Author Topic: [IC] Paragon – 75% gasket mount w encoder | Soundtests, GB Jan 8  (Read 236362 times)

Offline r00dy

• like it, buy it. don't like it, don't buy it
Re: [IC-2] Paragon – 75% gasket mount w encoder | Artisan Knob Progress Pics
« Reply #150 on: Sat, 30 January 2021, 13:55:03 »
Are those last photos in the main post FE version? If so, how to score one when released?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

There's no FE/LE version anymore, just 575 boards total distributed across different regions. The renders are on a black paragon with a black knob (not sure if we'll offer this during the gb but we are looking into it).

Offline iknowreal

« Reply #151 on: Tue, 02 February 2021, 21:20:39 »
I look at the comments everyday for this board. I feel like this page is more up-to-date than reddit or the discord. I legit have money saved to pull the trigger on this board it's crazy because this my first custom board. I read things about people going crazy over keyboards I was like that's just silly. Now after witnessing how fast a board can disappear I have to check email alerts daily just to make sure I don't miss anything.

Offline fastertypes69

« Reply #152 on: Fri, 05 February 2021, 16:11:13 »
Let's goooo!!

Offline r00dy

« Reply #153 on: Sun, 07 February 2021, 18:01:46 »
I look at the comments everyday for this board. I feel like this page is more up-to-date than reddit or the discord. I legit have money saved to pull the trigger on this board it's crazy because this my first custom board. I read things about people going crazy over keyboards I was like that's just silly. Now after witnessing how fast a board can disappear I have to check email alerts daily just to make sure I don't miss anything.

Glad to have you excited. I personally feel like our discord is more up to date but as long as you're there, you should get all the information and alerts you need! We'll definitely post updates on geekhack as well.

We're still waiting on a proto update but we do have some pics of the artisan collab knobs with Keylabs (the rest are in our discord).

261695-0

261697-1

Offline iknowreal

« Reply #154 on: Sun, 07 February 2021, 19:24:33 »
I really like the way all of them look.

Offline Chippy

• sus chef
« Reply #155 on: Sun, 07 February 2021, 19:37:47 »
knob good
1.2og | Buddy 6xx | Le Fishe V1 Proto | xyz60 Rev2 | Quartermaster | Chimera65 | Satisfaction75 | Realforce 84u | Zenith Z-150 | Realforce 86u | 378
More
This and the swiss cheese keyboard is the next generation of keyboards

Offline iknowreal

« Reply #156 on: Thu, 11 February 2021, 23:08:55 »
will we get e-mail notifications on the release from the interest check survey ?

Offline Bubbles

• keebn00b
« Reply #157 on: Fri, 12 February 2021, 02:33:17 »
INTERESTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And will buy when available.

This design gives me a smile on the face. As a beginner in this keyboard domain I hope this will be my first  :thumb: :thumb:

But I guess I am to late... :( :(
« Last Edit: Fri, 12 February 2021, 08:17:17 by Bubbles »

Offline sagarsiddhpura

« Reply #158 on: Fri, 12 February 2021, 04:32:06 »
Can you put the artisan pics in original post on page 1

Offline iknowreal

« Reply #159 on: Sun, 14 February 2021, 12:59:15 »
I suspect this keyboard is more likely to be released closer to Q2. Q1 seems like a unrealistic delivery date.

Offline Andmania

« Reply #160 on: Fri, 12 March 2021, 10:09:06 »
Is now too late to jump in? Really my dream board.

Offline r00dy

« Reply #161 on: Fri, 12 March 2021, 16:05:02 »
will we get e-mail notifications on the release from the interest check survey ?

I'm not sure if we'll send an email out but we will definitely update/bump on geekhack while providing announcements in our discord server along with our vendor's servers as well.

INTERESTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And will buy when available.

This design gives me a smile on the face. As a beginner in this keyboard domain I hope this will be my first  :thumb: :thumb:

But I guess I am to late... :( :(

Is now too late to jump in? Really my dream board.

Nope not late at all. There was a miscommunication and the factory didn't send the proto to anodization before CNY/LNY. This set us back by a few weeks but we anticipate the proto to be shipped by end of week next week. We're currently waiting on the knob friction fit to be confirmed with the encoder. The PCBs arrived in Germany last weekend.

I suspect this keyboard is more likely to be released closer to Q2. Q1 seems like a unrealistic delivery date.

Given the update above, this revised estimate is correct. I would anticipate a Q2 drop as long as the prototyping proceeds smoothly. Apologies for the delays along the way.

