Author Topic: Mac Command key on a Datahand Personal  (Read 976 times)

Offline dpanse

Mac Command key on a Datahand Personal
« on: Thu, 01 December 2016, 17:59:24 »
I have a Datahand Personal which I want to use with a Mac. It seems to have the Command ⌘ symbol on it, but I cant seem to figure out any way to set that up so that it'll send that command to the computer. Can anyone help?

Offline Findecanor

Re: Mac Command key on a Datahand Personal
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 01 December 2016, 18:11:40 »
Hmm.. Weird. The Alt and Option keys are the same code over USB, not Alt and Command.

Unless there is an option on the datahand itself for putting it in some kind of Macintosh mode, you could go into MacOS's keyboard settings and select swapping Alt/Option and Command. I haven't used Mac for years but I know it should be there. The setting is usually used for PC keyboards for use with Mac.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 December 2016, 18:13:20 by Findecanor »

Offline dpanse

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 02 December 2016, 15:09:37 »
Thanks for pointing me in that direction. I could do this through the Keyboard preferences.
1) pull-up keyboard settings and click "modifier keys"
2) select PS2-to-USB (I have my keyboard going from the PS2 connector into a USB. It seems to recognize that)
3) change the Alt key to send a Mac command code.
Works like a charm.

Offline wejn

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 06 December 2016, 12:33:24 »
Slightly off-topic, but maybe relevant:

Instead of remapping Alt you could also use the "right ring finger east" key (marked WIN/Enter). But in order for that to work you'd have to switch DataHand to 104key mode. You can look it up in the manual if interested. ;)