Author Topic: [GB] LZ St (COMPLETED)  (Read 72552 times)

Offline poolside

Re: [GB] LZ St : Shipping
« Reply #200 on: Thu, 09 November 2017, 15:34:53 »
Nice, how smooth does the finish feel compared to the WhiteFox?

Offline Cocopah

• Lurker Extraordinaire
« Reply #201 on: Thu, 09 November 2017, 17:30:55 »
Got a nice surprise today

Offline megaforce

« Reply #202 on: Thu, 09 November 2017, 18:10:38 »
By far the best box I've ever gotten a keyboard in.

Love me some Korean melons.
Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #203 on: Thu, 09 November 2017, 20:00:06 »
By far the best box I've ever gotten a keyboard in.

Show Image

Love me some Korean melons.

You will always get this kind of service from LZ.  No one comes close to his level of presentation or quality.

That is why I always keep coming back for his keyboards.

Offline dc_in_sf

• Old Bastard
« Reply #204 on: Thu, 09 November 2017, 23:47:42 »
Build went well

Glad my sit/stand desk is rated for 300 lbs, this board is heavy!!!

Edited:Fixed image link
« Last Edit: Thu, 09 November 2017, 23:49:20 by dc_in_sf »

Offline dubious

• 쏘쿨
« Reply #205 on: Fri, 10 November 2017, 02:39:14 »
Build went well

Show Image

I like this, good stuff

Offline MajorKoos

• 1 life please. Extra large.
« Reply #206 on: Fri, 10 November 2017, 09:09:24 »
Build went well

Show Image

Nice melons :)

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #207 on: Mon, 13 November 2017, 05:33:17 »
LZ, any updates on shipping? No rush, just wondering how far through it all is. Thanks.

Nevermind, I see it's all on the googledoc.  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Mon, 13 November 2017, 15:30:53 by futurecrime »

Offline rasmusx

« Reply #208 on: Mon, 13 November 2017, 07:54:34 »
Got mine from customs on last Friday. Now waiting for some other components to arrive before building..

Packaging was nice. No damaged goods.

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
« Reply #209 on: Mon, 13 November 2017, 13:43:30 »
Hey LZ,

Sent you a PM regarding incorrect shipping information associated with the tracking number that you provided. In short, the address looks to be incorrect as it doesn't match my PayPal shipping address. Please let me know when you get a chance.

Offline dc_in_sf

• Old Bastard
« Reply #210 on: Tue, 14 November 2017, 10:56:46 »
Picked up a baby scale (have three week old twin girls), so of course weighed the LZ

With pcb/plate and keycaps installed it comes out as 2.61 kg or 5 lbs 12 ounces

currently heavier than either of the twins  :))

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #211 on: Tue, 14 November 2017, 17:36:04 »
Picked up a baby scale (have three week old twin girls), so of course weighed the LZ

With pcb/plate and keycaps installed it comes out as 2.61 kg or 5 lbs 12 ounces

currently heavier than either of the twins  :))

hehehe

that's kinda funny
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline ihalatch

« Reply #212 on: Tue, 14 November 2017, 19:02:49 »
My parcel has been returned to sender  because of prohibited items - a gold plate :) I'm stupefied by Australian Customs and Border Control???!!! This was not as funny as I thought. Actually my parcel was returned to the sender because the case was put in a fruit box :) Australia doesn't allow any kind of food and especially fruit to enter the country. Please, LZ use a normal  packaging  not food boxes :)

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #213 on: Tue, 14 November 2017, 21:39:49 »
My parcel has been returned to sender  because of prohibited items - a gold plate :) I'm stupefied by Australian Customs and Border Control???!!! This was not as funny as I thought. Actually my parcel was returned to the sender because the case was put in a fruit box :) Australia doesn't allow any kind of food and especially fruit to enter the country. Please, LZ use a normal  packaging  not food boxes :)

Wait, they didn't even check to see what's inside it? What a bunch of dimwits.

Offline ihalatch

« Reply #214 on: Tue, 14 November 2017, 21:44:35 »

No mate this is Straya. That's how strict we are or maybe it's easier this way not to give a sh#t!

Offline rasmusx

« Reply #215 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 04:31:23 »
Sad, but kinda funny at the same time :D
I hope you get yours soon!

Offline xauser

« Reply #216 on: Thu, 16 November 2017, 13:01:27 »
Got mine today from customs.

machining: perfect
anodizing: perfect
finish: perfect

(haven't tested electronics yet)

Well done LZ & thank you! Until next time.

