Author Topic: [IC] MIAMI DOLCH - DSA [DROPS MAY 1ST]  (Read 114075 times)

Offline MacGruber117

[IC] MIAMI DOLCH - DSA [DROPS MAY 1ST]
« on: Wed, 18 May 2016, 23:19:56 »
THIS IS MY FIRST INTEREST CHECK AND I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'M DOING. HERE IS MIAMI DOLCH...

MASSDROP POLL
https://www.massdrop.com/vote/DSA-MIAMI-DOLCH-Keyset

TAKE MY POLL!!!!!
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1lIjGDgssZoiZTJeuxTfUILVpF4st_lkgkqjUvRuTUjs/viewform

ADDED 06.02.16

NEW RENDERS

NEW RENDER BROUGHT TO YOU BY /u/thesiscamper

OLD RENDERS!!!

More

ALL RENDERS ARE BROUGHT TO YOU BY /u/Zambumon

More
FIRST RENDER:

ADDED 06.02.16 (Created by /u/B1G_BIRD)

BASE KIT:

UPDATED 04.29.17

TKL MODIFIER KIT:

UPDATED 04.29.17

60% MODIFIER KIT:

UPDATED 04.29.17

WHITEFOX, 65%, 75% MODIFIER KIT:

UPDATED 04.29.17

TSANGAN/COLEMAK/MINIVAN/JD45/WTF KIT:

UPDATED 04.29.17

NUMPAD KIT:

UPDATED 04.29.17

UK KIT:

UPDATED 04.29.17

ISO KIT:
REMOVED 08.18.16

Alt ISO Return KIT:

ADDED 07.02.16

NON STANDARD KIT:
REMOVED 08.21.16
SPLIT INTO WHITEFOX AND TSANGAN KITS

INTERNATIONAL KIT:

UPDATED 04.29.17

ERGODOX KIT:

UPDATED 04.29.17

40% ORTHO KIT:

UPDATED 04.29.17

WINDOWS KIT:

UPDATED 04.29.17

BONUS KIT:

UPDATED 04.29.17

ACCENT KIT - MIAMI:

ACCENT KIT - VICE:

UPDATED 08.18.16

NOVELTY KIT - BASE/MIAMI/VICE:

UPDATED 04.29.17
WILL BE SOLD AS 3 DIFFERENT KITS

MACRO KIT:

UPDATED 08.18.16
VE.A Spacebars moved to Spacebar Kit to be sold as a pair

HOMING KIT:

UPDATED 06.02.16

FORUMS KIT:

UPDATED 04.29.17

BLANK KIT:

UPDATED 04.29.17

SPACEBAR KITS:

UPDATED 08.21.16
WILL BE SOLD IN THE FOLLOWING KITS: VE.A, 3u, 6.25u, 6.5u, and 7u

ALT SPACEBAR KIT:
REMOVED 08.21.16

60% LAYOUT:

UPDATED 04.29.17

75% LAYOUT:

UPDATED 04.29.17

PLANCK LAYOUT:

UPDATED 04.29.17

FULLSIZE LAYOUT (Base Kit + 60% Mods + TKL Mods + Numpad Kit + Accent Kit):

UPDATED 04.29.17

COLOR CHIPS:

ADDED 08.21.16
PLASTIC CHIPS TAKEN FROM SP's WEBSITE, WILL BUY MY OWN SOON

WORKLOG:
05.18.16 - Initial IC
05.21.16 - Ergodox advice requested
05.24.16 - Updated 75% layout, added Planck kit/layout, updated Bonus and Homing Kits
06.02.16 - Updated a good number of kits and added my first render (Thanks /u/B1G_B1RD)
06.11.16 - Updated most kits and added more than few new ones
06.16.16 - Updated a few kits and finally ran out of ideas for novelties
07.02.16 - Updated the Novelties Kit to what is hopefully the final version. Switched a few keys around and split a few kits. Going to get more renders soon!

