Author Topic: (IC) ePBT FREYJA - VENDOR CHANGE  (Read 5124 times)

Offline boneandbee

(IC) ePBT FREYJA - VENDOR CHANGE
« on: Fri, 14 May 2021, 12:12:35 »

FREYJA AND THE VENDOR CHANGE UP:
After careful reflection, based on community feedback, I have decided to change the direction of the sets to be ePBT instead of IFK. The goal of creating these sets is to bring something to market that people want, and the vast majority of feedback I’ve received was to step away from the IFK profile due to quality issues. I have decided to go the route of ePBT, as they are actively working on updated molds to address past production issues. New orders are currently paused to ensure the positive outcome of this update, and I will ensure that the community is happy with the quality of their sets before adding Freyja to the queue.

Other changes due to this vendor update:
- Kitting will change - new interest form will be added to this IC shortly to gather feedback once basic kitting is established.

- Different rune sub legends will be added - will be entirely Elder Futhark and my own design rather than a predetermined template. I will also be adding feedback for the “Q” key to the interest check form.

- Full renders instead of prototype photos will be added to the IC

VENDORS:
USA: ThocKeys https://thockeys.com/

WHO IS IS THIS FREYJA LADY?
Freyja is one of the most iconic of the Norse gods. Her name means "Lady" in old Norse and she is the goddess of love, warfare, sex, fertility, death, beauty, magic, and seidr. As the ultimate cat lady, her chariot is pulled by two cats, Bygul and Trjegul, is accompanied by the boar Hildisvíni (the animal form of Ottar, her human protégé), and is the owner of both a cloak of falcon feathers which allows her to transmute and fly in the form of a falcon, and Brísingamen, a necklace wrought by the dwarves and said to possess the fire of mankind. Brísingamen is often represented by either an amber pendant or a torc shape.

GIVING BACK:
Freyja was a fierce fellow cat lady, accompanied by two house cats. I feel a real kinship with her for that, and for that reason, I have chosen to donate a portion of the proceeds from this set to the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA). More info on this prolific organization can be found here:
https://www.aspca.org/

COLOR INSPIRATION:
Crimson for the blood of her enemies, childbirth, and ritual sacrifice, for lust, passion, rage, and Freyja’s warrior side. Fleshy pink for her softer, love and sex goddess side. Gold for her tears and the metal and amber of Brísingamen.

[
*please note that the screen colors are very different from the Pantone swatches. I will be adding photographs of the actual swatches shortly.

Thank you all for your interest and your feedback!

KITS

DESK MATS

FEEDBACK FORM:
New form will be added soon

« Last Edit: Wed, 07 July 2021, 17:30:18 by boneandbee »

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
Re: (IC) IFK FREYJA
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 14 May 2021, 12:14:20 »
I don't like how expensive IFK  is but what can I do  . . i am only an idiot  :rolleyes:
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline boneandbee

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 14 May 2021, 12:36:26 »
I don't like how expensive IFK  is but what can I do  . . i am only an idiot  :rolleyes:
SAME. Key caps have all my monies :'(

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 14 May 2021, 12:46:51 »
I want to also reecho my comment from IFK ALLFATHER: Please consider adding a 1u R3 pipe key to the ISO kit so it can also support ISO-US.  ;D

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 14 May 2021, 12:59:34 »
why did you need two threads

Offline MIGHTY CHICKEN

• buck buck, cluck cluck, squawk squawk
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 14 May 2021, 13:40:08 »
yes

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 15 May 2021, 05:11:02 »
In which country is Freja spelled with a Y?

Which set of runes was used for this? Why is C also on K when C is pronounced more like a S sound? Why is there no rune for K? Are there more runes that got left out?
« Last Edit: Sat, 15 May 2021, 05:15:08 by Findecanor »

Offline seville57

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 15 May 2021, 05:42:17 »

Which set of runes was used for this? Why is C also on K when C is pronounced more like a S sound? Why is there no rune for K? Are there more runes that got left out?

Iceland sometimes.

Offline Ciantha

« Reply #8 on: Sat, 15 May 2021, 06:11:06 »

Not OP but:
C is an S sound before soft vowels (e, i, y) but a K sound before hard vowels and consonants.
Think century vs. cancer.
Trying to map a phonetic alphabet on to an alphabet where letters can have multiple sounds depending on the surrounding letters always requires compromises.

That said I'd say that the following letters have the wrong rune (as elder Futhark seems to be used for most runes):
F: the rune used is from younger Futhark instead of elder Futhark
Q:  is pronounced as a K but has the rune for a "ng" sound instead.
U: looks more like younger Futhark than elder, probably for aesthetic reasons
V: has been given the rune for younger Futhark U. Should have the same rune as W

Offline boneandbee

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 18 May 2021, 11:25:28 »

English almost always includes Y, although the spellings vary depending on sources. "Freya" is the most common spelling in English, inclusion of J is way less common.

I will be reworking the runes a bit to ensure Elder Futhark consistency. Some of the pronunciation/sounds may differ a little because the translations aren't exact.

Offline boneandbee

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 18 May 2021, 11:29:37 »

Not OP but:
C is an S sound before soft vowels (e, i, y) but a K sound before hard vowels and consonants.
Think century vs. cancer.
Trying to map a phonetic alphabet on to an alphabet where letters can have multiple sounds depending on the surrounding letters always requires compromises.

That said I'd say that the following letters have the wrong rune (as elder Futhark seems to be used for most runes):
F: the rune used is from younger Futhark instead of elder Futhark
Q:  is pronounced as a K but has the rune for a "ng" sound instead.
U: looks more like younger Futhark than elder, probably for aesthetic reasons
V: has been given the rune for younger Futhark U. Should have the same rune as W

I will be reworking the runes a bit to stay consistent with Elder Futhark. I think the original sublegends were created with aesthetic more in mind, hence the inclusion of some of the Younger style brought in to jazz it up a bit and also not have redundant runes. But I'm going to make some adjustments to them to keep it more traditional. My prototype just won't have the adjusted sub legends as it is currently being prototyped, so I will need to have renders done to show the changes.

Offline boneandbee

« Reply #11 on: Tue, 18 May 2021, 11:32:34 »
why did you need two threads
2 separate sets, separate colorways, separate themes, separate prototypes, separate production run dates require separate threads.

Offline boneandbee

Re: (IC) ePBT FREYJA - VENDOR CHANGE
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 07 July 2021, 17:32:30 »
Noted on Allfather as well, but just wanted to note it here too.