Author Topic: [IC] ePBT Soju - GB APPROVED; LOCKED  (Read 102480 times)

Offline Ustinj

Re: [IC] ePBT Soju - GB DATE CONFIRMED!
« Reply #100 on: Thu, 24 December 2020, 16:06:11 »
following.. curious about that deskmat

Offline Cubic // esc lab

• Formerly 'esclab'
    • esc lab
« Reply #101 on: Thu, 24 December 2020, 17:04:56 »
Yassssssss dandruff. Good luck with GB my friend! You deserve this so much.

Offline jaekid

• Instagram
« Reply #102 on: Thu, 24 December 2020, 18:34:58 »
A very nice looking green this set has. Good luck and early congratulations! Happy holidays!

Offline dandruff

« Reply #103 on: Fri, 25 December 2020, 13:08:46 »
following.. curious about that deskmat

Why not the metal cap... simp...

Yassssssss dandruff. Good luck with GB my friend! You deserve this so much.

Thank youuuu, means a ton! Hope I make you proud ^-^

A very nice looking green this set has. Good luck and early congratulations! Happy holidays!

Thank you and same to you! Happy holidays  :)

Offline smej

« Reply #104 on: Thu, 07 January 2021, 14:41:02 »
Very nice and i love the green, but i have one uestion about the "white" keys. Which render shows the right color for the light keycaps better?

Offline Allkchi

« Reply #105 on: Thu, 07 January 2021, 15:00:22 »
So what are the prices since the GB is confirmed?

Offline TheBlackHammer

« Reply #106 on: Thu, 07 January 2021, 15:01:34 »
really nice 40s kit. Looking forward to this set

Offline dandruff

« Reply #107 on: Thu, 07 January 2021, 18:56:11 »
Also very minor update on timing:
-Metal Cap: a tad later than expected due to machining issues on original idea
-Deskmat design: coming earlier than expected (will release very soon)

So what are the prices since the GB is confirmed?

It was supposed to be ready last week, but with New Year and the holidays, it is a tad delayed. Still working on getting those quotes and working with vendors. Should be in soon though!

really nice 40s kit. Looking forward to this set

Thank you! Never used a 40% before and probably won't ever, but with ePBT kitting, I figured it was a waste not to try and add.

Very nice and i love the green, but i have one question about the "white" keys. Which render shows the right color for the light keycaps better?

I would say it's closest to the darker U80 render (top-down view). The main render with the fireplace has warm light reflecting in that one, and the Eclipse render/kit renders have a harsh white light on it. If you have GMK Cafe or knows what that set looks like, it SHOULD be the same color as the alphas (given it is a GMK color and it is being color matched by ePBT), but from my knowledge, recent ePBT sets have color-matched relatively well.

Offline dandruff

Re: [IC] ePBT Soju - DESKMATS ARE IN!
« Reply #108 on: Sun, 10 January 2021, 22:24:31 »
Deskmats are in! Shannie did an amazing job!

Now waiting for:
-THOK metal cap (estimating to be announced in a week)
-pricing/quotes (unsure on when)
-you to follow me on INSTAGRAM @DandruffKB

Offline Ustinj

« Reply #109 on: Sun, 10 January 2021, 22:25:47 »
peach slaps

Offline GreatKingNorann

« Reply #110 on: Sun, 10 January 2021, 23:26:33 »
Deskmats are really nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #111 on: Wed, 13 January 2021, 02:15:03 »
Made an account just to say nice work! Good PBT manu + soju + Hangul? Count me in! Grape for flavor but peach for the keycaps though  :) can’t wait to see the price and THOK cap!