TO DO LIST:
-3D Render (PM me if you do renders of DSA profile)
-Finish Ergodox Kit-Change Ergodox and add Planck Kit
-Add more 2D layouts
-Update Forums Kit
-Add 6.5u spacebar
-Add Windows Kit
-Get pricing/timeline info
-Other suggestions/requests

06.02.16 UPDATE SUMMARY
More
So, after getting lots of feedback here is my first update. I added a 6.5u spacebar to the base kit as to not alienate the corsair users (let me know if it should be in a different kit). I eliminated duplicate keys like the extra escape keys in the numpad kit and some keys in the homing kit. I gave an overhaul to the ergodox kit. Everyone's help with that is greatly appreciated, let me know if this kit is an improvement. I added more blanks to the kit but now i'm wondering if I should just have a blanks kit for those pink/blue keys (thoughts?). The bonus kit added a few new keys as well as absorbing keys from the eliminated gamer kit.The novelties kit added many more keys and I have many more ideas that I haven't added yet. I may be going a little crazy on this kit, so could I get some feedback on what you guys like/dislike so I can rein that kit in a bit. And I added my first render, thanks to my friend /u/B1G_B1RD :) THANKS EVERYONE! p.s. I also added a logo thing, seems like people do that....

06.11.16 UPDATE SUMMARY
More
Based on various comments most of the kits received an update. The Ergodox Kit has become the most challenging and I hope to hear more input on this latest update. The international kit was reduced to match the Hana International Kit, and  redundant keys have been eliminated from the ISO Kit. A 2.25u shift key was added to Non Standard Kit to accommodate leopold and clueboard users, let me know if there are additional keys needed. New kits were added to the Planck Kit including 2u Enter and Shift keys. The Novelties Kit lost the green and orange keys and gained new novelties, please let me know which are your favorite and if there is a theme you think I should be following. Those were the more notable updates. As far as NEW KITS, I added a Windows Kit, a Blank Kit, an Alt Spacebars Kit and a Macro/VE.A Kit. Some one had asked to include two unusually sized spacebars for the VE.A keyboard and I discovered that that board actually has 10 macro keys. I decided to create a whole new kit thinking that macros might be interesting for more than just VE.A users. Let me know if I'm wrong and I can add the spacebars to the Blank Kit or something. I've also rearranged a few kits into new groupings. The Bonus Kit was becoming rather large to I split it up into a smaller Bonus Kit and an Accent Kit. The Accent kit contains all of the pink/blue keys that were included in the previous Bonus Kit. The Spacebar Kit was reduced to just 3u, 6.5u, and 7u spacebars and I'm envisioning them being sold individually during the GB. Thanks for reading and remember COMMENT, COMMENT, COMMENT I love hearing from everyone! :)

P.S. The Ergodox Kit now has more 1u keys included with the standard 'HYPER' 'SUPER' and 'META' legends. I wanted to do sort of a unique one for the kit so I added 'ERGODOX.' There were a few other ideas I had like 'FRENZY' 'DOX' 'MIAMI' and a few other synonyms of the typical 3. Let me know if you have any other ideas for the legend on that 4th 1u key.

06.16.16 UPDATE SUMMARY
More
The following kits have been updated:

Bonus Kit
Accent Kit
Macros Kit
Non Standard Kit
Spacebars Kit
Alt Spacebars Kit

AND

Novelties Kit, I think I finally ran out of ideas for the novelties and I'm going to put up a survey soon to help me finalize this kit.

07.02.16 UPDATE SUMMARY
More
Lots of kits have been switched up in this update. The main update though is the new Novelties Kit that has been revised according to the poll I posted and advice from this thread. I've reduced the number of novelties in the kit, added 1.25u novelty keys, and split them into 3 kits. There will be a black, pink, and blue kit. I did this because selling them all together would most definitely make the kit EXTREMELY expensive, and because I've also decided to split up the Accent Kit so you can choose the color theme of your board without having to buy extra keys. It was recommended to me that I split up the ISO and UK kits and I created an Alt ISO kit for now because I don't know if selling 3 of the return keys together will be too expensive, but I hate to leave out a major part of the accent kit for ISO users. Other than that it was just moving a few keys around here and there, changing the symbols on the Numpad Kit, nothing too crazy. I did add a fullsize layout to the mix just because I feel like they get a bit neglected and I think the layout with accents looks dope ;)  UNTIL NEXT TIME!

