Author Topic: [IC] KAT Cyberspace - PRICING ADDED - ARTKEY RAFFLE!  (Read 166686 times)

Offline Ulliam

• Formerly Papithered
  • 𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖎.𝖆𝖒
[IC] KAT Cyberspace - PRICING ADDED - ARTKEY RAFFLE!
« on: Wed, 04 March 2020, 09:15:54 »

https://artkeyuniverse.com/shop/detail/cyberspace Artkey Sirius x Cyberspace 3am GMT! GOODLUCK!

248027-0
248029-1
248031-2
248041-3
248033-4

Rama

Artisan Collabs from: GSK / Keyforge / Artkey / Latrialum / Gothcaps & More!

Join me on Discord: https://discord.gg/jGBMxst

::Hyperlinks::

http://zfrontier.com - China/ROW
http://mykeyboard.eu - Europe
http://deskhero.ca - Canada
http://dailyclack.com - Oceana
http://kono.store - USA

Many Hard decisions were made during the course of this proccess, I'm sorry if something got lost in the mix but these kits are now final and submitted thank you all for your support!

Keyboards rendered in order:
TGR Alice - Yuktsi
Haus - Lewis Flude
TGR Jane - Yuktsi
Whimsy - Dave Perkins

And a massive thanks to:
Alex from zF, my brothers in Kiiin, Eskimojoe for the kitting help, Konstantin for being the kitwizard and everyone that has helped and supported me over the past 4 and a bit months <3. Roll on August First!!!!

Code: [Select]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/XUj7oTM.png[/img]
« Last Edit: Tue, 28 July 2020, 17:28:56 by Ulliam »

Offline senryo

• Problems are challenges.
    • Thic Thock
Re: [IC] KAT Cyberspace
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 04 March 2020, 09:21:44 »
why is it there is hangul kit, but the deskmat matrix words are Japanese?

Offline Ulliam

• Formerly Papithered
  • 𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖎.𝖆𝖒
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 04 March 2020, 10:01:46 »
it Needs updating neither of the deskmat designs are final but it will be translated into Korean if that design gets made (fun fact as a cross if my 2 favourite cyber punk movies its the falling rain text is the tears in the rain monologue from blade runner)

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 04 March 2020, 10:29:46 »
Like the colorset. Don't really get the mats.seem kinda all over

Offline antx1701

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 04 March 2020, 10:50:33 »
Never tried KAT, but this set looks nice. Just fix the Hangul/Japanese issue.

Offline steezkeez

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 04 March 2020, 11:47:38 »
Nice colors, interested!

Offline aslanxdeft

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 04 March 2020, 14:13:01 »
Really like the set. Always appreciate hangul kits ;D The first deskmat design looks really nice.

Offline Gert Fischer

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 04 March 2020, 15:22:53 »
Looks cool, renders when?

Offline synthtastic

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 04 March 2020, 16:05:36 »
This looks awesome!!!
Expensive plastic makes me sigh.

Offline hammerbrotha

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 04 March 2020, 19:15:17 »
In b4 GMK necro comment.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Offline Ulliam

• Formerly Papithered
  • 𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖎.𝖆𝖒
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 04 March 2020, 20:06:58 »
In b4 GMK necro comment.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
I'd only seen the previews of set this and it looked yellow, didn't realise how green the alphas looked. hmmm.

Offline Ulliam

• Formerly Papithered
  • 𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖎.𝖆𝖒
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 04 March 2020, 20:23:05 »
Updated the Falling rain text / deskmat from the previous japanese design to be inline with the hangul on the rest of the set.

Offline coffeeshopcoder

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 04 March 2020, 21:27:38 »
I like the mods a lot !

Offline pynnk

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 04 March 2020, 21:42:57 »
really excited to see the future renders!  :eek: :eek: :eek:

Offline Joaquox

« Reply #14 on: Thu, 05 March 2020, 01:46:14 »
7485 C & 359 C looks more necro than cyber imo. Maybe a sharper green would help if that's really what you're aiming for and not just marketing fluff.  :thumb:

Offline Slayer77

« Reply #15 on: Thu, 05 March 2020, 01:57:10 »
Would like a brighter greenish yellow, feels to muted for the theme.

Sent from my GM1911 using Tapatalk

Offline PantoneC

« Reply #16 on: Thu, 05 March 2020, 02:37:31 »
looking good but that purple offset the set for me. I hope there is option to not use it.

