Author Topic: Re: [IC] GMK Demon Sword - GB is live!  (Read 123812 times)

Offline Ahngel

Re: [IC] GMK Demon Sword (1/14/20 Render and Kit Update)
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 16 January 2020, 18:22:36 »
ayyyy set looks amazing man love the colors

Glad you got someone good to do the novelties and didn't just dump them like a chump or do any shady copying

day one buy

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #51 on: Thu, 16 January 2020, 20:20:48 »
I like the oath set a lot.

Offline 002 DC

« Reply #52 on: Thu, 16 January 2020, 20:26:36 »
:PepeSugoi:

Offline OtherAndrew

« Reply #53 on: Thu, 16 January 2020, 20:32:18 »
good set, please consider using v2 hiragana sublegends

Offline Raravin

« Reply #54 on: Thu, 16 January 2020, 20:35:21 »
good set, please consider using v2 hiragana sublegends

Yeah I just realized I missed the numrow and have fixed this waiting for when I make next wave of renders!.

Offline d00deitsnik

• Grails: SA Olivia, 1800 w/ only Latriualum keycaps
« Reply #55 on: Fri, 17 January 2020, 01:40:39 »
I guess I'll ask one more time, but any plans to include support for split backspace in the Oath Kit? :D

Offline Agilr

• Never stop achieving
    • Discord Server
« Reply #56 on: Fri, 17 January 2020, 02:23:37 »
Hey, love what you're doing with this IC and how open-minded you are to feedback.

My preference was for latin legends in base kit as it provides a clean look that ties in with the simplicity of colours with subs as an add-on kit, but can understand why you chose subs for the theme.

However, 'double-subs' on numrow and other keys I feel would make it too busy and overall detract the feel of the set. Just my 2 cents though, as I basically hate it on almost every set :p

Offline Traveler

« Reply #57 on: Fri, 17 January 2020, 12:26:12 »
Also double accents is a waste of keys.

I kinda agree. Having both is nice, but if the price is noticeably cheaper by removing one set I'd happily make that sacrifice.

However, 'double-subs' on numrow and other keys I feel would make it too busy and overall detract the feel of the set. Just my 2 cents though, as I basically hate it on almost every set :p

I think a lot of people feel that way, but funny enough I'm one of the few that feel the opposite. Having all of the alphas with Hiragana except for the top row feels weird to me. I'd rather it be all or nothing.

Offline Xerpocalypse

• (◡ ‿ ◡ )
« Reply #58 on: Fri, 17 January 2020, 12:48:42 »

I think a lot of people feel that way, but funny enough I'm one of the few that feel the opposite. Having all of the alphas with Hiragana except for the top row feels weird to me. I'd rather it be all or nothing.

Yeah the Mito-ized hiragana subs are something I'm not a fan of either. Dropping essential punctuation and language symbols for 'aesthetics' feels wrong.

Offline Raravin

« Reply #59 on: Fri, 17 January 2020, 13:28:01 »
Also double accents is a waste of keys.

I kinda agree. Having both is nice, but if the price is noticeably cheaper by removing one set I'd happily make that sacrifice.

So the reason right now for double accent is the talks with the SA  Royal Navy Creator and waiting to see how it goes. If get the all clear will be some changes. In regards to the double sub they are added for the future renders so keep an eye out will be a big update when I push all the changes I have in mind.

Offline Agilr

• Never stop achieving
    • Discord Server
« Reply #60 on: Fri, 17 January 2020, 14:52:53 »

Sorry for not clarifying, but I was referring to the top right legends seen on sets like GMK Serika

Offline depletedvespene

• Old, used-up vespene geyser.
    • Keyboard-related resources.
« Reply #61 on: Sat, 18 January 2020, 07:53:57 »
I've taken a look at the updated base kit. Other than the incomplete English (UK) support (something I'll never like), a couple errors caught my attention:

233866-0

1) You have two R1 `~ keys, both alpha-colored; the second one should be mod-colored (in keeping with the habit of providing corner alpha keys in both colors).

2) The alpha-colored R2 1.5U \| key and its corresponding alpha-colored R1 analog have their hiragana (this is correct), but the mod-colored R2 1.5U \| does not have it (and it should).

2a) Note that the R4 \| key does not have it AND THAT IS CORRECT and a Hiragana symbol shouldn't be added at all in this one key.

HTH!

Offline Quinella

« Reply #62 on: Sat, 18 January 2020, 09:27:06 »
If we're talking about the origin of the sets inspiration shouldnt this be Chinese sublegends instead of japanese

:sips:

Offline Raravin

« Reply #63 on: Sat, 18 January 2020, 19:44:52 »
I've taken a look at the updated base kit. Other than the incomplete English (UK) support (something I'll never like), a couple errors caught my attention:

(Attachment Link)

1) You have two R1 `~ keys, both alpha-colored; the second one should be mod-colored (in keeping with the habit of providing corner alpha keys in both colors).

