Author Topic: [IC] 2-Tone SP PBT  (Read 5949 times)

Offline nickr

[IC] 2-Tone SP PBT
« on: Thu, 18 July 2013, 18:10:52 »
PHOTO ALBUMS:

Currently contains about 6.5% of all the layouts:

https://plus.google.com/photos/114094639856581800366/albums

The ZIP file still exists:

http://rapidshare.com/files/2646905542/SP_Pbt.zip

The color options are overwhelming but you might be surprised by several layouts that you never would have thought to put together.  Plus, it's fun to have them all at your fingertips.

SOME COLOR SAMPLES

« Last Edit: Thu, 25 July 2013, 16:50:58 by nickr »

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
Re: [IC] 2-Tone SP PBT
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 18 July 2013, 18:59:43 »
There is something seriously wrong with your second image.  And I think I speak for most people when I saw I will not download and open a random zip file.  You'd be better off making an album at a site like imgur, min.us, Flickr, or some other similar image hosting site.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 18 July 2013, 19:08:35 »
Nothing to see here, move along....

Offline Turkishrambo

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 18 July 2013, 19:11:38 »
112MB for a bunch of pictures? Hmmm

Offline ImperfectLink

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 18 July 2013, 19:13:48 »
Image looks like the solarize filter in photoshop.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 18 July 2013, 19:14:42 »
Or like someone cranked the contrast to 11.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 18 July 2013, 19:27:09 »
112MB for a bunch of pictures? Hmmm

I bet moose has big zip files of pictures. :P

Offline nickr

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 18 July 2013, 20:27:57 »
Wow, tough crowd.  The pbtBlue image shows the concentration of like colors, which is how I chose a color for the mock image and where the cluster occurred.

If you don't want to open the zip then don't.  I'm not gonna stick 12,110 images in a photo album though.  Ivan Ivanovich previewed this in advance.  You can PM him or he can weigh in if you're timid.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 18 July 2013, 20:42:36 »
Wow, tough crowd.  The pbtBlue image shows the concentration of like colors, which is how I chose a color for the mock image and where the cluster occurred.

If you don't want to open the zip then don't.  I'm not gonna stick 12,110 images in a photo album though.  Ivan Ivanovich previewed this in advance.  You can PM him or he can weigh in if you're timid.

Have you looked at the one pic you posted?

And you have to understand why people would be wary of a post by someone with almost no comments telling them to download a massive zip folder.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 18 July 2013, 20:45:27 »
That looks like someone sprinkled blue powder over the swatches.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline nickr

« Reply #10 on: Thu, 18 July 2013, 21:11:23 »

Not only did I look at it, I regret posting it now.  TMI, I suppose.

And you have to understand why people would be wary of a post by someone with almost no comments telling them to download a massive zip folder.

I understand.  I'm not upset.  But for those who are worried, now would be a great time to learn about virtual environments.  Pick up VMWare or VirtualBox and a Linux OS.  All free, extremely simple to set up and very useful.

Offline Turkishrambo

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 18 July 2013, 21:19:42 »

Not only did I look at it, I regret posting it now.  TMI, I suppose.

I understand.  I'm not upset.  But for those who are worried, now would be a great time to learn about virtual environments.  Pick up VMWare or VirtualBox and a Linux OS.  All free, extremely simple to set up and very useful.
Are you serious or being passive aggressive.

No.

If you are going to organize a group buy then i suggest u get clear images of what you are trying to provide.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 18 July 2013, 21:29:21 »
Let me go ahead and nail the coffin lid shut on this now:

1.  You have 15 posts.  I, nor anyone else, should give you a dime.

2. You have 15 posts and tell us to download a zip file to look at one image.  One horribly misfiltered image.  Are you trolling us all?

3. You have 15 posts, put up a large zip file and then tell us to instead of be wary, to learn virtual environments.

4.  I've harped about you having merely 15 posts and here's why: clearly you have no clue that what you're talking about. SP does not, even to this day after experimentation, sell full double-shot PBT sets.

Offline nickr

« Reply #13 on: Thu, 18 July 2013, 21:57:39 »

Serious.

If you are going to organize a group buy then i suggest u get clear images of what you are trying to provide.

I'm not organizing a group buy.

I understand the skepticism and there are no hard feelings on my end.

2. You have 15 posts and tell us to download a zip file to look at one image.  One horribly misfiltered image.  Are you trolling us all?

The "misfiltered" image is an explanation of how colors for the 60% keyboards were chosen.  The 60% keyboard layouts are in the zip file.

3. You have 15 posts, put up a large zip file and then tell us to instead of be wary, to learn virtual environments.

Non-aggressive, non-judgmental advice.  I love virtual environments and they've helped me out a lot where I was wary of things.

4.  I've harped about you having merely 15 posts and here's why: clearly you have no clue that what you're talking about. SP does not, even to this day after experimentation, sell full double-shot PBT sets.

Never mentioned full double-shot PBT sets, just SP PBT.  Here's the link: http://keycapsdirect.com/pbtcolors.php

Offline Xenderwind

« Reply #14 on: Thu, 18 July 2013, 22:02:32 »
Well....that escalated quickly
GON NS 87 62g clears, QFR 62g clears, Pure 65g blues, HHKB Pro II

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #15 on: Thu, 18 July 2013, 22:06:33 »
And 2-tone means what to you?

Offline Turkishrambo

« Reply #16 on: Thu, 18 July 2013, 22:08:09 »

Serious.