Offline dandruff

Re: [IC] ePBT Soju - THOK CAP/DESKMATS ARE IN!
« Reply #112 on: Thu, 14 January 2021, 00:35:14 »
THOK Metal Cap (literally) is done!
THOK Soju Cap:

It's a SOJU BOTTLE keyCAP!
« Last Edit: Fri, 15 January 2021, 01:41:24 by dandruff »

Offline Friendship

« Reply #113 on: Thu, 14 January 2021, 10:48:48 »
THOK Soju Cap:
Show Image

Show Image

the first image is broken for me, the second one I can see and looks AMAZING!!!!
Collection: LZ GHv2, Esheu Fallacy, Moesode Bliss, Daji Ocho Cuatro, Ace Saturn60, Bolsa Midway60, MLI NUM1, MLI VISION, PW ROTR

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #114 on: Thu, 14 January 2021, 18:54:40 »
Awesome Thok

Offline TimeRelapse

« Reply #115 on: Fri, 15 January 2021, 00:04:27 »
Great job with the THOK cap! That was genius

Offline dandruff

« Reply #116 on: Fri, 15 January 2021, 01:44:20 »
THOK Soju Cap:
Show Image

Show Image

the first image is broken for me, the second one I can see and looks AMAZING!!!!

Thank you for letting me know! It should be fixed! THOK and his machinist surprisingly made it work despite how insane that looks to manufacture! They did an amazing job and hugeee props to them  :D

Offline Crims0n5

« Reply #117 on: Fri, 22 January 2021, 03:36:04 »
I cannot wait to buy this. My wallet will not be happy.

Offline Allkchi

« Reply #118 on: Fri, 22 January 2021, 09:47:20 »
Same. I'm just waiting for price release so I know exactly how much I'm going to cry

Offline tngpq

« Reply #119 on: Fri, 22 January 2021, 10:16:08 »
Where’s the end of the cap that I can twist and flip with my finger. I want to throw up when looking at this set, so well done!

Offline asherw

• Personal Site
« Reply #120 on: Fri, 22 January 2021, 17:59:08 »
I was already 100% in on this. I am now 200% in on this.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

cool projects: 
More

Offline dandruff

« Reply #121 on: Fri, 22 January 2021, 18:34:12 »
Where’s the end of the cap that I can twist and flip with my finger. I want to throw up when looking at this set, so well done!

I already flicked that part off for you, sorry :(

Same. I'm just waiting for price release so I know exactly how much I'm going to cry

At this rate, I'm crying for you. For the past month or two, I've been just sitting there staring at my email. 1 week away and I'm still waiting. I apologize, but I definitely did not expect this.

Sorry to everyone on how long it's taking to get the price, it has to come in any day now... right?

Offline Allkchi

« Reply #122 on: Mon, 25 January 2021, 07:56:06 »
No worries man. We believe in you and this amazing GB

Offline mrvco

« Reply #123 on: Wed, 27 January 2021, 10:39:08 »
It hasn't been mentioned, so hopefully I'm just overlooking it... but I'm not seeing an R3 1.75U Control cap for HHKB support.  I own ePBT x GOK BOW and for typing feel / sound it's my favorite cherry profile set.

Offline Havattack

« Reply #124 on: Wed, 27 January 2021, 12:52:46 »
WOW. Such A good idea for an artisan cap. Thock, or whoever came up with it, deserves some  :thumb:.

Offline dandruff

Re: [IC] ePBT Soju - IMPORTANT KIT UPDATE and price ESTIMATE (NOT FINALIZED)
« Reply #125 on: Thu, 28 January 2021, 02:00:28 »
Please read this in-depth

I am insanely sorry for how last second this is with it being literally 1-2 days before GB. I've been asking for quotes for quite a while, and I received them officially yesterday. Realistically, I was not too keen on the prices that were set for the base kit, but I have reached a price that I am definitely more happy with. I would prefer to update this when all of my vendors have replied, but this post will only include the prices of KBDFans for now and will be updated tomorrow (literally the last day).

