Author Topic: Looking for an all black wireless mouse  (Read 13277 times)

Offline apjula

Looking for an all black wireless mouse
« on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 01:55:12 »
I'm looking for a wireless mouse that doesn't look like a spaceship.

No LED or RGB. Just a black, simple and fullsize mouse

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
Re: Looking for an all black wireless mouse
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 08:34:21 »
G900?
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline apjula

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 09:50:20 »

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 09:52:41 »
G900?

That's a spaceship haha

I know I know... but it has an awesome shape, great battery life, and great tracking.

Offline apjula

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 10:00:05 »
G900?

That's a spaceship haha

I know I know... but it has an awesome shape, great battery life, and great tracking.

Yea I know, I've had a few logitech mice. They are amazing. I just need one that's not an eyesore on my desk haha.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 10:02:22 »
G900?

That's a spaceship haha

Yea I know, I've had a few logitech mice. They are amazing. I just need one that's not an eyesore on my desk haha.

Does it really NEED to be wireless?

oh oh... the G403 is also wireless! And it is REALLY black. EXACT same technology as G900, only a little bit less battery life.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 10:33:49 »
You can turn off the lighting on the G900, that's how I run mine.

Offline apjula

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 10:46:48 »
G900?

That's a spaceship haha

oh oh... the G403 is also wireless! And it is REALLY black. EXACT same technology as G900, only a little bit less battery life.

Yea Wireless is a must!

the g403 could be an option

Offline apjula

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 10:50:48 »

Show Image

That looks like something straight out of aliens vs predators....

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 11:33:18 »

Show Image

LOOKS SO HOT AF. MMM

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 11:34:01 »
G900?

That's a spaceship haha

Yea Wireless is a must!

the g403 could be an option

It's really an awesome mouse. The shape, for me, is perfect. The rubber grip on the sides is perfect. The plastic of the mouse buttons feels perfect.

10/10

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 16:20:23 »
Compared to other mice Logitech has released, the G900 is actually pretty tame, other than the section where the buttons hinge, it's really incredibly plain for such a high end mouse, much less a high end Logitech gaming mouse.

Turn off the light, and place it on a black mouse pad and it practically disappears, something I joked about in my review of it. Pictures (for once), because of lighting, actually make it look more wild than it actually is, for example the striations on the bottom are barely visible to the naked eye, and the dark gray area in front is made darker because of overhead lighting. As the shine wears off, the details blend even more.

This is how you see it in pictures, note the tons of small details visible.

This is more how it actually looks to the naked eye. All those minor details vanish.

Anyhow, if you want wireless...
First thing you should do is go look at Logitech's website for mice (gaming mice in particular) because they have dominated wireless mice for the last 20+ years, they should be the first (and possibly the only) place you should look. There are other companies, but none of them have the experience of Logitech. I have bought MANY wireless mice over the years trying to find alternatives to the pricey Logitech, I've probably had more wireless Logitech mice than most GH users have had mice, but they all were garbage by comparison, disconnects, short lifespan, lag... A $20 Logitech tends to be more reliable than most other companies high end mice, which is pretty sad when you think about it.

More importantly though...
Mouse, keyboard and monitors are actually the most important aspect of your computer, despite what Intel and Apple want you to believe. I don't care how fast your system is, if you have a garbage mouse, keyboard or monitor it's going to be terrible to use, these are the things you directly interact with. Doesn't match your decor? You should re-evaluate your computing habits and maybe buy an Ipad. Sorry if that's harsh, but it's true. Its a tool, not a piece of art you hang on your wall. Sometimes it can be both, but sometimes sacrifices must be made.

My advice, if you want a great wireless mouse, get a G900 if you can swing it (look or wait for sales), they have been found for under $100.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 16:23:51 »
Compared to other mice Logitech has released, the G900 is actually pretty tame, other than the section where the buttons hinge, it's really incredibly plain for such a high end mouse, much less a high end Logitech gaming mouse.

Turn off the light, and place it on a black mouse pad and it practically disappears, something I joked about in my review of it. Pictures (for once), because of lighting, actually make it look more wild than it actually is, for example the striations on the bottom are barely visible to the naked eye, and the dark gray area in front is made darker because of overhead lighting. As the shine wears off, the details blend even more.

This is how you see it in pictures, note the tons of small details visible.
Show Image

This is more how it actually looks to the naked eye. All those minor details vanish.
Show Image

Anyhow, if you want wireless...
First thing you should do is go look at Logitech's website for mice (gaming mice in particular) because they have dominated wireless mice for the last 20+ years, they should be the first (and possibly the only) place you should look. There are other companies, but none of them have the experience of Logitech. I have bought MANY wireless mice over the years trying to find alternatives to the pricey Logitech, I've probably had more wireless Logitech mice than most GH users have had mice, but they all were garbage by comparison, disconnects, short lifespan, lag... A $20 Logitech tends to be more reliable than most other companies high end mice, which is pretty sad when you think about it.

