Author Topic: [GB] GMK Birch - production complete, vendors now shipping!  (Read 46025 times)

Offline Eoen

Re: [GB] GMK Birch - R1 samples in hand
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 26 May 2021, 12:32:07 »
That was quick! Fingers crossed that they nailed it on the first try.

Offline break

« Reply #51 on: Mon, 21 June 2021, 19:08:40 »
That was quick! Fingers crossed that they nailed it on the first try.

Well have I got news for you!

I am thrilled to announce that GMK took only one pass to nail down the color samples for GMK Birch. These samples have been approved as of a week ago.

After spending some time with these samples, then working with Nebulant to evaluate L\*a\*b\* values, I am extremely confident you all will be happy with their effort to match my chosen RALs. The colors also look _awesome_ in person, if I do say so myself. You can see here:

(Album here: https://imgur.com/a/sgGEOAp)

Some comments on the samples and pictures

- Nebulant noted that this is one of the four closest Round 1 color matches GMK has provided on a keyset he has consulted on. The other three are, in my opinion, _very_ lovely sets.

- In the linked Imgur album, both photos were taken outdoors with overcast natural lighting on a Sony a6000. The lens is Sony’s fixed 35mm lens, f/2.0 at ISO 400. The first picture is slightly tweaked for exposure and color balance, the second picture is RAW out of the camera. Please open the link on a computer - do not rely on an image preview.

- GMK samples sit atop of the corresponding RAL color swatches. The photos may look different depending on your monitor or device, but the ABS samples match the RAL samples _very_ closely. Please refer back to the published RAL colors with any questions.

I can’t _wait_ to get this set into your hands, and am immensely grateful you all are on this fun little journey with me. ❤️ 🪑

Offline hkhawk

« Reply #52 on: Mon, 21 June 2021, 19:27:48 »
Congrats break, those pictures look lovely and I'm very excited I was able to join this GB. So great to hear that colors have been approved.

Offline Nuap

Re: [GB] GMK Birch - R1 samples approved
« Reply #53 on: Mon, 21 June 2021, 23:54:20 »
Congratulations, it's refreshing to see a first round colour sample go so smoothly these days.

I guess now the set has it's spot in GMK's queue, so the real waiting begins.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #54 on: Wed, 12 January 2022, 21:05:24 »
Any updates on this one?

Offline break

« Reply #55 on: Mon, 14 February 2022, 12:28:55 »
Any updates on this one?

I just approved production renders, and GMK Birch is apparently in the production queue!

Offline quantumlocke

« Reply #56 on: Thu, 17 February 2022, 17:54:00 »
Any updates on this one?

I just approved production renders, and GMK Birch is apparently in the production queue!

Progress is good news! But there are many sets in the production queue - what’s the latest estimated delivery window? NovelKeys is still showing Q1 2022 which is sorely in need of an update.

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
« Reply #57 on: Sat, 19 February 2022, 16:55:42 »
Any updates on this one?

Progress is good news! But there are many sets in the production queue - what’s the latest estimated delivery window? NovelKeys is still showing Q1 2022 which is sorely in need of an update.

I’m pretty sure Novelkeys didn’t run this.

Offline break

« Reply #58 on: Wed, 23 February 2022, 12:07:33 »
Any updates on this one?

Yeah, as NoPun noted your best bet for this set is to check CannonKeys as Novelkeys is completely unaffiliated (even if they sell wonderful keyboard and keyboard accessories).

CannonKeys is reporting a Q1 2022 delivery window. I personally am expecting closer to Q3 2022 (as GMK Red Alert, which I also ran, will apparently ship during that timeframe), but CK and I haven't received any updates from GMK yet.

Offline break

« Reply #59 on: Wed, 23 February 2022, 15:26:08 »
Oh forgot another update while I'm checking on GH and r/MK today - I'm going back and forth with GMK on the banderole design, and will share with you once approved. I hope you like it!

