Author Topic: [GB] Southpaw Extended 65% - 100% Shipped - Cleaning up  (Read 304637 times)

Offline Pings

Re: [GB] Southpaw Extended 65% - Remanufacturing - 80% Complete
« Reply #400 on: Fri, 08 February 2019, 10:50:56 »
I know it's late but do you have any spots open?

Offline wellbeing44

• kebord good kebord fun yum yum
« Reply #401 on: Sun, 10 February 2019, 08:16:26 »
Any chance of a second round for this?

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #402 on: Wed, 13 February 2019, 10:48:53 »

Don't know, but current buyers still haven't been fulfilled yet and we have been waiting for 15+ months now.

Offline reconsiderit

• I'm actually not left handed www.switchplate.co
« Reply #403 on: Thu, 14 February 2019, 22:41:49 »

When I finish the current round and run something else I've had planned for a long while.
Southpaw 65 || Southpaw Full Size || Trinity XT TKL || TGR Jane V2 || TGR 910 RE || Duck Jetfire || Matrix Lab 1.2 OG || Jubi || Lunar || Lunar II || g80-1800 HEU

switchplate.co

Offline MC_kb

« Reply #404 on: Mon, 18 February 2019, 07:46:24 »
I got (and I guess most people in the EU have) an update from CandyKeys stating that everything is on the way to their office. They should be sending the packages this week or the next.

Edit: typo
« Last Edit: Tue, 19 February 2019, 03:18:29 by MC_kb »

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #405 on: Mon, 18 February 2019, 08:39:39 »
My plans have changed, looking to sell my spot. Address change with Candykeys

Southpaw 65% bent plate + PCB

pm to discuss

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #406 on: Thu, 21 February 2019, 02:09:58 »
quick update again. Alu cases are about 2 weeks out according to my factory rep. Translates to about a month to shipping from me to you.
Southpaw 65 || Southpaw Full Size || Trinity XT TKL || TGR Jane V2 || TGR 910 RE || Duck Jetfire || Matrix Lab 1.2 OG || Jubi || Lunar || Lunar II || g80-1800 HEU

switchplate.co

Offline Bubblegum

« Reply #407 on: Thu, 21 February 2019, 06:37:06 »
quick update again. Alu cases are about 2 weeks out according to my factory rep. Translates to about a month to shipping from me to you.

I also got the mail from CandyKeys about them soon receiving everything. How is that possible if the alu cases aren't done/shipped yet? Does the factory ship straight to the EU proxy or does it all go by you first? Just curious. I have faith in this and can't wait for the boards to reach everyone :)

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #408 on: Sun, 24 February 2019, 01:55:41 »

I also got the mail from CandyKeys about them soon receiving everything. How is that possible if the alu cases aren't done/shipped yet? Does the factory ship straight to the EU proxy or does it all go by you first? Just curious. I have faith in this and can't wait for the boards to reach everyone :)

They should be recieving the PCBs and the bent plates soon. Those are shipping straight from CN to them.

switchplate.co

Offline Bubblegum

« Reply #409 on: Sun, 24 February 2019, 08:48:21 »

They should be recieving the PCBs and the bent plates soon. Those are shipping straight from CN to them.

Thanks for the clarification! Excited for this :)

Offline lac29

« Reply #410 on: Thu, 07 March 2019, 08:28:02 »
I hope there will be an official update before the end of March. I just want this GB to end.

Offline tigerali

« Reply #411 on: Fri, 08 March 2019, 16:37:54 »
Yeah are there any updates?

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #412 on: Sat, 09 March 2019, 23:57:23 »
Yeah are there any updates?

So the anodizing factory lost the anodization samples that I left with my main factory earlier last year when I visited. I'll be shipping them new samples on Monday with DHL and am going to hope that they get things done in a timely manner.

