Poll

Which realization of Cyrillics do you prefer?

Double shot single letters
Standard QWERTY with front printed Cyrillics

Author Topic: [IC] YURI R1 GMK (Cherry profile)  (Read 354421 times)

Offline shower_king

• Pain is weakness leaving your body
Re: [IC] YURI R1 GMK (Cherry profile)
« Reply #1200 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 23:15:09 »
i prefer to this blue tone set. i think , in whole set, the color combo is more harmonious than carbon. I have bought two sets carbon already. I think i can't help buying another two complete yuri.
i have doubt that there is no convex 3u spacebar.

Offline ski_

« Reply #1201 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 02:12:54 »
I am curious. Do many of you have issue with alpha colors? On reddit people got troubles to see the pale blue and redish orange. Some called pale blue as white or gray which i cant understand why. I see it clearly on several different monitors. Anyway if someone got these troubles then i suggest to check previous posts with real life samples. Tell me if you still see different colors.

I am color blind, yet I have no issues see the blue and orange as you have them in the images.  Keep them as you have them-- this color way rocks!  :-)

Offline Jedi

« Reply #1202 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 06:14:07 »
The custom colors of this set are the best and the only way this set should run. The pale blue is completely unique and the fiery orange captures this balance perfectly. THIS together with the doubleshot Cyrillic alphas is the true reason to get this kit.

No, I would not change a thing and if people disagree, they can keep to their stock color kits as GMK has plenty of boring overdone colors for them to choose from.

« Reply #1203 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 07:39:53 »
The custom colors of this set are the best and the only way this set should run. The pale blue is completely unique and the fiery orange captures this balance perfectly. THIS together with the doubleshot Cyrillic alphas is the true reason to get this kit.

No, I would not change a thing and if people disagree, they can keep to their stock color kits as GMK has plenty of boring overdone colors for them to choose from.

Absolutely agreed. The colors are perfect.

Offline T0mb3ry

• https://www.instagram.com/t0mb3ry_gh/
    • Flickr
« Reply #1204 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 12:15:56 »
Thanks everybody for feedback. Just was curious if i hit some kind of deadspot combo for colorblind people. Anyway i will keep the colors as they are. Since i got the the samples, i know the colors are mind blowing in person (ofcourse subjective). In case of alphas i am sure the legends will be distinct enough. The choice of colors were done with purpose (pale blue for dream to be able to fly, deep blue for space, fiery orange for Yuri's flight suit) and i am not willing to change it.
« Last Edit: Thu, 20 April 2017, 12:19:51 by T0mb3ry »

Offline Theconejo

« Reply #1205 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 12:32:33 »
Thanks everybody for feedback. Just was curious if i hit some kind of deadspot combo for colorblind people. Anyway i will keep the colors as they are. Since i got the the samples, i know the colors are mind blowing in person (ofcourse subjective). In case of alphas i am sure the legends will be distinct enough. The choice of colors were done with purpose (pale blue for dream to be able to fly, deep blue for space, fiery orange for Yuri's flight suit) and i am not willing to change it.

I think the colors are great, I just thought it was red not orange, which doesn't bother me at all. Keep up the good work.

Any updates from massdrop or gmk? Still looking at May?

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #1206 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 16:18:55 »
Update.

Ergodox/Planck kit
- Changed some row 4 keys to row 4 convex (look for R4c)
- Added two additional R4c keys for grid planck

Offline gnmar2723

« Reply #1207 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 16:36:12 »
Are we still on track for a May drop? I am so excited :thumb:

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #1208 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 16:38:29 »

Yes. Yuri will drop in May after DSA Miami Dolch.

Offline Theconejo

« Reply #1209 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 17:10:28 »

oh ****, Tom leaking the info!

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #1210 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 18:26:40 »

Both my most anticipated sets launching within a month of each other is gonna be reaaaaal rough - thankfully I've known for a while now so I'm ready to roll haha

Offline gnmar2723

« Reply #1211 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 18:29:21 »

Both my most anticipated sets launching within a month of each other is gonna be reaaaaal rough - thankfully I've known for a while now so I'm ready to roll haha

I'm in pretty deep with kbd spending lately too. Hopefully I have enough time to recover before this drops lol

Offline Terceler

« Reply #1212 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 19:18:34 »
Update.

