Author Topic: Console controllers  (Read 1906 times)

Offline Zamorph

Console controllers
« on: Wed, 09 November 2011, 16:51:46 »
Does anyone know any good websites to buy custom console controllers like xbox and ps3? thanks

Offline Ekaros

Console controllers
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 09 November 2011, 17:12:53 »
Man, do you know what this forum is about?

Keyboards, now use the proper tool for gaming...
So I should add something useless here yes? Ok, ok...
Filco 105-key NKRO MX Browns Sw/Fi-layout|IBM Model M 1394545 Lexmark 102-key Finnish-layout 1994-03-22|Cherry G80-3000LQCDE-2 with MX CLEAR
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Dell AT102W(105-key SF) (Black ALPS)|Steelseries Steelkeys 6G(MX Black) ISO-FI-layout|Cherry G84-4400 G84-4700 Cherry MLs

Offline Zamorph

Console controllers
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 09 November 2011, 18:00:05 »
Quote from: Ekaros;448806
Man, do you know what this forum is about?

Keyboards, now use the proper tool for gaming...

;)

Offline wmtx

Console controllers
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 10 November 2011, 05:08:51 »
Not sure about the quality and if it's what you need but you could try http://www.divineo.com

Offline flyball

Console controllers
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 10 November 2011, 07:36:03 »
Quote from: Zamorph;448795
Does anyone know any good websites to buy custom console controllers like xbox and ps3? thanks
do you want someone to make you a controller from scratch? in the case that you aren't, razer supposedly makes a nice 360 controller.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline Nighted

Console controllers
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 10 November 2011, 07:56:42 »
[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 31464[/ATTACH]

;)

Xpadder is a must for use with any controller on a PC.
^ 100% teleprompter free.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline ThatBum

Console controllers
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 12 November 2011, 06:01:34 »
I've never been good with controllers, especially with FPS's. The mouse and keyboard gives me more finesse than the noobstick. :P I was pretty good with the N64 controller back in the day, for platformers and flight games such. It seems that my subconscious refuses to wrap its head around using two sticks for movement, though that's similar to a mouse and keyboard. Stupid wetware.

Despite this, using a mouse and keyboard on a game that was designed for a stick (emulation, for instance) doesn't feel right. A stick is useful in something you need an infinite amount of movement in one direction, something a mouse can't supply because you run out of surface.

The controller I use is the Logitech Rumble Gamepad F510. It's really nice, solid build quality. No dodgy loose bits or anything. It's built off the PS3 layout, and even has really good force feedback.

There's a Logitech Rumble Gamepad F710, which is like the 510 but wireless. I tend to steer clear of wireless controllers with force feedback, they eat batteries faster than a big, fat, battery eating thing.

Offline Nighted

Console controllers
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 12 November 2011, 06:07:11 »
I'll never buy Logitech again. Nothing but problems with their flagship models. First a mouse that went before the warranty and then two cordless rumblepads; the Dpads wore out in both of them within months. This has never happened to me before with ANY game pad from my NES, through to my present day XBOX wireless I use on the PC. Even the Dpad on my Gameboy SP is still working perfectly after 5 years of use.
^ 100% teleprompter free.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline ThatBum

Console controllers
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 12 November 2011, 06:48:30 »
Humph. My G9x and aftermentioned controller have worked fine for about a year and a half now. Some of the rubber coating stuff on the 510 is gone, but it's no big deal, I have sweaty gamer hands. The hat switch on the 510 is fine still. the G9x is like new, I'm good to my hardware.

I suppose if you dislike third-party stuff you can get use actual Xbox 360 controller via USB. The drivers are a bit wonky though. Xinput is incompatible with some older games.