Author Topic: [IC] Harbour —港口: GB on April 2nd  (Read 113078 times)

Offline raykcy

• RnCables
looking forward to more plate options!!

Offline jmepstein

looking forward to more plate options!!

Agreed - an FR4 and half-FR4 option would be next level

Offline Alejo1707

• Gimme some more caps!
How are things going in HK? I understand the ex-colony was going through some rough times, and I am not yet comfortable doing business with the island until everything settles.

Offline Convergence

Absolutely adore WKL 65% boards and this is no exception, sadly the omission of an ISO plate is a dealbreaker for me personally. Good luck with the IC and GB!

Offline heyimpanda

always good to see more symmetrical WKL 65s

Offline raykcy

• RnCables
How are things going in HK? I understand the ex-colony was going through some rough times, and I am not yet comfortable doing business with the island until everything settles.

Right now it is only COVID-19 that is affecting the city. Otherwise, we are still the same free port!

Offline Surefoot

I <3 HK, and this case profile is really cool. Would be fantastic if you could have a fixed ISO plate file so it saves time for us when we'll order our custom plates for it :)

Offline kibou store

I <3 HK, and this case profile is really cool. Would be fantastic if you could have a fixed ISO plate file so it saves time for us when we'll order our custom plates for it :)

yes we are considering an universal plate as an addon!

Offline zoo

• zoo
finally a 65% to match the Kira80 :D

Offline driftingbunnies

Looks great! GLWIC!

Offline soloplayer

do you have a ballpark price for this lovely board?
also i suggest that you could try leaf spring gasket, and add more flex cut, for good typing feel :thumb:

Offline Surefoot

I mean if you consider plate files, instead of universal you can do fixed layout, it's the same price :D

Offline kibou store

also i suggest that you could try leaf spring gasket, and add more flex cut, for good typing feel :thumb:

I mean if you consider plate files, instead of universal you can do fixed layout, it's the same price :D

We are aiming to price this board below 400usd - pricing yet to be confirmed. Regarding the flex cuts, leaf springs and iso plate files, we are defo looking into adding these as they have been highly requested. We will probably release some more polls in the future - keep an eye out!

Offline soloplayer

We are aiming to price this board below 400usd - pricing yet to be confirmed. Regarding the flex cuts, leaf springs and iso plate files, we are defo looking into adding these as they have been highly requested. We will probably release some more polls in the future - keep an eye out!

imho below 400$ is too cheap !? with pandemic still around, i dont know whether you can achieve a good quality product with that price ...
polished ss weight cost so much, so many SKUS
~500$ is still affordable for everyone, i think. at least for me lol
i just want a very good product, worth the price  :thumb:

Offline InvXXVII

RESERVED

As a HK native, am very excited to see this project come to fruition.

Offline Casserole

this is looking nice

Offline yoboard

• Keyboard Designer
    • Keyboard Designer
I love that side profile.

Offline R4YN3

I really hope that we get to choose what color weight we get. Or at least let us buy an additional one haha. This keeb is an instacop for me and I hope to be able to get one!! Love the design!

Offline ywcsam

Love the design, love the idea behind the keyboard. As someone who is from HK, I am very looking forward to owning one. Stainless steel is cool, but I would like to have the option of having a brass weight, just because brass looks like gold, and gold goes well with the idea of HK being the international finance center  :)

Offline kibou store

Love the design, love the idea behind the keyboard. As someone who is from HK, I am very looking forward to owning one. Stainless steel is cool, but I would like to have the option of having a brass weight, just because brass looks like gold, and gold goes well with the idea of HK being the international finance center  :)

I really hope that we get to choose what color weight we get. Or at least let us buy an additional one haha. This keeb is an instacop for me and I hope to be able to get one!! Love the design!

Thanks for the support lads! We will definitely be trying out different weight options including PVD finishes for our prototypes! More photos will be released later on!

Offline heyimpanda

maybe this is a silly question, the post lists a 100 MOQ but no known actual upper limit yet, correct?

Offline Laur

• Formerly dudeship
  • gmk retro runic
    • wip
Fractal Sides are so hot! GLWGB!

Offline kibou store

maybe this is a silly question, the post lists a 100 MOQ but no known actual upper limit yet, correct?

Yes, we are still uncertain about the limit, but it will 100% be a limited gb

Offline WilsonWan

If possible, Rose Gold/Lavender would be nice

Offline baccaan

The side profile of this board looks exquisite. Definitely a fan of this board.

Offline greenteahaven

damn this looks good. def gonna check it out  :) :) :) :) :) :)

Offline Abstand

As a Kira80 owner this board intrigues the hell out of me. I am definitely interested. I see the MOQ is 100. Will there be a maximum number of units for the GB?