Ergodox/Planck kit

Looking forward to seeing how the convex keys come out! I will definitely be looking to get an Ergodox/Planck kit.

Offline BlackInk

• "Manners maketh man"
    • TeamGSB
« Reply #1213 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 22:14:33 »
Kinda lazy to go through all the cmt, do you guys know what is the price for this set? novelties? Cyrillic?

Thanks

Offline gnmar2723

« Reply #1214 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 22:28:40 »
Kinda lazy to go through all the cmt, do you guys know what is the price for this set? novelties? Cyrillic?

Thanks

Still TBA I think

Offline jebbra

• jebbra.net
« Reply #1215 on: Fri, 21 April 2017, 09:04:41 »
Update.

Ergodox/Planck kit
Show Image

I'm not quite sure which color use the R4c profile. Hope it's a pair of pale blue, a pair of dark blue, and a pair of orange  :thumb:
At the very least, a pair of pale blue and pair of orange.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #1216 on: Sun, 23 April 2017, 02:23:11 »
Update.

Ergodox/Planck kit
- Added complete row 4 bottom row. The reason for this is some people want to use some 1u modifiers from the base set. For example arrows or ctrl/alt keys. Same counts for planck adn probably some of you might need the convex keys only for raise/low and the 2u spacebar. The extra 12 keys will not hurt the prcing and i think having options is worth it.

Following is not an update. And i want just to hear your opinion.
ISO Novlety? Yes or No? Star on stripes or Cosmonaut Helmet? Vote in the pole below.

VOTEHERE

Offline thelaughingman

• Simultaneously the most starry-eyed idealist and t
« Reply #1217 on: Sun, 23 April 2017, 05:32:40 »

Following is not an update. And i want just to hear your opinion.
ISO Novlety? Yes or No? Star on stripes or Cosmonaut Helmet? Vote in the pole below.
Show Image

VOTEHERE

I personally welcome this as it gives some love to the ISO people. I used to type on ISO UK layout a lot as I spent years studying in the UK but now I consciously think about not buying ISO kit because I can't show off the ANSI Enter novelty. Long story short, if this happens I will buy the International Kit for sure  :eek: :eek: :eek:

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #1218 on: Sun, 23 April 2017, 09:53:20 »
The cosmonaut helmet is leading. It looks awesome.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #1219 on: Sun, 23 April 2017, 14:58:15 »
Just a question to everybody. Is there anybody who is looking forward to use an entire convex bottom row on his/her planck? If there is no body, i might reduce these convex keys only for raise/lower and 2u key. Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: Sun, 23 April 2017, 14:59:53 by T0mb3ry »

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #1220 on: Sun, 23 April 2017, 16:15:22 »
I'm indifferent to the all convex bottom row, but I think that having only the central keys with convex tops will actually help with centralising your thumbs (like a built-in homing feature for the bottom row if you will)
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #1221 on: Sun, 23 April 2017, 16:24:24 »
I'm indifferent to the all convex bottom row, but I think that having only the central keys with convex tops will actually help with centralising your thumbs (like a built-in homing feature for the bottom row if you will)

Well seems like the convex keys make sense only near the tumbs. In that case i will reduce the convex keys only for that purpose.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #1222 on: Sun, 23 April 2017, 19:18:55 »

Well seems like the convex keys make sense only near the tumbs. In that case i will reduce the convex keys only for that purpose.

Will the 2.25u and 2.75u be convex?

Offline jebbra

• jebbra.net
« Reply #1223 on: Sun, 23 April 2017, 20:40:14 »
I'm thinking if all on convex then it will be the same as all concave. Since the point on the convex is homing so they must be different.

