Author Topic: [IC] Titan65 // Manufacturing  (Read 73593 times)

Offline Dubsadan

Re: [IC] Titan65 // 65% Top Mount Final Prototypes Ordered
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 03 August 2020, 23:16:31 »
Not the biggest fan of the thicc bezels but certainly interested for the prospect of getting a board with no shipping charge as a local. That would be different!

Also +1 for non-hotswap option.

Offline Paboyaw

« Reply #51 on: Tue, 04 August 2020, 09:55:11 »
Based in GTA would like to get in on this one

Offline TiamDesigns

« Reply #52 on: Tue, 04 August 2020, 17:42:24 »
Not the biggest fan of the thicc bezels but certainly interested for the prospect of getting a board with no shipping charge as a local. That would be different!

We won't have a non-hotswap version this time around. Wilbas WT65-A will fit the case and layout though. You won't be able to screw it into the plate though, and it would just be held in by switches.

Offline The.Ryan.Gamer

« Reply #53 on: Tue, 04 August 2020, 21:40:57 »

We won't have a non-hotswap version this time around. Wilbas WT65-A will fit the case and layout though. You won't be able to screw it into the plate though, and it would just be held in by switches.

Question tho, usually there are different layout options for soldered version right? Since this is hot-swap version only, is it possible to have a stepped caps lock on this one? Still new don't know a lot of stuff.
« Last Edit: Tue, 04 August 2020, 21:43:49 by The.Ryan.Gamer »

Offline Billizard

« Reply #54 on: Wed, 05 August 2020, 01:41:21 »
Interested! My wallet is ready to show some support from Toronto!

Offline TiamDesigns

« Reply #55 on: Wed, 05 August 2020, 21:53:44 »

Question tho, usually there are different layout options for soldered version right? Since this is hot-swap version only, is it possible to have a stepped caps lock on this one? Still new don't know a lot of stuff.

You wouldn't be able to do different layouts. Our plate will only support one layout as it's meant for hot swaps. It's difficult to support multiple layouts with the hotswap sockets.

Offline The.Ryan.Gamer

« Reply #56 on: Thu, 06 August 2020, 03:15:39 »

You wouldn't be able to do different layouts. Our plate will only support one layout as it's meant for hot swaps. It's difficult to support multiple layouts with the hotswap sockets.

Oh i see. I'm new to this, so i'm still learning.  ;D

Offline TiamDesigns

« Reply #57 on: Fri, 07 August 2020, 13:24:22 »

If you ever have any other keyboard-related questions feel free dm me on discord. I try to respond to everyone :)

Offline SenseiJia

• Hey you.
« Reply #58 on: Fri, 07 August 2020, 13:29:27 »
2chonky4me but GLWIC

Offline 3yatt

« Reply #59 on: Fri, 07 August 2020, 18:36:00 »
When's the date? I am in!

Offline porc

Re: [IC] Titan65 // 65% Top Isolation Mount Most Vendors Announced
« Reply #60 on: Sat, 08 August 2020, 00:41:10 »
Recommending Daily Clack for Australian / Oceanic vendor!

Offline The.Ryan.Gamer

« Reply #61 on: Sat, 08 August 2020, 01:34:03 »

If you ever have any other keyboard-related questions feel free dm me on discord. I try to respond to everyone :)

I do! I keep bugging people on discord. LOL! But mainly just waiting for the build and sound test vid. But i'm 100% IN on this one. Just wanted to see final protos to decide on the color i'll get.

Offline TiamDesigns

« Reply #62 on: Sat, 08 August 2020, 06:03:44 »

We are estimating that GB will be mid-September. Although this is subject to change.

Offline TiamDesigns

« Reply #63 on: Sat, 08 August 2020, 06:04:41 »
Recommending Daily Clack for Australian / Oceanic vendor!

I'll definitely reach out!

Offline The.Ryan.Gamer

« Reply #64 on: Sat, 08 August 2020, 07:55:49 »

We are estimating that GB will be mid-September. Although this is subject to change.

Woo that's cloooose! Excited! What will the final colors be?

I wanted to get the purple one. Only if the blue one is a bit lighter, like sky blue or light blue, that's what i'll get. But i really wanted to see the protos first before i decide. Sadly Grey isn't an option. That would be the safest pick.

Offline TiamDesigns

« Reply #65 on: Sun, 09 August 2020, 15:59:15 »

Woo that's cloooose! Excited! What will the final colors be?

I wanted to get the purple one. Only if the blue one is a bit lighter, like sky blue or light blue, that's what i'll get. But i really wanted to see the protos first before i decide. Sadly Grey isn't an option. That would be the safest pick.

