Author Topic: [IC] ePBT Langley Interest Check (ON PAUSE)  (Read 6781 times)

Offline keebibi

• My Discord Server
[IC] ePBT Langley Interest Check (ON PAUSE)
« on: Sun, 23 January 2022, 20:02:47 »
281501-0

Hi everyone! I'm proud to announce my first set, ePBT Langley!

It is inspired by Asuka Langley of Neon Genesis Evangelion, specifically Asuka in her school uniform.

CLICK HERE
for the interest check.
Nordeuk
281503-1
Forties
281505-2

I haven't finished kitting, which will be based on the responses I get on the form. What’s likely right now is the base kit, novelties, space bars, nordeuk, and 40s. Also, I'm currently working on the designs for the novelties, which I hope to update soon!

Renders
Saka68

281507-3

Rama Works u80-a

281509-4

I'll post any updates here and my discord. Feel free to give me feedback! Also, if you want to collab, feel free to contact me via discord.
[/size]

UPDATE 1/27/2021: I am currently working on kitting and novelties, but unfortunately my computer has been on the fritz so it might take me a while to upload all the new renders :( Also, I am planning on changing the color scheme slightly lighter (RAL 2002/RAL 6034/RAL 9010) to avoid similarities with darker sets AND changing the forced accents.

UPDATE 1/28/2021: I'm putting this on pause for now so I can polish it up a bit more. Thanks for the patience.
281740-5
281742-6
« Last Edit: Fri, 28 January 2022, 14:52:58 by keebibi »

Offline kameron

Re: [IC] ePBT Langley Interest Check
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 23 January 2022, 20:04:47 »
please take out forced accents and also please add kitting and board renders

Offline Alejo1707

• Gimme some more caps!
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 23 January 2022, 20:23:43 »
Mate, put this down before it crashes and burns. If you would care to see 2 ICs you would have understood this is not nearly enough to start a post.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Offline keebibi

• My Discord Server
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 23 January 2022, 20:48:27 »
please take out forced accents and also please add kitting and board renders

Just added the renders! Also, by forced accents are you referring to the colors I used?

Offline nullinasou

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 23 January 2022, 21:26:33 »
Even though I hate forced accents too, I dont mind it too much for this kit since red is such a significant color for Asuka .
Obviously having both options are better

Also no nov, no spacebars, no f13 :(

Offline matthewdias

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 23 January 2022, 22:03:21 »
any spacebars available

Offline solarce

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 23 January 2022, 22:27:07 »
squid game do be looking weird this days

Offline doggo1dance

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 24 January 2022, 00:45:36 »
isnt asuka langley's school uniform blue in colour? unless im missing something important here....

Offline fwoggit

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 24 January 2022, 09:06:27 »
down for an asuka set but i feel like the colors are off

Offline keebibi

• My Discord Server
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 24 January 2022, 17:24:26 »
down for an asuka set but i feel like the colors are off

Is it a specific color that’s off or the entire color scheme? I’m open to suggestions :)

Offline keebibi

• My Discord Server
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 24 January 2022, 17:25:49 »
isnt asuka langley's school uniform blue in colour? unless im missing something important here....

The shade is pretty inconsistent, so I’m basing it off of photo refs of the original series :)

Offline Fraaaan

« Reply #11 on: Mon, 24 January 2022, 17:33:04 »
F13 please.

Offline NovaRMK

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 24 January 2022, 18:23:42 »
Niche and quite frankly unnecessary kits: ✅
Standard kits that make sense from a logical standpoint: ❌

(sorry 40s and NorDeUK users, still love u guys)

Edit: please add more renders

Edit 2: turn on open image denoise next time  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Mon, 24 January 2022, 18:32:09 by NovaRMK »

Offline Sax_______

« Reply #13 on: Mon, 24 January 2022, 19:10:05 »
default krk kitting

default krk kitting

Offline NovaRMK

« Reply #14 on: Mon, 24 January 2022, 20:16:25 »
default krk kitting

default krk kitting

don't get me wrong, KRK is a great starting place (i mean f*ck, I still use it for all my renders), but the way it's set up, it just doesn't meet the minimum standards when it comes to IC and render quality

yo i kinda like 36 point font 😈

Offline Botty212

« Reply #15 on: Tue, 25 January 2022, 02:15:08 »
man I came for the "this looks like GMK Deku but the alpha and mod colours are changed"

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Offline doggo1dance

« Reply #16 on: Wed, 26 January 2022, 09:36:53 »

The shade is pretty inconsistent, so I’m basing it off of photo refs of the original series :)

fair enough GLWIC!  :thumb:

Offline Tyson

« Reply #17 on: Wed, 26 January 2022, 11:53:54 »

If you are basing these colors off something that is pretty inconsistent than I'd be hesitant on releasing an IC for it. I hope you are looking at physical colors and didn't just hex grab some colors from a few pics of Asuka in her school uniform... If so I would look into trying to figure out real colors that you are envisioning for this set then getting renders made using those colors, making a set based on hex codes for digital colors is ultra risky as the colors you use might look drastically different IRL than on your computer screen.

Offline sorathiel

« Reply #18 on: Wed, 26 January 2022, 11:59:37 »
no colors are mentioned at all, neither hex for otherwise.
Also the IC form link is absolutely misformatted and links into nowhere

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #19 on: Wed, 26 January 2022, 17:47:12 »
Looks nice!