More importantly though...
Mouse, keyboard and monitors are actually the most important aspect of your computer, despite what Intel and Apple want you to believe. I don't care how fast your system is, if you have a garbage mouse, keyboard or monitor it's going to be terrible to use, these are the things you directly interact with. Doesn't match your decor? You should re-evaluate your computing habits and maybe buy an Ipad. Sorry if that's harsh, but it's true. Its a tool, not a piece of art you hang on your wall. Sometimes it can be both, but sometimes sacrifices must be made.

My advice, if you want a great wireless mouse, get a G900 if you can swing it (look or wait for sales), they have been found for under $100.

I couldn't agree more. For years, I listened to Apple. Ignored my nerd instincts. Used the Apple Magic Mouse. Used the chiclet-style "keyboard" or whatever that kind of input device was supposed to be.

Then in 2012 I developed slight RSI (imagine holding that mouse non-stop). Ditched the mouse, ditched the keyboard. Went into mechs. No RSI anymore.

Recently, stepping up mah game. I want to get back into (semi-competitive gaming) but I keep losing. Partly due to lack of skill yes, but I've been trying to game BF4 / csgo with Topre. So I bought G403, QCK XXL, now the Filco Majestouch 2 silent reds, and am now deciding on buying the 144hz ips (VA) asus PG279Q (soo expensive). And then I can start training.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 16:40:37 »
Then in 2012 I developed slight RSI (imagine holding that mouse non-stop). Ditched the mouse, ditched the keyboard. Went into mechs. No RSI anymore.

This brings up another point...
Using garbage peripherals can and will LEAD to problems, after which you will be forced to either use better (or different) peripherals OR not be able to use a computer at all.
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 16:52:15 »

This brings up another point...
Using garbage peripherals can and will LEAD to problems, after which you will be forced to either use better (or different) peripherals OR not be able to use a computer at all.

That is really true. You know... the Apple Magic Mouse has soo much smoothing / acceleration, you can accomplish nothing with it. But I forgot about proper hardware coz you know... apple fanboyism.

Offline Bucake

« Reply #15 on: Tue, 02 May 2017, 03:33:34 »
razer has just released a wireless mouse called the Razer Lancehead, though it might be a bit more on the dark grey side than actually black:

https://www.razerzone.com/gaming-mice/razer-lancehead

there are already youtube clips of impressions/unboxings that show what the mouse is about
IBM Model F XT // Realforce 87U 55g Type-S // HHKBP2 45g Type-S // KBT Pure Pro Cherry MX Red

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #16 on: Tue, 02 May 2017, 06:09:50 »
razer has just released a wireless mouse called the Razer Lancehead, though it might be a bit more on the dark grey side than actually black:

there are already youtube clips of impressions/unboxings that show what the mouse is about
Unboxings and early impressions don't tell you if it drops connections on occasion 3 months down the road. which is a problem for a LOT of wireless mice.

I'm not saying this does, but wired people always talk about disconnects, and this is why. Granted, many of them are testing the waters and buy garbage and think it represents all of wireless, but it really is an issue with a a lot of them, even the high end. As such, I take a very cautious approach unless it's Logitech or MS. Even they need some special consideration to be problem free (which Logitech does document if you read the instructions).

I WANT to find alternatives to them, I really do. I salute the fact that they are trying, but like I said, I've been let down by almost every alternative brands I've tried (unless they were built by Logitech or MS).
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline Bucake

« Reply #17 on: Tue, 02 May 2017, 06:52:54 »
i agree with you :-) i just brought it up for consideration, not as a recommendation. i don't know about OP's priorities after all.

personally i would not consider the above mentioned lancehead unless its performance was proven to be good,
and i doubt it matches the g403 or g900 in performance, but i hope it's good enough to count as competition :D
IBM Model F XT // Realforce 87U 55g Type-S // HHKBP2 45g Type-S // KBT Pure Pro Cherry MX Red

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #18 on: Tue, 02 May 2017, 06:55:09 »

Unboxings and early impressions don't tell you if it drops connections on occasion 3 months down the road. which is a problem for a LOT of wireless mice.

I'm not saying this does, but wired people always talk about disconnects, and this is why. Granted, many of them are testing the waters and buy garbage and think it represents all of wireless, but it really is an issue with a a lot of them, even the high end. As such, I take a very cautious approach unless it's Logitech or MS. Even they need some special consideration to be problem free (which Logitech does document if you read the instructions).

I WANT to find alternatives to them, I really do. I salute the fact that they are trying, but like I said, I've been let down by almost every alternative brands I've tried (unless they were built by Logitech or MS).