Still waiting on the prototypes and colour samples to confirm. The new renders are roughly what it should look like when powder coated.

Offline leifsi

« Reply #66 on: Sun, 09 August 2020, 20:41:26 »
Yellow please! If yellow makes it to the group buy then I am buying it.

Offline TiamDesigns

« Reply #67 on: Mon, 10 August 2020, 14:38:51 »

We may end up anodizing the colours instead of powder coating. If we end up going that route MOQ for any one colour is 5 instead of 50.

Offline The.Ryan.Gamer

« Reply #68 on: Tue, 11 August 2020, 03:32:29 »

We may end up anodizing the colours instead of powder coating. If we end up going that route MOQ for any one colour is 5 instead of 50.

Bro, do we have final colors? I still need to decide what i'll get. Hopefully something that will fit GMK Phosphorus. As sadly i may have to let go of my Olivia++  :'(

Offline TiamDesigns

« Reply #69 on: Tue, 11 August 2020, 08:15:48 »

Bro, do we have final colors? I still need to decide what i'll get. Hopefully something that will fit GMK Phosphorus. As sadly i may have to let go of my Olivia++  :'(

We will do all colours, but it will be likely anodized. The colour will not be exact to the references. The delays on the prototype are because the manufacturers trying to get the anodized colours close.

Offline The.Ryan.Gamer

« Reply #70 on: Tue, 11 August 2020, 10:28:41 »

We will do all colours, but it will be likely anodized. The colour will not be exact to the references. The delays on the prototype are because the manufacturers trying to get the anodized colours close.

Noted. Thanks for clearing that up :)

Offline LSDesigns

Re: [IC] Titan65 // 65% Top Isolation Mount Vendors Announced
« Reply #71 on: Fri, 14 August 2020, 20:54:31 »
I will also be here to answer questions about the Titan65!

Offline TalksToChalk

« Reply #72 on: Tue, 25 August 2020, 13:39:07 »
GB Date yet?

Offline 3yatt

« Reply #73 on: Tue, 25 August 2020, 16:42:43 »
I have not been gettin notifications for this </3.

Thanks for replying TD. If the date is still accurate, the next couple weeks can't go by quick enough :]

Offline TiamDesigns

« Reply #74 on: Thu, 27 August 2020, 10:12:36 »
GB Date yet?

We are aiming for the 24th of September. That's very dependant on manufacture prototype timing. Right now we are still on track though.

Offline aadk5

• AKA: feeebleminded
« Reply #75 on: Thu, 27 August 2020, 14:07:42 »

Have you confirmed any other PCB's that may work in the case? I'm fine with the PCB not being able to be screwed on, but would really prefer to have a soldered version with a different layout. Thank you!

EDIT: Just realized, probably not, as they'll need to be compatible with the Unified C3 Daughterboard.
« Last Edit: Thu, 27 August 2020, 14:18:27 by aadk5 »

Offline TiamDesigns

« Reply #76 on: Thu, 27 August 2020, 18:53:53 »

Have you confirmed any other PCB's that may work in the case? I'm fine with the PCB not being able to be screwed on, but would really prefer to have a soldered version with a different layout. Thank you!

EDIT: Just realized, probably not, as they'll need to be compatible with the Unified C3 Daughterboard.

So the WT-65A works. However you'd need a different plate. We won't be offering a plateless option at group buy. We will however be releasing files necessary to make your own plate compatible with the board.

Offline Araset

« Reply #77 on: Fri, 28 August 2020, 04:16:02 »
Please don't drop the blue option!

Offline The.Ryan.Gamer

« Reply #78 on: Fri, 28 August 2020, 07:54:55 »
Man, the pink looks lighter now. They LIT AF! I know what i'm going to get  :thumb:

Offline J_Noes

« Reply #79 on: Fri, 28 August 2020, 08:55:52 »
How thick is the plate going to be?

Offline TiamDesigns

« Reply #80 on: Fri, 28 August 2020, 09:19:39 »
How thick is the plate going to be?

Right now the plate is 4mm thick with channels for the stabilizer wires.

Offline jontseg

« Reply #81 on: Fri, 28 August 2020, 18:14:52 »
Fantastic board! I filled out both interest checks, asking for blue and white. Just want to let you know I also would really love to see purple thrown in there. I think I'd end up buying one safe color and one more out there color such as purple. Fingers crossed theres no blocker, see you at the group buy :D!

Offline TiamDesigns

« Reply #82 on: Fri, 28 August 2020, 20:00:51 »
Fantastic board! I filled out both interest checks, asking for blue and white. Just want to let you know I also would really love to see purple thrown in there. I think I'd end up buying one safe color and one more out there color such as purple. Fingers crossed theres no blocker, see you at the group buy :D!