I'm not organizing a group buy.

I understand the skepticism and there are no hard feelings on my end.

The "misfiltered" image is an explanation of how colors for the 60% keyboards were chosen.  The 60% keyboard layouts are in the zip file.

Non-aggressive, non-judgmental advice.  I love virtual environments and they've helped me out a lot where I was wary of things.

Never mentioned full double-shot PBT sets, just SP PBT.  Here's the link: http://keycapsdirect.com/pbtcolors.php
wut @ bolded part. Im so confused.

If youre not organizing a GB, why are you doing an IC?

Offline gnubag

« Reply #17 on: Thu, 18 July 2013, 22:10:40 »
some mod please lock this thread.
I don't think this is going anywhere.

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #18 on: Thu, 18 July 2013, 22:12:51 »
Now now, that's bound to get someone upset.

But it might be a good idea to point out that if you've not got the facilities (in this case experienced assistance) to run a GB then an IC isn't really going to get you anywhere.  It is a rare day when an interest check generates not only enough interest but also someone willing to run it for the newb that came up with the idea.

As for that image being an "explanation"  pictures may be worth 1000 words... but that one doesn't include any that explain.
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline nickr

« Reply #19 on: Thu, 18 July 2013, 22:34:21 »
Now now, that's bound to get someone upset.

But it might be a good idea to point out that if you've not got the facilities (in this case experienced assistance) to run a GB then an IC isn't really going to get you anywhere.  It is a rare day when an interest check generates not only enough interest but also someone willing to run it for the newb that came up with the idea.

As for that image being an "explanation"  pictures may be worth 1000 words... but that one doesn't include any that explain.

That's a good point.  I did consult IvanIvanovich before creating this thread and he did try to warn me (over-exuberance on my part).

I will select a few photos from the zip file and post them tomorrow in order to help clear up what the the mock photos are.

wut @ bolded part. Im so confused.

I've stricken that from the original post in an effort to prevent people's attention from being directed away from the main point.  I'd be happy to explain it in a PM if you'd like or even in this thread once some of the confusion has been cleared.

And 2-tone means what to you?

2 colors

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #20 on: Thu, 18 July 2013, 22:36:35 »
2 colors

Oi... really?  lots of sets come in 2 colors.  Most in fact.  The legend and the skirt.  Do you find that you are intrinsically terse?
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #21 on: Thu, 18 July 2013, 22:54:44 »

Oi... really?  lots of sets come in 2 colors.  Most in fact.  The legend and the skirt.  Do you find that you are intrinsically terse?

I'm still trying to figure it out.  Legend and skirt and blank alphas and mods in two different colors are the logical meanings of two colors;  however, in this case, maybe OP is referring to mixing two colors in a mold?  If it's that, it's not going to happen,

Offline nickr

« Reply #22 on: Fri, 19 July 2013, 14:56:12 »
Added a few sample images to give everyone an idea.  I also removed the confusing color information section.

Offline muad

« Reply #23 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 00:05:30 »
Too bad there isnt more interest in this... I love that first colour scheme!

Offline nickr

« Reply #24 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 16:54:45 »
Too bad there isnt more interest in this... I love that first colour scheme!

That first scheme is one of my favorites.

I've created a few photo albums here https://plus.google.com/photos/114094639856581800366/albums and updated the original post.  Maybe that will spark some interest and give credibility to this.

Offline Infallible

« Reply #25 on: Fri, 26 July 2013, 04:00:58 »
Honestly the way you've been received here is pretty ridiculous, I don't know why everyone is freaking out at everything you say. The point of what you've done here is to be able to visualize as many colour combinations for keycaps as possible, correct? Hope you have better luck in the future with how your posts are taken, I enjoyed looking through.

Offline HongKongFui

• No, you couldn't
« Reply #26 on: Fri, 26 July 2013, 05:12:28 »
Honestly the way you've been received here is pretty ridiculous, I don't know why everyone is freaking out at everything you say.

Happy someone came along with this. Why not friendly explain what's wrong and help him out? Or is this community closed, no new entries accepted?

Offline Turkishrambo

« Reply #27 on: Fri, 26 July 2013, 08:26:45 »
Honestly the way you've been received here is pretty ridiculous, I don't know why everyone is freaking out at everything you say.

Happy someone came along with this. Why not friendly explain what's wrong and help him out? Or is this community closed, no new entries accepted?
The OP has been edited quite a bit. FYI

Offline thadood

« Reply #28 on: Fri, 26 July 2013, 11:37:43 »
So the dude fubar'd a few pictures!

I like some of these colors. I'd be interested in a full set for Ergodox.

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #29 on: Fri, 26 July 2013, 11:46:13 »

Offline nickr

« Reply #30 on: Sat, 27 July 2013, 12:23:57 »
The point of what you've done here is to be able to visualize as many colour combinations for keycaps as possible, correct?

That's exactly right.

To everyone who has commented recently, thanks for the support and taking the time to look through the images.  Things definitely got off on the wrong foot but I'm sure no one's feathers were ruffled so badly that they can't focus on the what's really important: keycaps!

I can upload more albums as time permits.  If there are any requests to put certain colors up first then check out http://keycapsdirect.com/pbtcolors.php and give me the color code.

Also, these images are for the community, so please don't hesitate to use them for any ideas you may have.  I can also bulk render sets in different layouts and in more (or less) than 2 colors.

Thanks again!