Can you put the artisan pics in original post on page 1

Will do. Here's another picture of the artisan knobs we received from keylabs:

264319-0

Offline xelinquish

« Reply #162 on: Fri, 12 March 2021, 19:31:23 »
been eyeing on this for a while now. can't wait!

Offline sybase

« Reply #163 on: Sun, 14 March 2021, 12:36:28 »
It looks like the hotswap pcb supports blocker-less WKL 7U bottom row, but the solder PCB doesn't? Is there a reason for this and can you add this layout option to the solder PCB?

Offline Kristof

« Reply #164 on: Sun, 14 March 2021, 16:29:36 »
Been looking to buy a TKL style keyboard. This seems to fit my needs perfectly!
I'm in from EU surely!

Offline santela

« Reply #165 on: Sun, 14 March 2021, 22:27:05 »
Quick question, does the hotswap pcb support all these layouts (7u and 6.25u spacebar, split backspace and stepped caps)? I'm asking because I have never seen hotswap pcbs support so many layouts and I don't know if I'm misunderstanding anything.

Offline r00dy

« Reply #166 on: Mon, 15 March 2021, 08:09:18 »
It looks like the hotswap pcb supports blocker-less WKL 7U bottom row, but the solder PCB doesn't? Is there a reason for this and can you add this layout option to the solder PCB?

The reasoning behind this is more related to the timeline in which we developed the PCBs. We didn't have a hotswap pcb in our original IC (only the soldering one with the exact same layout it currently has). After people requested a hotswap pcb and blockers/wkl layouts, we reconsidered a hotswap pcb and decided to add the blocker-less wkl instead of adding blockers to the board. Unfortunately, I haven't seen anyone really request the 7U bottom row in the solder variant so it probably won't happen given that the pcb prototypes have already been produced.

Quick question, does the hotswap pcb support all these layouts (7u and 6.25u spacebar, split backspace and stepped caps)? I'm asking because I have never seen hotswap pcbs support so many layouts and I don't know if I'm misunderstanding anything.

That is correct. I believe the ikki aurora provided similar compatibility with a split spacebar in lieu of the 7U spacebar. We wanted to provide layout versatility in the hotswap pcb.

I'm in from EU surely!

Thanks! The board is a 75% (not a TKL) but glad to have your support. I should have a major update in two days or so.
« Last Edit: Mon, 15 March 2021, 08:19:18 by r00dy »

Offline sybase

« Reply #167 on: Mon, 15 March 2021, 12:43:02 »
The reasoning behind this is more related to the timeline in which we developed the PCBs. We didn't have a hotswap pcb in our original IC (only the soldering one with the exact same layout it currently has). After people requested a hotswap pcb and blockers/wkl layouts, we reconsidered a hotswap pcb and decided to add the blocker-less wkl instead of adding blockers to the board. Unfortunately, I haven't seen anyone really request the 7U bottom row in the solder variant so it probably won't happen given that the pcb prototypes have already been produced.

Ok thats fair given GB date is close. The multi-layout hotswap is a very nice feature.

Offline santela

« Reply #168 on: Mon, 15 March 2021, 20:43:17 »

That is correct. I believe the ikki aurora provided similar compatibility with a split spacebar in lieu of the 7U spacebar. We wanted to provide layout versatility in the hotswap pcb.

I'm in from EU surely!

Thanks! The board is a 75% (not a TKL) but glad to have your support. I should have a major update in two days or so.

That's awesome, thanks!

Offline r00dy

« Reply #169 on: Tue, 23 March 2021, 22:16:42 »
A bit late but we do have some machining pics from the factory. Should have more updates by the end of next week hopefully!

265145-0

265147-1

265149-2

Offline WHAT!?

• WHAT!?
« Reply #170 on: Wed, 24 March 2021, 07:41:27 »
Bloody hell. That wall thickness though. You could park a car on this thing. LOL

Which, to me is pretty cool, but my god man. That is a lot of material.

Offline plakog

« Reply #171 on: Fri, 26 March 2021, 00:44:42 »
Hi everyone, I'm new in the forum! Wish I knew about it earlier to catch CyberVoyager and Space65. But, hopefully I'll catch the designs now. I'd be interested in Paragon!

Offline BullRage

« Reply #172 on: Fri, 26 March 2021, 02:29:01 »
Count me in on that!