Ideal convex list for planck:
1x 2u pale blue planckbar,
2x pale blue 1u for grid space,
2x dark blue 1u for lo-ra,
2x orange 1u for alternatecolor lo-ra,

Having extra dark blue there is a little bonus which can be used on another place as homing too.

Offline pattulus

• RocketINK
[IC] YURI R1 GMK (Cherry profile)
« Reply #1224 on: Sun, 23 April 2017, 22:21:57 »
Just a question to everybody. Is there anybody who is looking forward to use an entire convex bottom row on his/her planck? If there is no body, i might reduce these convex keys only for raise/lower and 2u key. Thanks in advance.

Personally, I find the idea intriguing. I don't know if it's my cup of tea, but I'd pay a few dollars more just to try it out.

As an Ergodox user I can see those convex keys being useful on the thumb cluster, too. I use 3 R1 keys for the topmost three keys there, so my guess is that if I don't like them in the bottom row, I can use them in the thumb cluster to have more prominent and easy to access keys. ((see attachment))

In short: I vote for versatility/expandability which is supposed to be a big yes for convex keys.

If you decide to cut it down, maybe 2-3 of each color for Ergodox/Planck users would be a nice addition. Knowing my preferences I'd take R1 as well as R4's.

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #1225 on: Mon, 24 April 2017, 18:03:04 »
any update on pricing?

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #1226 on: Tue, 25 April 2017, 13:37:02 »
Ok got another small update for egodox/planck kit. Keep in mind we got not that much time anymore its like some fewish weeks until drop. So check the kits and say if you miss something but dont get crazy :))

Ergodox/Planck kit
- Reduced convex keys to six (see R4c row). Keep in mind there are enough row 4 keys even for use in a tumb cluster. Also dont forget about possibility to use convex keys in tumb cluster if that makes sense. Anyway if some fo you would love to ahve some extra row 4 keys or even row 1 keys just say it here as soon as possible. I'll look into it.

any update on pricing?

Nobody can know this. You can only assume based on previous drops.

Personally, I find the idea intriguing. I don't know if it's my cup of tea, but I'd pay a few dollars more just to try it out.

As an Ergodox user I can see those convex keys being useful on the thumb cluster, too. I use 3 R1 keys for the topmost three keys there, so my guess is that if I don't like them in the bottom row, I can use them in the thumb cluster to have more prominent and easy to access keys. ((see attachment))
Show Image

In short: I vote for versatility/expandability which is supposed to be a big yes for convex keys.

If you decide to cut it down, maybe 2-3 of each color for Ergodox/Planck users would be a nice addition. Knowing my preferences I'd take R1 as well as R4's.

Just say that you need and if some people also support you i will definitely look into it ;) So as i understand you would love to see row1 for tumb cluster top keys right? If someone support this idea just quote and answer with +.

Offline e_l_tang

« Reply #1227 on: Tue, 25 April 2017, 13:46:49 »

Show Image

Just say that you need and if some people also support you i will definitely look into it ;) So as i understand you would love to see row1 for tumb cluster top keys right? If someone support this idea just quote and answer with +.

Row 1 keycaps are just what he's currently using. He's saying that he'd like to try using convex keycaps in their place. However, there is no longer a sufficient number of convex keycaps in the kit to cover an ErgoDox thumb cluster.

Edit: So I recommend adding four 1u dark blue convex keycaps and two 1u light blue convex keycaps (some Grid Planck users may want to have the entire middle 4u section of the bottom row be blue).
« Last Edit: Tue, 25 April 2017, 14:06:17 by e_l_tang »

Offline pattulus

• RocketINK
[IC] YURI R1 GMK (Cherry profile)
« Reply #1228 on: Tue, 25 April 2017, 13:55:38 »

Show Image

Row 1 keycaps are just what he's currently using. He's saying that he'd like to try using convex keycaps in their place. However, there is no longer a sufficient number of convex keycaps in the kit to cover an ErgoDox thumb cluster.

To clarify things: I like to place the tallest keys available on the thumb cluster (like in the image above). So, if there are any Ergodox out there who find this useful, too, back me up. If you haven't tried it, I urge you to do so (= super convenient). If it doesn't happen, no worries.

