Author Topic: How many people here use reddit?  (Read 9256 times)

Offline rarar

• moist booty seepage
How many people here use reddit?
« on: Fri, 29 March 2013, 12:04:29 »
I think that the subreddit for mechanicalkeyboards is a really cool place , but there's not many people there. It's very similar to the media section here, but I really like the community there. Here's the link for anyone interested http://reddit.com/r/mechanicalkeyboards Also, ripster is there and his amazing wiki, somehting geekhack doesn't have anymore :(
Ỏ̷͖͈̞̩͎̻̫̫̜͉̠̫͕̭̭̫̫̹̗̹͈̼̠̖͍͚̥͈̮̼͕̠̤̯̻̥̬̗̼̳̤̳̬̪̹͚̞̼̠͕̼̠̦͚̫͔̯̹͉͉̘͎͕̼̣̝͙̱̟̹̩̟̳̦̭͉̮̖̭̣̣̞̙̗̜̺̭̻̥͚͙̝̦̲̱͉͖͉̰̦͎̫̣̼͎͍̠̮͓̹̹͉̤̰̗̙͕͇͔̱͕̭͈̳̗̭͔̘̖̺̮̜̠͖̘͓̳͕̟̠̱̫̤͓͔̘̰̲͙͍͇̙͎̣̼̗̖͙̯͉̠̟͈͍͕̪͓̝̩̦̖̹̼̠̘̮͚̟͉̺̜͍͓̯̳̱̻͕̣̳͉̻̭̭̱͍̪̩̭̺͕̺̼̥̪͖̦̟͎̻̰_Ỏ̷͖͈̞̩͎̻̫̫̜͉̠̫͕̭̭̫̫̹̗̹͈̼̠̖͍͚̥͈̮̼͕̠̤̯̻̥̬̗̼̳̤̳̬̪̹͚̞̼̠͕̼̠̦͚̫͔̯̹͉͉̘͎͕̼̣̝͙̱̟̹̩̟̳̦̭͉̮̖̭̣̣̞̙̗̜̺̭̻̥͚͙̝̦̲̱͉͖͉̰̦͎̫̣̼͎͍̠̮͓̹̹͉̤̰̗̙͕͇͔̱͕̭͈̳̗̭͔̘̖̺̮̜̠͖̘͓̳͕̟̠̱̫̤͓͔̘̰̲͙͍͇̙͎̣̼̗̖͙̯͉̠̟͈͍͕̪͓̝̩̦̖̹̼̠̘̮͚̟͉̺̜͍͓̯̳̱̻͕̣̳͉̻̭̭̱͍̪̩̭̺͕̺̼̥̪͖̦̟͎̻̰ ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็_ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็

Offline swagpiratex

Re: How many people here use reddit?
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 29 March 2013, 12:22:27 »
I browse other subreddits, but not mechanicalkeyboards so much, especially what happened after the Toro GB. GeekHack is much better for keeping an eye out on interesting things that might pop up.