Offline kibou store

Hello! Yes, the MOQ is 100, and the maximum will be limited. We have a team in Hong Kong, and will be working with a chinese vendor to deliver all the parcels! Will provide more updates on the maximum quantity later on!

Offline deetits

Lived in Hong Kong for 5 years, and still have a soft spot for the city in my heart.

Will definitely cop this board, but can you consider a Lilac colourway if possible ?

Offline kibou store

[IC] Harbour —港口: A 65% gasket mounted board designed by Kibou, Hong Kong
« Reply #79 on: Wed, 17 February 2021, 19:51:25 »
Lived in Hong Kong for 5 years, and still have a soft spot for the city in my heart.

Will definitely cop this board, but can you consider a Lilac colourway if possible ?
Hey! Glad you enjoyed Hong Kong! We might actually include an additional colourway and it will be decided by you guys with a poll! Stay tuned for more updates!

Offline prizeS

• TastyKeys
as many 65% as i have, this is still very interesting and definitely will grab one if i get the chance to. good luck with the future sale! :)
i lub 65% and wkl tkl.

Offline SourZespri

Really loving this! However, I would've loved to see more color options, especially something that draws the connection between the design and the inspiration. Maybe something blue to represent HK's harbour and the reflection of the sky from the BOC building?

Offline Rx003

The sides looks so good! Good with this!! Hoping for the best!  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Offline fredprinz21

Good luck with the IC + GB! Have answered your IC form. Much love from the Philippines!
For the night is dark and full of terrors.

Offline kibou store

As many of you have requested for an extra colour option for Harbour, we are releasing a poll for you guys to vote!
The most popular colourway will be our 4th colour option!

(Note: The colour listed were some of the most popular ones that we received in our IC form)

https://forms.gle/99ASJrS4qD7P9qvo6

Offline sup3r170va

I hope the fourth "colour" is PC :)

Offline elmo

• Hello I like keyboards
    • Elmo's keyboards
Will the board support a standard 6.25u spacebar bottom row?

Offline kibou store

Unfortunately, the default plate is a fixed 7u bottom row, however, we will release the plate files, and the pcb does support 6.25 u

Offline afynyth

Could the feet be changed into strip feet or circle bumpons? Not a huge fan of this style because it looks too much like a picture frame, and is distracting from the rest of the beautiful bottom.

Appreciate the hotswap support!

Offline elmo

• Hello I like keyboards
    • Elmo's keyboards

Unfortunately, the default plate is a fixed 7u bottom row, however, we will release the plate files, and the pcb does support 6.25 u

I can live with that ;D

Offline kibou store

24/2 Progress Update:
- First prototype should arrive in late March
- Added leaf spring plate, some extra self aligning spots
- Change in the shape of feets

More pictures and renders will be provided later on! Thanks for everyone's support

Offline soloplayer

24/2 Progress Update:
- First prototype should arrive in late March
- Added leaf spring plate, some extra self aligning spots
- Change in the shape of feets

More pictures and renders will be provided later on! Thanks for everyone's support

the best news for today! more reason to grab a Harbour for me  ;D
if there is brass leaf spring available, then you can have my heart and my wallet now

Offline mase310

The design looks sophisticated and artistic. I like it.  Oddly, I could not find info on what the case material is.  I probably missed it somewhere.  Is this aluminum or opaque polycarb?

Offline bert039

I didn't see it stated either but I'm sure it has to be aluminum

Offline kibou store

The design looks sophisticated and artistic. I like it.  Oddly, I could not find info on what the case material is.  I probably missed it somewhere.  Is this aluminum or opaque polycarb?

I didn't see it stated either but I'm sure it has to be aluminum

The case material is indeed going to be aluminium. Thanks for pointing this out, we've updated the post to mention the case material.  :thumb:

Offline sub0001

Love the design of the board, especially the side profile. Looking forward to seeing the first prototype soon!

Offline Pretzel

Re: [IC] Harbour —港口: A 65% gasket mounted board designed by Kibou
« Reply #96 on: Wed, 03 March 2021, 08:05:56 »
I really hope that it might release with an unlimited groupbuy. I love the design  :thumb:

Offline kibou store

« Reply #97 on: Wed, 03 March 2021, 11:16:02 »
I really hope that it might release with an unlimited groupbuy. I love the design  :thumb:

Hey, we currently do have a team in Hong Kong, and we are working with a vendor in China in help to increase the number of units that we will be able to process, hopefully everyone interested will be able to get their hands on one!

Offline Alvin12356lol

• zambumon
« Reply #98 on: Wed, 03 March 2021, 11:30:51 »
very nice sides!

Offline EdgeOfInfinity

« Reply #99 on: Wed, 03 March 2021, 14:22:13 »
i just keep coming back