Offline Cantello

« Reply #17 on: Thu, 05 March 2020, 03:20:02 »
Nice idea but the colours seem off to me, too sickly and not enough cyberpunk-y for me. Brighter colors would suit it better, imo. See e.g. FutureFunk.
(or see here, lots of neon, not that much pale green: https://3dtotal.com/news/inspiration/top-50-cyberpunk-art-of-all-time#article-15-gods-of-old)
« Last Edit: Thu, 05 March 2020, 05:53:15 by Cantello »

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #18 on: Thu, 05 March 2020, 05:50:25 »
Nice idea but the colours seem off to me, too sickly and not enough cyberpunk-y for me. Brighter colors would suit it better, imo. See e.g. FutureFunk.
Right? All I can think of is slimer from Ghostbusters.

Offline bowen

• 20 • no my pfp isnt me
« Reply #19 on: Thu, 05 March 2020, 07:18:30 »
dude that deskpad is dope, love the colourway on the keys too

Offline bowen

• 20 • no my pfp isnt me
« Reply #20 on: Thu, 05 March 2020, 07:20:17 »
pretty sure thats also hangul

e: didnt realise he updated his post, my bad

Offline senryo

• Problems are challenges.
    • Thic Thock
« Reply #21 on: Thu, 05 March 2020, 07:21:44 »
pretty sure thats also hangul
It wasn’t. OP fixed it

Offline Ahngel

« Reply #22 on: Thu, 05 March 2020, 09:08:16 »
Sailor Mars always was my favorite. Not sure what she has to do with a hacker theme

Offline fleur-de-pomme

« Reply #23 on: Thu, 05 March 2020, 09:22:20 »
Please consider a deskmat design that doesn't use traced artwork from Sailor Moon:

https://www.animegalleries.net/img/1118

There are many talented artists in the community who would be glad to accept your commission, if you're needing anime girl artwork for a deskmat!

Offline thejuicebox

« Reply #24 on: Thu, 05 March 2020, 10:02:39 »
KAT layour WITH hangul?? this would be the dopest first set ever...please do it!

Offline fabijolo

• I like expensive plastic.
« Reply #25 on: Thu, 05 March 2020, 11:17:24 »
Dude, this is awesome, best KAT set I've seen so far !!
« Last Edit: Fri, 06 March 2020, 10:50:19 by fabijolo »

Offline MelonBred

« Reply #26 on: Thu, 05 March 2020, 12:02:25 »
Looking forward to your kitting. So long as there is a proper 40s kit a la every other KAT set, I am in.

Offline krikun98

« Reply #27 on: Sat, 07 March 2020, 11:55:11 »
Colors seem too muted for the theme, but otherwise looks great.

Offline swingkat

« Reply #28 on: Sun, 08 March 2020, 12:46:37 »
What about 7738 C on 419 C for the alphas?

Offline thornkin

« Reply #29 on: Sun, 08 March 2020, 12:54:55 »
I like the idea, but not really digging the novelties. What is the ghost a reference to?

Offline bd_slade

« Reply #30 on: Sun, 08 March 2020, 15:58:26 »
I like the idea, but not really digging the novelties. What is the ghost a reference to?

The Pac-Man ghosts, if I'm not miskaten.

I quite like the set, myself, but I can see other's points about the colours now that they mention it (but I liked them originally and still do for the most part).

In terms of mods, I'd love to see more inspired by DOS or Unix to fit the old cyperpunk aesthetic from the 80's and 90's. Maybe like a command prompt style one, or even some urban/punk styled things (maybe like spraypaint aesthetic and so on). I do agree with others that it would be nice to have some original art for the deskmat, as it may cause you a copyright issue down the road, so best to play it safe!

It's great to see that you're interested in getting feedback, and I really like the direction of the set so far. Hope to see it happen in whatever final form it takes! Good luck!
« Last Edit: Sun, 08 March 2020, 16:58:00 by bd_slade »

Offline SUB01

« Reply #31 on: Sun, 08 March 2020, 16:01:58 »

Did they change it? Because it looks like its in Korean. I don't much care for green but the matrix theme is very nice.