07.25.16 UPDATE SUMMARY
More
First off, I'm sorry I haven't been responding frequently in this thread. Usually nothing gives me more pleasure than answering questions, but between work and moving I've just been super busy. This update is easy, LOOK AT THOSE BEAUTIFUL REDNERS! Special shout out to /u/Zambumon for making them for me. I have 2 kits I need to update, but then we're taking this baby to the MassDrop polls!

08.18.16 UPDATE SUMMARY
More
So now that we've made it through the Massdrop polling I'm focusing more on the efficiency of the kits. Looking at the Amazing Chocolatier drop, I realized it might be a good idea to split the alphas and mods in the base kit to make it cheaper for people with non standard layouts. The new kits are my first shot at splitting up the kits and some keys had to be added to some kits. Please help me by double checking my work! The novelty kits were expanded by a few more keys. I'm planning them being sold in 3 separate kits. I'll make sure to keep everyone updated if I hear any news. Until next time :-*

08.21.16 UPDATE SUMMARY
More
This update may seem a little scary to some because of the way the kits have been chopped up, but I promise it's going to benefit everyone. After my last update to make the kits more efficient, I was pointed towards the DSA Overcast group buy. I don't know how I didn't use this as inspiration before, but it helped me change the way I viewed the kits. It may seem like you're buying extra because there are so many kits, but the new kits are very good at keeping people from buying keys they probably don't need. I'm typing on a 75% board right now and I have a bunch of extra keys sitting in bags next to me because I needed to buy a 25 key kit just to get 4 keys out of it to complete my board. I'm not claiming to have reduced the amount of extra keys to 0, but what extra keys you do have won't be excessive. Take a look at the DSA Overcast group buy if you want to see how the prices break down for similar kits if you want to get an idea of how much mine will cost. An important kit split to note is the Non Standard Kit has been removed, and broken up into the Whitefox, 65%, 75% Kit and Tsangan Kit. Please help me review them and let me know if there need to be any changes. When you're reviewing those kits you may notice the Whitefox novelty key. With the popularity of this board and knowing several people who bought one in the last drop, I asked Matt3o and got his blessing to use the Whitefox logo. YAY! I'm going to wait to hear if anything needs to be changed, then I'll be sending these kits off to SP to get some more sold kit pricing information. Have a wonderful Sunday! :)

We're in the queue! Now I'm just waiting on a more defined schedule and I'll continue to finalize the kits
Thanks Everyone ;D

03.22.17 UPDATE SUMMARY

I have begun working with Massdrop to produce this set, and will be commenting with new info as I receive it. Thanks for the support everyone!

04.25.17 UPDATE SUMMARY

This is a new render from /u/thesiscamper for the Massdrop email announcement that will be going out soon! After seeing seeing this new render, it really helped me better visualize how this set with look on a keeb, so there has been a slight COLOR CHANGE. Don't worry, I think this is for the best. The background on the mods will be changing from NN to GX. NN is a pure black color and I think it creates too much of a contrast between the mods and alphas. In sticking more closely with its Dolch roots, the mods will become GX (the original DSA Dolch mod color). For real life reference images, check out DSA Dolch to get a sense of the mods. For the alphas, take a look at SA Calm Depths.

Thanks for the support, and keep an eye out for the Massdrop announcement coming soon! ;D

04.25.17 UPDATE SUMMARY

In the process of updating the kit colors. If any kits still have the black mods it just means they needed photoshop and I'm still working on it.
Thanks!

« Last Edit: Sun, 30 April 2017, 13:04:05 by MacGruber117 »
I want to buy your ETF and Garbo Pusses. PM me

Offline honeynugget

• /u/honeynugget on reddit
Re: [IC] MIAMI DOLCH - DSA Keyset
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 18 May 2016, 23:21:58 »
Not a fan of DSA but this looks fantastic

Offline nickysan92

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 18 May 2016, 23:24:50 »
I agree with the reply above. Not really a fan of DSA profile but I would jump on this if it's GMK or DCS.

Offline gain

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 18 May 2016, 23:28:13 »
I like dsa
looks nice too
I'd be keen  :thumb:

Offline B1G_B1RD

• * Maker
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 18 May 2016, 23:35:16 »
Very good looking set. I'm a fan of the DSA Profile. Would love to see this happen.