Offline jebbra

• jebbra.net
« Reply #1229 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 00:48:18 »
Honestly I'd like to have accent keys for enter and esc on planck/preonic, which means 2x 1u R3 orange, but if you think this is too much a stretch, just leave it :thumb:

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #1230 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 15:08:22 »
Update.

Ergodox/planck kit
- Added the requested keys. Having options is always better and the added keys makes it only few bucks pricier. Anyway i prefer variety. I think this kit can also suit a planck with row 1.

Novelties
- Added ISO enter cosmonaut helmet novelty. Thanks for voting :)

Offline e_l_tang

« Reply #1231 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 15:57:14 »
Update.

Ergodox/planck kit
- Added the requested keys. Having options is always better and the added keys makes it only few bucks pricier. Anyway i prefer variety. I think this kit can also suit a planck with row 1.
Show Image

Novelties
Show Image

It looks like two dark blue convex keycaps are still missing for the ErgoDox thumb cluster, but other than that the kit is looking really good!

Offline mathiasn

« Reply #1232 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 16:01:23 »
Novelties
Show Image

Thanks for the ISO Enter Novelty!

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #1233 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 16:02:49 »
Update.

Ergodox/planck kit
Show Image

Novelties
Show Image

It looks like two dark blue convex keycaps are still missing for the ErgoDox thumb cluster, but other than that the kit is looking really good!

That should be no problem i'll add it with next update. The goal is to allow you to build that you desire ;)

Edit: like this right?
« Last Edit: Wed, 26 April 2017, 16:06:15 by T0mb3ry »

Offline e_l_tang

« Reply #1234 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 16:10:42 »
Update.

Ergodox/planck kit
Show Image

Novelties
Show Image

That should be no problem i'll add it with next update. The goal is to allow you to build that you desire ;)

Show Image

Perfect!

Offline ski_

« Reply #1235 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 16:28:28 »
Update.

Ergodox/planck kit
Show Image

Novelties
Show Image

Show Image

Perfect!
+1.
I love the addition options this provides the ergodox.  Can't wait!  :-)

« Reply #1236 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 21:56:55 »
So freaking excited.... May needs to get here sooner!!!!

Offline palindrome

« Reply #1237 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 23:25:23 »
Hey T0m, will you consider adding the Apple Command key for the mod kit?  Would love to have a complete Apple mod grouping for this set. Thanks!

OG KBC Poker X (Brown)     Leopold FC660M (Brown)

Offline ricyuyc

« Reply #1238 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 23:40:01 »
Update.

Ergodox/planck kit
Show Image

Novelties
Show Image

Show Image

The additional keys on ergodox kit are really great, could you reserve half of those vertical 2u(row2) keys as blank?

Offline Terceler

« Reply #1239 on: Thu, 27 April 2017, 00:09:28 »

Novelties
Show Image

Question for people familiar with how GMK does their larger key profiles:

The "R3" 2U vertical keys are they a different profile from the "R2" 2U verical keys (e.g. in the Ergodox kit) or the numpad + and Enter keys.

I like to have my Ergodox thumb keys be two different profiles so I can feel the difference between them and I'm wondering if that means I should get the Novelties kit for 2 extra different 2U profile keys.

Offline jebbra

• jebbra.net
« Reply #1240 on: Thu, 27 April 2017, 01:43:04 »
Damn that DoxPlanck kit is ENORMOUS :p Thank you t0m!

Hey T0m, will you consider adding the Apple Command key for the mod kit?  Would love to have a complete Apple mod grouping for this set. Thanks!

It's already discussed and the conclusion is this kit will be OS free, means there will be no winkey or command key neither. I'm with you about the command key but having no winkey is already a solution for us  ;)

Offline palindrome

« Reply #1241 on: Thu, 27 April 2017, 08:14:47 »
Ah, I see what you mean. I hadn't noticed the Win key was removed as well. It's a good compromise although I do selfishly wish the Command key is included. :)

OG KBC Poker X (Brown)     Leopold FC660M (Brown)

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #1242 on: Thu, 27 April 2017, 13:18:52 »
Nothing new but just updated the ergodox/planck kit on the front page.

