Author Topic: I miss my Microsoft Laser Mouse 6000 - Model 1055  (Read 3346 times)

Offline annelid

I miss my Microsoft Laser Mouse 6000 - Model 1055
« on: Thu, 27 November 2014, 08:00:14 »
Man , what a mouse that was.  Fit nicely in my hand. Had a button on either side of the mouse (which I mapped to go forward/backward in web browsers.) AND the best part of it was the scroll wheel. It had  detents so scrolling through a  webpage (or document) was a nice experience.

Here's a OLD review of it.  http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/ultimate-mouse-hunt-part,1174-4.html

My question is this - What sort of mouse would be a suitable replacement? My requirements - No wacky graphics (plain black is fine.) Again I'm not a gamer so a plethora of extra buttons would be useless. Wireless would be nice but wired I guess would be alright (or iight as some of you kids say. ;) )  And lastly ...detents (would be especially nice.)

Offline Enigma

Re: I miss my Microsoft Laser Mouse 6000 - Model 1055
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 27 November 2014, 09:48:08 »
Hey, I used to have one of those too!

I'm using a Razer Deathadder (I find their mice to be infinitely better than their keyboards) and I really like it. I find it extremely comfortable, it only has two extra buttons (both on the left) and the scroll wheel also is divided into increments.

It does have a little pulsing logo on the top though which kind of messes up your whacky graphics requirement :)

I'm 99% sure that you'll be able to find something with the same specs but cheaper, I'm just not sure what.

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 27 November 2014, 12:47:25 »
looks a bit like the Mionix Avior 7000 in its shape. you can turn off all the LEDs and stuff with the Mionix, so it looks pretty clean.
amazing hardware in it, too. so it would probably be a massive upgrade, especially in button click feel (for you at least, since you don't game).
sensor is one of the best there is, so if you do decide to game, you won't have to worry :p

Offline annelid

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 28 November 2014, 06:52:40 »
SUCCESS! Via ebay i was able to find one of the laser mice (model 1055.)  And the condition (and price) wasn't that bad either.

Thanks for the suggestions one and all.