Author Topic: a terminal keyboard non-standard, can I extended soarer's converter to use it?  (Read 3510 times)

Offline youxiaojie

a terminal keyboard non-standard, can I extended soarer's converter to use it? What information should I know?It seems like there's no documents I can found in Internet.

Offline jeb

The layout looks like a VT-220 layout, which I recognize from a Wyse keyboard. So, I would start by having a look at Soarer's Wyse adapter, which may happen to support it. I don't know if it will be compatible, but maybe.

If you have a picture of the back of the board (say, of a label), it could help someone identify the keyboard.

Offline youxiaojie

Which type of wyse keyboard you know similar to this keyboard?The back label say nothing. Thanks

Offline jeb

The Wyse 85.

Offline youxiaojie

Thanks . This keyboard use ps/2 connectors but I see vt220  keyboard lk201 use RS 232 protocol. What protocol is  wyse 85 ?

Offline invariance

• ...here with all the other boson's
The Wyse 85 is a proprietary protocol hence the Wyse converter.
Since you mentioned your keyboard has a ps/2 connector, I’d open it up to see if the power and ground are on the correct ps/2 pins.  You could be in luck and it had been “modernised” for the ps/2 protocol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The only BS I
want to hear is
from a Model M:
PN:1391401
DOB: 04FEB87
      Wyse 85      Mtek K104
SMK Blue: Chicony KB-5181; HyperX Aqua: HyperX Alloy Origins *Yet-to-rebuild: A 69 key C. P. Clare Foam & Foil assy *Rubber: Digital LK46W-A2; uSoft Natural Pro RT9401, Natural Multimedia 1.0A RT9470, Natural Ergonomic 4000 KU-0460; "Avid" Sejin SLKR2233; "Diamond Touch" Mitsubishi 6511-PB

Offline youxiaojie

hello everyone I use xtat122 converter it responses with messy code and wyseconverter return error as attached picture.how to do next?

Offline youxiaojie

I guess it use  PS 2 protocol to transfer special codes to meet the VT 220 scancode. How to verify it? BTW I see it have had at xt switch but now cancelled now. How to verify my ideas? Thanks

Offline youxiaojie

A 51 series single Chip machine in keyboard can I do something towards 8051singlechip machine.

Offline youxiaojie

got it , it use xt protocol with special scan code.