Author Topic: Leather Keyboard (for the Dominatrix out there)  (Read 7114 times)

Offline victheslik

Leather Keyboard (for the Dominatrix out there)
« on: Fri, 29 August 2008, 01:26:15 »
-
« Last Edit: Sun, 26 November 2023, 22:15:42 by victheslik »
"The only antidote to mental suffering is physical pain. " Karl Marx
A wiseman once said, "If Bible proves the existence of God, then comic books prove the existence of Superheros."

Offline xsphat

• Enlightened
    • Dan Newman, Writer
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 29 August 2008, 01:32:39 »
A bargain at $532.75 US ...

Offline bhtooefr

• this switch can tick sound of music
    • bhtooefr.org
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 29 August 2008, 06:58:38 »
Actually, if it weren't built on a mushtastic rubber dome, that could be quite interesting to type on...

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 29 August 2008, 07:24:29 »
Fail.

The leather on this would look nasty over some time after your skin oils deteriorate it.  It also loses its crisp lines due to the soft leather.  I don't know, to me it looks cheap.

Offline bhtooefr

• this switch can tick sound of music
    • bhtooefr.org
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 29 August 2008, 08:01:12 »
Quote from: itlnstln;8073
Fail.

The leather on this would look nasty over some time after your skin oils deteriorate it.  It also loses its crisp lines due to the soft leather.  I don't know, to me it looks cheap.

Oh, I know it won't last, but it could feel interesting from new.

Offline graywolf

• http://www.graywolfphoto.com/
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 29 August 2008, 11:41:49 »
Hey, I've got some black pigskin hides, maybe I can turn one of my $5 keyboards into a $500 one?????

Offline victheslik

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 29 August 2008, 14:18:25 »
-
« Last Edit: Sun, 26 November 2023, 22:15:07 by victheslik »
A wiseman once said, "If Bible proves the existence of God, then comic books prove the existence of Superheros."

Offline graywolf

« Reply #7 on: Fri, 29 August 2008, 17:25:57 »
The only thing I know about Kosher is that their hot dogs are expensive.

I believe in God Almighty, the Church he put here on earth, and will join as soon as I figure out which one that is.

Offline vils

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 29 August 2008, 21:04:43 »
Quote from: graywolf;8096
I believe in God Almighty, the Church he put here on earth, and will join as soon as I figure out which one that is.

I must recomend a reading of "memorial service" by H L Mencken, it puts things in perspective ;)
If nobody takes offense I can post a passage.

/Vils
It\'s the glass pipe fallacy. You can only believe that if you\'re on crack.

Offline victheslik

« Reply #9 on: Fri, 29 August 2008, 21:08:39 »
-
« Last Edit: Sun, 26 November 2023, 22:14:46 by victheslik »

Offline vils

« Reply #10 on: Fri, 29 August 2008, 21:24:44 »
"Where is the graveyard of dead gods? What lingering mourner waters their mounds? There was a day when Jupiter was the king of the gods, and any man who doubted his puissance was ipso facto a barbarian and an ignoramus. But where in all the world is there a man who worships Jupiter today? And what of Huitzilopochtli? In one year—and it is no more than five hundred years ago—50,000 youths and maidens were slain in sacrifice to him. Today, if he is remembered at all, it is only by some vagrant savage in the depths of the Mexican forest. Huitzilopochtli, like many other gods, had no human father; his mother was a virtuous widow; he was born of an apparently innocent flirtation that she carried on with the sun. When he frowned, his father, the sun, stood still. When he roared with rage, earthquakes engulfed whole cities. When he thirsted he was watered with 10,000 gallons of human blood. But today, Huitzilopochtli is as magnificently forgotten as Allen G. Thurman. Once the peer of Allah, Buddha, and Wotan, he is now the peer of General Coxey, Richmond P. Hobson, Nan Petterson, Alton B. Parker, Adelina Patti, General Weyler, and Tom Sharkey.
Speaking of Huitzilopochtli recalls his brother, Tezcatilpoca. Tezcatilpoca was almost as powerful: He consumed 25,000 virgins a year. Lead me to his tomb: I would weep, and hang a couronne des perles. But who knows where it is? Or where the grave of Quitzalcontl is? Or Tialoc? Or Chalchihuitlicue? Or Xiehtecutli? Or Centeotl, that sweet one? Or Tlazolteotl, the goddess of love? Or Mictlan? Or Ixtlilton? Or Omacatl? Or Yacatecutli? Or Mixcoatl? Or Xipe? Or all the host of Tzitzimitles? Where are their bones? Where is the willow on which they hung their harps? In what forlorn and unheard of hell do they await the resurrection morn? Who enjoys their residuary estates? Or that of Dis, whom Caesar found to be the chief god of the Celts? Or that of Tarves, the bull? Or that of Moccos, the pig? Or that of Epona, the mare? Or that of Mullo, the celestial jack-ass? There was a time when the Irish revered all these gods as violently as they now hate the English. But today even the drunkest Irishman laughs at them.