When I was given the quotes, I knew I had to cut down the cost of the base kit. Every other kit is amazingly priced (in my opinion), but the base kit was far too expensive -- especially in a GMK hype market. That being said, I have decided to move ISO kitting + ISO-UK to international kit and Numpad kit was also removed from the base kit. Hopefully, with the prices of the child kits, it is still relatively affordable if you do use international/ISO/numpad. Again, I do apologize and know that making a last-minute decision like this does not look too good  :( . However, with numpads being generally less popular in the community, this was the course of action that I decided was best to get a relatively cheaper base kit.

Do note that KBDFans (manufacturer of ePBT) has only recently picked up on reverse dye-sub, so sets like BIIP X DarkWraith and this set cost relatively higher than a normal ePBT set. Compared to Dark Wraith, this does not have Numpad, but it has more accent keys and some other compatibility keys.

These are likely to be the pricing for KBDFans (just for precaution, I'll just add "prices are not finalized and are subject to change" just in case, but I'm at least 1% sure these are going to be the prices:

Oh, also THOK cap will be AROUND $59 (very high MOQ due to being such an intricate design, but it's a HOT design (Brass w/ PVD Satin Green))
« Last Edit: Thu, 28 January 2021, 02:19:01 by dandruff »

Offline seikoholic

Re: [IC] ePBT Soju - IMPORTANT KIT UPDATE and price ESTIMATE
« Reply #126 on: Thu, 28 January 2021, 02:41:44 »
thanks for all the hard work dandruff!

Offline nvh2092

Re: [IC] ePBT Soju - IMPORTANT KIT UPDATE and price ESTIMATE (NOT FINALIZED)
« Reply #127 on: Thu, 28 January 2021, 02:42:31 »

I am insanely sorry for how last second this is with it being literally 1-2 days before GB. I've been asking for quotes for quite a while, and I received them officially yesterday. Realistically, I was not too keen on the prices that were set for the base kit, but I have reached a price that I am definitely more happy with. I would prefer to update this when all of my vendors have replied, but this post will only include the prices of KBDFans for now and will be updated tomorrow (literally the last day).

When I was given the quotes, I knew I had to cut down the cost of the base kit. Every other kit is amazingly priced (in my opinion), but the base kit was far too expensive -- especially in a GMK hype market. That being said, I have decided to move ISO kitting + ISO-UK to international kit and Numpad kit was also removed from the base kit. Hopefully, with the prices of the child kits, it is still relatively affordable if you do use international/ISO/numpad. Again, I do apologize and know that making a last-minute decision like this does not look too good  :( . However, with numpads being generally less popular in the community, this was the course of action that I decided was best to get a relatively cheaper base kit.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Do note that KBDFans (manufacturer of ePBT) has only recently picked up on reverse dye-sub, so sets like BIIP X DarkWraith and this set cost relatively higher than a normal ePBT set. Compared to Dark Wraith, this does not have Numpad, but it has more accent keys and some other compatibility keys.

These are likely to be the pricing for KBDFans (just for precaution, I'll just add "prices are not finalized and are subject to change" just in case, but I'm at least 1% sure these are going to be the prices:
Show Image

Oh, also THOK cap will be AROUND $59 (very high MOQ due to being such an intricate design, but it's a HOT design (Brass w/ PVD Satin Green))
Nearly 100 for TKL base without basic ISO, GMK price? I was looking forward this GB.... Thoses 4 ISO keys can attract a lot more buyers  :'( :'(
« Last Edit: Thu, 28 January 2021, 02:44:53 by nvh2092 »

Offline dandruff

« Reply #128 on: Thu, 28 January 2021, 02:50:22 »
thanks for all the hard work dandruff!

Thank youuuu!  :-*

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Nearly 100 for TKL base without basic ISO, GMK price?

Well, it's the addition of accents (spacebars, arrows, even F-row keys) that is pushing it to that price. Also, the MOQ for GMK sets vary, ePBT relatively stays the same and is unchanged with MOQ quantities. I am aware that I made it less appealing to basic ISO users (I feel terrible, I swear), but I had to cut something. Additionally, I wanted to make pricing for the base kit as low as possible. From recent GBs, (ePBT Skadi, Dark Wraith), this is around the same pricing except I prioritized accents over basic ISO.

