Author Topic: [IC] Milkyway Demon Girl - GB starts October 4, 2021!  (Read 61387 times)

Offline littletokyokeebs

[IC] Milkyway Demon Girl - GB starts October 4, 2021!
« on: Sun, 21 March 2021, 19:30:27 »

-Welcome to the Interest Check for Milkyway Demon Girl-

An anime themed set inspired by a demon girl who fights for the survival of humankind.

-GB Dates: 10.04.21 to 11.05.21-
-3 to 4 months estimated lead time(shipping from Milkyway)-

-Vendors-

NA:| Bolsa Supply |
CA:| Kanatakeys |
China:| Milkyway Keys |
SEA:| Zion Studios |
UK:| Prototypist |
EU:| MyKeyboard |
AUS:| Daily Clack |

-Pricing-

North America
$90 USD - Demon Core (Base)
$28 USD - Demonic Transformation (Novelties)
$20 USD - Size Manipulation (Expansion)
$38 USD - Asanoha Metal Artisan
$20 USD - Deskmat (Pink or White)

Click MORE to see international pricing

More

_____________________________________________________________________________________

-Kits-

This base kit has compatibility for
full-size, TKL, 75%, 65%, 60% and 40% boards along with
support for F13 boards and Alice layouts.

Novelties kit features adorably ferocious designs
made by Little Tokyo Keebs.

Expansion kit adds support for additional layouts,
and includes a set of bamboo green accent keys.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

-Artisan-

Asanoha Metal Artisan by Bolsa Supply

-Deskmats-

Thank you for all those that voted for your favorite during the IC!
Presenting the winning two color options that will be available during GB.

-Renders-

***Renders are NOT a 100% accurate representation of the final product.***

M60-A Dusk by RAMA WORKS - Render by MrBingo#5000 - Outdoor lighting

More

Midway60 LE Obsidian by Bolsa Supply - Render by MrBingo#5000 - Indoor lighting

Frog TKL E-White by GEONWORKS - Render by MrBingo#5000 - Studio lighting

-Collaborations-

Demon Girl Themed Cable by Alpaca Cables

***Images shown are prototypes. Different customization options will be available during GB.***
Visit https://www.alpacacables.com/ for more details.

Wooly Demon Girl Artisan by DELLA KEY

Join DELLA KEY’s Discord server for more details: https://discord.gg/7vkMscUFVj

-Discord Updates-

Follow updates here:
Milkyway Keys: https://discord.gg/ecxzfnue5P
and Bolsa Supply: https://discord.gg/NZJar2WjCA

« Last Edit: Sat, 18 December 2021, 16:58:15 by littletokyokeebs »

Offline Pontus

Re: [IC] GMK/PBT Demon Girl
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 21 March 2021, 19:31:22 »
Uh

Offline hali

• hali.studio
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 21 March 2021, 19:35:20 »
nichirin? am i early?

Offline dimo

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 21 March 2021, 19:37:23 »
i likeet
« Last Edit: Sun, 21 March 2021, 19:41:12 by dimo »

Offline Baka Bot

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 21 March 2021, 19:37:31 »
uhhh, I very confused at this point in time

Offline MIGHTY CHICKEN

• buck buck, cluck cluck, squawk squawk
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 21 March 2021, 19:40:50 »
Novelties almost for sure need redesigning, polish up your ic and renders. Looks pretty rushed, no need to credit KRK, but it should not be used to rush a set into IC like with the old dakota felder. Also do keep in mind IP issues for GMK.

Offline P103

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 21 March 2021, 19:45:34 »
Please also make the pictures available on the post itself without have to click through multiple links.

Offline dimo

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 21 March 2021, 19:46:59 »
i feel like the green should be less minty as per nezuko

Offline littletokyokeebs

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 21 March 2021, 19:48:11 »
Sorry everyone. Posted this prematurely, and will reopen once it's ready!

Offline littletokyokeebs

Re: [IC] GMK Demon Girl
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 15 July 2021, 09:17:38 »
Hello everyone,

It’s been a few months, and I’m happy to provide an update to this IC. The original post has been revised with all new information and visual assets. Please consider taking a look, and let me know your thoughts :)

Offline Demagine

« Reply #10 on: Thu, 15 July 2021, 09:27:41 »
It's a good sign when you look at the post and comments and realized that the comments are old and unrelatable now - great job with polishing up the work OP, set looks great!

