Author Topic: Suited Up Keycaps  (Read 960315 times)

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
Re: Suited Up Keycaps - "Tailor Made" Sale Now Closed - 66% of invoices sent
« Reply #600 on: Mon, 11 April 2016, 14:25:57 »
One Covalent Keybuto paid for :D
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline grav3serker

• graves + berserker = grav3serker
Come on final 3%! RNGesus bless me!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Offline Incredigasmic

• Orange is Love. Orange is Life.
Final 3% please......
"If I married my 6th grade gf I'd be white trash...7th grade I'd be alright" ~ Binge

"Incredi is the foremost master of all things orange" ~ BroCaps

Offline sek1ne

• Sek-eye-n
Re: Suited Up Keycaps - "Tailor Made" Sale Now Closed - 97% of invoices sent
« Reply #603 on: Mon, 11 April 2016, 14:44:28 »
With 3% left to go out I'm not going to hold my breath. My streak continues...
Biking is fun.

Offline UTommieTanka

« Reply #604 on: Mon, 11 April 2016, 14:53:17 »
Wooo! just got a Crazed Keybuto MX. Thanks for the sale =)

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #605 on: Mon, 11 April 2016, 15:09:26 »

High five for Suited Up streaks!  0/3 now!
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline sek1ne

• Sek-eye-n
« Reply #606 on: Mon, 11 April 2016, 15:11:03 »

I meant raffles in general. I'm only 0/2 for suited up though.
Biking is fun.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #607 on: Mon, 11 April 2016, 15:14:21 »

Oddly enough, I tend to have RNGesus' favor because I've done quite well on other raffles, just never on Suited Up raffles.
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline Xiro7

« Reply #608 on: Mon, 11 April 2016, 15:15:58 »

Oddly enough, I tend to have RNGesus' favor because I've done quite well on other raffles, just never on Suited Up raffles.

I am always curious what the # of entries were vs the total # artisans produced. Am I just that unlucky or am I looking at lottery-like odds?

Offline sek1ne

• Sek-eye-n
« Reply #609 on: Mon, 11 April 2016, 15:23:56 »

No such luck here. I'm at like 0/12 or so. Flash sales have been a no go as well.
Biking is fun.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #610 on: Mon, 11 April 2016, 15:25:00 »
Man, I regret not joining this. I already have a Keybuto and wanted others to enjoy them, but reclicking on the album fills me with regret.  :'(

Offline -musubi

• Spam rice 'n eggs
Ay I actually won within the last 3%! First raffle win sweet, thanks bambino!

Offline UTommieTanka

« Reply #612 on: Mon, 11 April 2016, 15:28:58 »

Damn man that sucks.... I've entered like 7? sales so far and I think I've won 4 so far. Only started collecting a few months ago and feel like I am getting extremely lucky.

No such luck here. I'm at like 0/12 or so. Flash sales have been a no go as well.

Offline Bambino

• * Maker
  • Suited Up Keycaps

I am always curious what the # of entries were vs the total # artisans produced. Am I just that unlucky or am I looking at lottery-like odds?
I can proudly say that my sales have not been like other artisans' recent sales where you have less than 10% selected to purchase or Clackvent where you're expected to make yourself a monkey in a carnival game and THEN win the lottery to win :P

The odds here aren't so bad. Less than half of the entries were sent an invoice, but not dramatically less. People just don't come out and post about winning as much as they do about not winning. Chock that up to human nature, I guess.

I wish more artisans would find ways to produce more! I do what I can, but I can't devote long hours to the task and what I HAVE been putting out has unfortunately been taking a toll on my health. Don't get me wrong- I've enjoyed every minute of it, but perhaps I need to be boosting efficiency or just changing my pace.