Offline Xury46

« Reply #173 on: Wed, 31 March 2021, 04:58:22 »
This really is a pretty keyboard. I love the knobs and the engraved weight. I won't be able to afford this but I wish you the best of luck with the project. :)

Offline r00dy

« Reply #174 on: Fri, 02 April 2021, 07:32:58 »
Bloody hell. That wall thickness though. You could park a car on this thing. LOL

Hi everyone, I'm new in the forum! Wish I knew about it earlier to catch CyberVoyager and Space65. But, hopefully I'll catch the designs now. I'd be interested in Paragon!

Count me in on that!

This really is a pretty keyboard. I love the knobs and the engraved weight. I won't be able to afford this but I wish you the best of luck with the project. :)

Thanks for all the support! The factory has finished producing the prototype and is shipping it to Germany. It should hopefully arrive late next week and spend roughly a week with Keebwerk before being shipped to us in California.

We prototyped an ewhite top case and deep navy bottom case to get multiple color samples in the same prototype (the final production units won't be two toned). There should be a gunmetal prototype knob as well as we were exploring color matching the knob to the case (this also provides us with gunmetal color samples). Here are some more pictures that the factory sent us:

265764-0

265766-1

265768-2

Offline BullRage

« Reply #175 on: Fri, 02 April 2021, 09:07:22 »

Count me in on that!

Thanks for all the support! The factory has finished producing the prototype and is shipping it to Germany. It should hopefully arrive late next week and spend roughly a week with Keebwerk before being shipped to us in California.

We prototyped an ewhite top case and deep navy bottom case to get multiple color samples in the same prototype (the final production units won't be two toned). There should be a gunmetal prototype knob as well as we were exploring color matching the knob to the case (this also provides us with gunmetal color samples). Here are some more pictures that the factory sent us:

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ]

Wow..  I need that in my life right now. I didn't know, but I was waiting for that case my whole life  :eek:

Offline iknowreal

« Reply #176 on: Fri, 02 April 2021, 13:59:19 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Ahh so here we go again. R00dy playing with my emotions. Slowly trying to draw me back in after I said I was going to leave this alone after  having notifications and looking at this every single day for 4-5months.

Offline Viti0

Re: [IC] Paragon – 75% gasket mount w encoder | Proto Pics 04/02
« Reply #177 on: Mon, 05 April 2021, 07:27:52 »
Wow, that is one beautiful keyboard and exactly what I'm looking for, count me in in Europe!

Offline r00dy

Re: [IC] Paragon – 75% gasket mount w encoder | Proto Pics 04/10
« Reply #178 on: Sat, 10 April 2021, 08:46:11 »
Thanks for the support! The board reached Keebwerk on Thursday and we have some fresh photos with much better lighting (plus the plate is on the right way this time). I've updated the timeline and post to reflect the status of the board's development along with some different pictures than the ones I've linked below.

266295-0

266297-1

« Last Edit: Sat, 10 April 2021, 08:48:20 by r00dy »

Offline garald

« Reply #179 on: Sat, 10 April 2021, 10:47:31 »
looking good!

Offline Nles

« Reply #180 on: Mon, 12 April 2021, 01:42:44 »
Definitely YES!

Offline BirgusLatro

« Reply #181 on: Mon, 12 April 2021, 09:38:37 »
Design: stunning
Knobs: gorgeous
Proto: flawless
Typing test: about to be heavenly
GB: LFG!!!!

Offline r00dy

Re: [IC] Paragon – 75% gasket mount w encoder | Update 04/24
« Reply #182 on: Sat, 24 April 2021, 17:38:37 »
The first prototype has been reviewed and built. We've decided to order a second prototype with some minor adjustments. I've also attached a tentative timeline that we hope to adhere to. While the first prototype took longer to produce and review due to some unforeseen circumstances, we're hoping that this timeline should hold up for a groupbuy this summer.

Timeline:

Order for second prototype is placed (last week of April)
Second prototype will reach Keebwerk around end of May, early June
Second prototype will be shipped to California (early June)
Second prototype will be sent to a streamer to be built and reviewed (early June)

Picture of built prototype

267120-0

Offline waylaidwanderer

« Reply #183 on: Sat, 24 April 2021, 18:12:45 »

Looks so good! Great to finally see a built prototype.

Offline UGunaLOSE

« Reply #184 on: Sun, 25 April 2021, 07:46:06 »
very nice!!!

Offline iknowreal

« Reply #185 on: Sun, 25 April 2021, 10:11:23 »
I was beginning to think I was imagining this keyboard. 