Offline Cylent

• Formerly cylentshadows
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 15 July 2021, 09:38:07 »
Much improved but I still have a couple of concerns:
-there is no white spacebar in your kitting, but you have a render with what appears to be a white spacebar
-The mouthpiece enter makes me a little worried about IP, but if vendors and manu have no issue with it then great! I'm glad that the novelties kitting looks sweet now, almost as sweet as Nezuko!

Offline rikercd

« Reply #12 on: Thu, 15 July 2021, 10:00:24 »
Maybe I'm the only one, but I would really love to see the mint/green incorporated more into the set. Green arrows and/or a green escape/enter option might work really well with this (I'd probably use them).

Looks awesome. I am generally not a fan of browns but this really works well. I will definitely be picking this up if it comes to fruition.

Offline ManoliVisuals

« Reply #13 on: Thu, 15 July 2021, 11:00:42 »
Set looks great but I’m curious/concerned on how much this will run for since you’re using 5 colors, 4 of which are going to need color matching

Offline hayasaka

• No.
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 15 July 2021, 11:05:52 »
wack.

Offline hali

• hali.studio
« Reply #15 on: Thu, 15 July 2021, 11:11:36 »
woohoo

Offline doggo1dance

« Reply #16 on: Thu, 15 July 2021, 11:34:56 »
tons of improvements! though you may need to take note of the ip issues.

Offline Senpai_deezy

« Reply #17 on: Thu, 15 July 2021, 11:42:23 »
not a big fan, hopefully you can touch up renders and everything else, glwic

Offline littletokyokeebs

« Reply #18 on: Thu, 15 July 2021, 12:26:50 »
-there is no white spacebar in your kitting, but you have a render with what appears to be a white spacebar
-The mouthpiece enter makes me a little worried about IP, but if vendors and manu have no issue with it then great! I'm glad that the novelties kitting looks sweet now, almost as sweet as Nezuko!

This has been updated now :)

Offline ctrl+shift+n

« Reply #19 on: Thu, 15 July 2021, 12:59:01 »
Nice IC has been really cleaned up.

Offline Cylent

• Formerly cylentshadows
« Reply #20 on: Thu, 15 July 2021, 14:23:22 »

This has been updated now :)

Sweet! The effort you put in to fix this IC really shows, GLWIC :thumb:

Offline Keeblet_257

« Reply #21 on: Thu, 15 July 2021, 15:15:55 »
maybe rename it to GMK Nezuko  ;D
Really looks like she inspired this set I mean the colours and novelties would really fit it.

Offline JohnYYZ

• KanataKeys.co
« Reply #22 on: Thu, 15 July 2021, 15:26:00 »
Has been watching this set for a while and I am glad it made its way to IC!

For the cover picture, what is the logo at the bottom right corner?

Offline littletokyokeebs

« Reply #23 on: Thu, 15 July 2021, 15:30:19 »
Has been watching this set for a while and I am glad it made its way to IC!

For the cover picture, what is the logo at the bottom right corner?

That's my designer label - Little Tokyo Keebs. This is the first set (of hopefully many to come), so I wanted to establish a new brand for myself.

Offline Cylent

• Formerly cylentshadows
« Reply #24 on: Thu, 15 July 2021, 15:46:31 »
maybe rename it to GMK Nezuko  ;D
Really looks like she inspired this set I mean the colours and novelties would really fit it.

Really, really bad idea for IP

Offline Kinesiologist

« Reply #25 on: Thu, 15 July 2021, 17:39:47 »
naise

Offline Coneree

« Reply #26 on: Thu, 15 July 2021, 17:51:49 »
naisu
Current Rotation:
Space65 v2 | Maja Ergo | SC Alice | NK65 Purple | ID80 | Massdrop Alt HP

Offline SodiePops

« Reply #27 on: Thu, 15 July 2021, 19:50:40 »
Love this!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Offline sub0001

« Reply #28 on: Thu, 15 July 2021, 23:31:41 »
Looks great!! The Bamboo Green color you chose is gorgeous and I would love to see it incorporated more into the set beyond spacebars. GLWIC!

Offline genevatypes

« Reply #29 on: Thu, 15 July 2021, 23:39:51 »
Love the inspiration for this set. Looking forward to this.

Offline shawnlin

« Reply #30 on: Thu, 15 July 2021, 23:46:33 »
Yes! Finally updated!

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #31 on: Fri, 16 July 2021, 00:01:39 »
 which vtuber is this

Offline nettik

« Reply #32 on: Fri, 16 July 2021, 00:47:26 »
Wow great job on the updated IC! I really like the novelties, very nice. I will say people won't like those tiny spacebars in the basekit given how many people cry about removing numpad. Any chance for a 40s kit?