Anyway, just know I pay close attention to positive AND negative reactions. It hasn't been so long that I don't remember what it's like on the buyer side. I've taken part in many other sales even after starting my own work too. I've been 2/7 so far. So I know what it's like to be shafted in a raffle or outrun in a FCFS sale. For Suited Up Keycaps, making the experience a joy for the buyer will remain the number one, top-priority, make-or-break goal, even if it can't always be offered to everyone.

Offline pwade3

I can proudly say that my sales have not been like other artisans' recent sales where you have less than 10% selected to purchase or Clackvent where you're expected to make yourself a monkey in a carnival game and THEN win the lottery to win :P

The odds here aren't so bad. Less than half of the entries were sent an invoice, but not dramatically less. People just don't come out and post about winning as much as they do about not winning. Chock that up to human nature, I guess.

I wish more artisans would find ways to produce more! I do what I can, but I can't devote long hours to the task and what I HAVE been putting out has unfortunately been taking a toll on my health. Don't get me wrong- I've enjoyed every minute of it, but perhaps I need to be boosting efficiency or just changing my pace.

Anyway, just know I pay close attention to positive AND negative reactions. It hasn't been so long that I don't remember what it's like on the buyer side. I've taken part in many other sales even after starting my own work too. I've been 2/7 so far. So I know what it's like to be shafted in a raffle or outrun in a FCFS sale. For Suited Up Keycaps, making the experience a joy for the buyer will remain the number one, top-priority, make-or-break goal, even if it can't always be offered to everyone.

Wasn't in this raffle, but as a semi-casual fan of artisans I'd rather get shafted by RNGsus than have to stalk a thread or click faster than someone in a FCFS sale. The only time I feel negatively about a raffle sale is when people buy multiple caps just to trade them off immediately or sell them. But that's not so much the fault of the sale than is it of the buyer, you know?

Offline Xiro7

You don't have to apologize for anything man. I would rather have a chance and not win one of your keycaps than you not make them at all and I never had a chance to even try. You make some incredible artisans and if I don't win and really want one, I can pay after-market prices from someone else. Keep doing what you are doing and someday the luck will fall in my favor.

Offline sek1ne

• Sek-eye-n

You don't have to apologize for anything man. I would rather have a chance and not win one of your keycaps than you not make them at all and I never had a chance to even try. You make some incredible artisans and if I don't win and really want one, I can pay after-market prices from someone else. Keep doing what you are doing and someday the luck will fall in my favor.

I absolutely agree. I would definitely be on here telling everyone if I'd won though. These are some awesome looking caps.
Biking is fun.

Offline PunksDead

• hspernks
  • keyboard poser

you big leaguing me fam?

don't come to my funeral, there wont be one

Offline Bambino

• * Maker
  • Suited Up Keycaps

you big leaguing me fam?

Show Image

This guy. If only you'd give us a chance to be mercilessly shafted in one of your sales  :'(
« Last Edit: Mon, 11 April 2016, 17:13:08 by Bambino »

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder

As much as I like your caps, no maker should ever have to suffer personally to put stuff out.  Take care of yourself first and foremost and then do what you can for artisans, but never sacrifice yourself personally to keep putting sales up or to feed demand, because there will always be demand.  And thanks for doing raffles even if I never seem to win any of yours :D

Offline gain

« Reply #620 on: Mon, 11 April 2016, 17:59:15 »
first keybuto wew
paid  :thumb:

Offline GreyAmbience

• I can stop when ever I want

I won a Nautilus Keybuto (navy blue, white and red). I already have a Keybuto I got to buy from Winnja because I am trying to get a collection started. 

If you want you can buy my Nautilus Keybuto when I get it and the same price as I got.

Offline sek1ne

• Sek-eye-n

I won a Nautilus Keybuto (navy blue, white and red). I already have a Keybuto I got to buy from Winnja because I am trying to get a collection started. 

If you want you can buy my Nautilus Keybuto when I get it and the same price as I got.

That is amazing of you to offer but I definitely don't want to get in the way of your collection. Especially since it's only just started. I really appreciate it though. I can wait and take my chance at the next raffle.
Biking is fun.

