Author Topic: [IC] KAT Explosion | GB starts June 1st  (Read 136799 times)

Offline nathanchere

Re: [IC] KAT Explosion
« Reply #100 on: Sun, 12 January 2020, 16:35:22 »
That's a pretty harsh thing to say about the entire keycap community. Plenty of people have inspiration for their keysets no matter what profile it is. The creativity for keysets has nothing to do with profile, your comment is just gatekeeping. While I love KAT sets and am working on one myself I put a lot of effort and inspiration into GMK Ashes, and I know countless others who put so much effort into their keysets and ICs.

Gatekeeping? ^-^ Not at all. People can keep releasing endless GMK Monotony sets if they want. My comment was to praise the creativity i'm seeing in KAT sets like this, Lich, Little Pilot etc. Having looked at GMK Ashen I can see why my comment would make you salty though.

Offline eskimojo

• KeycapLendar
« Reply #101 on: Sun, 12 January 2020, 17:31:04 »
That's a pretty harsh thing to say about the entire keycap community. Plenty of people have inspiration for their keysets no matter what profile it is. The creativity for keysets has nothing to do with profile, your comment is just gatekeeping. While I love KAT sets and am working on one myself I put a lot of effort and inspiration into GMK Ashes, and I know countless others who put so much effort into their keysets and ICs.

Gatekeeping? ^-^ Not at all. People can keep releasing endless GMK Monotony sets if they want. My comment was to praise the creativity i'm seeing in KAT sets like this, Lich, Little Pilot etc. Having looked at GMK Ashen I can see why my comment would make you salty though.

It is possible to compliment something without putting something else down. While I appreciate the compliment for Lich, comments phrased like this only end up causing more division.

It is also worth noting that with GMK (and any other ABS doubleshot keycap manufacturer), you do not have the freedom of things such as custom legends without running into significant cost.
PBT dye sublimation allows for a lot more freedom. This is not simply due to "lack of creativity".

Offline i luv chuletas

« Reply #102 on: Tue, 14 January 2020, 15:18:15 »
Sick, I've been looking for a katakana set. Any ideas as far as timelines go?

Want this for my Ortho project, can't wait for more renders!

Offline ben56k

« Reply #103 on: Tue, 14 January 2020, 16:11:05 »
novelties with ISO enter? yes
and a french modifier? yes

one question : when?

Offline Rensuya

• Blue is my spirit animal
    • Link to the discord!
« Reply #104 on: Tue, 14 January 2020, 17:38:24 »
novelties with ISO enter? yes
and a french modifier? yes

one question : when?
No dates yet. All I will say is it for sure will Groupbuy in Q2 or Q3 2020.

In the meantime I have some more updates I'm working on now but those will be a few weeks as I'm trying to get updates finished for KAT Atlantis first since that set is running much sooner.

Also, if any are following my KAT Goddess set, updates are on the way for it as well. It's sure to be an amazing 2020 for KAT sets!

Offline Infamous-Sheikah

« Reply #105 on: Sun, 19 January 2020, 08:28:25 »
Looks nice! I'd be in.

Offline CPU_Cartel

« Reply #106 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 00:31:56 »
Love it! I'm in!
Waiting for GB!

Offline dabbaranks

« Reply #107 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 15:22:28 »
Soooo in, the purple is amazing. Also I like the options of not having to buy a base kit and force into alphas I don't want. But all the alphas on this set are beautiful, big tempt :)

Offline Bits

« Reply #108 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 22:46:08 »
This is great! Will definitely be my first KAT set

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Offline Wanchnn

« Reply #109 on: Fri, 24 January 2020, 07:42:15 »
I’m in.  This is my favourite anime.

Offline bakuretsu

« Reply #110 on: Fri, 31 January 2020, 01:49:37 »
You've forced my hand. I had to finally make a Geekhack account to say I need this.