Offline namidettje

« Reply #33 on: Fri, 16 July 2021, 04:31:38 »
I see pink, i like.

Out of curiosity, the expected delivery for this set what's going to be? 2024? 2025?

GLWIC

Offline Bub

• big bub's beepers
« Reply #34 on: Fri, 16 July 2021, 09:36:28 »
definitely skirting the IP line here... GL running this set.

Offline jabe8i

« Reply #35 on: Fri, 16 July 2021, 10:29:22 »
Not to my taste can't really put my finger on what exactly I don't like, but I'll just be here waiting for the "aNoTHer wEEb sEt" comments lol
 GLWIC

How so? looks pretty safe to me... the one that might be a problem would be the muzzle thing she wears in the novelty kit, and even that would be a stretch as a copyright issue.
« Last Edit: Fri, 16 July 2021, 10:32:33 by jabe8i »

Offline jabe8i

« Reply #36 on: Fri, 16 July 2021, 10:30:20 »
I see pink, i like.

Out of curiosity, the expected delivery for this set what's going to be? 2024? 2025?

GLWIC

Whens the next election? probably a few years after that

Offline Jennisaurus

« Reply #37 on: Fri, 16 July 2021, 10:40:46 »
Nezuko chaaann~
I love the colours in the set and I love the deskmats! :D I think the green for the spacebar is really clever. Perhaps you could include a bamboo pattern on some of the spacebars as a novelty design? Just an idea, but I think just having the green is enough to get the point across as well!

Offline Bub

• big bub's beepers
« Reply #38 on: Fri, 16 July 2021, 10:43:29 »
How so? looks pretty safe to me... the one that might be would be the muzzle thing she wears in the novelty, and even that would be a stretch as a copyright issue.

This set is taking literally the most popular anime right now and using a character of the show as a driver for the theme. Don't you feel like Demon Slayer creators deserve a say in this? Especially considering they are continuing to develop Demon Slayer as a brand? This isn't referring to a 30 year old, low-key anime. It is an active brand.

Now, I can't comment if GMK will be comfortable running this or not. I do think the chances of a GMK Darling R2 are next to none for similar reasons, but this is speculation on my part. GMK has taken a pretty firm stance that they have the right to put their foot down, but not exactly when that right will be exercised. On the flip side, that hako set went through, I think?

Maybe the solution is as simple as dropping the Novs, IDK! And FWIW my "GL running this set" was not intended to be sarcastic. I do think the set was decently made. I merely want to address that it is in a grey area in terms of IP right now, and I don't see anyone else talking about this. I want to make sure the designer is aware because it seems like their first set.

« Last Edit: Fri, 16 July 2021, 10:46:24 by Bub »

Offline jabe8i

« Reply #39 on: Fri, 16 July 2021, 11:03:23 »
This set is taking literally the most popular anime right now and using a character of the show as a driver for the theme. Don't you feel like Demon Slayer creators deserve a say in this? Especially considering they are continuing to develop Demon Slayer as a brand? This isn't referring to a 30 year old, low-key anime. It is an active brand.

Now, I can't comment if GMK will be comfortable running this or not. I do think the chances of a GMK Darling R2 are next to none for similar reasons, but this is speculation on my part. GMK has taken a pretty firm stance that they have the right to put their foot down, but not exactly when that right will be exercised. On the flip side, that hako set went through, I think?

Maybe the solution is as simple as dropping the Novs, IDK! And FWIW my "GL running this set" was not intended to be sarcastic. I do think the set was decently made. I merely want to address that it is in a grey area in terms of IP right now, and I don't see anyone else talking about this. I want to make sure the designer is aware because it seems like their first set.

I guess we'll just have to see. Haku went into gb but idk if they even got moq. I still think that it's relatively safe to use the novelty designs since there's really nothing there that is a straight rip or a trace from the show/manga.

Also, I asked out of genuine curiosity(didn't even consider the fact that it might he sarcastic), as I heard that GMK as set a few parameters with ip stuff, and I still don't exactly know what they are lol. Like why wouldn't darling have a rerun? and doesn't the element keyset series have novelties that are far more on the nose compared this one?
« Last Edit: Fri, 16 July 2021, 11:07:15 by jabe8i »

Offline Bub

• big bub's beepers
« Reply #40 on: Fri, 16 July 2021, 11:39:40 »

I guess we'll just have to see. Haku went into gb but idk if they even got moq. I still think that it's relatively safe to use the novelty designs since there's really nothing there that is a straight rip or a trace from the show/manga.