Offline break

Re: [GB] GMK Birch - samples + production renders approved, banderole soon
« Reply #60 on: Sat, 26 March 2022, 12:13:24 »
We now have a banderole for GMK Birch. This may be subject to small revision requests by GMK.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
I like it!  Nice work  :thumb:

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
Any updoots?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
Any updoots?

cannonkeys site says waiting production, waiting to hear from GMK for new timeline
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline break

Hi hello! We're slated for manufacturing in August. With banderole and RAMAs squared away, things look good.

Personally (and definitely not a vendor estimate), I'm cautiously optimistic this will arrive at doorsteps in either Q3 or Q4 2022.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
 :thumb:

Offline break

Re: [GB] GMK Birch - samples + production renders approved, banderole complete
« Reply #66 on: Tue, 09 August 2022, 16:07:42 »
If you purchased a Birch cable from Space Cables, please check your emails. Space's paracord supplier changed at some point, and the color on the "cream" colorway seems to have changed. Space has offered buyers a few options to remedy the situation.

(I will be keeping mine, as I still like the color very much.)

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #67 on: Tue, 23 August 2022, 20:56:11 »
Any news on production?   :D

Offline break

« Reply #68 on: Thu, 01 September 2022, 10:55:43 »
Any news on production?   :D

Unfortunately nothing new to report here. Vendors get updates before I do, so I'm hoping the next email from Cannon Keys mentions manufacturing or shipment.

Offline idealape

« Reply #69 on: Fri, 09 September 2022, 10:17:47 »
Looking forward to this. Alas the saka68 board i wanted to match it with was severly offcolored. Wasnt rosegold but superorangy.
also rosegold seems to be pasé as well, lilac is the pink of this season.
might go the navyroute to match this eventually

Sent from my J9210 using Tapatalk

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #70 on: Fri, 16 September 2022, 17:46:38 »
Cannonkeys update email says the set has finished production! 

Offline break

« Reply #71 on: Fri, 16 September 2022, 18:28:22 »

Offline break

Re: [GB] GMK Birch - production complete, shipping to vendors
« Reply #72 on: Fri, 16 September 2022, 18:29:58 »

Offline Sieglinde

« Reply #73 on: Fri, 16 September 2022, 22:30:54 »
This is my first ever GMK GB, very happy to hear that it wont be long  :thumb:

Offline norm

• My kingdom for convex blanks

Offline break

« Reply #76 on: Fri, 23 September 2022, 08:24:53 »
Hearing that EU- and UK-based customers are receiving shipping notifications for GMK Birch. Can't wait to see more pics in the wild. 😄

Offline aerospice

« Reply #77 on: Fri, 30 September 2022, 11:35:46 »
Based on the MK photos, the color-matching looks spot on! Can't wait to get my hands on this in 1-2 weeks; might grab an extra base+novelty set too

Offline break

Re: [GB] GMK Birch - production complete, vendors now shipping!
« Reply #78 on: Tue, 04 October 2022, 13:25:07 »
Hearing from some friends (but not personally, lol) that Cannon Keys has sent shipping notifications to buyers!

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #79 on: Tue, 04 October 2022, 14:22:13 »
Hearing from some friends (but not personally, lol) that Cannon Keys has sent shipping notifications to buyers!

Yep, got shipping notice this morning from cannonkeys!