With the amount of time and money lost in these manufacturing issues and delays I'm almost in the red. It's been over a year and I just want this to end. I'll be damn happy when the last one goes out the door and gets delivered, but till then, I'll still be working to get these delivered.

switchplate.co

Offline HowObvious

« Reply #413 on: Sun, 10 March 2019, 13:02:12 »

So the anodizing factory lost the anodization samples that I left with my main factory earlier last year when I visited. I'll be shipping them new samples on Monday with DHL and am going to hope that they get things done in a timely manner.

With the amount of time and money lost in these manufacturing issues and delays I'm almost in the red. It's been over a year and I just want this to end. I'll be damn happy when the last one goes out the door and gets delivered, but till then, I'll still be working to get these delivered.

How about the bent plates? Specifically Candykeys, did they pick them up?

Offline tigerali

« Reply #414 on: Wed, 13 March 2019, 23:38:06 »
What's your estimated timeline?

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #415 on: Thu, 21 March 2019, 03:27:06 »
@reconsiderit any updates from Candykeys? Its been a month since they said the bent cases and pcb were "arriving this week"

Offline HowObvious

« Reply #416 on: Thu, 21 March 2019, 05:39:33 »
I emailed them on the 18th after not receiving a reply here, they responded -

"Thanks for the mail,
I will be getting a update on the location of the pieces tomorrow, it really would be great if the things came now but the host of the GB yet again is proving to be unreliable."

I have no idea what is going on at this point. I just want an update.

Offline green_mmq

« Reply #417 on: Thu, 21 March 2019, 16:28:37 »
I think it would be reasonable to have a weekly update.

Offline tigerali

« Reply #418 on: Fri, 22 March 2019, 20:00:54 »
Agreed.  This has been nuts.

Offline grossvogel

« Reply #419 on: Sat, 23 March 2019, 05:05:43 »
Looking at the group buy numbers that you published on your website, it seems that roughly 30 per cent of CNC cases don't need to be anodized. Surely you can ship them to those who went for the raw aluminum option?

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #420 on: Sat, 23 March 2019, 05:44:32 »
I'll be posting an update on the website soon with everything. I'll try to answer questions here first

Candykeys Shipping
I've forwarded the labels which were generated by Candykeys to KP, the original manufacturer of the GB items a long while back. Even with many attempts at explaining what to do, they've not been able to simply call DHL and have the package containing the PCBs picked up. I called DHL last week and scheduled pickup myself but the packages still have not been picked up. KP claims that DHL never came. The tracking shows no update so I'll give a go at contacting DHL CN again to see if an attempt to pick up was ever made.

Raw Cases
I'll do what is suggested and arrange what I can with my factory on those.
Regarding the anodized ones, I've sent the color samples to China and they should arrive in the coming week.

switchplate.co

Offline edj628

« Reply #421 on: Mon, 25 March 2019, 22:02:34 »
 :eek:

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #422 on: Tue, 26 March 2019, 03:27:31 »
This has been quite the journey x_x

Offline Nigolski

« Reply #423 on: Tue, 26 March 2019, 07:42:00 »
  :-\

Offline ktrezzi

« Reply #424 on: Tue, 26 March 2019, 15:32:59 »
Lol - this is my first group buy ever, what a classic! You see all the memes on /r/mechanicalkeyboards and I'm sitting here whaiting for a keyboard for over a year  :-X

Offline duck pauper

« Reply #425 on: Sat, 30 March 2019, 23:29:42 »
Can I switch my order to an unannodized case? You can keep the extra money I paid for annodization. At this point I just want the keyboard sooner rather than later.

Offline Bubblegum

« Reply #426 on: Mon, 08 April 2019, 07:26:15 »
Any status update on the alu cases progress?

Offline green_mmq

« Reply #427 on: Tue, 09 April 2019, 22:12:10 »
Can I switch my order to an unannodized case? You can keep the extra money I paid for annodization. At this point I just want the keyboard sooner rather than later.

What color anodization I have a raw order and may be willing to switch depending which color you had?

Offline tigerali

« Reply #428 on: Fri, 12 April 2019, 21:15:50 »
Any status update on the alu cases progress?

This, this, 1000x this.

