Author Topic: [GB] Dolphin and EM7 Raffle - All boards have shipped! So long, everyone!  (Read 325036 times)

Offline Krytone

• * Maker
  • ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
    • Krap Shop
I will be away this holiday season. Hoping the board would surprise me after i come back home on January.
TGR Jane CE | TX-CP | ZZ96 | HHKB | Ducky Shine 3 | Atreus | Infinity Ergodox | IBM Model M | Smart Pad | Taobao Acrylic 96 | TGR910 SE | RGB96 | M4-A | Moon

Pending: Exent | EM7 | M-60 | Kira EXS | 910 Poly | Kn210 | Alice

Offline megaforce

Looking forward to these boards -- hopefully got something to build for the holidays :)
Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline lanyusea

any future update on when the shipping will start?
HHKB Type-s / 4x KMAC Happy / 3x Duck Viper v1 / 2x Duck Viper v2 / 4x Duck Viper Duck TCV3 / Red Scarf 77 / 2x Infinity 60 / 2x ALF HHKB / LZ-CE / FJELL / Canoe / Canoe PC / Canoe FE / ARES Prototype / 2x Ares / LC-CLSh / TX60 / YODA2 / E6-V2 / E6-V2 FE / CAMP LC60 / 2x EM 7 / 4x Leaf 60 / UHK / Project F / Polaris / 4x Duck Viper v3 / TX60 v2 / Thermal / Matrix Falcon / TX60 v3 / 2x TMO50 / 2x Dolice / Dolphin 65 / Dolphin 60 / Plenty of keycaps

Offline nguyenkimtam

• Shin
Still on the plan , late in this month , first batch of shipping will start.
As i said i will update immediately if we have anything new so don’t worry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline afrokobe

when will GH orders ship?  I was told Lynn is shipping kr ones first, e.g. end of the month shipping... I could care less about the KR ship dates, I just want a timeline for ours

Offline loud_asian

when will GH orders ship?  I was told Lynn is shipping kr ones first, e.g. end of the month shipping... I could care less about the KR ship dates, I just want a timeline for ours

Summer 2018 what's good
EM7 | Nunu | Virgo | Salamander | SS AEK64

Offline iArson

Idk. I was told shipping by the end of this year. It would be nice to get them soon, it's been a while.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline nguyenkimtam

• Shin
Idk. I was told shipping by the end of this year. It would be nice to get them soon, it's been a while.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

That’s our plan to shipping by thr end of this year because the factory expect with Linn that they will complete the pcb before new year. However , i just talk with Linn that they will delay in the few days and Linn’s child was born so he will be super busy. That is out of our expect. ( Linn will ship to geekhack order same time as korean order , just prefer the Asian order in the first batch of shipping)

I’m also a joiner with this groupbuy and i have some friends in this so personally, i also want it soon but i can understand how it difficult when Linn or anyone run a huge quantites groupbuy.
I hope you guys can patient because we are in the last part , almost manufactured , just about the personal issues from maker and I respect about it.
I much appreciated
Regards

Offline MajorKoos

• 1 life please. Extra large.
Congrats to Linn on the new addition to the family :)

Offline sundin

Pretty cute.

Offline afrokobe

start of the new year, was really hoping to have seen some updates over the holidays

Offline nguyenkimtam

• Shin
start of the new year, was really hoping to have seen some updates over the holidays
Unfortunately, still not get any new update cause Linn is busy with family , so the QC was stucked but he try to do it soon. As well as the delay of the pcb factory
So hope you guys patient
« Last Edit: Thu, 04 January 2018, 11:25:00 by nguyenkimtam »

Offline airs

Is there a new ETA? Can we expect a January ship date?
Octagon v2, LZ CLS

Offline Tally810

Any updated ETA on these?  Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline megaforce

Still look to sell my Em7 spot:

EM7:
Gold Top
Black Bottom
Silver Plate
2x PCB

GB Price -- Gift payment only since the original invoice protection as ran out.
More
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline nevaenuf

Any news? 

