Author Topic: Secret Santa 2016 - OPENING GIFTS!  (Read 533033 times)

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
Re: Summer Santa - Now Live
« Reply #1200 on: Thu, 23 July 2015, 23:35:05 »

I came home today to this mystery package by Halverson! I got some sweet Canadian candy (including the fabled coffee crips i've been meaning to try after hearing all you getting some) and a (brown? not sure, i'm colorblind) KBK Mummy! This is my first KBK, and it is seriously so cool! And I do indeed have a topre HHKB :D I really can't thank Halverson (and everyone else involved) enough for sending me stuff since my santa dropped out, cause i just happened to get unlucky. But really, thank you guys, all of you are so awesome.
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

It arrived! Hope you enjoy the chocolates! :) the mummy has like a gold face on a dark teal/green body! Very glad you have the best keyboard :D

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1201 on: Thu, 23 July 2015, 23:38:10 »
I came home today to this mystery package by Halverson! I got some sweet Canadian candy (including the fabled coffee crips i've been meaning to try after hearing all you getting some) and a (brown? not sure, i'm colorblind) KBK Mummy! This is my first KBK, and it is seriously so cool! And I do indeed have a topre HHKB :D I really can't thank Halverson (and everyone else involved) enough for sending me stuff since my santa dropped out, cause i just happened to get unlucky. But really, thank you guys, all of you are so awesome.
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Remind me next time to accidentally not pair myself with anything then announce that my person fell through.

But seriously, this is why I love secret santa.  Yeah, there are some jerks, but there's a ton of people who really step up and make it awesome.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1202 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 00:08:53 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Remind me next time to accidentally not pair myself with anything then announce that my person fell through.

But seriously, this is why I love secret santa.  Yeah, there are some jerks, but there's a ton of people who really step up and make it awesome.

I was just thinking, you're almost better off having your person bail so you get three gifts.  :D  A huge testament to the community here, I love it.   :thumb:

Congrats on the cap, Rotaku!  That's an amazing KBK.   :-*

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #1203 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 06:26:07 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

It arrived! Hope you enjoy the chocolates! :) the mummy has like a gold face on a dark teal/green body! Very glad you have the best keyboard :D

That sounds like one awesome KBK! Congrats Rotaku!

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #1204 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 06:37:34 »
Show Image

Show Image
ïi
Show Image

Halverson I haven't talked to you much here but Its obvious this community means a great deal to you !!!!  I have seen you go out of your way to help people on numerous occasions . Not to mention you have birthed a cult/church and you also have or had one hell of a beard  :)) I just wanted to say thank you for all you do and have done to help make this community a pretty awesome place...!

P.S. Rotaku that is a great freaking cap, the doubleshot mummies are sooo hard to come by!! I have been hunting for awhile and just wanted to say that's a pretty amazing start your KBK collection congrats   :thumb:

P.s.s.
That CAP is amazing is that color way called the beast? Anyways super nice gets !
« Last Edit: Fri, 24 July 2015, 06:43:12 by Sed8op8 »
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #1205 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 07:13:56 »
For a second, I thought halverson sent him an HHKB too :))

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1206 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 07:30:40 »
For a second, I thought halverson sent him an HHKB too :))

Halverson would send an HHKB.   :rolleyes:

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1207 on: Tue, 28 July 2015, 08:55:12 »
Alright, tonight I'll be posting the pairings and doing some public shaming of those who either bailed or still haven't shipped.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #1208 on: Tue, 28 July 2015, 08:59:36 »
Alright, tonight I'll be posting the pairings and doing some public shaming of those who either bailed or still haven't shipped.

Azerty Propagandiste

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1209 on: Tue, 28 July 2015, 09:01:03 »

:eek:

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #1210 on: Tue, 28 July 2015, 12:26:58 »

:eek:
shame

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1211 on: Tue, 28 July 2015, 23:12:59 »
As promised, the bad boys of Summer Santa. 

- noisyturtle

- DrHubblePhD

booper still has not received anything.  And while she said she doesn't want anything special, I can't let her get nothing.  So if anyone wants to help me put together a small gift, that would be awesome.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #1212 on: Tue, 28 July 2015, 23:14:18 »
As promised, the bad boys of Summer Santa. 

- noisyturtle

- DrHubblePhD

booper still has not received anything.  And while she said she doesn't want anything special, I can't let her get nothing.  So if anyone wants to help me put together a small gift, that would be awesome.

Booper is super cool. I would recommend something purple :D
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1213 on: Tue, 28 July 2015, 23:17:09 »
And the pairings.  The arrow shows who sent to who.