2) The alpha-colored R2 1.5U \| key and its corresponding alpha-colored R1 analog have their hiragana (this is correct), but the mod-colored R2 1.5U \| does not have it (and it should).

2a) Note that the R4 \| key does not have it AND THAT IS CORRECT and a Hiragana symbol shouldn't be added at all in this one key.

Thank you for the awesome feedback I will look into it and make sure it is fixed before Final Renders!
HTH!

Offline Raravin

Re: [IC] GMK Demon Sword (1/27/20 Deskmats and more Renders!)
« Reply #64 on: Mon, 27 January 2020, 12:32:21 »
Updates
1/27/2020 (Preparing for the Voyage)
  • Updated Base kit to V3
  • Updated Oathset to V2
  • Updated Novelties to V3
  • Added Deskmats to the IC (Done by OCM)
  • Added Oath Set renders on boards
  • Added Compare photos to Rudy (will add more) 

Offline OtherAndrew

« Reply #65 on: Mon, 27 January 2020, 16:11:34 »
Updates
  • Updated Base kit to V3
  • Updated Oathset to V2

I noticed that these new renders have the old-style hiragana sublegends. Other than that, good-looking renders

Offline Raravin

« Reply #66 on: Mon, 27 January 2020, 17:02:19 »
Updates
  • Updated Base kit to V3
  • Updated Oathset to V2

I noticed that these new renders have the old-style hiragana sublegends. Other than that, good-looking renders

So there has some debate and still conversation about the num row 2nd sub legends so for now leaving it out as get some more feedback and debate.

Offline vitamilk

« Reply #67 on: Mon, 27 January 2020, 17:08:21 »
I don't think I'll ever be able to stop reading that deskmat as "Minayaa" every time I see it... But the set is looking great!

Offline Traveler

« Reply #68 on: Mon, 27 January 2020, 17:12:15 »
Hurray for an update! I didn't realize how much I was anticipating this set until things got silent for a few days lol.

I'm not much of a deskmat guy, but those are looking good.

I guess you heard back from the dudes at UK Keycaps? I see that the base kit doesn't have any more blue-on-red keys. The novelty kit still has them though.

Offline Raravin

« Reply #69 on: Mon, 27 January 2020, 18:10:11 »
Hurray for an update! I didn't realize how much I was anticipating this set until things got silent for a few days lol.

I'm not much of a deskmat guy, but those are looking good.

I guess you heard back from the dudes at UK Keycaps? I see that the base kit doesn't have any more blue-on-red keys. The novelty kit still has them though.

Not fully yet I am fully prepared to update again so I am not to chase anyone out. He is still on vacation but for now showing it as is so he can fully see what I plan on making. Will make seal of approval or denial an entire update itself.

Offline Raravin

Re: [IC] GMK Demon Sword (1/29/20 TKC Vendor!)
« Reply #70 on: Thu, 30 January 2020, 06:48:54 »
Update for 1/29/29

We have officially gotten TKC will run the set!

Offline Novafish

« Reply #71 on: Fri, 31 January 2020, 23:54:28 »
oath kit to include red keys that replace the white F keys?

Offline CodeMayhem

« Reply #72 on: Sun, 02 February 2020, 01:33:51 »

yeah this is a must.

Offline ymaaan

« Reply #73 on: Tue, 18 February 2020, 07:53:29 »
Is there already a target date on which this set will run?

Offline Zephyraeon

« Reply #74 on: Tue, 18 February 2020, 13:14:03 »

yeah this is a must.

This would be great. White F keys with oath kit looks a bit weird. Already all in on all kits though!

Offline Ultimatum

« Reply #75 on: Thu, 20 February 2020, 07:10:49 »
Latin alpha plz~ :'(

Offline CrispFunk

« Reply #76 on: Sat, 22 February 2020, 01:34:38 »
I would love if I can get a novelty promise ring or something to signify that I oath'd her.

Offline Traveler

« Reply #77 on: Sat, 29 February 2020, 18:17:43 »
Any news? It's been about a month since the last update.

Offline ever9415

• EVER STORY
« Reply #78 on: Mon, 09 March 2020, 07:20:45 »
If GB starts, I will participate.
« Last Edit: Fri, 13 March 2020, 21:58:36 by ever9415 »

Offline Raravin

« Reply #79 on: Mon, 09 March 2020, 17:41:48 »
Any news? It's been about a month since the last update.

If GB starts, he will participate.

Im actually about to post an update soon keep an eye out. Lowkey where did you get that banner though I was about to post one and those are way better then what I posted lol

Offline Traveler

« Reply #80 on: Mon, 09 March 2020, 18:11:03 »
Lowkey where did you get that banner though I was about to post one and those are way better then what I posted lol

I'm so hyped for this set that I made it myself lol. I popped into Photoshop, traced the Demon Sword icon, and took one of the render images you put in the original post.