Offline nguyenkimtam

• Shin
As delay from the factory , as well as the family issues of Linn ( he just had a first baby,...). So the shipping was delayed. Therefore , there are no exactly time for shipping , but i would make a deadline that we will arrange for first shipping before April ( which mean around March , because there are nearly Lunar New Year ). If we can not reach the time , i MAYBE  open a refund option for everyone.
Regards,
Shin

Offline lanyusea

As delay from the factory , as well as the family issues of Linn ( he just had a first baby,...). So the shipping was delayed. Therefore , there are no exactly time for shipping , but i would make a deadline that we will arrange for first shipping before April ( which mean around March , because there are nearly Lunar New Year ). If we can not reach the time , i MAYBE  open a refund option for everyone.
Regards,
Shin

wow, now it is a whole year...
HHKB Type-s / 4x KMAC Happy / 3x Duck Viper v1 / 2x Duck Viper v2 / 4x Duck Viper Duck TCV3 / Red Scarf 77 / 2x Infinity 60 / 2x ALF HHKB / LZ-CE / FJELL / Canoe / Canoe PC / Canoe FE / ARES Prototype / 2x Ares / LC-CLSh / TX60 / YODA2 / E6-V2 / E6-V2 FE / CAMP LC60 / 2x EM 7 / 4x Leaf 60 / UHK / Project F / Polaris / 4x Duck Viper v3 / TX60 v2 / Thermal / Matrix Falcon / TX60 v3 / 2x TMO50 / 2x Dolice / Dolphin 65 / Dolphin 60 / Plenty of keycaps

Offline loud_asian

Looking to sell my spot for the dolphin

Dark grey top, black bottom. Silver and red aluminum plate w/ 2 pcbs. $702 paypal gift
EM7 | Nunu | Virgo | Salamander | SS AEK64

Offline Dteach

So let me get this straight? He has a baby, you show a few pictures and now everyone involved in the buy is just supposed to be happy for him?

The one who started the thread isn't active anymore. Lynn communicates through Tam. Complete lack of communication and honesty all around in this buy.

Maybe an explanation is deserved for those that have been waiting? Why was the PCB changed from Leekus to now Lynns own? How long was this pregnancy for there to be no planning around it? Can the boards ship without a PCB?

Offline nguyenkimtam

• Shin
So let me get this straight? He has a baby, you show a few pictures and now everyone involved in the buy is just supposed to be happy for him?

The one who started the thread isn't active anymore. Lynn communicates through Tam. Complete lack of communication and honesty all around in this buy.

Maybe an explanation is deserved for those that have been waiting? Why was the PCB changed from Leekus to now Lynns own? How long was this pregnancy for there to be no planning around it? Can the boards ship without a PCB?

Firstly , can i ask have you joined this groupbuy ?
He has the first baby so he have a lot of thing to do and worry , beside his work and his personal life ( his health have problem). He doesn’t make this group buy for profit , just to share his hobby so that’s he need to balance his life also , not only concentrated this one
Secondly , first time to arrange an international groupbuy with huge amount is not easy, packaging , safe shipping, payment , QC are really hard and need a lot of time. Do you think if a huge of boards ship back to Korea to fix or do something because have issues ? You can check that a lot of groupbuy are delayed.

Thirdly, Lynn not so well in English and bmw is not a senior member and not communicate as much with Linn as me so i can do it for them. Have  you see that i was hide or disappear when you guys ask or something ? Even i’m fighting with cancer for a year. I’m trying do my best so you think if that’s lack of communication , just go back to some delay old group buy and check.
There are technical and personal issues so what i should tell to you more detail? With Linn and leeku have personal issues which can not public so i must say all here ?? Linn have a reason and i respect the Maker. With shipping without pcb , that’s very hard for us , need to pack 2 times and do everything 2 times . Also the shipping fees. In addition, i’m not sure if that have a good fix with any else pcb , so if that not run ok , who is responsible for this ?

I also will give a refund option to show that we are not stole your money , just there are many issues appear in the first time we make this. We are trying my best to do everything ok.

Again , i’m here to help everyone on geekhack get a good quality product. And i’m trying my best , i understand all of complain because that’s your money. But that’s non-profit group buy so i hope you guys can understand for us.

Offline Cocopah

• Lurker Extraordinaire
 :(
« Last Edit: Fri, 12 January 2018, 02:19:25 by Cocopah »

Offline nguyenkimtam

• Shin
Will update when i have any news, Cocopah  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Fri, 12 January 2018, 02:20:37 by nguyenkimtam »

Offline Dteach

Shipping has already been paid for? Why doesn't Lynn allow for people to choose if they want it with or without the PCB and things get shipped separately. Also can we see pictures of the boards? Sometimes its better to get news from the person running things, it has nothing to do with you. Please don't try to say that other GB runners do the same, because most of the people here don't care about what other people do. Its disheartening knowing that you think someone else's flaws should become Lynns privilege.
« Last Edit: Fri, 12 January 2018, 10:36:43 by Dteach »

Offline afrokobe

i agree, if the pcbs seem like the main issue.  Maybe offer the option to source our own pcbs?