PwnNarwhal   →   CPTBadAss
Zeal   →   ghostJUGGERNAUT
Badwrench   →   flyersfan1
ghostJUGGERNAUT   →   noisyturtle
CPTBadAss   →   Halverson
Moralless   →   pexon
flyersfan1   →   do_Og@n
SYnjin   →   billnye
noisyturtle   →   Rotaku  - bad turtle.  No pizza for you.
billnye   →   Binge
Cottonsox   →   Moralless
do_Og@n   →   SYnjin
Azhdar   →   FoC_Tow
DrHubblePhD   →   booper  - Bad doctor, back into the black hole you go.
hellcatz   →   Zeal
Binge   →   PwnNarwhal
pexon   →   hellcatz
booper   →   Sed8op8
Sed8op8   →   DrHubblePhD
strafe   →   Cottonsox
Skuloth   →   Badwrench
HoffmanMyster   →   strafe
Asdfjkl36   →   Skuloth
feizor   →   Joey Quinn
Halverson   →   HoffmanMyster
Rotaku   →   feizor
FoC_Tow   →   Azhdar
nubbinator   →   Asdfjkl36
Joey Quinn   →   nubbinator

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1214 on: Tue, 28 July 2015, 23:19:39 »
Oh no!  Booper needs some love.  I'll get something sent her way ASAP.   :thumb:

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #1215 on: Tue, 28 July 2015, 23:48:13 »
Oh no!  Booper needs some love.  I'll get something sent her way ASAP.   :thumb:

Super Hoff to the rescue!

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #1216 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 00:04:56 »

He's going to mail her a pillow stuffed with his beard hair

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1217 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 00:11:15 »

He's going to mail her a pillow stuffed with his beard hair

Spoilers, man!!

>.<

Offline DrHubblePhD

• I am star stuff
  • Location: Observable Universe, Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way Galaxy, Solar System, Planet Earth
« Reply #1218 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 11:50:46 »
FYI I still have every intention of sending Booper a gift, a good one at that. The thing is though that I am still very much broke (whens the last time you saw me post in the mail thread?) and have sold my more valuable keyboards to pay for necessities I will need in the following months. As much as I love this community and would love to spread the love it would be reckless of me to risk financial instability for the sake of gifting. Sorry Booper, remember great things come to those who wait :p :))

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1219 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 12:27:41 »

FYI I still have every intention of sending Booper a gift, a good one at that. The thing is though that I am still very much broke (whens the last time you saw me post in the mail thread?) and have sold my more valuable keyboards to pay for necessities I will need in the following months. As much as I love this community and would love to spread the love it would be reckless of me to risk financial instability for the sake of gifting. Sorry Booper, remember great things come to those who wait :p :))

I'm also guilty of sending my gift a bit late, so maybe it's not exactly my place to ask, but why would you sign up if you couldn't swing the $20 gift cost? I don't know your financial situation and how that may have changed recently, but it still seems like a small enough number to not break the bank.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #1220 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 12:31:28 »

* CPTBadAss inserts some cliche about actions and words

I buy stuff all the time that doesn't get listed in the mail thread. Mail thread posts don't correlate to how much money you have or you're spending.

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #1221 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 12:43:10 »

I'm also guilty of sending my gift a bit late, so maybe it's not exactly my place to ask, but why would you sign up if you couldn't swing the $20 gift cost? I don't know your financial situation and how that may have changed recently, but it still seems like a small enough number to not break the bank.

It's ok! I've done irresponsible things before with money! haha. I don't mind waiting and even if I don't get anything, Summer Santa has been a lot of fun anyway :D

Hoffman! You don't have to send me anythiiiiinggggg!!!  :eek:

I buy stuff all the time that doesn't get listed in the mail thread. Mail thread posts don't correlate to how much money you have or you're spending.

True. But who know!? Maybe he signed up when he was drunk? or had some extra cash at the time. I'd rather lose the $20 than have people get upset about it! 
omniclectic@gmail.com if you need me!

Offline strafe

• Strafe's Blog
« Reply #1222 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 19:32:01 »
My gift arrived on Monday.  It's been a busy week (in the process of moving) so haven't had a chance to post photos until today..

More

Thanks to HoffmanMyster for the goodies, and thanks to nubbinator for organizing everything.  Looking forward to trying everything  :)).
« Last Edit: Wed, 29 July 2015, 19:33:43 by strafe »
Freebird WKL (Blacks Clear-Tops), iKBC F-104 (Blacks) and more!