Offline enthal007br

« Reply #623 on: Mon, 11 April 2016, 21:12:30 »
Thanks so much for doing this sale! My buddy just recently got me into this, so this is actually my first artisan to start my collection. Very excited!

Offline GreyAmbience

• I can stop when ever I want
Man, I regret not joining this. I already have a Keybuto and wanted others to enjoy them, but reclicking on the album fills me with regret.  :'(
Can you link me that album.?

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #625 on: Mon, 11 April 2016, 21:19:50 »
Thanks so much for doing this sale! My buddy just recently got me into this, so this is actually my first artisan to start my collection. Very excited!

That's awesome. Great caps to get started with!

Offline rotciveel

• Fugu Curator Extraordinaire
« Reply #626 on: Mon, 11 April 2016, 21:25:49 »
Luckily got my first choice, Maverick! Awesome!

Offline Bambino

• * Maker
  • Suited Up Keycaps
Glad to hear it!  I hope you enjoy your collecting!

It wasn't until I had a whole handful of caps that I really started to understand peoples' craziness about them. Now I can't get enough.

Offline Vimto

« Reply #628 on: Mon, 11 April 2016, 22:39:51 »
Praying I'm in the 3% of invoices not yet sent

HHKB Pro 2    HHKB Pro 2   Realforce 87U       WhiteFox        Keyboardio
   BT Hasu                              55g 10th      The True Fox        Model 01
  Controller                        Anniversary Ed.     On Order         On Order

Offline Wetherbee

« Reply #629 on: Mon, 11 April 2016, 22:52:23 »

Well, it was worth a shot. Guess I'll go cry myself to sleep.

Offline sek1ne

• Sek-eye-n
« Reply #630 on: Mon, 11 April 2016, 23:27:10 »

Well, it was worth a shot. Guess I'll go cry myself to sleep.

It's not all bad. There will be other raffles. You can always try trading for one eventually.
Biking is fun.

Offline Wetherbee

« Reply #631 on: Tue, 12 April 2016, 00:15:07 »
darn
« Last Edit: Wed, 19 October 2016, 02:03:16 by amoswetherbee »

Offline mrlooolz

Dang it
Ducky Shine 5 w Mx Browns  | White fox w Zelio's purple 67g | Gateron Blank set

Current Aims: Jack O Lantern is my end game cap. Looking for one.
                                                   --> MrLooolz's Classified. <--

Offline TieuNgu

« Reply #633 on: Tue, 12 April 2016, 00:40:21 »
Grats on winners of these amazing caps, well, you win some you lose some... today i got the shorter end of the stick. On to the next Suited Up sale then :D

Offline Otesanek

True dat. Although, I wish people would stop recommending trading. As a newcomer here, I find that barrier to entry to be extremely high. What people forget is that in order to trade for something, you need to have something to trade. I have nothing of value to the community, as even the mighty US dollar is shunned by both artists and members. There are even artists that will blacklist you if you are caught selling their keycaps because they are attempting to stop profiteering, but one of the victims of that is newcomers who have no caps and need somewhere to start.

I understand the concept as I'm an old art collector (like oil paintings). I'm somewhat familiar with the economic model of artists selling their goods below market rates in order to generate demand and increase the value of their works within the aftermarket community. Banksy is a master of this. Rather than allow economics to dictate that only the rich may own great art, or mass-produce items which would leave a bad taste in any artist's mouth, raffle sales enable the everyday joe to own a masterpiece. The downside is that sometimes you win, and sometimes you lose. Telling a loser to go trade for something only adds injury to insult if they have nothing to trade. I'm not even sure that the trading community is even robust enough to enable you to find the one particular key you may be looking for. Too many people, not enough keycaps.

I know I'm preaching to the choir. Fortunately I'm patient and can wait for future sales! :)
I can't really speak for all artisans, but I think most only have a problem with resellers if they are doing so for profit. If someone were to sell caps at retail value, I don't think the artisan would blacklist them...

