Author Topic: [GB] Dolphin and EM7 Raffle - All boards have shipped! So long, everyone!  (Read 324738 times)

Offline megaforce

All processes will complete within August or latest is September ! I believe about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay guys, I have some good news and some bad...

The good news is that as you can see, some of the Korean GH members and some of the Koreans that are building boards for GH members have received their kbds. (Someone above posted a pic of a Dolphin! So pumped to see that!)

The bad news is that some of our PCBs did not pass QC. It's bad news because it means we have to wait a little longer, but I am glad we're not shipping out bad PCBs. (Trust me, I'm at wits end with some of the garbage pcbs I've received...) Lynn is now waiting on a new batch of PCBs and then we're good to go. The August (at latest September) timeframe is looking accurate.

As always I'll update everyone ASAP when Lynn receives the new PCBs. Please PM nguyenkimtam or myself with any questions.

The only remedy for this delay....... is GH Dolinger groupbuy....

:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline CMYK

Thanks for the update.  I think everyone appreciates the commitment to good QC.
« Last Edit: Fri, 04 August 2017, 12:33:15 by CMYK »

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
All processes will complete within August or latest is September ! I believe about it

The good news is that as you can see, some of the Korean GH members and some of the Koreans that are building boards for GH members have received their kbds. (Someone above posted a pic of a Dolphin! So pumped to see that!)

The bad news is that some of our PCBs did not pass QC. It's bad news because it means we have to wait a little longer, but I am glad we're not shipping out bad PCBs. (Trust me, I'm at wits end with some of the garbage pcbs I've received...) Lynn is now waiting on a new batch of PCBs and then we're good to go. The August (at latest September) timeframe is looking accurate.

As always I'll update everyone ASAP when Lynn receives the new PCBs. Please PM nguyenkimtam or myself with any questions.

Can we get the bad pcbs too :p

Offline Cocopah

• Lurker Extraordinaire

I think a more fitting remedy would be Dolphin Pad GB :p

Offline sundin

Offline megaforce

Guitar == Lynn Boards

More
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline sundin

Guitar == Lynn Boards

Show Image

ギター!

Offline KetchyKech

• ∴∵∴◇❖◇∴∵∴

I think a more fitting remedy would be Dolphin Pad GB :p

YES.
∴∵∴◇Time TKL--VE.A--F&T 1916--Cajal--Octagon v2◇∴∵∴

Offline kconfire

I knew this day would come, but I'm regretting of letting go of my spot for EM7 lol
Can someone sell me their EM7 spot?

Would prefer something in Gray and/or Champagne Gold combination. (With PCB-SMT option)
Thanks!
[Collection] Monokei Kei SE, Realforce R2 TKL, Leopold FC660C
[Soon TM] Monokei Tomo SE, GSKT-00

Offline megaforce

Guitar == Lynn Boards

Show Image

ギター!
Show Image

Seeing all these Dolphins posted on the KBDLab gallery

More

Offline CMYK

Could you give me a link?  I'm dying here.

Offline sundin

Guitar == Lynn Boards

Show Image

ギター!
Show Image

Show Image

Tsssk tsssk the em7 is most sexy

Offline iArson

That insert next to the escape is so nice. Really excited for this

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline megaforce

Guitar == Lynn Boards

Show Image

ギター!
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

heh heh funny joke best joke. WKL dolphin is best

More

Offline sundin

Guitar == Lynn Boards

Show Image

ギター!
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

heh heh funny joke best joke. WKL dolphin is best

Show Image

Nope!

Offline afrokobe

why is there so much anime posted here.  I just want to see more dolphins

Offline iArson

Dolphin you say?

Offline sundin

How many time again for the new pcb?
Could you make some picture of the em7?

Offline nguyenkimtam

• Shin
There are some pics Linn gave to me
https://imgur.com/gallery/NEAGy

Regarding the pcb , Linn is working on that. That's not easy and fast to fix and make a pcb. Furthermore Linn is very busy with his personal life issues and his work problems so we hope you guys can understand and sympathize for us. We are trying to make a perfect keyboards for Geekhack-ers and don't worry , this will be completed soon
Again thanks for your support .

« Last Edit: Sat, 19 August 2017, 01:53:26 by nguyenkimtam »

Offline sundin

Thank you for the answer and the pics :)

Offline Jemaunji

Looking to get rid of my dolphin spot, all black, winkey, and smt pcb.