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #1223 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 20:57:06 »
@flyersfan1 - THANK YOU VERY MUCH. I love my gift and I know I'm supposed to submit a picture of me writing with it soon. I use it at work and everybody calls me a fancy pants because of it. They can all kiss my ass.

I'll post a picture soon.

Offline DrHubblePhD

• I am star stuff
  • Location: Observable Universe, Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way Galaxy, Solar System, Planet Earth
« Reply #1224 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 22:11:38 »

I think you focused on the wrong part of that statement. That was just an example. I honestly havent had any money to spend on non-necessary items but when i do booper will be the first to reap the benifits  :)).

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1225 on: Thu, 30 July 2015, 13:27:05 »
My gift arrived on Monday.  It's been a busy week (in the process of moving) so haven't had a chance to post photos until today..

More
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Thanks to HoffmanMyster for the goodies, and thanks to nubbinator for organizing everything.  Looking forward to trying everything  :)).

Glad it got there alright!!  :)  Hopefully the candies survived the heat.  :O

That handwriting though...   :-[ :-[ :-[

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #1226 on: Wed, 02 September 2015, 11:47:31 »
HEEEEYYY!!!!

CPTBadAss and Binge hooked me UP!  ;D ;D

I'm super super grateful for this. It was a bummer not having my Santa come through and I'm sorry that some of you all had to pick up the slack. I was pretty much planning on never joining a GH santa thing again but the kindness and awesome spirit of some of you fine folks more than makes up for the poor actions (or inaction!) of others. I continuously tell people that GH has the highest concentration of cool people on like, the whole internet. THANK YOU!!

anyway! here is my super secret surprise summer santa -

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1227 on: Wed, 02 September 2015, 12:06:12 »
HEEEEYYY!!!!

I'm super super grateful for this. It was a bummer not having my Santa come through and I'm sorry that some of you all had to pick up the slack. I was pretty much planning on never joining a GH santa thing again but the kindness and awesome spirit of some of you fine folks more than makes up for the poor actions (or inaction!) of others. I continuously tell people that GH has the highest concentration of cool people on like, the whole internet. THANK YOU!!

Show Image

Oh snap!  :D  That's awesome.  Huge props to CBA and Binge for pulling through.  :thumb:  Also, I do still have something in the works for you too, I'm just waiting for the weather to get a little more...not hot.  :P

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #1228 on: Wed, 02 September 2015, 13:08:33 »
* CPTBadAss swoons at Booper's picture

Picture was worth the price of admission. Glad you liked your surprise boop :)

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #1229 on: Wed, 02 September 2015, 13:30:39 »
I'm sort of bummed my recipient never posted my gifts 8-/ I wasnt able to compete with some of the amazing gifts here but I did put a decent amount of time and effort into one part of my present and a not insignificant amount of money ..... Oh well I don't want to shoot a dead horse so that's that. I'm so glad binge and captain made it happen for you boop as your gift to me was really above and beyond ! I just want you to know it meant A LOT to me and your And your so amazing  and talented you deserve it  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Wed, 02 September 2015, 15:13:58 by Sed8op8 »
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #1230 on: Wed, 02 September 2015, 13:40:39 »
HEEEEYYY!!!!

Show Image

Binge showed me these in person last week and they are super sweet. Don't quit the secret santa, never quit the secret santa!

We have some bad eggs, but most of us are cool people. At least sometimes.
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #1231 on: Wed, 02 September 2015, 13:59:07 »
* CPTBadAss swoons at Booper's picture

Picture was worth the price of admission. Glad you liked your surprise boop :)

I DO! And of course I had to take sweet photos. I love Binge's envelope art as backdrops!

Oh snap!  :D  That's awesome.  Huge props to CBA and Binge for pulling through.  :thumb:  Also, I do still have something in the works for you too, I'm just waiting for the weather to get a little more...not hot.  :P

You may be waiting a while! it's like a billion degrees down here. (but that's ok, you don't have to send me anything at all!)

I'm sort of bummed my recipient never posted my gifts 8-/ I was able to compete with some of the amazing gifts here but I did put a decent amount of time and effort into one part of my present and a not insignificant amount of money ..... Oh well I don't want to shoot a dead horse so that's that. I'm so glad binge and captain made it happen for you boop as your gift to me was really above and beyond ! I just want you to know it meant A LOT to me and your And your so amazing  and talented you deserve it  :thumb:

AWWWW. That does super suck. Did you take a photo of it before you sent it? You should shameless self post what you sent! I love seeing all the cool and creative gifts people came up with for their individual santas! THANK YOU SED8! You are the sweetest person alive I think. I wouldn't have made all that stuff for just anyone! <3

Binge showed me these in person last week and they are super sweet. Don't quit the secret santa, never quit the secret santa!

