop.
3. Yellow keycaps.
4. Available in Australia.
5. Yellow keycaps.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 01 January 2013, 21:14:35 »
^Why didn't you buy a Filco yellow edition? They were available in Kangarooland.

Offline razorsharpgears

• TheOriginalBecker
    • Becker's 市場 рынок Markt - Sell/Buy/Trade
« Reply #15 on: Tue, 01 January 2013, 21:24:14 »
Everyone is saying that they want media keys. Personally, I hope they stay away from this.
In my opinion, all they need to add is the option of a Detachable USB Cable, a DIP Switch... and a programmable PCB, but I know I'm asking to much there  :))

USB Ports on the board itself would be nice, but I think it would take away from its minimalist design.
Consider getting a USB Hub instead, they help wonders:
http://www.amazon.com/Satechi-Power-Adapter-Control-Switches/dp/B0051PGX2I/ref=pd_sim_pc_18
[urlhttp://www.amazon.com/Plugable-USB-Port-Power-Adapter/dp/B00483WRZ6/ref=pd_cp_pc_0][/url]
Just put them under your desk, on top of your Computer for example.

And by the way, the WASD V2 will have a TKL model.
Picture:

Link: http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/blog/v2preview/
« Last Edit: Tue, 01 January 2013, 21:35:25 by razorsharpgears »
Here at GeekClack, time isn't worth anything because CCs are money.
"You cannot plan the future. Only presumptuous fools plan. The wise man steers."
— Cosmo Lavish
|WTB/T/S| Thread ←Link

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #16 on: Tue, 01 January 2013, 21:24:27 »
I had one on backorder for 2 months before the vendor (the only place that sold them) decided they were no longer available, and cancelled my order.  Can only get them O/S now, with shipping nearly doubling the cost.  At least there is a set of the keycaps that might be coming my way in the near future, almost as good as a whole Filco yellow keyboard :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Phil21

« Reply #17 on: Wed, 02 January 2013, 01:49:48 »
I just got my Filco Yellow-key TKL for Christmas.  I had all the Filco's I don't own on my Amazon wishlist, and my sister picked this one out for me.  She deserves hugs.  Possibly drugs.

I think you've all convinced me I really don't want a USB port on the board itself.  I definitely agree if it would take away from the "clean look" of Filco at all.

Those that want media keys on their Filco - have you seen the Camo version?  It has media function keys, and is the reason it was my first "nice" keyboard I bought.  It is of course, in a camo pattern, so bringing it in to work may get you ridiculed a little bit :) I ended up really never using them though, so I forget they exist most of the time.  Simply not a feature I look for anymore.

Detachable USB cables aren't high on my list, but I wouldn't complain either.  The best USB cord on a Filco I've seen is again on the camo version - it's a heavy plastic braid type.  I just think the connector is yet another wear point that will eventually in time break and need fixing.  Lord knows most phones I've had died due to the USB charge port being the first thing to go.

So.. I'm going to simply go with...
A bit better Q/C - I have some boards that the key holes (especially noticeable around the arrows) are misaligned.  Rather annoying on a $150 keyboard.  That, and if they would - some thick PBT keys of some sort (even as an option) so I don't have to hunt high and low for a good looking set that will match the board well.

I also still think a Filco TKL that looks as-is, but has well done backlighting (e.g. apple does this pretty well) would be great.  I also don't think it will ever happen.

Any suggestions for a good set of thick PBT keys for Filco?  I know a lot of sets out there (from older boards) don't fit quite right.  I do know whenever I watch Delta check me in, I want to grab one of their cherry boards and start running... Those caps look legit!

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 02 January 2013, 01:52:50 »
I just got my Filco Yellow-key TKL for Christmas.  I had all the Filco's I don't own on my Amazon wishlist, and my sister picked this one out for me.  She deserves hugs.  Possibly drugs.

I think you've all convinced me I really don't want a USB port on the board itself.  I definitely agree if it would take away from the "clean look" of Filco at all.

Those that want media keys on their Filco - have you seen the Camo version?  It has media function keys, and is the reason it was my first "nice" keyboard I bought.  It is of course, in a camo pattern, so bringing it in to work may get you ridiculed a little bit :) I ended up really never using them though, so I forget they exist most of the time.  Simply not a feature I look for anymore.