Offline sek1ne

• Sek-eye-n
« Reply #635 on: Tue, 12 April 2016, 01:56:07 »

True dat. Although, I wish people would stop recommending trading. As a newcomer here, I find that barrier to entry to be extremely high. What people forget is that in order to trade for something, you need to have something to trade. I have nothing of value to the community, as even the mighty US dollar is shunned by both artists and members. There are even artists that will blacklist you if you are caught selling their keycaps because they are attempting to stop profiteering, but one of the victims of that is newcomers who have no caps and need somewhere to start.

I understand the concept as I'm an old art collector (like oil paintings). I'm somewhat familiar with the economic model of artists selling their goods below market rates in order to generate demand and increase the value of their works within the aftermarket community. Banksy is a master of this. Rather than allow economics to dictate that only the rich may own great art, or mass-produce items which would leave a bad taste in any artist's mouth, raffle sales enable the everyday joe to own a masterpiece. The downside is that sometimes you win, and sometimes you lose. Telling a loser to go trade for something only adds injury to insult if they have nothing to trade. I'm not even sure that the trading community is even robust enough to enable you to find the one particular key you may be looking for. Too many people, not enough keycaps.

I know I'm preaching to the choir. Fortunately I'm patient and can wait for future sales! :)

I know exactly how frustrating it is. I've got nothing to trade either. I'm also in Canada so some folks won't ship here anyways.
« Last Edit: Fri, 09 February 2018, 16:55:28 by HoffmanMyster »
Biking is fun.

Offline QuickDelat

« Reply #636 on: Tue, 12 April 2016, 02:24:39 »
Belgian tri-colore, erm... I mean Shogunate Keybuto, YES!

Offline sek1ne

• Sek-eye-n
« Reply #637 on: Tue, 12 April 2016, 02:32:14 »
Belgian tri-colore, erm... I mean Shogunate Keybuto, YES!

Congratulations.
Biking is fun.

Offline yowaffle

« Reply #638 on: Tue, 12 April 2016, 04:57:56 »

I'm actually in the same exact boat as you haha. I usually win all the raffles I enter but for some reason I'm 0/3 here T_T
V60 [MQC] | KC60 [Zealiostotles] | Leopold FC660c [Topre] |  Ducky Shine 4 [MX Brown] | MiniVan [Zealios]

Offline terminallytrill

« Reply #639 on: Tue, 12 April 2016, 19:07:08 »
Paid the invoice.  :cool: Wonder which one I got. Here's hoping for Nantucket

Offline Bambino

• * Maker
  • Suited Up Keycaps
« Reply #640 on: Tue, 12 April 2016, 19:16:50 »
Paid the invoice.  :cool: Wonder which one I got. Here's hoping for Nantucket

The type of cap is shown in the details of the invoice if you click through!

Offline sek1ne

• Sek-eye-n
I'm excited to see all the pictures of these caps once people start receiving them.
Biking is fun.

Offline mrlooolz

3% please be me

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
3% please be me

Nope. See title change =/ was hoping the same thing myself.

Offline mrlooolz

Offline SaiZn

Received my Sinister Keybuto! :thumb:

I do wish it was a Crazed Keybuto which I wanted the most but this still looks great nonetheless.

Offline sek1ne

• Sek-eye-n

Show Image

I do wish it was a Crazed Keybuto which I wanted the most but this still looks great nonetheless.

That looks great! It was my first choice.
Biking is fun.

Offline Bambino

• * Maker
  • Suited Up Keycaps

Show Image

Good stuff! Happy to see it out in the wild!   :thumb:

Offline zearoh

Got my Nautilus Keybuto in the mail today :)

On the board with his buddies

Thanks Bambino!

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Got my Nautilus Keybuto in the mail today :)
Show Image

On the board with his buddies
Show Image

Thanks Bambino!

That red/white/blue looks awesome!