Offline DaMnED

« Reply #111 on: Sat, 01 February 2020, 04:25:26 »
No chance for a South kit? Was looking at this set and I really like it for a board I'm building for my young daughter, but she'd be confused without the ISO-PT at this stage (learning how to type).

Offline jtm94

« Reply #112 on: Sat, 01 February 2020, 14:41:13 »
This set is blessed. Can't wait.

Offline Rensuya

• Link to the discord!
« Reply #113 on: Sun, 02 February 2020, 15:07:36 »
No chance for a South kit? Was looking at this set and I really like it for a board I'm building for my young daughter, but she'd be confused without the ISO-PT at this stage (learning how to type).
I'll look into it

Offline DaMnED

« Reply #114 on: Mon, 03 February 2020, 09:57:44 »
I'll look into it

Thank you!

Offline Infamous-Sheikah

« Reply #115 on: Fri, 07 February 2020, 15:21:56 »
Definitely interested in this set...Think it'll be my next one for sure.

Is there any type of ETA at all?

Offline Rensuya

• Link to the discord!
« Reply #116 on: Fri, 07 February 2020, 17:30:13 »

This set will Groupbuy in Q2 2020, that's all I can give for now.

Offline Infamous-Sheikah

« Reply #117 on: Fri, 07 February 2020, 21:57:17 »

This set will Groupbuy in Q2 2020, that's all I can give for now.

:thumb: Sweet, thanks for the info!

Offline pearlyeti

« Reply #118 on: Mon, 10 February 2020, 22:44:31 »
The Evolv, 7V, Satisfaction and Dawn (just to name a few) have started to really popularize the vertical function row. Throwing in some novelties that hit r1, r2, r3 and r4 make that function row look really nice! Just something to consider.

Offline vsrnth

« Reply #119 on: Mon, 10 February 2020, 23:09:54 »
The Evolv, 7V, Satisfaction and Dawn (just to name a few) have started to really popularize the vertical function row. Throwing in some novelties that hit r1, r2, r3 and r4 make that function row look really nice! Just something to consider.
+1 on this

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Offline bakuretsu

« Reply #120 on: Tue, 11 February 2020, 03:37:57 »

For the novelties kit, I can't seem to make an all-novelties non-standard bottom row work.

Take Evolv for example - https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=104531.0 (or any other keyboard with its layout):
1.50u Left Ctrl = Hat
1.00u Left Windows = Flame
1.50u Left Alt = Hat again? (same symbol used for Left Control)
1.25u Right Alt = Eyepatch (doesn't match Left Alt)
1.25u Right Fn = Cast

Basically, I would like to have two additional 1.50u R1 novelty keycaps of a different symbol to prevent overlapping the same symbol onto different keys. Probably eyepatch since it only comes in 1.25u size for R1.

Someone, please correct me if I'm looking at this wrong. I should have gone to sleep a while ago.

P.S. I also agree with pearlyeti about adding 1.00u R2 & R3 novelties to cover a full vertical function row.

Offline Paddel06

• Klugscheißer
« Reply #121 on: Tue, 11 February 2020, 05:09:36 »
They're talking about a vertical function row ;)
This is a signature.

Offline Rensuya

• Link to the discord!
« Reply #122 on: Tue, 11 February 2020, 11:30:29 »
+1 on this

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
I was already considering this since 75s are my favorite layout!  :thumb:

Offline bobdenard

« Reply #123 on: Tue, 11 February 2020, 17:01:09 »
Hi, great looking set! Is it still possible to add a Command/Option kit for Mac users?

Offline Rensuya

• Link to the discord!
« Reply #124 on: Tue, 11 February 2020, 18:34:11 »
Hi, great looking set! Is it still possible to add a Command/Option kit for Mac users?
I'll make a note to look at adding this when I got to make some updates.

Offline bakuretsu

« Reply #125 on: Wed, 12 February 2020, 02:46:28 »
I'll make a note to look at adding this when I got to make some updates.
Awesome! Also, if you're going to update some things, please also consider adding another pair of 1.50u R1 novelties. That way an all-novelties non-standard bottom row would be possible in a way that makes sense.
I described the potential problem with the current set in my last comment slightly higher up on this page.