Detachable USB cables aren't high on my list, but I wouldn't complain either.  The best USB cord on a Filco I've seen is again on the camo version - it's a heavy plastic braid type.  I just think the connector is yet another wear point that will eventually in time break and need fixing.  Lord knows most phones I've had died due to the USB charge port being the first thing to go.

So.. I'm going to simply go with...
A bit better Q/C - I have some boards that the key holes (especially noticeable around the arrows) are misaligned.  Rather annoying on a $150 keyboard.  That, and if they would - some thick PBT keys of some sort (even as an option) so I don't have to hunt high and low for a good looking set that will match the board well.

I also still think a Filco TKL that looks as-is, but has well done backlighting (e.g. apple does this pretty well) would be great.  I also don't think it will ever happen.

Any suggestions for a good set of thick PBT keys for Filco?  I know a lot of sets out there (from older boards) don't fit quite right.  I do know whenever I watch Delta check me in, I want to grab one of their cherry boards and start running... Those caps look legit!
Ducky sells PBT caps, they're easy to get and I haven't heard anything bad about them so far. Not sure how thick they are as I don't have any yet.

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #19 on: Wed, 02 January 2013, 07:55:29 »
I have a set of Ducky gold(ish) on black PBT on one of my Filcos... They're nice, not thick tho.

I also have a set of imsto's green on grey thick PBT on another of my Filcos and it's my daily.  Really happy with these caps.

Pic 
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #20 on: Wed, 02 January 2013, 08:07:43 »
I like a textured finish, both in looks (gloss is so easy to fingerprint!) and feel.

"NO"  to detachable cables (structural weak points) and USB sockets.

It is hard for me to imagine that a keyboard could possibly have enough ports to do the job - I have a powered hub on the desk just behind the monitor, and at any given time at least half of the 7 ports are populated.

I like powered hubs, they seem to help out especially for "power" applications like charging things and driving external hard disks.
State Freedom Caucus News 2024
Missouri state Senator Nick Schroer sponsors a bill that would allow senators to duel one another — in the Senate chambers! – legally.

Offline gameaholic

« Reply #21 on: Wed, 02 January 2013, 08:08:12 »
I'd like a retro looking beige Winkeyless Tenkeyless Filco to match my IBM SSK with dip switches to change caps lock to control and a detachable USB cable. 

IBM Model M SSK, Filco MJ2 Ninja TKL with Reds ergo-clears, CM Storm QFR 55g Whites, Poker II with Reds

Offline FoxWolf1

« Reply #22 on: Wed, 02 January 2013, 11:54:54 »
I wish they'd make one with a TrackPoint (specifically, a TKL with MX Black)...but they won't. :(

Other than that...well, let's see. I consider any degree of wobble out of the box to be unacceptable, so perhaps a somewhat less minimal case would be nice. Seriously, I don't get why people say "it's fine, just twist it back into shape"-- not only should you not have to do that, but if doing something like that is even possible, then the keyboard isn't built anywhere near strong enough in the first place.

I don't need stand-alone media keys, but they should at least be present on a function layer. I won't insist on anything radical here-- as nice as it would be to have Choc Mini-style media functions on and around WASD combined with Fn in place of Caps Lock and some quick launch shortcuts on 1-5, I'd be just fine with a more conventional placement of media functions on the F keys and Fn somewhere in the bottom row.

No detachable cables, because they add weakness. Anyway, I really don't see the point of them; I don't take my keyboard anywhere, but even if I did, I don't feel like it would be that much harder to wrap the cord around the keyboard rather than unplugging both ends and coiling it around itself.

USB ports...meh. I think I'd rather plug things in further away from the keyboard and mouse area, to keep the cables out of the way as much as possible. But at the same time, they don't really take anything away from the keyboard, so I wouldn't mind if they existed.
Oberhofer Model 1101 | PadTech Hall Effect (Prototype) | RK RC930-104 v2 | IBM Model M | Noppoo TANK | Keycool Hero 104

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #23 on: Wed, 02 January 2013, 12:58:35 »
Dedicated media keys.
Price drop.

Offline hoggy

• * Ergonomics Moderator
« Reply #24 on: Wed, 02 January 2013, 13:02:39 »
Phantom style plate so the springs and stems could be changed easily.
GH Ergonomic Guide (in progress)
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54680.0

Offline thegunner100

• (╯'□')╯︵</3 ノ( '-'ノ)
    • The Emotional Skyscraper
« Reply #25 on: Wed, 02 January 2013, 13:04:27 »
I think the MJ3 should get rid of the pinging, then it'll be good :P
Input Devices:CM QF Rapidx2 ~ REALFORCE 87uw 45/55g ~ Logitech G5v2 ~ Wacom Bamboo CTH-460

Audio Setup: look me up on head-fi
Check out my blog on touhou/doujin music, audiophile gear, and doujin games!