BTW there is an error in your NorDeUK kit render.  It's a common KRK issue.

Offline JQ27

« Reply #20 on: Thu, 27 January 2022, 09:03:08 »
I like the subtle colours.

Although I think you've got some duplicate keys in the base and international kits in regards to the UK-ISO specifc keys.

Also not sure how many I speak for here, but having sublegends on International/ISO keys can make or break how a set looks visually.

This should hopefully help get at least the sublegends on the correct keys for the base kit, as you've got Terminal and UK-ISO included.

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
« Reply #21 on: Thu, 27 January 2022, 14:19:34 »

Although I think you've got some duplicate keys in the base and international kits in regards to the UK-ISO specifc keys.

Also not sure how many I speak for here, but having sublegends on International/ISO keys can make or break how a set looks visually.

This should hopefully help get at least the sublegends on the correct keys for the base kit, as you've got Terminal and UK-ISO included.

Note that the chart you linked contains some errors.  Please use an updated version instead.

Hiragana Guide
http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/#/gists/bd28d7518e28d881a7fb71dd56848bd0

281688-0

Konstantin (maker of the older chart) and I have some disagreements regarding the priority of the options available for one specific key (the R4 1u needed for ISO) but other than that, he and I agree on the edits seen here.

Offline keebibi

• My Discord Server
« Reply #22 on: Thu, 27 January 2022, 23:52:29 »

Show Image

Thank you so much for the help!

Looks nice!

BTW there is an error in your NorDeUK kit render.  It's a common KRK issue.

Show Image

Thanks for pointing that out!

Thank you so much!! This is super helpful.

Note that the chart you linked contains some errors.  Please use an updated version instead.

Hiragana Guide
http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/#/gists/bd28d7518e28d881a7fb71dd56848bd0

(Attachment Link)

Konstantin (maker of the older chart) and I have some disagreements regarding the priority of the options available for one specific key (the R4 1u needed for ISO) but other than that, he and I agree on the edits seen here.

Offline JQ27

« Reply #23 on: Fri, 28 January 2022, 01:55:59 »

Cheers, hadn't realised there was an updated one floating around. Not sure I understand the logic on both ISO layouts to have a duplicated key though? Seems a bit wasteful and unappealing. I know sets which Agilr (GMK Yuru/GMK a/NicePBT Noel) worked on made it work by following it more along the older variant for ISO support.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
« Reply #24 on: Fri, 28 January 2022, 11:20:23 »

Cheers, hadn't realised there was an updated one floating around. Not sure I understand the logic on both ISO layouts to have a duplicated key though? Seems a bit wasteful and unappealing. I know sets which Agilr (GMK Yuru/GMK a/NicePBT Noel) worked on made it work by following it more along the older variant for ISO support.

The <> key with Ro is one way to avoid the duplicate key in ISO. There’s really not a good solution there, since the ANSI-JP implementation really does just put an extra \| key there with the same kana. But since it’s redundant, using <> with Ro is a reasonable compromise.

However, the UK-JP approach is an abomination, IMO.

Offline JQ27

« Reply #25 on: Fri, 28 January 2022, 14:01:22 »

It may be an abomination, but it is nice when set designers go out of their way to include sublegends on non-standard keys, feels more inclusive, and coherent to the set design as a whole.

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
« Reply #26 on: Fri, 28 January 2022, 21:52:30 »

It may be an abomination, but it is nice when set designers go out of their way to include sublegends on non-standard keys, feels more inclusive, and coherent to the set design as a whole.

Adding an entire Latin-only alpha kit with UK included would be inclusivity. Slapping kana onto UK alphas ignores how those kana are paired with their corresponding Latin keys in the actual implementation. It’s inauthentic and inappropriate.

Offline shima

• keeb weeb
Re: [IC] ePBT Langley Interest Check (ON PAUSE)
« Reply #27 on: Fri, 28 January 2022, 22:23:35 »
as an asuka kin, no  :blank:
boards: anura

Offline Oddstag

« Reply #28 on: Sat, 29 January 2022, 13:50:24 »

Adding an entire Latin-only alpha kit with UK included would be inclusivity. Slapping kana onto UK alphas ignores how those kana are paired with their corresponding Latin keys in the actual implementation. It’s inauthentic and inappropriate.

I can understand the drive to faithfully reproduce layouts for sets specifically built to support boards built for that layout (GMK JIS) but energy devoted to enforcing a strict Japanese legend standard on waifu sets is seriously misplaced in my opinion. JIS, the only significant Japanese input standard is fundamentally incompatible with both ISO and ANSI layouts. There should be room for experimentation and innovation here. You will never be able to kit a JIS board with these sets and trying to bind weeb sets to some ISO-fication of Microsoft's arbitrary ANSI Japanese IME is terrible precedent for enforcing legend placement. These keys simply don't exist and thus artistic license should be granted. With the vast majority of users using 65% or less layouts duplicate keys look ridiculous. The <> has always been a rubbish compromise, even before anyone tried to stick kana on to it. Repeating \| is just as bad. People should be free to experiment adapting kana on to their native layouts. As if Japanese input was some monolithic thing to begin with.