Offline rarar

• moist booty seepage
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 29 March 2013, 12:24:06 »
I browse other subreddits, but not mechanicalkeyboards so much, especially what happened after the Toro GB. GeekHack is much better for keeping an eye out on interesting things that might pop up.
What happened with the GB? Wasnt payin much attention to that.
Ỏ̷͖͈̞̩͎̻̫̫̜͉̠̫͕̭̭̫̫̹̗̹͈̼̠̖͍͚̥͈̮̼͕̠̤̯̻̥̬̗̼̳̤̳̬̪̹͚̞̼̠͕̼̠̦͚̫͔̯̹͉͉̘͎͕̼̣̝͙̱̟̹̩̟̳̦̭͉̮̖̭̣̣̞̙̗̜̺̭̻̥͚͙̝̦̲̱͉͖͉̰̦͎̫̣̼͎͍̠̮͓̹̹͉̤̰̗̙͕͇͔̱͕̭͈̳̗̭͔̘̖̺̮̜̠͖̘͓̳͕̟̠̱̫̤͓͔̘̰̲͙͍͇̙͎̣̼̗̖͙̯͉̠̟͈͍͕̪͓̝̩̦̖̹̼̠̘̮͚̟͉̺̜͍͓̯̳̱̻͕̣̳͉̻̭̭̱͍̪̩̭̺͕̺̼̥̪͖̦̟͎̻̰_Ỏ̷͖͈̞̩͎̻̫̫̜͉̠̫͕̭̭̫̫̹̗̹͈̼̠̖͍͚̥͈̮̼͕̠̤̯̻̥̬̗̼̳̤̳̬̪̹͚̞̼̠͕̼̠̦͚̫͔̯̹͉͉̘͎͕̼̣̝͙̱̟̹̩̟̳̦̭͉̮̖̭̣̣̞̙̗̜̺̭̻̥͚͙̝̦̲̱͉͖͉̰̦͎̫̣̼͎͍̠̮͓̹̹͉̤̰̗̙͕͇͔̱͕̭͈̳̗̭͔̘̖̺̮̜̠͖̘͓̳͕̟̠̱̫̤͓͔̘̰̲͙͍͇̙͎̣̼̗̖͙̯͉̠̟͈͍͕̪͓̝̩̦̖̹̼̠̘̮͚̟͉̺̜͍͓̯̳̱̻͕̣̳͉̻̭̭̱͍̪̩̭̺͕̺̼̥̪͖̦̟͎̻̰ ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็_ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 29 March 2013, 12:41:13 »
I followed both /r/keyboards and /r/MechanicalKeyboards at some point, but it wasn't worth my time in the end. /r/keyboards was contaminated with idiots such as someone who kept repeating that Razer Lycosa was a mechanical keyboard with mechanical switches superior to Cherry MX, and /r/MechanicalKeyboards? One word: ripster55. I wasn't interested in his shoes fetish and other crap.

Actually, I still occasionally browse the latter, just out of curiosity. Technical discussions are rare, and the wiki is the same mess as the old GH one.

Offline rarar

• moist booty seepage
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 29 March 2013, 12:43:04 »
I followed both /r/keyboards and /r/MechanicalKeyboards at some point, but it wasn't worth my time in the end. /r/keyboards was contaminated with idiots such as someone who kept repeating that Razer Lycosa was a mechanical keyboard with mechanical switches superior to Cherry MX, and /r/MechanicalKeyboards? One word: ripster55. I wasn't interested in his shoes fetish and other crap.

Actually, I still occasionally browse the latter, just out of curiosity. Technical discussions are rare, and the wiki is the same mess as the old GH one.
Hahahahah I doubt its a shoe fetish, just a bit of science!! :D and I do have to admit r/keyboards is a load of crap... lol

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 29 March 2013, 12:52:20 »
I'm very active at r/mechanicalkeyboards and r/buildapc

i like to go on r/4chan, r/gamingpc, r/askreddit, r/cringe

you should know me very well from r/mech though ;)

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 29 March 2013, 12:52:52 »
You can catch me swerving on that side of town every now and then. But reddit in general? Yep.

Offline CommunistWitchDr

• >implying keyboards
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 29 March 2013, 15:03:35 »
I'm on there a decent amount. Actually found this thread from a reddit link.

As for the Geekhack vs ripster thing I just think it's kind of funny. It's like first graders fighting.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 29 March 2013, 15:19:46 »
I visited it and even joined, I regret I did, it is so general, I prefer GH way way much.

Offline rarar

• moist booty seepage
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 29 March 2013, 15:25:32 »
I'm on there a decent amount. Actually found this thread from a reddit link.

As for the Geekhack vs ripster thing I just think it's kind of funny. It's like first graders fighting.
howd ya find this on reddit? lol

Offline AriesX

« Reply #10 on: Fri, 29 March 2013, 16:03:21 »
i check there every so often but it seems its just filled with pictures of shoes and keyboards instead of discussions

Offline drdoooom

« Reply #11 on: Fri, 29 March 2013, 16:27:21 »
i check there every so often but it seems its just filled with pictures of shoes and keyboards instead of discussions

definitely. but i dont look at it as a bad thing. luckily we can come here for good discussions, and when we're just looking for some fun pictures- reddit.