Also, I asked out of genuine curiosity(didn't even consider the fact that it might he sarcastic), as I heard that GMK as set a few parameters with ip stuff, and I still don't exactly know what they are lol. Like why wouldn't darling have a rerun? and doesn't the element keyset series have novelties that are far more on the nose compared this one?

No worries, bro! So here's about as much information as anyone has: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=111058.0

It is a really nebulous topic, and GMK hasn't provided hard guidelines on what is acceptable and what is not. I'm not really sure that they can because its a more complex business decision. GMK is a really great manufacturer with a top tier keycap, and I respect them for wanting to reserve the right to protect that how they find necessary.

Whether or not other manufacturers follow in GMK's footsteps here, I am not sure!

Offline kion

« Reply #41 on: Fri, 16 July 2021, 14:36:09 »
This looks nice and I am definitely interested.

Already submitted IC but want to have a little discussion if possible (in case it's of interest to others), on the points below:

1. The pink on black combo is really nice, instant buy for me if there is a dark themed all (pink on) black kit

2. Would love more contrast in the white on pink caps, considering how light the pink is, maybe black on pink (same black and pink as the pink on black caps) will look nice?

Offline kimchijody

« Reply #42 on: Fri, 16 July 2021, 15:55:22 »

No worries, bro! So here's about as much information as anyone has: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=111058.0

It is a really nebulous topic, and GMK hasn't provided hard guidelines on what is acceptable and what is not. I'm not really sure that they can because its a more complex business decision. GMK is a really great manufacturer with a top tier keycap, and I respect them for wanting to reserve the right to protect that how they find necessary.

Whether or not other manufacturers follow in GMK's footsteps here, I am not sure!

I see no problem with submitting a quote to GMK and getting a quote. Worst they can do is say no and the designer looks into other manus.
Other than that. This looks good!

Offline CookieFlow

« Reply #43 on: Fri, 16 July 2021, 18:27:54 »
Not too sure how to feel about this.

I like the idea of the green but since it's only available in a spacebars kit it doesn't make too much sense and will possibly increase the cost for all kits.
They just feel out of place imo.

I understand the brown considering the inspiration, but I am not sure how well it would turn out irl. Maybe black or a more redish brown would be more appropriate.

Novelties are also a bit meh for my taste

And I just feel this might be better to run on PBT considering the current GMK queue and may offer more flexibility considering the novelties.

Offline Xanira

« Reply #44 on: Sat, 17 July 2021, 08:20:42 »
I feel like colors could be rearranged, white legends on a very light pink doesn't make much sense to me, I also feel like green accents would make more sense than red ones considering the inspiration, but I do think that the red accents look better

Offline Zlane

« Reply #45 on: Mon, 19 July 2021, 13:29:49 »
Gmk I don't want to get a DMCA takedown notice

Offline EdgeOfInfinity

« Reply #46 on: Fri, 23 July 2021, 00:17:31 »
don't usually love the weeb, but the colors here work well!

Offline littletokyokeebs

« Reply #47 on: Fri, 13 August 2021, 12:46:21 »
Hello everyone,

I would like to provide a minor update to the interest check for Demon Girl. I was pleasantly surprised to see the reception of the set, and I'm working on addressing feedback ASAP. That being said, below are a few things that are being looked into, and will provide a major update once things get completed.

1.) Different manufacturers - as many mentioned, the GMK timeline is really long, so I'm seeing what other options are available.
2.) Artisan cap manufacturers - this was always planned, but reaching out to different manu's for quotes and timelines. Render will be provided in the major update.
3.) Desk mat manufacturers - manu will be announced during the forthcoming major update.
4.) International vendors - will be announced during the forthcoming major update.

Unfortunately, I couldn't get the set out before cloners started to produce it (https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20210813094024&SearchText=demongirl+keycaps) but hoping to get this to Group Buy and produced in a timely manner. Thanks again for following Demon Girl, and hope to provide confirmed major updates in the coming weeks.

Offline damsenviet

« Reply #48 on: Wed, 18 August 2021, 22:05:37 »
might i suggest cannonkeys nicepbt maybe?
definitely gonna need to run early samples since they just released though if u want to take this path

Offline switchlab.sg

« Reply #49 on: Wed, 18 August 2021, 22:25:37 »
The novelties are really nice!