Offline KEYGEM

• * Vendor
    • KEYGEM Online Shop
« Reply #32 on: Sun, 08 March 2020, 16:26:41 »
Purple and green really nice combination. Reminds me of my Troubled Mind set :)

Offline 1391401

• MX CLEAR
« Reply #33 on: Sun, 08 March 2020, 16:28:13 »
I like the colors, interested to see a more accurate render, and hoping I dont have to pay extra to not have the asian sublegends.
People I've given money to from this webform who never respond to me and have not shipped me anything: ctrlalt.io 1 2, Team Readline Reputable alternatives to GH group buys: http://pimpmykeyboard.com, https://www.massdrop.com,

Offline Ulliam

• Formerly Papithered
  • 𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖎.𝖆𝖒
« Reply #34 on: Mon, 09 March 2020, 07:31:00 »
So quick update listening to everyones critiques:
  • Updated the Korean Tears in Rain deskmat again to have an acurate translation, I'd love for there to be 2 options one with just the falling rain and another with a character that I'm still working on (the origonal was only meant to serve as a placeholder)
  • Changed the Font from Futura to Geogrotesque again before production I would find a suitable alternative but using a geometric type face that has thatg "futuristic" look
  • Edited the colour pallet to better reflect the theme, I think the overwhelming concencus both here and on reddit were that it felt a little lack luster, I've also provided examples of the reference materials i used when picking the colours, the Greens come from a glow in the dark ABS charged fully with a UV light and similarly the glow of green terminal text on a CRT Monitor, and the purple comes from the UV Light used to charge the plastic
Still to do:
  • Produce renders based on the updated colours
  • Hammer out the remaining keycap designs and finalise sets (need to run a poll)
  • Design Novelties based on but not limited to: Akira, Blade Runner, Ghost in the Shell, The Matrix (also open to suggestions on anything else that fits the theme
  • Listen to feedback
let me know what you think, thank you all for your responses so far it means so much to me. Can't wait to keep working on this to see where it can go.

237397-0
237399-1
237401-2
237403-3
237528-4
« Last Edit: Mon, 09 March 2020, 18:25:36 by Papithered »

Offline Koniotaur

« Reply #35 on: Mon, 09 March 2020, 14:40:38 »
I like the deskmat, I'll consider buying some kits, although in latest update you've posted there is 621C color (represented as white), which I don't see being used anywhere.

Offline Joaquox

« Reply #36 on: Mon, 09 March 2020, 15:04:48 »
Still not feeling the colors. Looks nothing like a terminal monitor.

Offline synthtastic

« Reply #37 on: Mon, 09 March 2020, 15:38:01 »
So quick update listening to everyones critiques:
  • Updated the Korean Tears in Rain deskmat again to have an acurate translation, I'd love for there to be 2 options one with just the falling rain and another with a character that I'm still working on (the origonal was only meant to serve as a placeholder)
  • Changed the Font from Futura to Geogrotesque again before production I would find a suitable alternative but using a geometric type face that has thatg "futuristic" look
  • Edited the colour pallet to better reflect the theme, I think the overwhelming concencus both here and on reddit were that it felt a little lack luster, I've also provided examples of the reference materials i used when picking the colours, the Greens come from a glow in the dark ABS charged fully with a UV light and similarly the glow of green terminal text on a CRT Monitor, and the purple comes from the UV Light used to charge the plastic
Still to do:
  • Produce renders based on the updated colours

• Hammer out the remaining keycap designs and finalise sets (need to run a poll)
  • Design Novelties based on but not limited to: Akira, Blade Runner, Ghost in the Shell, The Matrix (also open to suggestions on anything else that fits the theme
  • Listen to feedback
let me know what you think, thank you all for your responses so far it means so much to me. Can't wait to keep working on this to see where it can go.

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Is that black for the modifiers, or just 2 shades of green on top of each other? The black / green combo looks awesome, especially the darker shade of green you have there, so find it odd to have that contrast of lighter / darker green together (unless that is an effect from rendering which doesn't have a pure black color). Same thing with the alphas. Looking at the darker green ESC key, then next to it the lighter green is odd. Have you considered having an alternate alpha kit with black keycaps / green legends / purple sublegends?
« Last Edit: Mon, 09 March 2020, 15:53:43 by synthtastic »

Offline Ulliam

• Formerly Papithered
  • 𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖎.𝖆𝖒
« Reply #38 on: Mon, 09 March 2020, 15:53:28 »
I like the deskmat, I'll consider buying some kits, although in latest update you've posted there is 621C color (represented as white), which I don't see being used anywhere.
Whoops I didn’t end up posting the text mods but that’s the colour of the text of them I will updating the post soon with the full kits and some better renders.

Have you considered having an alternate alpha kit with inverted black / green colors? i.e. green letters, black keycap. Can have the purple sub-legend either way. I like the combination of the modifiers' black / green contrast, so having that with alphas as an alternate kit for variation would be awesome. Personally, I'm loving the modifier icons (not sure if anyone has asked for text modifiers, but these look awesome). What I do find a bit odd is the use of 2 shades of green. In my opinion, should be uniform (the darker green completely), but that is my take. Please provide support for 40s as well :)

I have now, I actually love that idea (black/green alt alphas, I’m definitely going to have a play around with the idea tonight thank you for the suggestion.