Offline RougeR

« Reply #12 on: Fri, 29 March 2013, 16:30:08 »
leddit confuses me, trying to start using it over the last few days, browse /g/ a lot as well
Buckling spring warrior!

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #13 on: Fri, 29 March 2013, 16:40:42 »
I tried being on reddit in general, but there's just so much going on and I would most likely just be another anonymous and useless face in a massive crowd of anonymous and useless posters.

I prefer smaller forums where I have a chance to make meaningful contributions and eventually be recognised by at least some people.

I don't see any reason to be on the mech kb subreddit because I don't see what that can offer me that GH can't, and ripster gets annoying really fast so not having to see him repeat the same 2 jokes a hundred times over is a plus.

Offline tricheboars

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Keyboards are Important!
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 29 March 2013, 20:15:12 »
i have a reddit problem. i need to go to meetings for it. no joke.

what the hell happened between geekhack and ripster? no one will tell me. i have asked.
|  Fundamentalist ErgoDox Zealot  |  HHKB Hybrid

Offline rarar

• moist booty seepage
« Reply #15 on: Fri, 29 March 2013, 23:07:59 »
i have a reddit problem. i need to go to meetings for it. no joke.

what the hell happened between geekhack and ripster? no one will tell me. i have asked.
ripster got banned by nazi mods becaus  of his typical antics. some people love him, some people hate him.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 29 March 2013, 23:25:24 »
ripster got banned by nazi mods becaus  of his typical antics. some people love him, some people hate him.

His typical antics are annoying, but they are not why he was banned.

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #17 on: Fri, 29 March 2013, 23:28:02 »
Yeah, there was a bit more to it RarRar.

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #18 on: Fri, 29 March 2013, 23:53:02 »
I'm part of the mechanical keyboard subreddit, yes. The whole geekhack vs ripster thing is silly. Ripster has contributed far more information than most here, myself included obviously.

Offline Hak Foo

• Make America Clicky Again!
« Reply #19 on: Sat, 30 March 2013, 02:13:23 »
I am not /u/HakFoo
Overton130, Box Pale Blues.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #20 on: Sat, 30 March 2013, 02:40:49 »
I'm on Reddit... mostly /r/StarCraft. Sometimes /r/MechanicalKeyboards, ripster's a good guy.

/u/xsifox
I love Elzy

Offline tinlong117

« Reply #21 on: Sat, 30 March 2013, 05:58:17 »
I'm on Reddit, too. Mostly r/gonewild.

Offline Turkishrambo

« Reply #22 on: Sat, 30 March 2013, 08:28:41 »
/r/mechanicalkeyboards is fun to look at once in a while. Now its just people posting their "omg guis look its my first mechanical keyboard!!!1"

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #23 on: Sat, 30 March 2013, 08:33:57 »
Of course!

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
« Reply #24 on: Sat, 30 March 2013, 11:01:35 »
/r/mechanicalkeyboards is fun to look at once in a while. Now its just people posting their "omg guis look its my first mechanical keyboard!!!1"

haha yes this exactly

used to be pretty sweet though

Offline mushupork

• I am not knowing
« Reply #25 on: Sat, 30 March 2013, 12:00:17 »
Just an observation, banning is one thing but it appears all posts by Rip were purged.  Sounds like no big deal until you go read older threads and you have conversations that are missing chunks.  Real conversations ... not just the silly exchanges.

No need to comment on this - do not want to start anything - but it can be irritating.
Wanted:  Windowed capslock for a QFR

Offline keymaster

« Reply #26 on: Sat, 30 March 2013, 14:31:46 »
Just an observation, banning is one thing but it appears all posts by Rip were purged.  Sounds like no big deal until you go read older threads and you have conversations that are missing chunks.  Real conversations ... not just the silly exchanges.

No need to comment on this - do not want to start anything - but it can be irritating.