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
Re: Re: Majestouch 3
« Reply #26 on: Wed, 02 January 2013, 13:05:29 »
I think the MJ3 should get rid of the pinging, then it'll be good :P
PING!

Offline jwaz

• * based mod
  • #geekhack on freenode
« Reply #27 on: Wed, 02 January 2013, 13:08:32 »
Support for Colemak out of the box?? GO WASD!

Offline StrykerX

« Reply #28 on: Wed, 02 January 2013, 13:31:14 »
I want PS/2 or 1000HZ USB. Also would like USB ports.

I'd personally want backlighting as well but I know a lot of people like Filco because it doesn't have that.

Offline Phil21

« Reply #29 on: Wed, 02 January 2013, 13:58:46 »
Haha, some good ideas here.  All I can say is lord help the keyboard manuf. who tries to please all of GH!

I've never been annoyed by the pinging myself.  Kind of like it/got used to it I think.  Or maybe none of my boards do it ;)  I definitely bottom out on my keypresses though, so pretty much any board I type on is rather loud to begin with.  The louder you type the more work you're getting done, right?

Offline JPG

• Model F is my new passion!
« Reply #30 on: Wed, 02 January 2013, 14:26:28 »
First of all, if you want media keys, there's the camo edition that has a function key.

Also, I ordered a ninja edition and it was broken, but it felt it had more resonnace than the camo. Maybe they managed to fix it with this special edition. I have two camos and both are perfect (except a little for the alignment, but barely and it does nothing except being close to the border)

What I would wish for in a majestouch 3, would be the followings:

- To be able to mod the switches like with the phantom
- To have a version with clears ( I want to try them, but possibly with custom Korean springs)
- To have a 75% version. I love the TKL, but I would really like to try a 75% version (layout like Hazeluff is proposing in a thread)

I don't really need anything else really. Sure backlighting could be nice, but not a must. Same for pbt. Would be nice, but in the end, I think people like to change it anyway. Still a special edition with thick pbt and backlighting and a special alu case could be nice, but would cost quite more for sure while the things I mentionned would cost basically nothing more.
IBM F122, IBM XT F X2, IBM AT F (all Soarer converted), Filco Camo TKL Browns

Offline fuus

• All Year Christmas!
« Reply #31 on: Wed, 02 January 2013, 14:49:35 »
I personally hate the idea of Media keys, I love my keyboard as a standard TKL, with nothing getting in the way!
Filco - Browns

Past: Ergodox - Reds / IBM SSK / Spirit 87% - Clears / Dell AT101W

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #32 on: Wed, 02 January 2013, 15:08:28 »
I personally hate the idea of Media keys, I love my keyboard as a standard TKL, with nothing getting in the way!
But the media keys I think most people are referring to here are simply just another layer, so Fn+F9-F12 or something would act as media keys, like on the QFR. At first it wasn't an issue, but then I got a QFR, and going back to my Filco I really miss the media keys.

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #33 on: Wed, 02 January 2013, 16:26:26 »
But the media keys I think most people are referring to here are simply just another layer, so Fn+F9-F12 or something would act as media keys, like on the QFR. At first it wasn't an issue, but then I got a QFR, and going back to my Filco I really miss the media keys.

Yeah.. when you have them, you don't think they're a big deal. Then you lose them and realize how much you used them. I'd kill for a buckling spring with that layer. I really would. I use them almost constantly when I have them. It's a lot easier than having to switch applications just to skip to the next track.
"I remain convinced I am the only person alive who has successfully worn out an IBM Model M mechanically."
Daily Drivers: Adesso 625 (NPKC PBT / Kailh Blue), Rosewill RK9000V2 (KC PBT / MX Brown), 1994 Model M13, Sun Type4, and the rare IBM 1394540.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #34 on: Thu, 03 January 2013, 10:13:08 »
75% layout like on Choc Mini, only with dedicated Insert key instead of Pause/Break.

PBT ninja keycaps. Flat Windows key. DIP switches like on WASD v2.

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #35 on: Thu, 03 January 2013, 11:55:12 »
First of all, if you want media keys, there's the camo edition that has a function key.