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 18 May 2016, 23:37:55 »
Seems pretty attractive to all the salty losers in the Miami nights buy.
 :))
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline Mattc777

• Lost Keys
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 00:13:20 »
Would definitely be in for this!   :thumb:

Offline Parod

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 00:30:40 »
Awesome, my favorite part about this is that it isn't SA  ;)

I would love to get this set

Offline ctrlX

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 01:04:51 »
Oh nice! Usually I don't like bright pastel colours, but since it's pink on dark grey I am most definitely interested. I already have granite set, so I'd prefer a profile that is not DSA. I'll pass if it will be SA too. Any other profile and I'm game! 😃

Offline zoomwalt

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 01:27:35 »
This is brilliant. Would buy.

Offline Floody

• Formerly Flood
  • But is it?
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 01:30:54 »
Any chance of providing a set that will fill only a Planck like how Nantucket did?

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 01:31:56 »
I like DSA & Miami :D

Now I just have to see if I like you or if you'll just be here to promote your keyset ;)

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 01:40:20 »
YAAAAAASSS !!!

Offline Glenmael

« Reply #13 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 01:44:54 »
KEEN!

<3

Offline TeeBaginDragon

« Reply #14 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 02:00:37 »
This looks amazing!  A lil hesitant about DSA but any other profile I'd jump on this in a heartbeat!
CODE Clears 87

Offline Pwner

• * Maker
  • soon™
    • Ion Keyboards
« Reply #15 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 02:03:05 »
HOMING KIT:
Show Image

^THE KEYS SOME HOW LOST THE HOMING DISH

There's probably an easier way, but what I do is PrintScreen the KLE screen and crop with Photoshop.  That will keep the homing dish intact.
Ion | Keycult | Instagram

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 02:27:10 »
looks great. +1 for DSA profile

Offline popkorn62

• No keyboards for old men
    • Mekibo
« Reply #17 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 04:04:33 »
Please be sth else other than DSA :(
==============
https://mekibo.com/

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #18 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 05:45:18 »
Oh hey, this is the colorway that Miami Nights should have been in the first place. Looks good. Shame it's DSA though.  :(

Offline MacGruber117

« Reply #19 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 05:45:38 »
Any chance of providing a set that will fill only a Planck like how Nantucket did?

Yeah definitely! I've been looking at the REBEL - SA set and was guess people would want me to do something like that. In my next update i'll include a planck set and a better looking ergodox set. The standard alphas would also become a separate set then right?

Offline MacGruber117

« Reply #20 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 05:52:14 »
Awesome, my favorite part about this is that it isn't SA  ;)

I would love to get this set

haha yes this will 100% NEVER become an SA set. I'm kind of following the lead of Hyperfuse going to DSA, if this set was GMK it would just be Sky Dolch with different modifiers

Offline MacGruber117

« Reply #21 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 05:58:24 »
I agree with the reply above. Not really a fan of DSA profile but I would jump on this if it's GMK or DCS.

I don't want to be too quick jumping to GMK, I think this set would just become Sky Dolch with different mods if I did that. DCS is a possibility, I have the Green Tea set and I do love my flipped spacebar.....

Offline WOMBO

« Reply #22 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 06:24:13 »
pretty nice colorway but most importantly, not another SA set that takes over half a year to deliver so I'm definitely on board

Offline Malenky

« Reply #23 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 06:26:58 »
Really don't like DSA, but I'd possibly be interested if it was GMK or some other Cherry profile manufacturer.

Offline sircheddar

« Reply #24 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 07:33:38 »
I can say that I'm down as long as it is gmk or dsa.
" I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. "

Offline qwack

« Reply #25 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 07:36:22 »
I don't want to be too quick jumping to GMK, I think this set would just become Sky Dolch with different mods if I did that. DCS is a possibility, I have the Green Tea set and I do love my flipped spacebar.....

Can't see it being a bad thing  :D

Love the colorway, not too fond of DSA. DCS would be an improvement, and GMK would be even better.