It's not a good idea to speak out against the Gestapo :)

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #27 on: Sat, 30 March 2013, 15:45:58 »
What happened to ripster had to happen, unfortunately.  He was given many, many chances and ultimately became abusive and destructive to the forum. He was not banned for trolling or posting Lego pictures. Note that he was also banned at DT, where the moderation is much looser than it is here.

Were you around when all this went down, keymaster?  Lay off the Nazi references please.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #28 on: Sat, 30 March 2013, 15:49:47 »
I joined reddit for  /r/MechanicalKeyboards when it was still full of cool pictures and guides. Now it's full of stupid ass shoe pictures, constant attacks on "Geekwhacked", and sometimes good content. For the most part, it isn't even worth my time.
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline keymaster

« Reply #29 on: Sat, 30 March 2013, 15:54:05 »
What happened to ripster had to happen, unfortunately.  He was given many, many chances and ultimately became abusive and destructive to the forum. He was not banned for trolling or posting Lego pictures. Note that he was also banned at DT, where the moderation is much looser than it is here.

Were you around when all this went down, keymaster?  Lay off the Nazi references please.

Did I really have to be? I've done plenty of background reading to see that Ripster isn't really the problem. It's disappointing to see a flight of prominent members leaving, such as DangWang, who contributed much here. I can tell the whole Ripster thing is a sore thumb to the admin/mod staff here...someone is always taking a jab at him.

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #30 on: Sat, 30 March 2013, 15:56:31 »
One experience means a thousand words. Yes, you should have been here if you want to know exactly what happened. I stand with Hashbaz on this one.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #31 on: Sat, 30 March 2013, 16:16:51 »
ripster was a big problem, keymaster.  He forced the mods to do what they did.  I'm not saying the mods are blameless. We make mistakes all the time, and get angry like anyone else.  But ripster knowingly and purposefully caused the problems that resulted in his banning and post deletions.

He knows a lot about keyboards and takes good pictures, but he can also be bat**** crazy.

Offline Glissant

« Reply #32 on: Sat, 30 March 2013, 16:29:04 »
I don't use reddit. I know that's not what you asked, but I can't stand the place for some weird reason.

Offline nar

« Reply #33 on: Sat, 30 March 2013, 17:22:08 »
r/keyboards used to be a pretty nice place before ripster came and got banned and started up r/mechanaicalkeyboards. I hope I wasn't the person who gave ripster the idea for using reddit last year =_=.
Keyboards: Topre HE0100 | REALFORCE 103UB & 104UB-DK | FILCO Majestouch 2 Ai Cherry MX Blue | CHERRY G84-4101SPAUS

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
How many people here use reddit?
« Reply #34 on: Sat, 30 March 2013, 17:55:42 »
I don't use reddit. I know that's not what you asked, but I can't stand the place for some weird reason.

X2!

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #35 on: Sat, 30 March 2013, 18:06:09 »
I never understood how someone couldn't like Reddit. There's a sub for almost any interest you can imagine, and even more you can't. It doesn't only attract hipster atheist college students with cats, they are just a small portion of the people pool on there.

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
« Reply #36 on: Sat, 30 March 2013, 18:08:46 »
I came to Geekhack from r/mechanicalkeyboards evade I was getting sick of it and ripster. All it really is now is just people saying "What's the best gaming keyboard/switch". Literally one of the latest posts was "hats the best gaming switch". There are 8000 subscribers and a lot of the subs are new to keyboard an frankly noobs.

Geekhack is basically 3x larger and replaces the noobs with experts. So many more people here know a lot about keyboards.

Basically Geekhack is a lot bigger, friendly, larger and all aroud better

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #37 on: Sat, 30 March 2013, 18:12:19 »
I use it a little, but some of my friends are crazy into reddit.

I came here from [H] :)

Offline rarar

• moist booty seepage
« Reply #38 on: Sun, 31 March 2013, 09:28:23 »
I came to Geekhack from r/mechanicalkeyboards evade I was getting sick of it and ripster. All it really is now is just people saying "What's the best gaming keyboard/switch". Literally one of the latest posts was "hats the best gaming switch". There are 8000 subscribers and a lot of the subs are new to keyboard an frankly noobs.