The function key isn't bad.  However, I would prefer dedicated buttons if we're putting a wish list together ;)  Trying to 1-hand the Fn + F7 key just for the next song is a bit of a stretch for me.

Offline JPG

« Reply #36 on: Thu, 03 January 2013, 12:05:19 »

The function key isn't bad.  However, I would prefer dedicated buttons if we're putting a wish list together ;)  Trying to 1-hand the Fn + F7 key just for the next song is a bit of a stretch for me.

That's why we have 2 hands  :p

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #37 on: Thu, 03 January 2013, 12:08:49 »

That's why we have 2 hands  :p

When gaming, I'd rather not take my right hand off the mouse to switch songs.  When working at home, it's not as big a deal as I've probably got both hands on the keyboard anyway.

Offline Vectivus

« Reply #38 on: Fri, 04 January 2013, 13:17:50 »
I bought a full-size Majestouch 2 specifically because it doesn't have media keys, a removable cable, or any of that other crap.

The absolutely only thing wrong with the Majestouch 2 is that it ships with laser-etched ABS keys. Replace those bad boys with double-shots or dye-sub PBT keys, and you have the best keyboard that money can buy.

If they released a v3 tomorrow with those specs - or if the WASD v2 had better key cap options - I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Offline razorsharpgears

• TheOriginalBecker
« Reply #39 on: Fri, 04 January 2013, 13:20:44 »
Are you sure they are laser-etched? Thought they were pad-printed?
"You cannot plan the future. Only presumptuous fools plan. The wise man steers."
— Cosmo Lavish
|WTB/T/S| Thread ←Link

Offline pochiko

« Reply #40 on: Fri, 04 January 2013, 14:00:44 »
For me, media key is something I am looking forward to see in MJ3 and ninja.
Why? Because some game block AHK function but media key work perfectly.

For ridiculous feature, I wanna see backlit side-print key cap which top by a plate of durable material like PBT.

Offline Vectivus

« Reply #41 on: Fri, 04 January 2013, 14:24:09 »
Are you sure they are laser-etched? Thought they were pad-printed?

derr, yes, sorry, I was looking at something in another tab and had a brain fart. Filco ABS default keys are definitely pad printed.

Offline razorsharpgears

• TheOriginalBecker
« Reply #42 on: Fri, 04 January 2013, 14:28:01 »
^_^ No problem, just making sure.
— Cosmo Lavish
|WTB/T/S| Thread ←Link

Offline Vectivus

« Reply #43 on: Fri, 04 January 2013, 14:29:39 »
I wish I understood why Filco uses ABS and Ducky uses PBT. Maybe I should just buy a set of Ducky keys for my Filco, and call it a F***y? :p

Offline hoggy

• * Ergonomics Moderator
« Reply #44 on: Fri, 04 January 2013, 14:56:59 »
Optional metal case.
Have we had wireless?
GH Ergonomic Guide (in progress)
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54680.0

Offline Vectivus

« Reply #45 on: Fri, 04 January 2013, 15:13:19 »
Optional metal case.
Have we had wireless?

Metal case +1

Wireless is the devil's plaything. >:D

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
« Reply #46 on: Fri, 04 January 2013, 15:27:40 »
Metal case and PBT key caps would be cool
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline fuus

• All Year Christmas!
« Reply #47 on: Fri, 04 January 2013, 15:45:09 »
Detachable cable would be the best idea!
Filco - Browns

Past: Ergodox - Reds / IBM SSK / Spirit 87% - Clears / Dell AT101W

Offline JPG

« Reply #48 on: Fri, 04 January 2013, 15:48:31 »

They would be nice, but not for a big price jump. I think that if they chose to provide these options, they should either keep the same price range, or offer them on special editions with a special price. At lest for the case. Providing pbt could be included for the same price imo if they did it for all their boards.

Offline Vectivus

« Reply #49 on: Fri, 04 January 2013, 15:57:10 »

They would be nice, but not for a big price jump. I think that if they chose to provide these options, they should either keep the same price range, or offer them on special editions with a special price. At lest for the case. Providing pbt could be included for the same price imo if they did it for all their boards.

A metal case would definitely be an upgrade option that you'd order separately and pay more for, but if their base production went to something like dye-sub PBT keycaps, they could definitely get away with a higher price. People are clearly buying Filco at current prices and then paying to upgrade their keycaps aftermarket.