Offline titoepfx

« Reply #126 on: Sat, 15 February 2020, 22:40:54 »
My only suggestion is to separate 40% and ortho and give ortho a second 2u key are my suggestions, half because im a ergo user with ortho keycaps but i have 2 2u and the other reason is because kat moq can do that

Offline FLFrostBite

« Reply #127 on: Mon, 17 February 2020, 10:28:49 »
This is awesome!! 10/10 bakaretsu, Megu is proud!

Offline Salad

« Reply #128 on: Wed, 19 February 2020, 06:25:45 »
For the novelties set, any chance of 1.5u "explosion" text modifier for R1 for use in split ergos that do not have 2u thumb clusters (such as the Lily58). I know "explosion" is a R2 modifier and it might be a tight fit on a 1.5u, but I thought I'd ask anyway just in case there was a chance to have explosion somewhere on my keeb.

Offline titoepfx

« Reply #129 on: Fri, 21 February 2020, 00:25:21 »
For the novelties set, any chance of 1.5u "explosion" text modifier for R1 for use in split ergos that do not have 2u thumb clusters (such as the Lily58). I know "explosion" is a R2 modifier and it might be a tight fit on a 1.5u, but I thought I'd ask anyway just in case there was a chance to have explosion somewhere on my keeb.
they're 2.25u which makes me sad as a split ergo user i can make it fit but still

Offline Salad

« Reply #130 on: Sat, 22 February 2020, 07:05:40 »
they're 2.25u which makes me sad as a split ergo user i can make it fit but still

Thanks for catching my mistake. 1.5u would probably be impossible to fit for sure :/
Maybe a mini explosion? (besides the flame)

Offline excusemeprincess

« Reply #131 on: Sun, 23 February 2020, 11:57:17 »
I noticed there is no 7u spacebar for the alternate alpha's color. Is this intentional or will there be one added before the GB?

Offline Rensuya

• Link to the discord!
« Reply #132 on: Sun, 23 February 2020, 12:04:50 »
I noticed there is no 7u spacebar for the alternate alpha's color. Is this intentional or will there be one added before the GB?
That was just something I missed. Thanks for catching it, I'll add it in with some of the updates I'm working on!

Offline msting

• Don't Panic!
« Reply #133 on: Mon, 24 February 2020, 14:06:45 »
Not sure if its too late for this, but would love to see a pair of 2u novelties similar to the 2.25 Enter keys that are in the Novelty kit. For the Ergodox!

Offline Baumstyler

« Reply #134 on: Thu, 27 February 2020, 07:14:14 »
Pls add a Chomusuke Novelty

Offline titoepfx

« Reply #135 on: Sat, 29 February 2020, 05:36:22 »
Keep in mind that people who buy ortho will also be ergo users like lily58, corne, kyria, etc the ergo splits that barely use 2u or bigger than 1u keys. I personally need a second 2u key on the ortho set and theres also planck and other actual orthos that can use 2 2u

Offline Rensuya

• Link to the discord!
« Reply #136 on: Sat, 29 February 2020, 09:17:28 »
Pls add a Chomusuke Novelty
It's coming

Offline Rensuya

• Link to the discord!
« Reply #137 on: Sat, 29 February 2020, 09:18:58 »
Keep in mind that people who buy ortho will also be ergo users like lily58, corne, kyria, etc the ergo splits that barely use 2u or bigger than 1u keys. I personally need a second 2u key on the ortho set and theres also planck and other actual orthos that can use 2 2u
I'll make note of this. I'm guessing you mean a 2U spacebar?

