Author Topic: Show me your prized musical instrument  (Read 3999 times)

Offline whiskerBox

Show me your prized musical instrument
« on: Thu, 29 September 2011, 23:06:30 »
One of the other things I enjoy is guitar and I figured alot of other people on here probably play some kind of instrument too.

So this is my favorite:

Its a total frankenStrat that I made out of other strats I had around the house.

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 27587[/ATTACH]
"I'm on a mission to bring down GH's anarchy of moderators" -RIPSTER jr.

Offline EverythingIBM

« Reply #1 on: Fri, 30 September 2011, 00:51:18 »
Keyboards: '86 M, M5-2, M13, SSK, F AT, F XT

Offline Playtrumpet

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 30 September 2011, 12:04:04 »
I'll get around to taking pictures of my trumpets next week. Will be away for the weekend.. Away from my babies. =(
Dvorak

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 30 September 2011, 12:08:00 »
Well played, sir.

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 30 September 2011, 12:09:47 »
Some women have prized my meat whistle.  Does that count?

Offline hcry4

• HHKB Hoarder
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 30 September 2011, 12:14:02 »
Does it play an awesome tune?

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 30 September 2011, 12:16:44 »
It sounds a lot like this:

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 27614[/ATTACH]

The way she's holding it seems to be proper form as well.

Offline whiskerBox

« Reply #7 on: Fri, 30 September 2011, 13:38:58 »
Quote from: ripster;424080
I'd show my best guitars but then some lurker would track down my address, kill me, my family and the dog, and steal the guitars.

Here's one of my cases.
(Attachment Link) 27613[/ATTACH]

I don't mind posting keyboard pics.  Those are relatively CHEAP!  And nobody is going to rob my house for those.

Ive had someone break into my house and steal guitars before it sucks to say the least. They got a 72 Les Paul and a Strat, but those were just the cheap ones =).

Offline Playtrumpet

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 10 November 2011, 10:34:27 »
Late in posting this; forgot about it. Here are my babies.

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 31476[/ATTACH]
Dvorak

Offline Gerk

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 10 November 2011, 13:18:46 »
Quote from: ripster;424080
I'd show my best guitars but then some lurker would track down my address, kill me, my family and the dog, and steal the guitars.

Here's one of my cases.
(Attachment Link) 27613[/ATTACH]

I don't mind posting keyboard pics.  Those are relatively CHEAP!  And nobody is going to rob my house for those.

I know how that feels.  I'm ultra cautious about who I let into the basement of our house for similar reasons.

Love the frankenstrat though, I have to say.
Rosewill RK-9000RE (reds) | Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (browns) | Leopold TKL (browns) | F21-7D "Mechanical Keyboard" (Blue Alps) | Filco Majestouch TKL (blues) | Goldtouch V2 x 2 | Matias Ergo Pro x 2 | Kinesis Freestyle Pro (browns) | Kinesis Freestyle Edge (reds)

Offline Gerk

« Reply #10 on: Thu, 10 November 2011, 13:41:04 »
Here's an early eighties (estimated '82) Tokai "Breezy Sound" butterscotch Telecaster.

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 31495[/ATTACH]
Rosewill RK-9000RE (reds) | Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (browns) | Leopold TKL (browns) | F21-7D "Mechanical Keyboard" (Blue Alps) | Filco Majestouch TKL (blues) | Goldtouch V2 x 2 | Matias Ergo Pro x 2 | Kinesis Freestyle Pro (browns) | Kinesis Freestyle Edge (reds)

Offline whiskerBox

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 10 November 2011, 19:54:47 »
Quote from: Gerk;449385
Here's an early eighties (estimated '82) Tokai "Breezy Sound" butterscotch Telecaster.

Nice guitar!, I had a Tokai tele awhile back and I loved it. If I remember correctly didn't Tokai have all the tools from the original Fender factory, until the Tokai factory burnt down.

Offline whiskerBox

« Reply #12 on: Thu, 10 November 2011, 19:59:10 »
Quote from: EverythingIBM;423871
Show Image

Sweet synth man where did you find that? or have you always had it?

Quote from: Playtrumpet;449259

(Attachment Link) 31476[/ATTACH]

Tell us about your trumpets, you will have to forgive my ignorance on the subject.
« Last Edit: Thu, 10 November 2011, 20:02:26 by whiskerBox »

Offline Playtrumpet

« Reply #13 on: Thu, 10 November 2011, 21:29:08 »
Quote from: whiskerBox;449670
Tell us about your trumpets, you will have to forgive my ignorance on the subject.

The top is my Bb Yamaha Xeno YTR-8345 (Xeno is an excellent series of trumpets made by Yamaha). I got this one on sale many years ago and it has served me very well. Bottom is my C Bach Stradivarius (can't recall lead pipe size right now, not that people here should need to know the differences). I got it two years ago in Boston. Tried out probably 20 trumpets that day and settled on this one. Both are silver plated; both are expensive.
Dvorak

Offline Gerk

« Reply #14 on: Fri, 11 November 2011, 00:22:09 »
Quote from: whiskerBox;449668
Nice guitar!, I had a Tokai tele awhile back and I loved it. If I remember correctly didn't Tokai have all the tools from the original Fender factory, until the Tokai factory burnt down.

I don't think they had the old fender tools ... if anything it went the other way around in that Fender later contracted them to make the japanese fenders.  There's lots of mis-information out there about the "lawsuit" guitar stuff.  The only company that got sued was Ibanez, and they were sued by Gibson over the shape of the guitar headstock.  I think one of the big factories did burn down at one point though (but I think it was the Matsumoku factory who made other popular japanese copies).

http://www.jazzguitar.be/lawsuit_guitars.html

Offline Gerk

« Reply #15 on: Fri, 11 November 2011, 00:23:35 »
Quote from: Playtrumpet;449259

(Attachment Link) 31476[/ATTACH]

Nice horns.  I never had the lips to play trumpet.  Back in high school I was more a tuba/bone/baritone kinda guy :)

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #16 on: Fri, 11 November 2011, 07:22:25 »
I got to see Wynton Marsalis and several members of the Lincoln Center Jazz Orchestra warm down at a small (and I mean small) jazz club here in town after a concert.  He broke out his Monette trumpet, and it was absolutely gorgeous.

Offline EverythingIBM

« Reply #17 on: Fri, 11 November 2011, 12:03:48 »
Quote from: whiskerBox;449670
Sweet synth man where did you find that? or have you always had it?

I got it last February. A guy sold it for $600 (he lived out of town from here). Considering the condition of it is perfect, I technically gained profit from buying it. Some poor Junos I've seen are so battered up... and people ask for twice as much than what I paid.

I'm too young to have always owned it, sadly. If I wasn't still a teenager I would have definitely bought all the cool synths and computers of the 80's.
Keyboards: '86 M, M5-2, M13, SSK, F AT, F XT

Offline whiskerBox

« Reply #18 on: Fri, 11 November 2011, 12:16:37 »
Yea I have seen those synths before in stores really beat up for well over a grand so thats a pretty great deal you got

Offline whiskerBox

Offline hazeluff

• * Vendor
  • 光復香港
    • Hazeluff
« Reply #20 on: Wed, 30 November 2011, 08:22:59 »
[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 33519[/ATTACH] [ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 33520[/ATTACH]

My bass. Got it last year, and I've got a stagg starter bass back home. Haven't had much time to play it tho.
Fight For Freedom. Stand with Hong Kongers