Offline Tally810

Quick question.  For those of us who paid extra for leeku pcbs does the pcb problem affect us?

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Offline iArson

Quick question.  For those of us who paid extra for leeku pcbs does the pcb problem affect us?

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
I actually forgot about this. These PCBs should be fine no?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline nguyenkimtam

• Shin
Almost have problem. Linn are working on that. We are sorry about this issue. I hope you guys can understand for us. Will update when we have any news soon

Offline Unforgivable

Almost have problem. Linn are working on that. We are sorry about this issue. I hope you guys can understand for us. Will update when we have any news soon

I'm confused.

Is this only effecting EM7 PCB's, or all PCB's?

SMT PCB's, or non-SMT?
« Last Edit: Thu, 24 August 2017, 12:20:51 by Unforgivable »

Offline nguyenkimtam

• Shin

I'm confused.

Is this only effecting EM7 PCB's, or all PCB's?
All PCB sir ! There are a few pcbs shipped have problems also , so that Linn need to investigate with designer and factory

Offline iArson

Could the problem briefly be explained? We're approaching the 6 month point, we haven't seen much and there are Korean members who have already gotten something. Can we alter orders to ship without the PCB so that we can buy something else?

Offline nguyenkimtam

• Shin
Could the problem briefly be explained? We're approaching the 6 month point, we haven't seen much and there are Korean members who have already gotten something. Can we alter orders to ship without the PCB so that we can buy something else?
As Linn said that is something wrong about the circuit. But yeah , he is also not good in English so we can not talke more about it.
Regarding Korean Members , there are some people not yet posted on kbdlabs , so that's hard to say that not much Korean members received .
The reason of this delay because LInn want to make a perfect matching PCB with his board so it's hard to buy something else.
Shipping without a pcb will very hard for Linn .
Firstly , The shipping fees will have extra
Secondly , Linn will need to sort 2 times for shipping , with a condition that he is very busy with his personal life ( moving place , work , health .etc... ).
I hope you guys understand for us. Because this is the first time we and LInn organize the international group buy with a huge quantity.

So that's much appreciated. And i believe that will deserve with very good keyboards .

For anymore information , just inbox me. and i will support you guys as soon as i possible

Again thank you for your support this group buy

PS: tempting with some pics : https://imgur.com/gallery/O8paw

Offline sundin

Thanks for the pics!

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
Thanks for the update, nguyenkimtam!

Mmm....pics :-*

Offline mech0nly

thanks for updates, shin :thumb:
356CL DGE | 356mini | 360C | G81-3000SAT | G81-3000SAU | G81-3077SAU | ESA-3000-HASRO | G80-3000LPCXY-2 | G80-3485LWNUS-2 | 55g HHKB

Offline iArson

Alright so I spoke to Tam on Slack. I feel like there are a few things that should be spoken about with everyone in the buy, and not just me or whoever was there. A picture of a few boards will not ease everyone's mind.

Apparently they scrapped the original PCB due to it not fitting in the new case. I get it, it happens. But this wasn't communicated to us.

That's the reason there's a delay right now.

I wanted someone from the GB to speak up about this, mainly because I'm participating in this buy. I want information like that to come from someone running it. Why were we not informed of such a huge change? I for one went out and found a plate from another participant. What do I do now about getting another PCB? What exactly is this timeline going to be now? Can we be reinvoiced so that we can keep our buyer protection?

I just don't feel as though a pic makes me feel better. To make it worse some of the pics that we've seen have been from people that already have their boards. I think a little more communication would ease my mind, and the mind of a few other people.

Quick edit. Tam in no way shape or form is this directed at you. I appreciate getting any news at all from you this morning. I understand your role in this and we appreciate it.
« Last Edit: Fri, 25 August 2017, 19:09:29 by iArson »

Offline CMYK

Thanks Arson. 

I thought there was only one make of TX87 PCBs, and was a pretty standard size.  How could it not fit? 

Offline iArson

Thanks Arson. 

I thought there was only one make of TX87 PCBs, and was a pretty standard size.  How could it not fit?

I wish I knew. I guess its why I've been asking for an explanation as to all this. I get it, **** really does happen. But mention it to us :/ We've all been patient.

Offline nguyenkimtam

• Shin
Alright so I spoke to Tam on Slack. I feel like there are a few things that should be spoken about with everyone in the buy, and not just me or whoever was there. A picture of a few boards will not ease everyone's mind.