Offline nguyenkimtam

• Shin
Shipping has already been paid for? Why doesn't Lynn allow for people to choose if they want it with or without the PCB and things get shipped separately. Also can we see pictures of the boards? Sometimes its better to get news from the person running things, it has nothing to do with you. Please don't try to say that other GB runners do the same, because most of the people here don't care about what other people do. Its disheartening knowing that you think someone else's flaws should become Lynns privilege.
The pictures of board i taken and uploaded already on this thread, please check again.
With pcb Linn already order from the factory. That’s hard for Linn to manage about shipping 2 times and sorting again. As i said the main problem now is PCB and Linn personal issues.
I also will give a refund option if we can not reach the deadline. So that’s our idea for this situation.
Btw , if you didn’t join this gb so there is no reason why you try to judge us not honest or something else

Offline nguyenkimtam

• Shin
i agree, if the pcbs seem like the main issue.  Maybe offer the option to source our own pcbs?
As i said there are not sure that the tx87 or any pcbs else on the market can fit well with that. There are some case that pcb not well fix and you need to use a paper or something to keep it fix. So that is the problem. Also Linn are very busy right now so that’s why we delay.
Again , the deadline is march , so if we can not reach , refund option will available. And you can choose which one you want

Offline MajorKoos

It does seem like PCB's have been an issue for a couple of GB's of late.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"

It's because prototyping is expensive and people don't want to pay for it. Also a lot of preferences come into play for PCBs, so it can be a bit of a pain.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker

It's because prototyping is expensive and people don't want to pay for it. Also a lot of preferences come into play for PCBs, so it can be a bit of a pain.

PCBs are super cheap to prototype, as in sub $100. Absolustely worth it considering the amount lost if something is wrong :'(

Offline MajorKoos

PCBs are super cheap to prototype, as in sub $100. Absolustely worth it considering the amount lost if something is wrong :'(

Or just standardize on a specific design like the Pok3r for 60% keyboards. 
BYO PCB would also solve a bunch of issues.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker

There are standards for TKL (A87/B87), I believe the PCB(s) for this buy followed them. It sounds like whoever made the PCB for this just had some dimensions wrong.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder

There are standards for TKL (A87/B87), I believe the PCB(s) for this buy followed them. It sounds like whoever made the PCB for this just had some dimensions wrong.

I heard it was LED issues for this one, but you're correct. This board should work with TX87 PCBs, but for some reason they decided not to use them.

QMK A.87 PCB when
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline afrokobe

yea so I've heard quite a few people using leeku pcbs for their dolphin. I know there might be some issues that could arise, but at this point i couldn't care less.  I really just want my board.  No need to ship twice, just once.  Just ship me my board and I'll handle pcb issues.  We can chalk the two "leeku" pcbs I bought to a write off... (another kind of bull**** I don't really want to get into) 

Even better I know I am not the only person that shares the sentiment, so I can get a list of everyone that wants this option in CONUS.  I can even proxy everyone's board, so Lynn doesnt need to ship more than one package. 

Offline le_wraith

As a general matter I think we need to separate two things:
(1) should a group-buy runner be held to the same standards of customer service and timely delivery as other types of sellers, especially considering that this is done as a hobby rather than as a business?
(2) should a group-buy runner communicate transparently and in reasonable detail regarding delays and setbacks?

The answer to (1) is NO but the answer to (2) is YES. I feel like the group-buy runners here keep citing (1) as a reason not to do (2).

Lynn can be busy and there can be delays--that is fine. But it is reasonable to ask exactly what it is his busy-ness is preventing him from doing. Is it designing a PCB? Ordering a PCB to be manufactured? Other things? What exactly remains to be done? Is it true that no after-market PCB will fit inside the Dolphin case?

Can we get an option to get the keyboard cases now and pay extra shipping when the PCBs are ready? I realize that is extra work but I think it would make people feel much better, and it is not too much to ask.