Offline Snakeboat

« Reply #429 on: Sun, 14 April 2019, 05:30:15 »
Please let me know if there are any spare orders or if anyone here is giving up their place.

Offline lac29

« Reply #430 on: Sun, 14 April 2019, 06:41:20 »
I think I might just give up on my spot now. PM me and we can make arrangements.

Offline duck pauper

« Reply #431 on: Thu, 18 April 2019, 00:26:25 »
Any possibility of getting regularly scheduled updates? People are pretty forgiving if communication is provided.

Offline Bubblegum

« Reply #432 on: Thu, 18 April 2019, 01:40:27 »
Any possibility of getting regularly scheduled updates? People are pretty forgiving if communication is provided.

I would also prefer regular updates, even saying there's no news, over radio silence.

Offline tentboy

« Reply #433 on: Thu, 18 April 2019, 10:32:06 »
Just purchased a spot in this group buy.  I know its been a long road but heres hoping its not too much longer, in love with the layout.

Offline tigerali

« Reply #434 on: Sun, 21 April 2019, 01:31:55 »
Yes, the complete lack of updates is very disconcerting. We've blown by another set of estimated deadlines and I think all of us really want to know what's going on.

Offline HowObvious

« Reply #435 on: Sun, 21 April 2019, 13:55:00 »
Update on switchplate.co from today

Southpaw 65+

Anodization samples didn't seem to have made it to China. This is just further delaying things so will be matching the items I have on hand to pantone codes then sending them over tomorrow. Will update once anodization starts.

Doesnt have any information for the rest of us......

Offline briannnn

« Reply #436 on: Sun, 21 April 2019, 16:08:26 »
Super disappointing that the updates are now making reverse progress for both 65 and fullsize.  Last updates for both negate the previous updates.  Trying to stay positive but after 18 months I'm feeling that subtle tickle of regret. 

Offline tigerali

« Reply #437 on: Sun, 21 April 2019, 22:51:21 »
It's really gotten absurd.

Offline frankh

« Reply #438 on: Mon, 22 April 2019, 10:51:31 »
newb here, what keycap set is used on the preview images? thx

Offline Nigolski

« Reply #439 on: Mon, 22 April 2019, 13:49:23 »
newb here, what keycap set is used on the preview images? thx

gmk yuri

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #440 on: Mon, 22 April 2019, 14:27:29 »
Has NA received their redone bent plates? Or its only EU that is waiting?

Offline frankh

Offline LovelyUncle

• Vanmech
« Reply #442 on: Tue, 23 April 2019, 02:37:02 »
Has NA received their redone bent plates? Or its only EU that is waiting?

NA received bent plates in November/December.

Offline blue sky

« Reply #443 on: Tue, 23 April 2019, 15:09:51 »
I have received this from candykeys (27 march 2019) and no news since... Seems to have very long bavarian holiday times :

Hello blue, your order has been received and is now being processed by us.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us by responding to this e-mail, we will reply shortly.
Shipping Time Orders only take 1 – 3 days to be shipped depending on the day and post pick-up or opening times. Please be aware of Bavarian Holiday times. We do ship on Saturdays if required.
Pre-Orders If your product is a pre-order or a custom order, you will be updated via a E-Mail Newsletter.
« Last Edit: Tue, 23 April 2019, 15:21:36 by blue sky »

Offline HowObvious

« Reply #444 on: Fri, 26 April 2019, 13:24:13 »
Emailed Candykeys again today (emailed them once a week for the past month since they began "Processing" my order").

So update is, we are waiting on straight wires of the stabs to come, we have tested the baord it does not work with the retro Cherry Official stabs so we just need to get those in. I do apologise. We have the GMK wires but apparently that is not so easy to simply “change”

Dont think I'll be using Candykeys again in the future, nothing but problems with changing my delivery address (every time I email back to check the change it hasn't, 3 times now) and now they arent even keeping us updated without having to email them.