Thanks for the compliments! Feel free to use it however you wish, or if you publish an official banner I'll gladly switch over to that.

Offline Raravin

3/9/2020 (40mm Cannon Ready)
  • Updated Oathset to V3 (Red F Row Added)
  • Added 40s Kit Support!
  • Added Vendor Section
  • Added Discord Link
  • Added Forum Signature

Apologize for the MIA on this, was waiting on some renders before posting the latest update and looking at feedback. Dont worry the set will be made just working out small details on the backend!

Offline Zephyraeon

• Added 40s Kit Support!
  • Added Vendor Section
  • Added Discord Link
  • Added Forum Signature

Apologize for the MIA on this, was waiting on some renders before posting the latest update and looking at feedback. Dont worry the set will be made just working out small details on the backend!

I was hoping the added F keys in the Oath Kit would be F1-4 and F9-12 because white F keys with red alphas looks weird to me. Red F5-8 doesn’t solve that problem :(

Offline Raravin

• Added 40s Kit Support!
  • Added Vendor Section
  • Added Discord Link
  • Added Forum Signature

I was hoping the added F keys in the Oath Kit would be F1-4 and F9-12 because white F keys with red alphas looks weird to me. Red F5-8 doesn’t solve that problem :(

It is something where we might end up into the oath kit becomes close to as expensive if not very close to base kit with all the keys added. Swapped the blue at least to make it more even.

Offline Raravin

• Added 40s Kit Support!
  • Added Vendor Section
  • Added Discord Link
  • Added Forum Signature

It is something where we might end up into the oath kit becomes close to as expensive if not very close to base kit with all the keys added. Swapped the blue at least to make it more even.

Offline TsuyuuRX

I'm not really a huge fan of the hiragana sublegends, there's no way you can offer alpha kit with just the regular english legends?

Offline Raravin

I'm not really a huge fan of the hiragana sublegends, there's no way you can offer alpha kit with just the regular english legends?

Sadly they were originally offered but there was "issues" with Rudy where we removed to to help qualm those waters.

Offline OtherAndrew

Was there a decision made on what hiragana sublegends were going to be used?

Offline Raravin

Was there a decision made on what hiragana sublegends were going to be used?

What do you mean? There was discussions in discords with a strawpoll to not include the "double sublegends" on say the numrow

Offline Raravin

Updated discord link https://discord.gg/SRjZqr2 - Shouldnt expire now

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
Base (Updated V3)
Show Image

There's a duplicate R3 1.75u Caps Lock key in the base kit. I'm assuming one of them is supposed to be Control.

I suggest using R3 \|, R4 <> instead of R3 #~, R4 \| (incomplete ISO-UK) for the ISO keys.

Super is cool, but have you considered our lord and savior, System?

Rest of the kit looks good.

Spacebar
Show Image

The 6.25u and 7u white spacebars are duplicates of the ones in the base kit. How about replacing them with a 6u centered stem spacebar?

I don't think two 2u spacebars are necessary. One should be enough.

Consider dropping the two 1.75u spacebars. They're only used on two or three 40% customs, which, iirc, are quite rare to boot.
« Last Edit: Wed, 11 March 2020, 18:29:56 by constexpr »

Offline Raravin

Base (Updated V3)
Show Image

There's a duplicate R3 1.75u Caps Lock key in the base kit. I'm assuming one of them is supposed to be Control.

I suggest using R3 \|, R4 <> instead of R3 #~, R4 \| (incomplete ISO-UK) for the ISO keys.

Super is cool, but have you considered our lord and savior, System?

Rest of the kit looks good.

Spacebar
Show Image

The 6.25u and 7u white spacebars are duplicates of the ones in the base kit. How about replacing them with a 6u centered stem spacebar?

I don't think two 2u spacebars are necessary. One should be enough.

Consider dropping the two 1.75u spacebars. They're only used on two or three 40% customs, which, iirc, are quite rare to boot.

SO one of the 6u is centered in the spacebar kit just was not label properly. I can get that fixed and will look at the Base kit as well. And think I did 2 to closely match the 40s kit. But will look what I based it off of. Thank you!
« Last Edit: Thu, 12 March 2020, 06:38:44 by Raravin »

Offline Michalka

This set would look so good with my homelander canoe

Offline freespam

I want antenna novelties  :)

Offline Raravin

Closest thing I thought would be cool is the "ear" one with each of her ear ona keycap

Offline CrispFunk

Closest thing I thought would be cool is the "ear" one with each of her ear ona keycap
Give me an oath ring :>

Offline tofulo

reminds me of gundam, which I love

Offline Ramzh

I need more Azur Lane keycaps...

Offline FullSend

Great job on the kit - Definitely looking forward to joining this one!

Offline freespam

What I meant to say in my last post is.  I love the set, but it'd feel incomplete without 1.25 and 1.5 antenna novelties.    ;D