Pure Pro w/MX Red - [review]

Offline Krytone

• * Maker
  • ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
    • Krap Shop
« Reply #26 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 08:07:49 »
i want this for my ergodox specifically so im down with DSA  :thumb:
TGR Jane CE | TX-CP | ZZ96 | HHKB | Ducky Shine 3 | Atreus | Infinity Ergodox | IBM Model M | Smart Pad | Taobao Acrylic 96 | TGR910 SE | RGB96 | M4-A | Moon

Pending: Exent | EM7 | M-60 | Kira EXS | 910 Poly | Kn210 | Alice

Offline mind_funeral

• savior of lost fortunes
« Reply #27 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 08:18:37 »
I think the alternate dark backslash key (under backspace) should have a pink legend to match the dark modifiers.  Other than that, I love the set!
Poker II.3 with Gateron Browns and SIP sockets,  Midnight/Twilight DCS
KBP V60 with Gateron Clears, EnjoyPBT Cyrillics
Topre Type Heaven

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 08:19:36 »
Great set!  I'd be in for DSA.
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 May 2016, 08:21:27 by chuckdee »

Offline Meowsaur

• I don't like that.
« Reply #29 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 08:25:28 »
I am a fan of this.
Subtly crimped hair as opposed to a full blown mullet.

Offline bbrotha

« Reply #30 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 08:27:48 »

I still think it would be good as GMK, mostly for the accent keys and color configuration. In for DCS as second best.
Norbaforce 87U 45g  -- HHKB Type S Blanks-- Kira Keyboard -- M65-A -- Novatouch

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #31 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 08:38:32 »
How on earth is this in anyway dolch?
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #32 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 08:44:58 »

Dolch base colors?

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #33 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 08:47:12 »

Dolch base colors?

DOLCH is a color way.

That's like doing orange on red and calling it red alert.

Offline qwack

« Reply #34 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 08:51:31 »
Heck, and Miami is a city, what's the damn link with a keyset ?!

This one is called Miami Dolch because it borrows from both colorways, that's all.

Offline Jedi

« Reply #35 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 08:56:46 »
I think if this was DSA and SP this set would have a good chance of running and getting produced in 4 months.  You've definitely nailed the profile man.  Let's see where this goes.

Offline Nickjames

« Reply #36 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 09:07:04 »
I like it, haven't had DSA keycaps but I'll try anything new.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #37 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 09:13:02 »
Do it with GMK and you will have a winner.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #38 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 09:25:10 »
As someone who doesn't really care for Dolch or Miami colorways, I'm surprised I like this as much as I do.  If this went to GMK I would definitely be interested!
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #39 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 09:34:43 »

This one is called Miami Dolch because it borrows from both colorways, that's all.

Don't be a smart ass kid

Offline MacGruber117

« Reply #40 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 09:35:47 »

Yes^

Offline robotmaxtron

« Reply #41 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 09:45:55 »
-1 to DSA.
+1 to GMK or DCS.
Big +1 to having the additional 1u numpad keys like tab and esc.

The only thing I might change is including something like a Windows icon key in the bonus pack.

Offline BigTinz

« Reply #42 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 09:51:52 »
Looks awesome!  :thumb:

Since you're offering a non-standard pack you should definitely offer 6.5u space bars. These keys would look great on a Corsair RGB and it would be a mistake not to include that demographic.

Offline TheMissingPiece

• TheAverageOne
« Reply #43 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 10:08:22 »
I always wanted a DSA Miami keyset. I would've preferred the full colors, but this looks good too. Hell, maybe I'll like it more.

Offline fine_italian_leather

« Reply #44 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 10:18:26 »
Looks great. Would def buy.

Offline grav3serker

• graves + berserker = grav3serker
« Reply #45 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 11:17:41 »
Definitely interested! Nice contrast of dark and bright. :thumb:

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Offline qazeqaz

« Reply #46 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 11:18:33 »
I assume it will look almost identical to Sky Dolch? Except Pink in the mods?

Offline MacGruber117

« Reply #47 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 12:30:16 »

Yeah in a way, which is one reason why I'm hesitant to make it a GMK set.

Offline qwack

« Reply #48 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 12:33:17 »
IMO the pink legend on mods and the appropriate choice of extra keys are enough to differentiate this set from Sky Dolch.

Offline qazeqaz

« Reply #49 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 12:36:16 »

Yeah in a way, which is one reason why I'm hesitant to make it a GMK set.

I mean I am not trying to bash it at all. If it is DSA count me in for sure! SA would be cool too but that is because I do not own any of those profile caps.