Offline solomonshv

« Reply #80 on: Thu, 06 October 2022, 14:33:08 »
mine arrived today, came out  great. the mods colors resemble those of aged cherry PBT keycaps. this set will look good on silver keyboard. i'll probably put this on my incoming jane ME.
Keebs::: Bok.CP - Antique Copper | Keycult No.2/65 Black/Brass | Keycult No.2 Rev 1 Grey/Brass | Jane V2 CE - Black/Multicolor | J-01 Rev1 - Blue | Haus - Silver | Kohaku - Red | OwLab Jelly Epoch - Ruby SE & Popcorn | KBD8X MKII WKL - Black PC | Ayleen WKL - Gin
Caps::: GMK Modo, GMK Jamon, GMK Olive, GMK Mizu, GMK Olivia++, GMK Bingsu, GMK Analog Dreams, GMK Botanical, GMK Moondust, GMK Taro R2, GMK Hennessey, GMK Serika R2, GMK Birch, GMK Tuzi, GMK Red Alert, GMK Zooted, GMK Hazakura, GMK Cyrillic Beige, GMK Lavender, GMK Daifuku, GMK November Fog, GMK Villanelle, GMK Blossom, DCS 9009 WYSE Alps

On order: GMK Tiramisu, GMK Maroon, GMK Bordeaux, GMK Taiga

Offline idealape

« Reply #81 on: Fri, 07 October 2022, 07:11:26 »
got mine in as well yesterday via candykeys.
this is really a very nice set. so happy I joined! colourscheme is great, it's subtle but not boring beige. Although I believe old-skool beige lover most likely will dig this set as well. It's a light-peachlike color with a dash of prussianblue. 
I think it will match alot of boards: white, silver, blue, beige, and even pink boards I believe.
maybe nice to know since I don't see any renders for this GB.
Although MOQ was met tenfold I still believe this set flew a bit under the radar, and (considering how nice it is) it is underappreciated.

Offline break

« Reply #82 on: Fri, 07 October 2022, 16:00:04 »
got mine in as well yesterday via candykeys.
this is really a very nice set. so happy I joined! colourscheme is great, it's subtle but not boring beige. Although I believe old-skool beige lover most likely will dig this set as well. It's a light-peachlike color with a dash of prussianblue. 
I think it will match alot of boards: white, silver, blue, beige, and even pink boards I believe.
maybe nice to know since I don't see any renders for this GB.
Although MOQ was met tenfold I still believe this set flew a bit under the radar, and (considering how nice it is) it is underappreciated.

Thank you for the kind words!

You (and anyone else) can find renders on the GMK Birch interest check.

« Reply #83 on: Fri, 07 October 2022, 19:56:28 »
Please post pics of the set if you've received it :D

Offline solomonshv

« Reply #84 on: Sat, 08 October 2022, 02:35:54 »

i'm not the best picture taker, but here you go. on a silver jane with a grey keycult no2 with modo r1 in frame for reference.

after taking part in junk like gmk bread, this set restored my faith in keycap ground buys

EDIT, the attached picture is kind blown out. here is one that i think might be better https://i.ibb.co/KwB8cvJ/image0-2.jpg

EDIT2, the pictures look fine on my iphone 13's screen but they look like sh*t on the MSI monitor i'm using right meow. if you have a nice phone and cheap PC monitor, might be better to look at these on your phone.
« Last Edit: Sat, 08 October 2022, 02:49:10 by solomonshv »
Keebs::: Bok.CP - Antique Copper | Keycult No.2/65 Black/Brass | Keycult No.2 Rev 1 Grey/Brass | Jane V2 CE - Black/Multicolor | J-01 Rev1 - Blue | Haus - Silver | Kohaku - Red | OwLab Jelly Epoch - Ruby SE & Popcorn | KBD8X MKII WKL - Black PC | Ayleen WKL - Gin
Caps::: GMK Modo, GMK Jamon, GMK Olive, GMK Mizu, GMK Olivia++, GMK Bingsu, GMK Analog Dreams, GMK Botanical, GMK Moondust, GMK Taro R2, GMK Hennessey, GMK Serika R2, GMK Birch, GMK Tuzi, GMK Red Alert, GMK Zooted, GMK Hazakura, GMK Cyrillic Beige, GMK Lavender, GMK Daifuku, GMK November Fog, GMK Villanelle, GMK Blossom, DCS 9009 WYSE Alps

