Author Topic: What did you add to your Keyboard today? - Post Your Pics  (Read 4576852 times)

Offline Solo

• Unreal
Re: What did you add to your Keyboard today? - Post Your Pics
« Reply #9300 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 19:22:53 »
Show Image

What's that mysterious white substance on the black skull?

Sometimes people get excited and things burst out...

Offline E3E

« Reply #9301 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 20:19:35 »
Is there a "what did you build today" thread? Because, I think this isn't exactly a keyboard addition, but hey.

I made an MX-to-Alps adapter out of a styrene tube for something special

I also cut a 60% AEK plate for axtran

This is what a magnetized screw driver looks like when it meets a **** ton of ground steel dust

Looks like something from science class, right? :P

I should also say that I think the added height adapters give to MX caps on Alps switches is a little tacky, but if you have a favorite artisan or something you want to transplant, it's the best option until Alps artisans are more wide spread.
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 December 2015, 20:21:52 by E3E »

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #9302 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 20:24:32 »
Is there a "what did you build today" thread? Because, I think this isn't exactly a keyboard addition, but hey.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

This is what a magnetized screw driver looks like when it meets a **** ton of ground steel dust

Show Image

I should also say that I think the added height adapters give to MX caps on Alps switches is a little tacky, but if you have a favorite artisan or something you want to transplant, it's the best option until Alps artisans are more wide spread.

Nice!
I'm planning to do the same with my chicony plate
but it's gonna be a tkl, what I'm afraid is I cut too much that it won't properly fit in a case

so dremel is my best bet right?
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline E3E

« Reply #9303 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 20:37:07 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Nice!
I'm planning to do the same with my chicony plate
but it's gonna be a tkl, what I'm afraid is I cut too much that it won't properly fit in a case

so dremel is my best bet right?

That's what I used! With a cut-off disc designed for metal, it's not so bad, but it is still a bit of a PITA. It'll get the job done. A quick scan on some metal working forums recommended other tools like reciprocating saws, etc, but a dremel does just fine. That was also just for straight sheet metal. This is a bit different. I don't have the workspace to invest in the bigger stuff, so I didn't read too much on it. ^^;

Best thing to do is to get your dimensions off of another plate or get the dimensions for the case you want to use! Your concern is with good reason, but as long as you've got the dimensions or a template, you should be good!

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #9304 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 20:48:25 »

That's what I used! With a cut-off disc designed for metal, it's not so bad, but it is still a bit of a PITA. It'll get the job done. A quick scan on some metal working forums recommended other tools like reciprocating saws, etc, but a dremel does just fine. That was also just for straight sheet metal. This is a bit different. I don't have the workspace to invest in the bigger stuff, so I didn't read too much on it. ^^;

Best thing to do is to get your dimensions off of another plate or get the dimensions for the case you want to use! Your concern is with good reason, but as long as you've got the dimensions or a template, you should be good!

Problem is I'm still not sure which case I should go with
probably finding the perfect case would be my main concern for now, that way I can get the dimensions as you said

Thanks for the tips :)
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline E3E

« Reply #9305 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 20:56:26 »

Problem is I'm still not sure which case I should go with
probably finding the perfect case would be my main concern for now, that way I can get the dimensions as you said

Thanks for the tips :)

No problem! :)

Good luck on your search! I hope to see your build around here someday!

Offline E3E

« Reply #9306 on: Tue, 22 December 2015, 03:23:34 »
How does it feel? I imagine light but strong - I picked the first one up in his last GB.

Sorry, I missed this one!

Yep, it felt so surprisingly light. Only 24g per plate! It feels pretty much like typing on a steel plate, (ie, it's solid and rigid!) which is fascinating. I love typing on it!

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #9307 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 16:54:59 »
added some fruit to my board. :)

a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline Solo

• Unreal
« Reply #9308 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 16:58:39 »
Shameless X-Post

A green Realforce Esc.

Offline Dongulator

« Reply #9309 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 16:58:45 »
Just got this in the mail. Bad pic, but love the colors.

^-^

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #9310 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 19:54:10 »
Carbon SA on my Novatouch

Pics are by my sister, who is infinitely better with a camera than I am.

Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #9311 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 04:02:54 »
Shameless X-Post

A green Realforce Esc.

Show Image

Ooohhh you got a white FC660C!  Nice :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline cseng

« Reply #9312 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 11:51:17 »
japanese set from ivan's PBT GB.  thank you, ivan.  :-*

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Wow.

Offline xqwtz

« Reply #9313 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 17:54:16 »
Dropped the Christmas theme

Offline Solo

• Unreal
« Reply #9314 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 17:56:23 »
Shameless X-Post

A green Realforce Esc.