Offline cojojo11

« Reply #186 on: Mon, 03 May 2021, 10:59:54 »
Hmmmm...Deep Navy or E-White with Kat Mizu  :-\

Offline Bobatype

• Discord ID: BobaSweatandTears#1659
« Reply #187 on: Mon, 03 May 2021, 11:56:05 »
If KAT Mizu is your endgame keycap set then I'd get Deep Navy, but if you have multiple sets on the way, and plan to rotate, the White is much more versatile, albeit less unique than Deep Navy.

Offline iknowreal

« Reply #188 on: Mon, 03 May 2021, 12:14:23 »
I have been concerned on lol I don't know about going white because I feel like it would get dirty easily .

Offline IRLRaptor

« Reply #189 on: Wed, 05 May 2021, 07:08:07 »

Blood Moon or Moonlight for the Kat Mizu?

I was thinking E-white with SA Ramses in Nile / Gold&Sand accents

Offline r00dy

« Reply #190 on: Tue, 11 May 2021, 15:06:00 »
The revisions have been finalized and the second prototype order has been placed with the factory. We're a little behind our previous schedule due to the holiday last week but only by a week or two. We're anticipating the arrival of the second prototype in June.

Offline Lazesummerstone

• ҠѤӋϚΔΡѕ
    • MY Keycap set - Transmutation
« Reply #191 on: Wed, 12 May 2021, 14:14:26 »
The weight alone... is gorgeous!!  :eek:

Offline dxxbox

« Reply #192 on: Tue, 18 May 2021, 00:33:41 »
Dear Sir, This is dxxbox from China, Love this keyboard when I first saw it, then I register and rely with faith that i can have a chance to order one, this will be my ultimate one.

Offline r00dy

« Reply #193 on: Mon, 24 May 2021, 13:48:25 »
The weight alone... is gorgeous!!  :eek:

Dear Sir, This is dxxbox from China, Love this keyboard when I first saw it, then I register and rely with faith that i can have a chance to order one, this will be my ultimate one.

Thanks for the support and kind words. We have a few updates regarding the status of the prototype

1. Due to popular demand, we've decided to include foam. There will be foam between the plate and PCB, and beneath the PCB. Foam will be optional during the build process and it will not affect the groupbuy price.
2. The second prototype case (with a gunmetal top and black bottom) will be completed and shipped to Germany by the end of next week.
3. Gasket production will delay the groupbuy as molds are currently being made. Keebwerk is ordering the gaskets in bulk as they will be used in other projects besides the Paragon.
4. We're aiming for a late July groupbuy date. The specific dates and times will be announced later.

Offline dxxbox

« Reply #194 on: Wed, 26 May 2021, 09:01:29 »
Dear r00dy, if the total amount of the keyboard are limited, does it mean there will be spot sell? Or we need to wait another 7-12 months?

Offline r00dy

« Reply #195 on: Wed, 26 May 2021, 23:45:29 »
Dear r00dy, if the total amount of the keyboard are limited, does it mean there will be spot sell? Or we need to wait another 7-12 months?

I'm not sure I fully understand the question but if you're asking whether or not this is a groupbuy with a waiting period, then the answer is yes. It's not an in stock item so you will have to wait some time.

Offline 0hh.Hello

« Reply #196 on: Tue, 01 June 2021, 20:13:39 »
This is one of those times I wish I'd never discovered mechanical keyboards because this is so beautiful, and I want it, but my wallet weeps because I just can't justify spending that much money. But for real, well done. It's gorgeous!

Offline KevenKeys

« Reply #197 on: Thu, 03 June 2021, 00:04:56 »
Offff the prototype looks great! Cannot wait for this board! Well done.... it is beautiful.

Offline Delicious Deity

« Reply #198 on: Sun, 06 June 2021, 14:44:09 »
Shame about the lack of RGBs.

Offline r00dy

« Reply #199 on: Sun, 06 June 2021, 22:46:29 »
This is one of those times I wish I'd never discovered mechanical keyboards because this is so beautiful, and I want it, but my wallet weeps because I just can't justify spending that much money. But for real, well done. It's gorgeous!

Offff the prototype looks great! Cannot wait for this board! Well done.... it is beautiful.

Thanks for the support, the machining has been finished and the anodization is currently underway.

Shame about the lack of RGBs.

When designing the pcb, we were careful to ensure the exclusion of RGB for aesthetic purposes.