Geekhack is basically 3x larger and replaces the noobs with experts. So many more people here know a lot about keyboards.

Basically Geekhack is a lot bigger, friendly, larger and all aroud better
very true :D I just try to help out all the nubs on reddit ahahaha. though I am curious as to why ripster was banned. all I've heard was nazi mods and ripster being crazy :/

« Reply #39 on: Sun, 31 March 2013, 10:44:02 »

Agree 100%. Ripster is a much better fit on Reddit. The signal to noise ratio here has improved greatly in his absence.

There are many long time members who have made their contributions and are no longer active for whatever reason. All we can do here is try to be helpful and civilized to each other in our discussions on this forum despite the fact that our interests and opinions may differ.

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
« Reply #40 on: Sun, 31 March 2013, 10:45:05 »
Never got the hang of it...
I prefer classic forums, IRC and "imageboards"

Offline fruktstund

• !
« Reply #41 on: Sun, 31 March 2013, 10:48:48 »

X2!
I'm with you people!

Offline MJ45

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #42 on: Sun, 31 March 2013, 11:13:50 »
I joined reddit for  /r/MechanicalKeyboards when it was still full of cool pictures and guides. Now it's full of stupid ass shoe pictures, constant attacks on "Geekwhacked", and sometimes good content. For the most part, it isn't even worth my time.

Me Too!!

Offline drdoooom

« Reply #43 on: Sun, 31 March 2013, 12:41:23 »
I'm on Reddit, too. Mostly r/gonewild.

oh really .. tinLONG ;D

Offline jwaz

• * based mod
  • #geekhack on freenode
« Reply #44 on: Sun, 31 March 2013, 13:12:34 »
I don't really like Reddit. The culture it breeds irritates me.

That being said it is a pretty decent platform for beer trading.

Offline Malphas

« Reply #45 on: Sun, 31 March 2013, 13:25:39 »
I thought Ripster was hilarious, to be honest; but he was also a demented weirdo, so I can understand him being banned at the same time.

Apologies for continuing the off-topic side conversation.

Offline tauburn

« Reply #46 on: Sun, 31 March 2013, 13:27:39 »
i prefer websites that arent saturated with ***gots

Offline Neal

« Reply #47 on: Sun, 31 March 2013, 14:40:59 »
I browse it quite a lot, but everytime I do it costs me a couple brain cells :/.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #48 on: Mon, 01 April 2013, 19:33:01 »
i prefer websites that arent saturated with ***gots
maggots?

i usually go to websites that aren't full of bugs either.

also, OP, are you constantly going to kiss ripster's ass every time you post? or did he promise you to be his friend if you keep bringing him up on a website he "hates".

Did I really have to be? I've done plenty of background reading to see that Ripster isn't really the problem. It's disappointing to see a flight of prominent members leaving, such as DangWang, who contributed much here. I can tell the whole Ripster thing is a sore thumb to the admin/mod staff here...someone is always taking a jab at him.

actually, yeah, you did have to be here. you had to be here to see the constant trolling he did just to get a rise out of the mods/admins. the constant reporting he did of others just so he can turn around and do the same crap and cry about it when he got in trouble for it. the reporting of members that not even 5 seconds before were defending him.

and i keep seeing this whole "dangwang contributed so much". dan didn't do a damn thing but take pictures of his keyboards for internet props. many other members have done a lot more but i dont see their own cheerleading section like dan has for some damn reason.
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 April 2013, 19:37:43 by demik »
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
Re: Re: How many people here use reddit?
« Reply #49 on: Mon, 01 April 2013, 19:35:35 »
maggots?

i usually go to websites that aren't full of bugs either.

also, OP, are you constantly going to kiss ripster's ass every time you post? or did he promise you to be his friend if you keep bringing him up on a website he "hates".

lol

PS - It's great seeing your posts again :)