Also again, I'd just like to reiterate that reverse dye-sub pricing from ePBT is relatively higher, so I apologize for that.

« Last Edit: Thu, 28 January 2021, 03:15:59 by dandruff »

Offline joe_bobkins

« Reply #129 on: Thu, 28 January 2021, 04:08:25 »
looks so good! I can't wait!

Offline snurrebassen

• mechanical keyboard designer and enthusiast
    • Linktree
« Reply #130 on: Thu, 28 January 2021, 08:19:01 »
Honestly, $99 for a base and $18 for international is a great price! Regardless of the fact that it’s ePBT and not GMK. As an ISO user, i don’t mind there not being ISO keys in the base kit, as long as the int. kit doesn’t cost $50+. Usually i’d have to pay a bunch just for an extra ISO enter and a few international keys. This way, those who don’t need ISO get a fairly priced base kit! Nice work :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Allkchi

« Reply #131 on: Thu, 28 January 2021, 09:10:00 »
These prices and bananas for being as low as they are.  :eek:

Offline Twist

« Reply #132 on: Thu, 28 January 2021, 14:33:43 »
Will we have the price for BG from Kono, before group buy starts? I don't wanna order from KBDFans. Their shipping is extreme!

Offline dandruff

« Reply #133 on: Thu, 28 January 2021, 14:46:44 »
Will we have the price for BG from Kono, before group buy starts? I don't wanna order from KBDFans. Their shipping is extreme!

Yep! All prices SHOULD be public before GB starts (1/29 PST time zone). I am waiting for all vendors to get back to me. Do note that KBDFans will be the cheapest because it is manufactured there and shipped directly from there. Other vendors will have to account for tariffs/tax/VAT/etc. but overall, hopefully, it is cheaper to get from them than a vendor overseas!

Offline Allkchi

« Reply #134 on: Thu, 28 January 2021, 14:51:52 »
Thanks so much for being transparent with us Dandruff! The communication has definitely helped alleviate any stressors that have come up, for me at least.

Offline Twist

« Reply #135 on: Thu, 28 January 2021, 14:56:51 »

Yep! All prices SHOULD be public before GB starts (1/29 PST time zone). I am waiting for all vendors to get back to me. Do note that KBDFans will be the cheapest because it is manufactured there and shipped directly from there. Other vendors will have to account for tariffs/tax/VAT/etc. but overall, hopefully, it is cheaper to get from them than a vendor overseas!

I'm in the U.S. Shipping is crazy expensive from KBDFans. But I'll see. Great kit and thanks for replying!

Offline dandruff

« Reply #136 on: Thu, 28 January 2021, 14:59:49 »
Thanks so much for being transparent with us Dandruff! The communication has definitely helped alleviate any stressors that have come up, for me at least.

:-* I'm trying my best!

I'm in the U.S. Shipping is crazy expensive from KBDFans. But I'll see. Great kit and thanks for replying!

Most vendors are getting back to me right now. I just got the price back from Kono, and I think it will be good news! I Will post an update once all vendors have notified me though!

Offline hiddensong

• this too shall pass
« Reply #137 on: Thu, 28 January 2021, 15:50:05 »
I've been looking for a green set for a long time. I do believe this nails my vibe quite nicely. Diggin' it I is.

Offline Allkchi

« Reply #138 on: Thu, 28 January 2021, 15:56:14 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Now waiting for:

Do we have prices for these beauties?

Offline dandruff

« Reply #139 on: Thu, 28 January 2021, 16:07:15 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Now waiting for:

Do we have prices for these beauties?

Should be the same price as previous deskmats sold on whichever vendor. Kono will 99% likely be priced at $16.99! Other vendors are likely to remain constant with previous sales as well.

