Author Topic: [IC] DSA Tokamak  (Read 3521 times)

Offline Formulaik

• Trained not to spit in the fan
[IC] DSA Tokamak
« on: Sat, 22 June 2019, 12:19:40 »
Initial "Interest Check" for the Tokamak keycap set. This set goes for an industrial control panel look while also attempting to increase the yellow pop by playing down the alphas and standard modifiers. The name is from a type of fusion reactor design called the tokamak. The novelty keys included use the name ZETA which was a fusion reactor design that was a precursor to the tokamak and instrumental toward furthering fusion reaction research.

I used the incredibly awesome DSA Scientific keycap set as a guide for Tokamak. The intention is to use Signature Plastics for production and go with the DSA key cap profile. I used the same kit designs as from DSA Scientific with some minor additions. Notably there is an additional "B" key in the alpha kit for the TGR Alice and there are included a 2u and 1u shift keys in the modifier kit. These seemed like minimal additions to include popular unique configurations. I also included a Mac Kit as I'm a life-long Mac user. I'm sure there are other small additions that could be included to maximize compatibility that I'm not aware of so please sound off below to let me know what I missed. This is my first GB so please be gentle. ;)

Interest Check Feedback Form: https://forms.gle/WdUqC32DsZfxsem99

221612-0
221606-1
221608-2
221614-3
221610-4
221598-5
221600-6
221602-7
221604-8

« Last Edit: Sat, 22 June 2019, 14:07:28 by Formulaik »

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
Re: [IC] DSA Tokamak
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 22 June 2019, 13:01:36 »
I like it very much. Very unique colorway, but it somehow manages to hold together.

I'd be in for a base set
A pessimist will tell you the cup is half empty. An optimist will tell you the cup is half full. An engineer will tell you it's exactly twice the size it needs to be.

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 22 June 2019, 14:30:22 »
I like it, but you'll need to be careful to differentiate from DSA Alchemy. I also don't know how I feel about all-dark F keys. Alternating them like in Scientific might look nicer.
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline fractl

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 22 June 2019, 15:16:43 »
Reminds me a lot of the keyset render on the Milk Rama U-80, except for the darker gray and yellow keys, of course.  Which isn't a bad thing at all, since it looks quite nice.  Now, I just wish that someone would run a GB for a keyset that matches the render on the Port U-80.

Offline euphxenos

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 22 June 2019, 16:06:05 »
Since you're basing this on DSA Scientific, it might be worth pointing out that the 1U Fn was accidentally removed, but was added back into their TKL + Specialty mods kit during their group buy.  You also have carried over some keys with legends that were appropriate for DSA Scientific's calculator theme that probably don't belong in your set (in mods: 1U Data, 1.5U Clear; in numpad: 1U Calc; in ortho/40%: 1U Data, 1.25U Data).

Offline Formulaik

• Trained not to spit in the fan
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 17 July 2019, 13:04:07 »
Quick update. Going to kill this IC since interest is extremely low. Thanks for all who responded!