Offline bakuretsu

« Reply #138 on: Sat, 29 February 2020, 18:40:50 »

Offline titoepfx

« Reply #139 on: Tue, 03 March 2020, 10:54:03 »
I'll make note of this. I'm guessing you mean a 2U spacebar?
Yes like a second 2u spacebar or a ergo spacebar kit would be cool too unless the ergo 2u spacebar in the ergo kit isn't slanted towards thumb

Offline Shaphyna

« Reply #140 on: Tue, 03 March 2020, 16:09:01 »
Would it be possible to move the 6.25u spacebars from the alpha sets to the mod sets instead? Then we could have the 3 different coloured spacebars (red/purple/yellow) in both 6.25u and 7u in the mods? Wondering if this makes more sense since the ergo users won’t need the spacebars if they get the alphas and we get all 3 coloured spacebars regardless of which alphas we choose to get? Then all the spacebars could be removed from the different alpha sets! (Got this idea from Minterly’s KAT Eternal set)

Mainly commenting because I’m annoyed with myself for not asking for this and a couple other changes for KAT Atlantis before it went to GB :( now I’m in a dilemma about what set to get!

Offline synthtastic

« Reply #141 on: Sat, 07 March 2020, 13:10:27 »
Woaaaah this looks so good!!!!
Expensive plastic makes me sigh.

Offline bakuretsu

« Reply #142 on: Sat, 07 March 2020, 14:17:31 »
Would it be possible to move the 6.25u spacebars from the alpha sets to the mod sets instead? Then we could have the 3 different coloured spacebars (red/purple/yellow) in both 6.25u and 7u in the mods? Wondering if this makes more sense since the ergo users won’t need the spacebars if they get the alphas and we get all 3 coloured spacebars regardless of which alphas we choose to get? Then all the spacebars could be removed from the different alpha sets! (Got this idea from Minterly’s KAT Eternal set)

Mainly commenting because I’m annoyed with myself for not asking for this and a couple other changes for KAT Atlantis before it went to GB :( now I’m in a dilemma about what set to get!

That does make a lot of sense. That way if people want multiple alphas sets and only one mods set they won't have a bunch of extra 6.25u spacebars lying around. And like you said, this way everyone will get a brown 6.25u spacebar to go with their mods even if they don't get an alt alphas set.

Offline Rensuya

• Link to the discord!
« Reply #143 on: Sat, 07 March 2020, 15:40:30 »

That does make a lot of sense. That way if people want multiple alphas sets and only one mods set they won't have a bunch of extra 6.25u spacebars lying around. And like you said, this way everyone will get a brown 6.25u spacebar to go with their mods even if they don't get an alt alphas set.
I have to in alphas because 40s use them on some boards. I might change it going forward though.
« Last Edit: Sat, 07 March 2020, 15:44:33 by Rensuya »

Offline dmatx1

« Reply #144 on: Sun, 08 March 2020, 04:52:09 »
Could you add an extra Tab (R3 1.25u), Backspace (R4 2u) and Shift (R1 1.25u) to the modifier kits or create a small add-on kit?

With these extra keys two alpha kits and one modifier kits would cover two boards (TKL/60%+60%/65%) with different bottom row layouts and Caps Lock type.

Offline yui_

« Reply #145 on: Sun, 08 March 2020, 10:43:19 »
Seeing more novelties for 40s would be nice, i assume licensing is an issue with this but having the language used in konosuba would be brilliant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Lolipopu

« Reply #146 on: Thu, 12 March 2020, 11:46:29 »
This colorway is on point. Waiting for artisan collabs. :D

Offline FLFrostBite

« Reply #147 on: Thu, 26 March 2020, 01:47:08 »
mfw I see KAT Explosion

Offline DrHigsby

• The doctor is in.
« Reply #148 on: Thu, 26 March 2020, 12:13:15 »
Hey Rensuya, any chance for a purple spacebar kit? Could the spacebar kits also be broken up by color? Specifically wondering about a 2.25u/2.75u split and a 7u in purple.

Otherwise, I really like this kit and your work in general!

Offline DaMnED

« Reply #149 on: Thu, 26 March 2020, 13:13:16 »
I'll look into it

Any decision on this? Ty