Apparently they scrapped the original PCB due to it not fitting in the new case. I get it, it happens. But this wasn't communicated to us.

I wanted someone from the GB to speak up about this, mainly because I'm participating in this buy. I want information like that to come from someone running it. Why were we not informed of such a huge change? I for one went out and found a plate from another participant. What do I do now about getting another PCB? What exactly is this timeline going to be now? Can we be reinvoiced so that we can keep our buyer protection?

I just don't feel as though a pic makes me feel better. To make it worse some of the pics that we've seen have been from people that already have their boards. I think a little more communication would ease my mind, and the mind of a few other people.

Quick edit. Tam in no way shape or form is this directed at you. I appreciate getting any news at all from you this morning. I understand your role in this and we appreciate it.

First of all , i would like to say that the biggest barrier is that language , Linn is not so good in English so that's sometime we can not communicate or misunderstanding. But yeah if still tx87 pcb , this also make for Dolphin ( mean Tx87 Dolphin version ) not the normal one. That's the same with Dolphin v2 ( you guys can check the attachment file , L3 = Linn ).
We are really sorry when not informed about the pcb , but actually i just knew about it when Linn said delay. And yeah , of course , we believe that good for this group buy for changing about this. There are not only about the fitting of the case and pcb , but also some problem in relationship between Linn , Kin25 (tx maker ) and Leeku ( designer ) , if i not misunderstanding with Linn , so he stop using the tx pcb.
The timeline now should delay to October for the lastest but we are planning shipping in September , but i should say October for sure in everything.
Regarding the reinvoiced, i have tested with a friend who's also join this group and I realize that really hard for send a new invoice and refund the old one. Because when I receive the money , paypal will hold the rolling reserve money , and just release a little bit one, and i can not refund this amount to you guys unless i use my own money. In case i refund first then reinvoice again , i checked and paypal don't allow me use the money they hold for this groupbuy ( cause the released money i already withdraw and send it to Linn), so if i refund , i also need to use my own money to add to paypal balance ( that's  will cost a lot fees because paypal in Vietnam not allow to transfer money directly from Bank , must use visa card).  So i have one option that , i will reinvoice with value 1$ and note everything about the extend invoice , the total value. Of course , i will refund 1$ after that. But yeah , i much appreciated if anyone believe in me and Linn , so we don't need to reinvoice , but that's your right about it. Just a few truths that me and Linn are already sold something ( Linn sold his car ) to pay the factory first for you guys ( paypal holding too much money ). I got no advantage in this group buy so i hope everyone can understand for my hard.
Hope this comment will clarify .
We are thank you for your support and patient.
Anything else personal requirements , hit me a pm

« Last Edit: Fri, 25 August 2017, 21:16:39 by nguyenkimtam »

Offline nguyenkimtam

• Shin
sorry for , this is a duplicated comment
« Last Edit: Fri, 25 August 2017, 21:13:30 by nguyenkimtam »

Offline Unforgivable

First of all , i would like to say that the biggest barrier is that language , Linn is not so good in English so that's sometime we can not communicate or misunderstanding. But yeah if still tx87 pcb , this also make for Dolphin ( mean Tx87 Dolphin version ) not the normal one. That's the same with Dolphin v2 ( you guys can check the attachment file , L3 = Linn ).
We are really sorry when not informed about the pcb , but actually i just knew about it when Linn said delay. And yeah , of course , we believe that good for this group buy for changing about this. There are not only about the fitting of the case and pcb , but also some problem in relationship between Linn , Kin25 (tx maker ) and Leeku ( designer ) , if i not misunderstanding with Linn , so he stop using the tx pcb.
The timeline now should delay to October for the lastest but we are planning shipping in September , but i should say October for sure in everything.
Regarding the reinvoiced, i have tested with a friend who's also join this group and I realize that really hard for send a new invoice and refund the old one. Because when I receive the money , paypal will hold the rolling reserve money , and just release a little bit one, and i can not refund this amount to you guys unless i use my own money. In case i refund first then reinvoice again , i checked and paypal don't allow me use the money they hold for this groupbuy ( cause the released money i already withdraw and send it to Linn), so if i refund , i also need to use my own money to add to paypal balance ( that's  will cost a lot fees because paypal in Vietnam not allow to transfer money directly from Bank , must use visa card).  So i have one option that , i will reinvoice with value 1$ and note everything about the extend invoice , the total value. Of course , i will refund 1$ after that. But yeah , i much appreciated if anyone believe in me and Linn , so we don't need to reinvoice , but that's your right about it. Just a few truths that me and Linn are already sold something ( Linn sold his car ) to pay the factory first for you guys ( paypal holding too much money ). I got no advantage in this group buy so i hope everyone can understand for my hard.