Offline Bubblegum

« Reply #445 on: Sat, 27 April 2019, 04:25:22 »
Emailed Candykeys again today (emailed them once a week for the past month since they began "Processing" my order").

So update is, we are waiting on straight wires of the stabs to come, we have tested the baord it does not work with the retro Cherry Official stabs so we just need to get those in. I do apologise. We have the GMK wires but apparently that is not so easy to simply “change”

Dont think I'll be using Candykeys again in the future, nothing but problems with changing my delivery address (every time I email back to check the change it hasn't, 3 times now) and now they arent even keeping us updated without having to email them.

Only had good experiences with CandyKeys. Once an item was missing in my order it was promptly sent out and fixed. Also really fast replies to email, sometimes even during weekends. No idea what is going on with this GB, but it seems no one does. Would recommend CandyKeys outside of this GB at least.

Back to topic. From the switchplate.co project updates it looks like aluminium CNC cases have been awaiting anodization since at least early december. String of bad luck I guess, but this is getting as frustrating as the Kira TKL GB. This is the first custom keyboard GB I joined and the one that will probably get fulfilled after the others. Don't want to be negative, but it isn't easy.

Offline green_mmq

« Reply #446 on: Sun, 28 April 2019, 22:49:42 »
String of bad luck I guess, but this is getting as frustrating as the Kira TKL GB.

A string of bad luck is one way to put it. But I think most of us are probably pretty understanding about manufacturing issues, especially when working on small boutique orders with subcontractors overseas. I'm sure there is nothing easy about coordinating all these products with the manufacturers, especially from some of the issues that have been layed out in previous posts. **** happens, things get delayed, c'est la vie. I feel like delays are pretty easily overlooked if there is effective communication about what is going on.

The real issue is reconsiderit has recently been failing to communicate what is happening in this process. His last post was 36 days ago. We' ve all put money into this and deserve to know what is going on. Checking in weekly (or at least monthly) with an update, even if there has been "no change", should be expected when a product has been delayed this long. As investors, we need to hold him accountable. I suggest everyone grab a pitchfork and we riot.

—E —E —E —E —E

Offline bearwolfz

« Reply #447 on: Mon, 29 April 2019, 02:10:45 »
Good to hear it's not only me that's still waiting for the bent plate in EU after the "soon" email.

I know a lot of people have positive experiences from Candykeys, but the only other thing i ordered from them, a coil of solder and the knock off Carbon ISO keyset still hasn't showed up. Ordered May 2018. A keyset that was "in stock", then maybe wasn't? Then the solder wasn't available i guess? Then something about the delivery failed, which is improbable since i order to my work adress at a huge public service company that has it's own mail sorting room and staff.  :rolleyes:

Now i've just given up hope of anything from Candykeys ever arriving  :))

But maybe i'll see the bent plate some day!

Offline Krazzios

« Reply #448 on: Fri, 03 May 2019, 12:41:11 »
There's a new update on switchplate:

Had a long talk with the factory over these two projects and it seems that the reason they're not being done at an adequate pace is that they've pushed other things ahead of it due to order volume. This factory is a larger one and also handles orders that are many times larger than what we are doing. It's understandable that they prioritize those orders but I have cleared the issue up with them and will try to get things made as soon as possible. I am still discussing with the rep to see when the boards will be completed so I can give everyone a concrete ETA.

Southpaw Fullsize is being hand finished right now. They've found some issues I've pointed out during my visit and are remaking some parts such as the tops due to inconsistencies in the chamfers. The remaining units that do not have this issue are being serialized and hand finished in order to achieve the 'seamless' look. I will see what the situation on the remade tops are and decide on how anodizing will progress once I know.

Pantone colors for Southpaw 65 have been sent to the manufacturer. They should be starting shortly. I'll request pictures as they finish up.

https://switchplate.co/blogs/news/early-may-group-buy-updates

It's not much, but at least it's something.

Offline Snakeboat

« Reply #449 on: Mon, 06 May 2019, 16:57:28 »
Still interested in purchasing someone's place on this group buy. Message me if you're interested!