On order: GMK Tiramisu, GMK Maroon, GMK Bordeaux, GMK Taiga

Offline idealape

« Reply #85 on: Sat, 08 October 2022, 06:31:56 »

i'm not the best picture taker, but here you go. on a silver jane with a grey keycult no2 with modo r1 in frame for reference.

after taking part in junk like gmk bread, this set restored my faith in keycap ground buys

EDIT, the attached picture is kind blown out. here is one that i think might be better https://i.ibb.co/KwB8cvJ/image0-2.jpg

EDIT2, the pictures look fine on my iphone 13's screen but they look like sh*t on the MSI monitor i'm using right meow. if you have a nice phone and cheap PC monitor, might be better to look at these on your phone.
We share birch and the deskmat. My boards aint that premium (yet)

Offline Marlin

« Reply #86 on: Sat, 08 October 2022, 16:23:14 »
Just got my set yesterday and it is a beautiful set! I'm not a photographer but I think it looks pretty good on the suave blue Tomo.

Offline idealape

« Reply #87 on: Sat, 08 October 2022, 16:29:48 »

Just got my set yesterday and it is a beautiful set! I'm not a photographer but I think it looks pretty good on the suave blue Tomo.

That's a great combo

Offline norm

« Reply #88 on: Sun, 09 October 2022, 15:58:06 »
Show Image

Pinch me

I know, right?

Got mine as well recently and I won't bore you with posting and image but I just wanted to say how great this keycap set looks. You really knocked it out of the park on this one. One of the most aesthetic sets I have ever seen, an instant classic.

They can keep the boring pastel """"vaporwave"""" or (insert random east Asian cultural reference here) colorways, this one is in a class of it's own and I am glad to own it. Thank you.

i just wanted split spacebars in the accent color though :'(

Offline Kro

« Reply #89 on: Sun, 09 October 2022, 18:52:18 »
Could someone with an ultramarine v1 fjell please post a picture with this set?

Offline break

« Reply #90 on: Wed, 12 October 2022, 08:42:58 »

Show Image

Pinch me

I know, right?

Got mine as well recently and I won't bore you with posting and image but I just wanted to say how great this keycap set looks. You really knocked it out of the park on this one. One of the most aesthetic sets I have ever seen, an instant classic.

They can keep the boring pastel """"vaporwave"""" or (insert random east Asian cultural reference here) colorways, this one is in a class of it's own and I am glad to own it. Thank you.

i just wanted split spacebars in the accent color though :'(

Just want to say thank you all for the kind words.

For those sharing pics, would you mind if I posted to my Discord server? I get lots of questions about pairing GMK Birch with different finishes.

(I think all of your builds look excellent. <3)

Also, norm: I'm so sorry.  :'(

Offline break

« Reply #91 on: Wed, 12 October 2022, 16:14:38 »
Could someone with an ultramarine v1 fjell please post a picture with this set?

Here you go, from my server:

Offline norm

« Reply #92 on: Wed, 12 October 2022, 20:12:43 »

Just want to say thank you all for the kind words.

For those sharing pics, would you mind if I posted to my Discord server? I get lots of questions about pairing GMK Birch with different finishes.

(I think all of your builds look excellent. <3)

Also, norm: I'm so sorry.  :'(

"There's always R2"   ;D

Offline Sieglinde

« Reply #93 on: Thu, 13 October 2022, 13:57:14 »
Received my set from CK, didn't know what to expect since this is my first GMK set but the pictures posted here don't do it enough justice. Truly a beautiful set :thumb:

Offline kkd_20

« Reply #94 on: Tue, 14 February 2023, 00:47:27 »
I received mine couple of weeks ago. i like the colour combo

Offline idealape

« Reply #95 on: Tue, 13 June 2023, 03:55:56 »
still in stock in some places!
sent thocstock.com an update since it's not on there...yet

I had a question... is there a high res image of the artwork picture on the box (the birch trees) available?
Would like to use it as my screen background.

Also here my setup with birch on qk65 with Geon x haimu switches

as you can tell... I really like this set!