Show Image

Oh, hell yes. It's a beastly little board.  :cool:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #9315 on: Sun, 27 December 2015, 03:36:59 »
Shameless X-Post

A green Realforce Esc.

Show Image

Oh, hell yes. It's a beastly little board.  :cool:

If the white model had been available earlier, I might be typing on one of those now instead of my beloved HHKB :eek:
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #9316 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 08:13:31 »
New set from JTK mixed with the OG mods from GMK, along with a couple of random keys to fudge and ISO layout. Really nice set IMO just wish JTK would work on ISO stuff or blank key and maybe the finish, some excess plastic on the tops of caps where they were moudled. But damn I wish Miami 3 is made by JTK, SCOOPS!

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #9317 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 08:36:38 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

With Enjoy PBT Dye-Sub(A.K.A. Gateron Dye-Sub)

Show Image

and + GMK blue enter :)

How much do the enjoy pbt keycaps cost?

Offline simonyunhe

« Reply #9318 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 10:19:22 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

With Enjoy PBT Dye-Sub(A.K.A. Gateron Dye-Sub)

Show Image

and + GMK blue enter :)

How much do the enjoy pbt keycaps cost?
I bought it for $70 and the color theme is red on white + grey.
KeyBs:|RS96-Brown|GS-87-White|DIYer60-Red|VA68M-Brown|GS-ALT71-Blue|IKBC-108-Black|
KeyCs:|SA Carbon R1+2|SA Camping|SA Amazing Chocolatier|SA Commando 88 Ghost|SA Hyperfuse|SA Penumbra|SA Doom|SA Creamy Orange|SA Ocean Dolch|SA Lotus*72|SA Trouble Minds R2|DSA Granite|GMK TA|GMK Soware|XDA Mailstone|GM Ember|

Offline E3E

« Reply #9319 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 06:05:38 »

Maybe not today, but I did add Hebrew caps to my FAME. Tai Hao Alps doubleshots.

Refreshing.

Now the circle is complete! The FAME came with piss poor pad printed caps, ironically, since it is a Tai Hao board with an otherwise stellar build, while the APC TH-5539, a relative of the FAME, was utterly terrible in build quality, but had those awesome Hebrews in practically flawless condition.

Welp, I won't be typing on this one anymore.

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #9320 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 14:48:51 »
hyperfuse, breh

Offline Prelim

« Reply #9321 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 15:14:10 »
I think it's the first time I have enjoyed seeing Hyperfuse set, that case/wristrest turned the set amazing lol!!!
2x GH60 revC - lubed Linjärs 65g / lubed H1s 65g with SPRIT 5mm acrylic plate | Dolch PAC - Cherry housing / Gateron sliders 65g and QMK clips | Raptor K1 G80-1890 stock 
Floating on Cherry/GMK caps - White on Black, Classic Beige, Dolch, Olivetti, Alcatel MMK, Hellgrau

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #9322 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 15:36:46 »
I think it's the first time I have enjoyed seeing Hyperfuse set, that case/wristrest turned the set amazing lol!!!

Thanks.

I was surprised the paintwork matched so well, it was all painted to go with my broset

Offline JiveMasterT

« Reply #9323 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 21:41:04 »
I recently had to downsize my desk... like... a lot. So now my travel board is my main board. Today I gave my Pok3r a TEX aluminum base and some RGB key caps.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #9324 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 03:54:23 »
I recently had to downsize my desk... like... a lot. So now my travel board is my main board. Today I gave my Pok3r a TEX aluminum base and some RGB key caps.

Show Image

Show Image

Er, the left Alt is in the wrong place :confused:

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #9325 on: Mon, 18 January 2016, 13:30:49 »

Show Image

Show Image

Er, the left Alt is in the wrong place :confused:

He commented on that in the Post Your Poker thread.  ;)

The mod keys are reversed because I'm on a Mac.

Offline GL1TCH3D

• Audiophile, tea lover and now keyboard hugger!
« Reply #9326 on: Mon, 18 January 2016, 13:37:01 »
I think it will be pretty obvious

http://imgur.com/a/DV9dc

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #9327 on: Mon, 18 January 2016, 13:38:25 »

Damn those Boopers are purdy, I was expecting to see some watermelon keys though. :p
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline GL1TCH3D

• Audiophile, tea lover and now keyboard hugger!
« Reply #9328 on: Mon, 18 January 2016, 14:01:19 »

Damn those Boopers are purdy, I was expecting to see some watermelon keys though. :p

Hehe gotcha

(Though I do have an album incoming for the fruit basket  :)))

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #9329 on: Mon, 18 January 2016, 14:04:09 »
Some wood and a couple caps:

124838-0

124840-1
Quote from: Binge
crumping is like twerking but it's all about getting low with force.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #9330 on: Mon, 18 January 2016, 15:01:58 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Wow that case and wrist rest are super nice, is that rosewood? Also digging that KBK. :thumb:

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #9331 on: Mon, 18 January 2016, 15:16:16 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Wow that case and wrist rest are super nice, is that rosewood? Also digging that KBK. :thumb:

Thank you!