G900 and G403 are the only wireless mice that actually work RELIABLY: no signal drop, accurate battery life.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #19 on: Tue, 02 May 2017, 06:56:13 »
i agree with you :-) i just brought it up for consideration, not as a recommendation. i don't know about OP's priorities after all.

personally i would not consider the above mentioned lancehead unless its performance was proven to be good,
and i doubt it matches the g403 or g900 in performance, but i hope it's good enough to count as competition :D

Does Razer ever make good products? Only thing I see on the internet is complaining about Razer products.

Offline apjula

« Reply #20 on: Tue, 02 May 2017, 13:53:14 »
Thank you all for taking the time to reply :)

I have read it all and I do understand what you are trying to tell me!

I'm not really a gamer, i play hearthstone from time to time.

I will keep looking for something that matches my preferences :)

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #21 on: Tue, 02 May 2017, 13:56:06 »

U diplomat bro? That's genius. That's like turning "I LIKE NONE I SEE" into a compliment ;-)

Nah I'm joking. It's difficult to find the mouse that perfectly fit your needs. A couple of years ago I was dissapointed with EVERY mouse by Logitech. So I bought the Mionix Avior 7000. All Logitech mice had something that I disliked.. the shape... button placement... the feet. It was horrible for me. Especially these "spaceship designs". I think the G900 is relatively ok in that department compared to, for instance, the G502.

I am convinced though that everybody should buy a mouse with the PWM3366 (the one originally in the g502 mouse). It's flawless.

Offline apjula

« Reply #22 on: Tue, 02 May 2017, 14:01:26 »

U diplomat bro? That's genius. That's like turning "I LIKE NONE I SEE" into a compliment ;-)

Nah I'm joking. It's difficult to find the mouse that perfectly fit your needs. A couple of years ago I was dissapointed with EVERY mouse by Logitech. So I bought the Mionix Avior 7000. All Logitech mice had something that I disliked.. the shape... button placement... the feet. It was horrible for me. Especially these "spaceship designs". I think the G900 is relatively ok in that department compared to, for instance, the G502.

I am convinced though that everybody should buy a mouse with the PWM3366 (the one originally in the g502 mouse). It's flawless.

The one thing I don't get is the argument people make about that you don't see the design because your hand covers the mouse. That's exactly my point, why does it have to be a spaceship if no one can see it's a spaceship? haha.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #23 on: Tue, 02 May 2017, 15:32:14 »

The one thing I don't get is the argument people make about that you don't see the design because your hand covers the mouse. That's exactly my point, why does it have to be a spaceship if no one can see it's a spaceship? haha.

Uhh.. you contradict yourself here right? Because earlier you said you want a real black black mouse. But you yourself have your mouse covered with your hand as well. Or did I miss something?

WAIT... you ARE gonna use that mouse with your HAND riiiiight?

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #24 on: Wed, 03 May 2017, 03:33:33 »
Does Razer ever make good products? Only thing I see on the internet is complaining about Razer products.
Not sure*, but they did manage to find the best Cherry Blue switches and put them into a keyboard, which (I ripped out, HA!).

*Actually they made a great mousepad (Sphex).
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline ykilroy

« Reply #25 on: Sat, 27 May 2017, 22:46:50 »
How about mx-anywhere2 or thinkpad bluetooth mouse?
Linger, Al-65, M5-92, LSv2

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #26 on: Thu, 22 June 2017, 10:56:59 »
G900 and G403 are the only wireless mice that actually work RELIABLY: no signal drop, accurate battery life.

I've RMA'ed two G900s and one G403 wireless

What about the new rev of the MX Master? (this one). The original version was a brown-ish color, looks like the new one is blackish/dark gray. It's a great mouse.
« Last Edit: Thu, 22 June 2017, 10:58:33 by daerid »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #27 on: Thu, 22 June 2017, 10:58:01 »

For signal drop? Or what was the issue?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #28 on: Thu, 22 June 2017, 12:00:32 »

//Gasp...

Offline DaBubbs

« Reply #29 on: Thu, 22 June 2017, 22:15:01 »

I am interested to know as well. I just got my first G900 and it I couldn't be happier thus far.
When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #30 on: Thu, 22 June 2017, 22:23:43 »

I am interested to know as well. I just got my first G900 and it I couldn't be happier thus far.

For whatever reason the G900 works much better for me at home than it did at work, so far the G403 seems like a good fit for the office.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #31 on: Fri, 23 June 2017, 11:17:05 »

For whatever reason the G900 works much better for me at home than it did at work, so far the G403 seems like a good fit for the office.

I wish the g403 had just 2 more buttons..

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #32 on: Sat, 22 July 2017, 19:57:57 »

Each one developed a stuttering cursor after a couple months of use. The 403 also had an overly loose mouse wheel. It really sucks because they are by far the greatest wireless mice I have ever used, when they work. I feel a bit burned on wireless products these days, to be honest. I still have my 403 wired and my G Pro that I switch between, though. Couldn't be happier with those.