White, Blue and Purple are all top picks for the colours! We will be going with the blocker layout though.

Offline Drakenocas

« Reply #83 on: Sat, 29 August 2020, 02:07:10 »
Marking post. Interested in this one.

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #84 on: Sat, 29 August 2020, 03:35:34 »
Is this using plate mounted stabs or we praying to the gods of friction?

Offline TiamDesigns

« Reply #85 on: Sat, 29 August 2020, 11:38:18 »

The plate has standoffs to mount the PCB.

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #86 on: Sat, 29 August 2020, 14:43:00 »

Oh that's cool, good work around. Do you think it affects sound/stiffness?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Offline ilezia

« Reply #87 on: Sat, 29 August 2020, 17:39:37 »
Price seems great. Design looks right up my alley but for some reason I have hard time seeing how it is in real life. Something about the steep angles from the bezels. Anyway for now I'm definitely in for this.

Offline TiamDesigns

« Reply #88 on: Sat, 29 August 2020, 18:30:17 »

Oh that's cool, good work around. Do you think it affects sound/stiffness?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

The plate is going to have silicone washers and strips on either side of it. They're relatively soft at 40 Shore A hardness. The washers will be arriving this upcoming week so I hope to try it out then. PCBs are naturally more springy. I'm suspecting it will still be relatively stiff as the force from keystrokes is mostly on the plate. The early prototype had a hollow sound to it. With the redesign that's been eliminated. I'm not sure if that's because of the rubber strips or the changes to the inner cavity. Either way, much happier with it. PCBs should be arriving next week so I'll be able to test it properly then. The brass base also makes it sound a bit deeper, the aluminum base I'm still quite happy with. Bug me again this time next week ;)

Offline TiamDesigns

« Reply #89 on: Sat, 29 August 2020, 18:31:48 »
Price seems great. Design looks right up my alley but for some reason I have hard time seeing how it is in real life. Something about the steep angles from the bezels. Anyway for now I'm definitely in for this.

So there are prototype photos of the board up. Alexotos, Logan (the other designer) and myself will all be doing separate build streams and sound tests. We will announce those when those dates are decided.

Offline LSDesigns

« Reply #90 on: Thu, 10 September 2020, 08:40:57 »
The PCB prototypes should be arriving tomorrow, so we plan to do another big update very soon!

Offline Araset

« Reply #91 on: Thu, 10 September 2020, 11:11:02 »
Is the brass base as an option confirmed?

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #92 on: Thu, 10 September 2020, 11:30:24 »
Strange to have all of that thickness and the keycaps still stick up over the top edge, exposing the switch housings underneath.  I would prefer to see the pcb/plate assembly lowered at least a milimeter to hide the switches.

Offline TiamDesigns

« Reply #93 on: Fri, 11 September 2020, 06:39:51 »
Is the brass base as an option confirmed?

We have some more brass prototypes coming in. Brass is pretty much confirmed. The finish for it isn't confirmed as of yet.

Offline TiamDesigns

« Reply #94 on: Fri, 11 September 2020, 06:42:13 »
Strange to have all of that thickness and the keycaps still stick up over the top edge, exposing the switch housings underneath.  I would prefer to see the pcb/plate assembly lowered at least a milimeter to hide the switches.

If you're looking at the renders it's because I'm lazy and the plate is mated to the case rather than to the silicone strips. If you're looking at the photos it's because the manufacturer messed up and everything was offset by .6mm. We were also testing some other tolerances with it. The final shouldn't have the switches visible. :thumb:

Offline Caaandooo

• none
« Reply #95 on: Fri, 11 September 2020, 07:41:27 »
Toronto based designers? I have to join. I hope my wife follow the same thought process as me.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Offline Chenson

« Reply #96 on: Mon, 14 September 2020, 06:31:53 »
Hoping an Australian vendor specifically Switch Keys is possible!

Offline TiamDesigns

« Reply #97 on: Wed, 16 September 2020, 18:04:31 »
Hoping an Australian vendor specifically Switch Keys is possible!

They were all busy but since we are running into so many delays I'll see when they'll be available. Might be able to get something to work :D

Offline Cloods

« Reply #98 on: Sat, 19 September 2020, 02:57:03 »
real dope, love me some rounded boards

Offline TiamDesigns

Re: [IC] Titan65 // 65% Top Mount
« Reply #99 on: Tue, 13 October 2020, 11:12:01 »
ISO?

Hey, so we made some changes, we will be offering Wilbas soldered PCB for ISO support. Check out the new IC :D