Offline Cocopah

• Lurker Extraordinaire
« Reply #217 on: Fri, 17 November 2017, 10:51:30 »
Finally had time to build mine. Box whites are great. I figured out you can still use leds with them if your only looking for underglow. They probably wouldn’t work well with a backlit keyset, but who uses those anyways? They will always remain off, but it’s nice knowing they’re there lol.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #218 on: Fri, 17 November 2017, 13:51:25 »
Finally had time to build mine. Box whites are great. I figured out you can still use leds with them if your only looking for underglow. They probably wouldn’t work well with a backlit keyset, but who uses those anyways? They will always remain off, but it’s nice knowing they’re there lol.

Show Image

I always install LEDs, but I only really use them for pictures
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline LifeZ

• LifeZone
« Reply #219 on: Sun, 19 November 2017, 23:52:23 »

No mate this is Straya. That's how strict we are or maybe it's easier this way not to give a sh#t!
I received a call from EMS today.
The product is back ..... :mad:
I wrote down the name of the product inside.
No other country had any problem with the shipping, not just the name of the box.
I do not think there is a reason why I have to pay shipping again.
First, I will file a claim to EMS. :mad:
LZ Limited

Offline ihalatch

« Reply #220 on: Sun, 19 November 2017, 23:56:04 »

No other country had any problem with the shipping, not just the name of the box.

I'll pay the shipping. Please, just send it in a normal packaging - no food boxes. I'll pm you.

Offline Cocopah

• Lurker Extraordinaire
« Reply #221 on: Sun, 19 November 2017, 23:58:59 »

I'll pay the shipping. Please, just send it in a normal packaging - no food boxes. I'll pm you.

Man that sucks  :( people use random boxes all the time. I'm surprised they didn't even bother to check. They must have been lazy.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #222 on: Mon, 20 November 2017, 04:29:56 »

The product is back ..... >:(
First, I will file a claim to EMS. >:(

Weird because I buy all sorts of stuff from everywhere around this planet and Australian customs always keeps an extra eye on ALL of my goods coming in but never, was any item sent back to it's point of departure due to being "food".

Either you lucked out by coming across a Grade-A Moron, which is quite common here in Convict Town because let's face it have a look at who's leading us here.......  :p

When you have fools and idiots taking control of everything here, is it any wonder why this place remains a joke in the Southern Hemisphere.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #223 on: Mon, 20 November 2017, 04:40:28 »
Man that sucks  :( people use random boxes all the time. I'm surprised they didn't even bother to check. They must have been lazy.

No they're imbeciles who have spent too much of their spare time humping their own mothers and sisters, hence look at the end results  8) .

Just always expect failure and above all else, their normal inability to count with their own fingers or even hold or use a pen.  This is what Convict Town has become, a cesspit of inbred morons who think the world revolves around them, which is funny considering most of them actually still believe that the Earth is flat.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #224 on: Fri, 01 December 2017, 03:31:48 »
Just received my shipping notice from our illustrious maker here.

His latest creation is making it's way down under  :thumb: .  Also look's like it might get here before Xmas so one of my minions will be happy, she has been waiting for this keyboard and sure enough she will know what it's like to own a piece of Art that very few people would ever have.

As always LZ, thank you for making this keyboard for me and I know she will be amazed at your work because thus far she has only really typed on Logitech and Dell keyboards (her choice here).

It's always the young that usually miss out on owning something unique but not for her, she deserves this more than you lot would ever know.....

Offline ihalatch

« Reply #225 on: Fri, 01 December 2017, 05:24:10 »
PLEASE, HELP! I haven't got a clue of how to put my keyboard together. A piece of the pcb gets between the top and the bottom parts??? I took a photo. Do I have to cut it out???!!!
 :( I already soldered the damn thing?

Easily fixed :)

Offline LifeZ

• LifeZone
« Reply #226 on: Fri, 01 December 2017, 06:06:32 »
PLEASE, HELP! I haven't got a clue of how to put my keyboard together. A piece of the pcb gets between the top and the bottom parts??? I took a photo. Do I have to cut it out???!!!

Hey, cut it out!!  :D
It is Just SMT guide.
LZ Limited

Offline ihalatch

« Reply #227 on: Fri, 01 December 2017, 06:07:53 »

It is Just SMT guide.

I haven't got the tools or the skills to do it unfortunately :(

Offline LifeZ

• LifeZone
« Reply #228 on: Fri, 01 December 2017, 06:10:31 »

It is Just SMT guide.

You need two hand and power/
LZ Limited

Offline ihalatch

« Reply #229 on: Fri, 01 December 2017, 06:38:22 »
How to do it?

It is Just SMT guide.