Offline synthtastic

« Reply #39 on: Mon, 09 March 2020, 15:59:13 »
Whoops I didn’t end up posting the text mods but that’s the colour of the text of them I will updating the post soon with the full kits and some better renders.

Have you considered having an alternate alpha kit with inverted black / green colors? i.e. green letters, black keycap. Can have the purple sub-legend either way. I like the combination of the modifiers' black / green contrast, so having that with alphas as an alternate kit for variation would be awesome. Personally, I'm loving the modifier icons (not sure if anyone has asked for text modifiers, but these look awesome). What I do find a bit odd is the use of 2 shades of green. In my opinion, should be uniform (the darker green completely), but that is my take. Please provide support for 40s as well :)

I have now, I actually love that idea (black/green alt alphas, I’m definitely going to have a play around with the idea tonight thank you for the suggestion.

Haha sorry but I heavily edited my last post while you replied. I appreciate the response though. Mind clarifying if the modifiers is green on green, or is that black on green? Since you didn't have black in the colors there, wasn't sure if you're just playing with the idea of multiple shades of green mostly, and I'm just absurdly colorblind.

Offline bd_slade

« Reply #40 on: Mon, 09 March 2020, 16:02:03 »

Building on this, have you considered a purple key for the escape/enter key, a la the arrow keys? That may also allow you to go with a brighter green for the alphas since then they'll be a different colour altogether.

Thanks for being so open to feedback! Keep up the good work!
« Last Edit: Mon, 09 March 2020, 16:04:40 by bd_slade »

Offline Ulliam

• Formerly Papithered
  • 𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖎.𝖆𝖒
« Reply #41 on: Mon, 09 March 2020, 17:37:19 »

I think I got this right tried out your ideas and I have to say I both love the all almost black set with green/purple legends and I'm also a big fan of loosing that first green all together to unify it, if you see the show more on the first post the origonal there was a more bigger difference between the alpha green and the extra green.

237514-0

Offline synthtastic

« Reply #42 on: Mon, 09 March 2020, 17:50:11 »

I think I got this right tried out your ideas and I have to say I both love the all almost black set with green/purple legends and I'm also a big fan of loosing that first green all together to unify it, if you see the show more on the first post the origonal there was a more bigger difference between the alpha green and the extra green.

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ]

Uff that's looking really cool. You should definitely open up all of your thoughts / ideas to a poll so people can vote and help you out.

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #43 on: Mon, 09 March 2020, 18:03:41 »
I like the new colorset much more

Offline bd_slade

« Reply #44 on: Mon, 09 March 2020, 19:08:39 »

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ]

Love it! When's the group buy? ;)

Offline thornkin

« Reply #45 on: Tue, 10 March 2020, 01:07:31 »
Love the green on black look. You seem to have the right inspiration for novelties. Maybe Johnny Mnemonic too if you are looking for inspiration.  That is based on William Gibson who is the grandfather of cyberpunk.

What about Vim keys for this one? Seems appropriate.

Offline antx1701

« Reply #46 on: Tue, 10 March 2020, 12:38:42 »
Updates look sick, though I'd prefer Japanese over Hangul. Either way, I'm in.

Offline Slayer77

« Reply #47 on: Tue, 10 March 2020, 13:16:10 »
Really digging the dark alphas version.

Sent from my GM1911 using Tapatalk

Offline Ulliam

• Formerly Papithered
  • 𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖎.𝖆𝖒
« Reply #48 on: Sat, 14 March 2020, 12:36:52 »
Thanks for all the responses guys, I think I've nailed most of the Kits now, I'm still working on the novelties and the deskmat shown here so theyre just posted so you know the direction I'm heading.
While I continue to work on the Deskmats / Novelties and wait for the KAT Models to make some renders. I still have the ISO and international kits to do but I'd love to know what you guys think of where I'm at/heading. Thank you hope you're all having a safe weekend.

I've made an Interest check form if you're interested in picking up any of the kits please could fill it out thank you: https://forms.gle/BroUyTx1du2PzSPG8

237791-0
237793-1
237795-2
237797-3
237799-4
237801-5
237803-6
237805-7
237807-8
237809-9
237811-10
237813-11
[ Specified attachment is not available ]

Offline Koniotaur

« Reply #49 on: Sat, 14 March 2020, 12:41:02 »
I think it would be better to keep kits in a way that you would place them on keyboard, the way these are shown right now is hard to catch what keycaps are in each kit and if there are some compability issues.