Author Topic: Can we talk about SA  (Read 27495 times)

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
Re: Can we talk about SA
« Reply #100 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 09:49:07 »
****ing seriously. Get with G20 and stop being a waste of everyone's time.

Most underrated comment.

Everyone has an opinion. I personally agree, SA looks pretty but typing on it blows. But that's my opinion. o p i n i o n.
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #101 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 10:22:51 »
I've never actually spent any time on a G20 board so I cant say. I do like XDA though as I have pretty big hands and it seems to work well.

By far my favorite feeling set of SA caps is the Elven one that I got from senin32's groupbuy they're PBT and rounded off a bit. They're super soft feeling - I just have to work up a shine I guess.

-Dana

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #102 on: Wed, 06 December 2017, 18:09:34 »
^ follow up to my set from sennin32... its 2,2,3,3,3

-Dana

Offline KaidaT

• I'm new to keybs, but also excited??
« Reply #103 on: Mon, 14 May 2018, 00:41:19 »
To be fair, you have to have a very high WPM to understand the SA keysets. The feel is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical typing, most of the keystrokes will go over a typical keeb'ers head. There's also MiTo's superior designing, which is deftly woven into SA's characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from K3's cap making, for instance. The SA fans understand this stuff; they have the typing capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these keysets, to realize that they're not just "a keyset"- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike SA keysets truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the feeling of clackery in MiTo's existencial catchphrase "MiTo signing off, goodbye Geekhack," which itself is a cryptic reference to the terror that SA owners had to live in, during the "DCS time". I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Pulse's genius design unfolds itself under their fingers. What fools... how I pity them. 😂 And yes by the way, I DO have a Godspeed tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the clackers' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 WPM of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.  :rolleyes:

Oh my goodness hahaha

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #104 on: Mon, 14 May 2018, 00:54:56 »

Show Image

Show Image

WOW!

Totally missed that one. What maker is behind those caps?

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #105 on: Mon, 14 May 2018, 01:22:33 »

Show Image

Show Image

WOW!

Totally missed that one. What maker is behind those caps?

Holy frijoles! The Elvish set looks fantastic :) (dye-sub pbt sa eh? bonus)

Offline portbaron

« Reply #106 on: Tue, 15 May 2018, 15:33:24 »
****ing seriously. Get with G20 and stop being a waste of everyone's time.
G20's alright, but then I discovered I could plug my laptop into my PC and use that keyboard. Endgame achieved.
| LIVING THE 1800 LIFE |

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #107 on: Tue, 15 May 2018, 16:29:27 »
Can people please stop. I mean just fkn stop.

Going into every thread about a keyset "why not SA?" "Can you do it in SA"

SA ****ing blows.

vvvv Animated demonstration of SA on MX vvvv

Show Image

Just like every keyboard now, if it isn't 65% everyone begs for the maker to change to 65%. I think we've made enough 65s let's go back to making cool 60% boards ;_;

Offline billm

« Reply #108 on: Tue, 15 May 2018, 16:33:23 »
The only thing wrong with SA is they're not tall and spherical ENOUGH.
If it's not ALPS it's crap!

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #109 on: Tue, 15 May 2018, 16:45:41 »
Vintage is en vogue ATM. So it goes

Offline DALExSNAIL

• The User Formerly Known as 'Formerly DudeSnail'
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #110 on: Wed, 16 May 2018, 06:25:21 »

I'll end you my guy.

Offline zslane

« Reply #111 on: Wed, 16 May 2018, 12:16:18 »

I agree with the not spherical enough part, but I think they are plenty tall enough.

Offline haydoselefantes

« Reply #112 on: Thu, 31 May 2018, 12:30:06 »
Two years ago, I was a normal person who used a mechanical keyboard because of RSI. Seeing photos of SA caps flung me off the precipice down this rabbit hole.

Once I finally got my hands on a set, i couldn’t even make it through a half day typing on them. I still think they look great though.

Offline DirtyMonkey43

« Reply #113 on: Wed, 06 June 2018, 22:34:13 »
I actually really enjoy SA, but I agree that every set does not need ran in it

Offline BestShuckleNA

• はあちゃまっちゃま~!
« Reply #114 on: Wed, 06 June 2018, 23:17:05 »
Yeah I swapped recently to hfo from SA Lime and I gotta say I feel like I type faster and it's a lot more comfortable :shrug:

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Offline ramblinrose

« Reply #115 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 06:20:58 »
I dig my set! Fun to type on.