Yeah, they're both made of rosewood. It is unbelievably heavy - I have the Datamancer oak case and it feels twice as light even though there are two pieces of wood.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #9332 on: Mon, 18 January 2016, 15:28:47 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Thank you!

Yeah, they're both made of rosewood. It is unbelievably heavy - I have the Datamancer oak case and it feels twice as light even though there are two pieces of wood.

I like a heavy feel to my boards, that's why I have all boards with full aluminum cases but that looks quite interesting. :thumb:

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #9333 on: Mon, 18 January 2016, 17:37:33 »

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
« Reply #9334 on: Mon, 18 January 2016, 19:01:12 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Oh, that is one nice looking board. Did you make the case + wrist rest yourself?

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #9335 on: Mon, 18 January 2016, 19:35:25 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Oh, that is one nice looking board. Did you make the case + wrist rest yourself?

Purchased them off another user in the Classifieds! Unfortunately I don't have the skills :P

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #9336 on: Mon, 18 January 2016, 19:55:26 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)
Is that the hammer limited edition case?

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #9337 on: Mon, 18 January 2016, 20:01:38 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

The wrist rest is hammer limited edition - there is a marking on the bottom. I thought the case itself was made by a friend of yuktsi's though- to match the wrist rest. I don't know the history very well.
« Last Edit: Mon, 18 January 2016, 20:05:55 by mobbo »

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #9338 on: Mon, 18 January 2016, 20:39:40 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

The wrist rest is hammer limited edition - there is a marking on the bottom. I thought the case itself was made by a friend of yuktsi's though- to match the wrist rest. I don't know the history very well.

Oh damn that's the one that yuksti was selling, I was so tempted to grab that. Nice grab :thumb:

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #9339 on: Tue, 19 January 2016, 04:16:45 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Oh damn that's the one that yuksti was selling, I was so tempted to grab that. Nice grab :thumb:

I was going to drop out of Octagon V2 and get that pack, damn.

Offline Connly33

« Reply #9340 on: Tue, 19 January 2016, 04:56:54 »
Flipped the spacebar on my 60% because i had been doing that on my MX blue board for a few weeks and i cant go back, especially with a heavy switch and the cherry profile of my keycaps, its in a much better position for my right thumb.

124951-0

Custom 60% with Cherry MX Clear

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #9341 on: Wed, 20 January 2016, 01:28:40 »
i got hasu's awesome usb-usb converter setup and brought it to work today.  i'm using it for space fn, and also using it to swap capslock with lctrl, which would previously drive me nuts when using software remapping in conjunction with remote desktop.

a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #9342 on: Wed, 20 January 2016, 06:55:49 »
forgot to x-post in here

Dice cap from a reddit member

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #9343 on: Wed, 20 January 2016, 14:22:11 »
GMK Triumph Adler to my TKL. Too ****ing lazy to take pictures today, but will do when I get my N64 working. S/O to henz.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #9344 on: Wed, 20 January 2016, 22:12:53 »
I love Elzy

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #9345 on: Wed, 20 January 2016, 23:04:01 »
Show Image

Is that a Shadovved sticker? :eek:

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #9346 on: Thu, 21 January 2016, 03:56:05 »
Show Image

That sticker is awesome  :thumb:
Is that shadovved one?

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #9347 on: Thu, 21 January 2016, 11:47:51 »
Yes shadovved was kind enough to make a couple of these for me. We were supposed to do a GB together but I've been lazy/busy for over 2 years T_T
I love Elzy

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #9348 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 01:00:13 »
Yes shadovved was kind enough to make a couple of these for me. We were supposed to do a GB together but I've been lazy/busy for over 2 years T_T
Awesome!

Offline E3E

« Reply #9349 on: Sat, 23 January 2016, 15:39:45 »

The revised wrist rest from Battlestation 10! Drew was a mega awesome dude and made this one for me pro bono after I mentioned a few little small issues concerning the rest I ordered in his Christmas sale.

This one... is unbelievable. Just, wow. The effort he put into it, the eye for detail and just how well it fits with and complements my Hammer Alps board is phenomenal. I'm so happy with it and very grateful.

Thanks man!

Also gave me a sick Super Famicom sticker that is just so appropriate for all the Kirby madness!

Here's the old one for comparison.