You need two hand and power/

:) Too easy. Thanks LZ. It's amazing. I'm typing on it.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
Re: [GB] LZ St : all Shiped
« Reply #230 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 00:29:30 »
It has
ARRIVED
The Mrs says it's a fairly large Cardboard Box that's from Korea and there's only one person I know that lives and works there  8) .

I told her to carefully unpack it so the minions don't know it's arrived.  It'll be a Xmas present for the youngest with newly installed GMK keyset applied.

As usual LZ you have out did yourself, can't wait to get back in town to see his latest creation but I am never caught short when he delivers a fully working keyboard, it simply is the World's Best designed and crafted example.

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #231 on: Wed, 06 December 2017, 17:27:55 »
got mine in red.  it's a beautiful board.  thanks, LZ!

(more pics here)

a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline ihalatch

« Reply #232 on: Wed, 06 December 2017, 21:06:20 »
LZ St with lubed ergo clear switches with stickers and sip sockets installed & SA Godspeed.

Offline NealCaffery

« Reply #233 on: Thu, 07 December 2017, 00:23:08 »
attachment

Offline MajorKoos

Re: [GB] LZ St (COMPLETED)
« Reply #235 on: Mon, 11 December 2017, 13:33:50 »

184127-0

184129-1

« Last Edit: Mon, 11 December 2017, 13:36:27 by MajorKoos »

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #236 on: Mon, 11 December 2017, 18:05:28 »
attachment

YES the Silver one is the same one I bought off LZ.

Have some brand new GMK Yuri's to fill that keyboard with, when I get back in a week's time.

Offline xauser

« Reply #237 on: Sat, 23 December 2017, 05:04:00 »
Completed my build yesterday.

184980-0

Running tmk firmware.

Offline MajorKoos

« Reply #238 on: Sat, 23 December 2017, 07:44:07 »
Completed my build yesterday.

(Attachment Link)

Running tmk firmware.

Looks awesome.
Please share a link to the fw repo!

Offline xauser

« Reply #239 on: Sat, 23 December 2017, 07:49:37 »

Offline MajorKoos

« Reply #240 on: Sat, 23 December 2017, 11:48:33 »
Thanks!

Offline boo

« Reply #241 on: Sat, 23 December 2017, 13:05:07 »
LZ St tmk firmware https://github.com/xauser/tmk_keyboard/tree/xauser/keyboard/l3

I'm new at the firmware but what are the benefits of TMK vs L3?

Thank you!

Offline MajorKoos

« Reply #242 on: Sat, 23 December 2017, 13:29:08 »
LZ St tmk firmware https://github.com/xauser/tmk_keyboard/tree/xauser/keyboard/l3

I'm new at the firmware but what are the benefits of TMK vs L3?

Thank you!

Six of one, half a dozen of the other.
You give up macro support and the key mapping UI and get access to dual action key's and some easier modification of the firmware.

Offline dc_in_sf

• Old Bastard
« Reply #243 on: Wed, 10 January 2018, 14:40:12 »

Late seeing this (been busy with the twins, who finally each weigh more than the LZ St), thanks for posting, want to take a look at this, all my other boards use QMK, so would like to see what the effort would be to get the St in line.

Offline dc_in_sf

• Old Bastard
« Reply #244 on: Wed, 10 January 2018, 14:43:17 »
Any chance of getting the file for the plate? My OCD is triggering a little with my blue keys on the red plate, and would like to get a neutral color one made.

Offline rasmusx

« Reply #245 on: Sat, 13 January 2018, 10:39:56 »

Late seeing this (been busy with the twins, who finally each weigh more than the LZ St), thanks for posting, want to take a look at this, all my other boards use QMK, so would like to see what the effort would be to get the St in line.
I will be soon working on QMK version of firmware when I finally assemble my St.

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #246 on: Sat, 03 March 2018, 15:54:44 »
Hi Guys, I'm just soldering switch LEDs into my board right now. What's the default shortcut for turning them on and off? I just want to check they're working before I faff about with programming stuff...

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #247 on: Sat, 03 March 2018, 15:59:47 »
Hi Guys, I'm just soldering switch LEDs into my board right now. What's the default shortcut for turning them on and off? I just want to check they're working before I faff about with programming stuff...

i believe it's done in firmware

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #248 on: Sat, 03 March 2018, 16:57:57 »

As in, I have to program/flash it first before I can test it?  Well... damn.

EDIT: Sorted. But I swear, SIP sockets are the devil's handiwork.
« Last Edit: Sat, 03 March 2018, 19:19:09 by futurecrime »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #249 on: Sat, 03 March 2018, 19:15:43 »

As in, I have to program/flash it first before I can test it?  Well... damn.

it's jigon, takes 2 minutes