Offline dankdesire

« Reply #116 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 06:45:52 »
For me SA is just way too high, not sure if a really low board and case would help. DSA all the way

Offline nativejibroney22

• I enjoy keyboards as well as making artisans
« Reply #117 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 10:42:26 »
Am I the only one that didn't have trouble typing on SA? I was surprised that people had trouble, I understand it but I didn't fall into that. SA is probably the reason I really dove into this hobby with how they completely change how a board looks and nothing really compares to them. If a better spherical layout comes out (and actually looks pretty) then I may cross over, but till that day I am going to try and get my favorite color ways into SA lol.

Offline pnkpanther65

« Reply #118 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 10:45:32 »
Am I the only one that didn't have trouble typing on SA? I was surprised that people had trouble, I understand it but I didn't fall into that. SA is probably the reason I really dove into this hobby with how they completely change how a board looks and nothing really compares to them. If a better spherical layout comes out (and actually looks pretty) then I may cross over, but till that day I am going to try and get my favorite color ways into SA lol.
So I had no issue with SA until recently.
Typing on linears: SA is fine for me. But when switching to a tactile switch; I can't stand em. Having the bump at the top of the keypress makes the wobble way worse for me and I end up double pressing way more often.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Offline DALExSNAIL

• * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #119 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 10:51:11 »

SA Is a meme

Offline nativejibroney22

« Reply #120 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 10:54:46 »

SA Is a meme
You misspelled "gorgeous" sir

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Offline dankdesire

« Reply #121 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 10:55:26 »
Typing on linears: SA is fine for me. But when switching to a tactile switch; I can't stand em. Having the bump at the top of the keypress makes the wobble way worse for me and I end up double pressing way more often.

I have to try SA on linear, cause I hated them on tactiles

Offline nativejibroney22

« Reply #122 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 10:56:05 »

That's really interesting. I've never even considered that as a possibility. Do you think that would be remedied with some box tactiles?

Offline pnkpanther65

« Reply #123 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 11:01:06 »

That's really interesting. I've never even considered that as a possibility. Do you think that would be remedied with some box tactiles?

Lol fug that I just made Zandas.

But idk stability wise maybe but not height wise. I'mma just switch to cherry profile for tactile boards.
And for all boards I'm actually using eventually.

Offline DALExSNAIL

• * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #124 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 11:12:40 »

SA Is a meme

Form over function, smh

Offline nativejibroney22

« Reply #125 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 11:13:37 »

SA Is a meme

Form over function, smh
Ay, like I said, functions just fine for me! Haha

Offline HOBI3CAT

• FraktalKaps.com
    • Fraktal Kaps Website
« Reply #126 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 11:14:57 »
For general use, I like SA the best. It is comfortable for me, and looks fantastic. But for intense typing sessions, Cherry is the best imo.
But SA is bae
Eat, Sleep, Resin, Repeat.

Offline zslane

« Reply #127 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 12:34:38 »
SA is pretty much all I type on. I use them with MX-compatible Topre switches and I love the combination.

Sometimes I use DSA with small keyboards like my Vortex Pok3rs.

I also really like MT3 (/dev/tty), which I combine with MX-compatible Topre switches as well.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #128 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 12:52:58 »
SA is tall, so it's good for taller people.

Offline forstsiven

« Reply #129 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 13:21:45 »
SA is pretty much all I type on. I use them with MX-compatible Topre switches and I love the combination.

I also really like MT3 (/dev/tty), which I combine with MX-compatible Topre switches as well.

How's the tactility compare to using the stock topre keycaps? Feel isn't ruined, is it?

Offline DALExSNAIL

• * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #130 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 13:27:34 »
SA is tall, so it's good for taller people.

Are they green too?

Offline DALExSNAIL

• * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #131 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 13:28:05 »

How's the tactility compare to using the stock topre keycaps? Feel isn't ruined, is it?

He almost exclusively uses SA, he isnt gonna tell you the feel is ruined.

Offline floatingskull

« Reply #132 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 13:33:38 »
I think SA is fun to type on but I like XDA a lot too which is totally different. My biggest complaint about SA is that is can be harder to mix and match keys due to row height and making a vomit keeb has been tricky due to variable row height in different manufacturers. XDA is super straight-forward (the keylluminati XDA cap can go in any row) and the flat landscape makes it really easy to type on, I like the big flat surface.

Offline zslane

« Reply #133 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 14:30:51 »

To be honest I've never tried to compare. With every TMX keyboard I've ever bought, I immediately pulled off the stock caps and put on SA sets. Since I can't stand cylindrical keycaps, I would never know how they feel on Topre switches. With that in mind, I can only say that I really like the feel of Topre's tactility with SA (and MT3).