Show Image

Yikes, just so I understand here.

We will not be able to get a new invoice from you, pay it, then get refunded the old invoice? Correct?

I'm just a bit concerned since my buyer protection ends next month. :(
« Last Edit: Fri, 25 August 2017, 21:40:17 by Unforgivable »

Offline nguyenkimtam

• Shin

Show Image

We will not be able to get a new invoice from you, pay it, then get refunded the old invoice.

Correct?

I'm just a bit concerned since my protection ends next month. :(
I might do that but i need to wait Paypal release the money in old invoice. Then i will refund that. But yeah , that's might complicated for us , because now when i received any money , paypal will hold in rolling reserve , so that i need to wait 6 more month to release that new money.
So i recommended that i will send 1$ invoice and note everything in that , i believe that will work if you guys want dispute ( of course in case , we scam you guys )

Offline Unforgivable

Show Image

We will not be able to get a new invoice from you, pay it, then get refunded the old invoice.

Correct?

I might do that but i need to wait Paypal release the money in old invoice. Then i will refund that. But yeah , that's might complicated for us , because now when i received any money , paypal will hold in rolling reserve , so that i need to wait 6 more month to release that new money.
So i recommended that i will send 1$ invoice and note everything in that , i believe that will work if you guys want dispute ( of course in case , we scam you guys )

The only issue is that PayPal doesn't work like that. They won't go off of what you wrote in a note.

So if you invoice for a dollar and someone disputes, they'll only get their dollar refunded, not the amount from an expired transaction.

Once the 6 months are up, that specific transaction is out of Paypal's hands and there's no more protection. :(

Offline nguyenkimtam

• Shin

Show Image

Correct?

The only issue is that PayPal doesn't work like that. They won't go off of what you wrote in a note.

So if you invoice for a dollar and someone disputes, they'll only get their dollar refunded.

Once the 6 months are up, that specific transaction is out of Paypal's hands and there's no more protection. :(
They will care if that necessary sir , i was met this case . Just contact paypal , even that case close , they will deal more. You can ask them for sure about it.
Btw , We need trust in here . But  yeah , you guys have a right about it . But i hope everyone here understand our hard , and waiting for 1,2 more months and we finished. We are already paid full for the factory
P/s : i already asked Paypal via email about this , hope can get the response soon from them
« Last Edit: Fri, 25 August 2017, 22:18:53 by nguyenkimtam »

Offline loud_asian

So tx87 PCB doesn't work with the dolphin?
EM7 | Nunu | Virgo | Salamander | SS AEK64

Offline nguyenkimtam

• Shin
So tx87 PCB doesn't work with the dolphin?
As i know , normal tx87 not fit with dolphin

Offline loud_asian

What's the difference between the tx87 PCB and the dolphin PCB? Smaller size?

It's a real bummer that this uses a custom PCB. Using a common pcb such as tx87 was a big reason for buying this keyboard.
EM7 | Nunu | Virgo | Salamander | SS AEK64

Offline nguyenkimtam

• Shin
What's the difference between the tx87 PCB and the dolphin PCB? Smaller size?

It's a real bummer that this uses a custom PCB. Using a common pcb such as tx87 was a big reason for buying this keyboard.
I actually don't know about the difference between 2 of that because i still not receive mine.

As i know , Linn will make a huge quantity PCB so we don't worry about the replace. But i believe ( not sure , just a personal guess) that not so much different in size between 2 pcbs , just not perfect matching if use tx87 pcb

I will update when i get more information. Many thanks
« Last Edit: Sat, 26 August 2017, 02:39:47 by nguyenkimtam »

Offline KlarKuo

Are all the bottoms going to have this writing? I didn't know about it. Not a fan

Offline nguyenkimtam

• Shin
Show Image

Are all the bottoms going to have this writing? I didn't know about it. Not a fan
As i know , that's a prototype  :thumb:
Tempting again :P
https://imgur.com/gallery/vVEWr

P/s : My Grandma just passed away so i will offline until Wednesday - Thursday next week , if you guys have any question , hit me an pm.
Hope you guys can understand and i much appreciated about it

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
What about the EM.7 pcbs? Those are fine? If so does that mean EM.7 ship before Dolphin?