Offline Cocopah

• Lurker Extraordinaire
yea so I've heard quite a few people using leeku pcbs for their dolphin. I know there might be some issues that could arise, but at this point i couldn't care less.  I really just want my board.  No need to ship twice, just once.  Just ship me my board and I'll handle pcb issues.  We can chalk the two "leeku" pcbs I bought to a write off... (another kind of bull**** I don't really want to get into) 

Even better I know I am not the only person that shares the sentiment, so I can get a list of everyone that wants this option in CONUS.  I can even proxy everyone's board, so Lynn doesnt need to ship more than one package.

I like this idea, unless we can get pics of exactly why other pcbs don’t fit and proof we “have” to use his pcb.

Offline Tally810

I'd happily take my board with no pcb. No need to ship the pcb when it arrives either.  Thanks

Offline afrokobe

As a general matter I think we need to separate two things:
(1) should a group-buy runner be held to the same standards of customer service and timely delivery as other types of sellers, especially considering that this is done as a hobby rather than as a business?
(2) should a group-buy runner communicate transparently and in reasonable detail regarding delays and setbacks?

The answer to (1) is NO but the answer to (2) is YES. I feel like the group-buy runners here keep citing (1) as a reason not to do (2).

Lynn can be busy and there can be delays--that is fine. But it is reasonable to ask exactly what it is his busy-ness is preventing him from doing. Is it designing a PCB? Ordering a PCB to be manufactured? Other things? What exactly remains to be done? Is it true that no after-market PCB will fit inside the Dolphin case?

Can we get an option to get the keyboard cases now and pay extra shipping when the PCBs are ready? I realize that is extra work but I think it would make people feel much better, and it is not too much to ask.

First off, I don't think it needs to be separated.  This is a business and a hobby, Lynn is making money on these boards.  No its not his full time job, but there needs to be some semblance of responsibility or accountability if I am paying for a money for a service or a product  Lynn isn't making these boards out of the kind of his own heart or making these boards at cost or even near at cost.

So with these conditions, I think it is safe to expect a bare minimum amount of responsibility.  Look this buy started out with BMW.  We had concerns with him being a relatively new user and his ability to run a GB.  He and Lynn both assured us that it would not be an issue.... look where we are now.  I am glad that Tam has at least taken over in this capacity, but the concerns were completely valid from the beginning. 

What I want from this groupbuy:
- a clear timeline; I know Lynn is busy with the baby, ect.. which probably should have been planned for, but now we beyond that.  So all I am asking for is a clear timeline.      i.e. WHEN the pcbs are going to be finished manufacturing, WHEN does lynn expect to get them, WHEN does Lynn expect to ship us ours (specifically the GH ones).    I am not asking for 24/7 dedication, zero delays, he can account for personal life matters, but give me a date.
- a heads up of delays before they happen, not after.  If you are not going to meet a deadline, I expect you to realize ahead of time.  So give me a heads up prior if the expected timeline needs to be changed.  I think this is just general common courtesy
- a clear answer on these questions:  Can I use a87 pcb?  If no, what kind of issues are with the a87 that prevents me from using with the dolphin?  Can I get the board without pcbs AT ALL?   

Offline nevaenuf

I'm waiting on the EM7, so I'm pretty sure that the PCB can't be sourced from somewhere else.  I'm waiting and hoping that this buy comes through.  These group buys seem to always have delays as people learn how to deal with manufacturers and other issues.  Folks getting sick, family issues, or just plain flaking out for a period of time. 

I join these group buys knowing these delays can happen because I love customizing my board and getting something that large companies just can't provide.  I love hearing about the design process and the production process INCLUDING the issues that come up.  That's all part of the story for small batch, artisan production. 

However, it can be very frustrating when the buys go dark for too long.  I mean, were trusting a community member with a LARGE chunk of cash for a very long time.  It helps to maintain trust when get information like, "Hey guys, we encountered a problem. Were thinking about this solution. We expect that the project will be delayed by X because of it".  And when things change, it would be good to know, "That solution we tried two weeks ago, it didn't work out so hot.  So, we're going to try something else."  The F77 project is a perfect example of this.  Now THAT group buy has a story.  And when I finally get my board, I'll feel like I was part of something really cool. 

Goodwill and trust can be maintained by great communication.

Offline MajorKoos

I understand Lynn had to sell his car to cover the PCB issue so I don't doubt his commitment to the GB at all.  If anything I'm impressed. 
The anticipation however is driving me a little crazy because I'm really looking forward to my EM.7 - Kustom Ergos don't happen every day after all.

