Author Topic: [IC] GMK La Dolce Vita - *New renders and kits* Classic Italian Lux  (Read 5439 times)

Offline Nylam

Introducing GMK La Dolce Vita
A set designed to evoke passion of Italian fashion

Inspiration

Hi GeekHack! This is my first set as I am new to keebs. As a fashion lover, I really like Italian fashion, I remember my first branded handbag given by my sister as Christmas gift was from one of the most influential Italian fashion house, so I wanna pay tribute to that Italian fashion design by creating this keycaps ‘La Dolce Vita’, hope you all like it.

The Colors

Echo the national colors of Italy, green for freedom and red for love, with a leather inspired color oyster white and pearl gold which create a classic feel to the set, this set can create the combination of luxury, chic and stylish with different board colors and designs.

Kits

Base

Accents

Spacebars

Renders

Fuji65.

U80.

Paragon.

D60 Lite.

Links
Hope you can give me your feedback and thoughts! I have started a new discord server. Please join if you are into fashion and all things cute!
IC Form
Discord

Thank you!

« Last Edit: Wed, 10 November 2021, 22:16:25 by Nylam »

Offline Nylam

Re: [IC] La Dolce Vita - Classic Italian Lux
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 01 November 2021, 14:20:12 »
Nov 4, 2021
New renders and kits
« Last Edit: Thu, 04 November 2021, 13:06:15 by Nylam »

Offline hali

• hali.studio
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 01 November 2021, 14:23:18 »
excuse me do u know how hhkb control works

Offline whirlwind

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 01 November 2021, 14:23:34 »
No

Offline herbologist

• beige enjoyer. send help.
Re: [IC] GMK La Dolce Vita - Classic Italian Lux
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 01 November 2021, 14:25:05 »
I'm not sure anyone asked for this.

Offline zuiKatsu

• ****in weeb
    • Twitch channel
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 01 November 2021, 14:29:01 »
Is it too hard to leave the left mods accents in the accent kit

Offline Cylent

• Formerly cylentshadows
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 01 November 2021, 14:30:45 »
The concept is ok but why are half the accents in the base kit and the other half in a child kit? The placement of the accents also doesn't make much sense to me, I think this IC should go back into the oven and continue baking, it's a bit too raw for me.

Offline Friendship

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 01 November 2021, 14:36:09 »
tough crowd so far! some feedback, your basekit photo appears to have lost resolution and is fuzzy for me. also having all the board renders at a 30 degree angle makes me have to keep tilting my head. the one angle stylized one in a see of normal orientated renders is fine but not every single one.

colors wise/thematically, ill be honest its not my cup of tea. The color accents are a bit harsh/jarring and feel isolated in their clusters not having a connection with the rest of the set. Also the case color choices IMO don't resonate with the keycap colors. glwic!
Collection: LZ GHv2, Esheu Fallacy, Moesode Bliss, Daji Ocho Cuatro, Ace Saturn60, Bolsa Midway60, MLI NUM1, MLI VISION, PW ROTR

Offline Nylam

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 01 November 2021, 14:45:01 »

excuse me do u know how hhkb control works

Fixed.  Sorry new at this keyboard rendering thing  :'(

The concept is ok but why are half the accents in the base kit and the other half in a child kit? The placement of the accents also doesn't make much sense to me, I think this IC should go back into the oven and continue baking, it's a bit too raw for me.

Thanks for the feedback.  I'll work on it more.  My reasoning was that the base should be able to stand on its own with the theme of the set. The accent kit was to give people options if they wanted the theme to be on the right side instead of left

Maybe my idea didn't connect. I wanted the base to be able to stand on its own with the theme of the set. The accent kit was to give people options if they wanted the theme to be on the right side instead of left

tough crowd so far! some feedback, your basekit photo appears to have lost resolution and is fuzzy for me. also having all the board renders at a 30 degree angle makes me have to keep tilting my head. the one angle stylized one in a see of normal orientated renders is fine but not every single one.

colors wise/thematically, ill be honest its not my cup of tea. The color accents are a bit harsh/jarring and feel isolated in their clusters not having a connection with the rest of the set. Also the case color choices IMO don't resonate with the keycap colors. glwic!

Thanks for being kind to a newbie!   I'll work on my renders!

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 01 November 2021, 14:46:30 »
Not big on the asymmetry in this one. You could theoretically just do a kit of JUST the Gucci stripe, and ignore a base kit. That might be more appealing to people, since then they would be able to use it with any set they wanted, and it's cheaper.

QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline ZavaZ86

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 01 November 2021, 14:48:47 »
I also like to evoke passion of Italian fashion through the worst bootleg manufactor in China

Offline Walkis

« Reply #11 on: Mon, 01 November 2021, 15:11:40 »
I really like the color choices and the theme, but I also agree with previous comments suggesting putting all of the accents in the accent kit.

Offline doggo1dance

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 01 November 2021, 20:23:58 »

if you are not interested nor going to contribute anything, i suggest refraining from commenting.

Offline vishydesigns

« Reply #13 on: Mon, 01 November 2021, 20:33:58 »
renders need work, the caps look off, its meh at best

Offline nFaiz

« Reply #14 on: Tue, 02 November 2021, 15:24:46 »
I also like to evoke passion of Italian fashion through the worst bootleg manufactor in China
cuz gmk is both bootleg and in china

Offline Nylam

« Reply #15 on: Mon, 08 November 2021, 11:49:05 »

Thanks for the suggestion.  I have made all accents into a separate kit

if you are not interested nor going to contribute anything, i suggest refraining from commenting.

Appreciate it!

Not big on the asymmetry in this one. You could theoretically just do a kit of JUST the Gucci stripe, and ignore a base kit. That might be more appealing to people, since then they would be able to use it with any set they wanted, and it's cheaper.

Thanks for the suggestion.  I have made all accents into a separate kit and if that's what people want instead of the base kit I can just offer that.

Thanks for the suggestions. Redid renders without the tilt and separated out the accents into a different kit

I really like the color choices and the theme, but I also agree with previous comments suggesting putting all of the accents in the accent kit.

Thanks for the support. accents are in different kit

My intention was that accents on one side was enough.  The accent kit was for people who wanted the accent to be on the right side instead. But I hear everyone's feedback and have made them all into one kit instead.  Thanks for the comments!

Offline mr_foggy

• land of the worst vendor(s)
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 08 November 2021, 12:46:04 »

10/10 agreed

Offline stevenT

Re: [IC] GMK La Dolce Vita - *New renders and kits* Classic Italian Lux
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 08 November 2021, 19:32:45 »
New base kit looks good :thumb:
« Last Edit: Sat, 20 November 2021, 22:39:31 by stevenT »