At this point i'd like to say all kits are finalized, which means i do not take any suggestions. I might do some fixes but no more significant changes.

Sorry not this time.

Novelties
Show Image

The "R3" 2U vertical keys are they a different profile from the "R2" 2U verical keys (e.g. in the Ergodox kit) or the numpad + and Enter keys.

I like to have my Ergodox thumb keys be two different profiles so I can feel the difference between them and I'm wondering if that means I should get the Novelties kit for 2 extra different 2U profile keys.

Yes + and enter are different. However i would not do that, since enter is pretty weird profile and we got already so much new stuff its already beyond good and evil. At this point its just enough. There was nothing like this before.

Offline yokken

« Reply #1243 on: Thu, 27 April 2017, 15:46:59 »
Seeing that the kits are likely finalized gives me excitement. This can't come soon enough!

Offline tinyprawn

« Reply #1244 on: Thu, 27 April 2017, 21:04:11 »
Sorry about being impatient and not reading the 25 full pages ... why is this taking so long to get to the group buy phase?  It's attracting a huge following and I think as soon as it hits a GB site, it'll clear MOQ for the main kit.  Ergo will probably pass eventually. 

HYPE and et cetera.

Offline Jedi

« Reply #1245 on: Thu, 27 April 2017, 21:43:23 »
Sorry about being impatient and not reading the 25 full pages ... why is this taking so long to get to the group buy phase?  It's attracting a huge following and I think as soon as it hits a GB site, it'll clear MOQ for the main kit.  Ergo will probably pass eventually. 

HYPE and et cetera.

This drop is already in the pipeline.  There were many items that T0mb3ry and the community worked on for this set that were not completely finalized.  This set has compatibility now for many more keyboards now due in part to the long interest check.  The plan to go to group buy phase has been in place since day 1 but a good well thought out interest check is critical in making kits hit MOQ.  Bear in mind there have been many many sets that went to group buy phase (nearly three or four a month) so timing this group buy was also a factor.

Look at it this way, only a few more weeks to go right?

Offline e_l_tang

« Reply #1246 on: Thu, 27 April 2017, 23:21:07 »
Nothing new but just updated the ergodox/planck kit on the front page.

At this point i'd like to say all kits are finalized, which means i do not take any suggestions. I might do some fixes but no more significant changes.

Sorry not this time.

Novelties
Show Image

Yes + and enter are different. However i would not do that, since enter is pretty weird profile and we got already so much new stuff its already beyond good and evil. At this point its just enough. There was nothing like this before.
Of course the 2u keycaps in the space bar kit are going to be convex, correct?

Offline Terceler

« Reply #1247 on: Fri, 28 April 2017, 01:36:32 »

Novelties
Show Image

Cool, thanks for the answer!

I will probably still purchase the novelties kit regardless because it looks so nice! If I switch back to fullsize keyboard.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #1248 on: Sat, 29 April 2017, 02:35:41 »
Of course the 2u keycaps in the space bar kit are going to be convex, correct?
Sure ;)

Novelties
Show Image

Cool, thanks for the answer!

I will probably still purchase the novelties kit regardless because it looks so nice! If I switch back to fullsize keyboard.

Sorry i totaly missed the context. Sure you can use the vertical enters from novelties with ergodox keys. (the ergodox vertical keys are same shape/row as +). However before you invest money try it out with some cheap cherry set. As i said the enter is quite odd profile but it fits the numpad well. In case of ergodox someone has to try it out first and make his own opinion about it.

HYPE and et cetera.

This Set introduces many new things which needed it time. Also rushing sets is always bad idea.

Offline crapybara

• Pic_Source: www.rainforest-alliance.org/species
« Reply #1249 on: Sat, 29 April 2017, 11:42:48 »
Will the Cyrillic keycaps be available in the anticipated May drop?