Offline nguyenkimtam

• Shin
Firstly , i'm thanks for everyone who's always support us and understand for us.
This is the first time i handle a big gb like this , and Linn as well, so the communication may not good enough to build the trust. I'm so sorry about that. Furthermore , with the lack of English from Linn , so that's hard to communicate clearly and detail for all of his idea to all you guys.
I'm actually will go to Singapore soon for my cancer treatment so now i really don't have time and good mood, and Linn as well , he has many things to worry at this time , and i will get back on around 27 January  , so i will answer all of your questions on 29 or 30 January , about timeline , shipping without pcb , fitment of pcb , etc...
I hope you guys can understand for us of this situation , also , as i said , the refund option still available when we can not reach the deadline for all of you
Many thanks
Have a good night
« Last Edit: Fri, 12 January 2018, 23:04:30 by nguyenkimtam »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
Firstly , i'm thanks for everyone who's always support us and understand for us.
This is the first time i handle a big gb like this , and Linn as well, so the communication may not good enough to build the trust. I'm so sorry about that. Furthermore , with the lack of English from Linn , so that's hard to communicate clearly and detail for all of his idea to all you guys.
I'm actually will go to Singapore soon for my cancer treatment so now i really don't have time and good mood, and Linn as well , he has many things to worry at this time , and i will get back on around 27 January  , so i will answer all of your questions on 29 or 30 January , about timeline , shipping without pcb , fitment of pcb , etc...
I hope you guys can understand for us of this situation , also , as i said , the refund option still available when we can not reach the deadline for all of you
Many thanks
Have a good night

thank you so much for dealing with this GB while you're doing your treatment

you and linn are clearly very committed to this project, don't let a few ****heads on a forum ruin it for you

good luck with your treatment, good health to you
« Last Edit: Sat, 13 January 2018, 10:21:10 by Puddsy »

Offline MajorKoos

I hope your treatment is successful and the trip is uneventful.

Offline nevaenuf

Many thanks
Have a good night

Sorry to hear about your sickness.  I understand that you are a person first.  I appreciate the work you guys put in to enable these buys. I've been watching the em7 long before this buy started so I really want the buy to succeed.  I don't expect you all to be able to make the same kinds of promises that companies make.  I don't expect that level of customer service because you haven't promised that.  My comments above are not meant to be disheartening.  Rather, I hoped to convey to you what gets me excited about these group buys AND what gets me nervous.  Thanks for setting up the March deadline.  That gives us a time to look forward to for results or more information. I hope your treatments go well.  Take care of yourself and talk to you later.
« Last Edit: Sat, 13 January 2018, 13:40:37 by nevaenuf »

MOD EDIT:  Removed.  Keep WTB requests in the Classifieds subform please.

I had typed, "too far down the line" meaning from the begging of the GB, I had no idea I was out of line... I'm very sorry my apologies!
« Last Edit: Tue, 16 January 2018, 21:06:02 by ghostjuggernaut »

Offline megaforce

Looking to sell my Dolphin spot -- WKL, all silver.

And EM7 spot as well (Gold top Black bot Silver plate)!
More

Offline lol

Looking to give up my EM7 spot: 1 extra pcb, red top, black bottom, silver plate, gold tag.

Offline nguyenkimtam

• Shin
Hi all,
Just talked with Linn today , he said will shipping in 12 March ( we have a Lunar New Year so that's longer ).
Linn also just test with A87 again , and see there are no major problem with that. So you can use with A87 pcb.
Linn are now busy with his first child and near holidays so he can not shipping now ( with and without pcb ). But btw , as deadline plan is 12 March , if the pcb still have problems and still can not shipping at that day , i will open a request form with shipping without PCB to anyone want this
All the best
« Last Edit: Tue, 23 January 2018, 12:11:16 by nguyenkimtam »

Offline airs

Thanks for the update Shin!
Octagon v2, LZ CLS

Offline Tally810

Hi all,
Just talked with Linn today , he said will shipping in 12 March ( we have a Lunar New Year so that's longer ).
Linn also just test with A87 again , and see there are no major problem with that. So you can use with A87 pcb.
Linn are now busy with his first child and near holidays so he can not shipping now ( with and without pcb ). But btw , as deadline plan is 12 March , if the pcb still have problems and still can not shipping at that day , i will open a request form with shipping without PCB to anyone want this
All the best
Thx for update Tam.