Offline dandruff

Re: [IC] ePBT Soju - More Vendor Prices Released (not all)
« Reply #140 on: Thu, 28 January 2021, 21:57:50 »
ALL PRICES ARE LOCKED IN!
« Last Edit: Fri, 29 January 2021, 00:22:17 by dandruff »

Offline nvh2092

Re: [IC] ePBT Soju - More Vendor Prices Released (not all)
« Reply #141 on: Fri, 29 January 2021, 03:51:45 »
ALL PRICES ARE LOCKED IN!
Show Image

Dye sub novelties seems very cheap compared to double-shot. This is new to me, I asked Melisssa from Signature Plastic once about pricing at high MOQ between Pbt dye sub and doubleshot abs. The price for the latter is only half of the former.

Offline Asnot

Re: [IC] ePBT Soju - AWAITING GB POST
« Reply #142 on: Fri, 29 January 2021, 07:56:41 »
Set looks amazing! Is there an ETA for shipping if I'm ordering through KBDfans?

Offline phedd

« Reply #143 on: Fri, 29 January 2021, 09:20:14 »
Surely this Shift is just a mistake?

Also please AltGr in the International kit! Like this:

« Last Edit: Fri, 29 January 2021, 09:24:13 by phedd »

Offline phedd

« Reply #144 on: Fri, 29 January 2021, 09:26:35 »

Show Image

Show Image

HKGaming/Polycaps has a centre stemmed stepped Caps Lock. Would so love if epbt had one in their sets (and retroactively did one for previous kits)
https://kineticlabs.store/keycaps/polycaps/9009-blank-pbt

Offline rainidai

« Reply #145 on: Fri, 29 January 2021, 11:00:01 »
Doesn't seem like its available on deskhero yet

Offline afrozone

« Reply #146 on: Fri, 29 January 2021, 14:04:23 »

DeskHero usually is a few hours - a few days behind in terms of the starting date for most of the group buys I've seen.

It'll be active sometime soon I hope!!

Offline afrozone

« Reply #147 on: Fri, 29 January 2021, 16:37:06 »
Base kit already out of stock on Deskhero? Feels like it wasn't even open an hour ago.

Offline dandruff

« Reply #148 on: Fri, 29 January 2021, 16:56:05 »
Set looks amazing! Is there an ETA for shipping if I'm ordering through KBDfans?

ePBT aims to ship within 6-8 months (it's usually 6, but I'm going to estimate 7 or 8 because they're still ensuring their reverse dye-sub is top-notch.

Base kit already out of stock on Deskhero? Feels like it wasn't even open an hour ago.

Thanks for the heads up both of you! It is up now, but basekit/metal cap not up yet. PMed them, should be up soon.

Show Image

Show Image

Cutting down the base kit, I moved the 1.25 shift to the international/iso kit. That shift is usually used in place of the 2.25 shift with the <> or \| key next to it in ISO, so that's why it is now in that kit (goal was to get price tag under 100). As for the AltGr, that was in one of my IC forms a while back, and the demand for it was close to none, and as GB already started, that change will not happen, sorry.

STILL AWAITING GB POST TO BE APPROVED BY MODS

Offline afrozone

« Reply #149 on: Fri, 29 January 2021, 17:20:22 »

ePBT aims to ship within 6-8 months (it's usually 6, but I'm going to estimate 7 or 8 because they're still ensuring their reverse dye-sub is top-notch.

Thanks for the heads up both of you! It is up now, but basekit/metal cap not up yet. PMed them, should be up soon.

Show Image

Show Image

Cutting down the base kit, I moved the 1.25 shift to the international/iso kit. That shift is usually used in place of the 2.25 shift with the <> or \| key next to it in ISO, so that's why it is now in that kit (goal was to get price tag under 100). As for the AltGr, that was in one of my IC forms a while back, and the demand for it was close to none, and as GB already started, that change will not happen, sorry.

STILL AWAITING GB POST TO BE APPROVED BY MODS

Thank you for all your hard work!!