We have some bad eggs, but most of us are cool people. At least sometimes.

Yea, I was just being a little salty. I'm over it now though of course! And will likely be back for more Santa fun!

Also, COOL! You've touched my keythulu twins!!

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1232 on: Wed, 02 September 2015, 14:00:47 »
You've touched my keythulu twins!!

So that's what you call 'em...   :-X

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #1233 on: Wed, 02 September 2015, 14:05:45 »
You've touched my keythulu twins!!

So that's what you call 'em...   :-X

LOL! And to think... originally I wrote "You've handled my twins!" before realizing how that sounded and rewording it. I can't win with you people!

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #1234 on: Wed, 02 September 2015, 14:17:59 »
I'm sort of bummed my recipient never posted my gifts 8-/ I was able to compete with some of the amazing gifts here but I did put a decent amount of time and effort into one part of my present and a not insignificant amount of money ..... Oh well I don't want to shoot a dead horse so that's that. I'm so glad binge and captain made it happen for you boop as your gift to me was really above and beyond ! I just want you to know it meant A LOT to me and your And your so amazing  and talented you deserve it  :thumb:

I couldn't agree more.  I know how much effort you put into your gifts, I am the same way.  I do agree with Booper on this one, if you have a pic, post it!

Congrats Booper, the cpt and binge would never leave anyone hanging here (or many of the other people that were part of this SS).
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #1235 on: Wed, 02 September 2015, 14:48:55 »
CPT was the real mastermind.  Also thank Beehatch for the colorway.  This all happened as quite the coincident, but ended up being great for a lot of people.
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #1236 on: Fri, 04 September 2015, 04:56:54 »
I AM HYPE FOR WINTER SECRET SANTA

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #1237 on: Fri, 04 September 2015, 06:08:52 »
^^^^^^^^ :thumb:

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #1238 on: Fri, 04 September 2015, 06:18:51 »

Yeah, I missed this last round. :(  Can't wait for the next one.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1239 on: Fri, 04 September 2015, 09:03:33 »
I was just thinking "hmm, might be time to un-sticky this, since it's over"...

But nahh, this is never over.  :))  We go right into Winter Santa!  ;D

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #1240 on: Fri, 04 September 2015, 09:31:33 »
I hope I get a foreign Santa this time, I gotta get me some of those Gucci sweets and stuff :-X

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1241 on: Fri, 04 September 2015, 11:36:27 »

True.  I figure we should start getting things started next month.  I think we need a new theme, but stick with serious gifts this time.  People should get something they can actually use instead of pure gag gifts.

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #1242 on: Fri, 04 September 2015, 11:50:16 »

True.  I figure we should start getting things started next month.  I think we need a new theme, but stick with serious gifts this time.  People should get something they can actually use instead of pure gag gifts.

I'm down as always.   :thumb:
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline Skuloth

Re: Secret Santa - Brainstorming
« Reply #1243 on: Fri, 04 September 2015, 12:29:03 »
I'm always up for more secret santa.
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #1244 on: Fri, 04 September 2015, 12:33:47 »

Fildos for all!

Bad dragon secret Santa 2015

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #1245 on: Fri, 04 September 2015, 12:58:57 »
Yeah for Secret Santa! I can hardly wait.  :)
Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #1246 on: Fri, 04 September 2015, 13:32:14 »
I'm excited this is going to be the first Secret Santa I can be a part of :DDD
HHKB Pro 1| Poker 2(MX Browns)| Leopold FC200R (MX Blue)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Yup, that tasted purple" -Lulu

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/138889771@N05/

Offline 3K

« Reply #1247 on: Fri, 04 September 2015, 13:45:39 »
Sounds like fun, how do I join in?

Fildos for all!

Bad dragon secret Santa 2015

Only to lube switches, of course!

Model M '88    | Model M SSK '87 | HHKB P2  | Zowie FK1

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1248 on: Fri, 04 September 2015, 13:53:23 »

Same. If I can get in, I am still debating whether I want to gift my secret project this year (due to a number of reasons...some financial some not). Either way I will do my best to make it an awesome one  :thumb:

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #1249 on: Fri, 04 September 2015, 13:58:30 »
Excited for Winter Secret Santa, my winter will def. be better than my summer