But they have company in oblivion: The hell of dead gods is as crowded as the Presbyterian hell for babies. Damona is there, and Esus, and Drunemeton, and Silvana, and Dervones, and Adsalluta, and Deva, and Belisama, and Axona, and Vintios, and Taranuous, and Sulis, and Cocidius, and Adsmerius, and Dumiatis, and Caletos, and Moccus, and Ollovidius, and Albiorix, and Leucitius, and Vitucadrus, and Ogmios, and Uxellimus, and Borvo, and Grannos, and Mogons. All mighty gods in their day, worshiped by millions, full of demands and impositions, able to bind and loose—all gods of the first class, not dilettanti. Men laboured for generations to build vast temples to them—temples with stones as large as hay-wagons. The business of interpreting their whims occupied thousands of priests, wizards, archdeacons, evangelists, haruspices, bishops, archbishops. To doubt them was to die, usually at the stake. Armies took to the field to defend them against infidels: Villages were burned, women and children were butchered, cattle were driven off. Yet in the end they all withered and died, and today there is none so poor to do them reverence. Worse, the very tombs in which they lie are lost, and so even a respectful stranger is debarred from paying them the slightest and politest homage."

Excerpt from "memorial service" by HL Mencken
It\'s the glass pipe fallacy. You can only believe that if you\'re on crack.

Offline Ulysses31

« Reply #11 on: Sat, 30 August 2008, 08:35:43 »
When aliens are finally contacted, everyone will become a Foundationist >_<.

Offline Waves77

« Reply #12 on: Sat, 30 August 2008, 09:46:50 »
Quote from: vils;8103
He consumed 25,000 virgins a year.

Damn, it must be good to be a pimp :D
Current collection:
\'91 Model M (1391401), \'93 1391401, \'91 Model M (industrial 1394946), Dell AT101W, Apple Extended II (M3501), Cherry G84-4100, Filco FKB 104M/EB, Macally 96, Das III Pro, HHKB Pro 2.

Offline xsphat

• Enlightened
    • Dan Newman, Writer
« Reply #13 on: Sat, 30 August 2008, 10:04:39 »
Quote from: Ulysses31;8133
When aliens are finally contacted, everyone will become a Foundationist >_<.

If we found aliens, the first thing we would do would be try to convert them to christianity. Then they would kill us for being such egomaniac idiots.

Come on people, do you really believe there is an invisible man living in the clouds who watches everything you do and judges you for it all day? Do you really think prayers are answered by anyone but yourself? And also, does anyone besides the religious still believe we are the only life in the universe?

Offline bigpook

« Reply #14 on: Sat, 30 August 2008, 10:31:31 »
Personally, I believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
Remember, we have all been touched by his noodly appendage.
All other religions are fakes, there is only one FSM.
Bow down now before he casts his meatball and sauce gaze upon you.
HHKB Pro 2 : Unicomp Spacesaver : IBM Model M : DasIII    

Offline ashort

• Hoosier Daddy
    • http://andrew.wingedwheel.net
« Reply #15 on: Sat, 30 August 2008, 10:54:11 »
Quote from: xsphat;8135
Come on people, do you really believe there is an invisible man living in the clouds who watches everything you do and judges you for it all day? Do you really think prayers are answered by anyone but yourself? And also, does anyone besides the religious still believe we are the only life in the universe?
AHEM...At the risk of..uhhh...going off topic here...   =-D   It's interesting that the Dominatrix keyboard discussion has led here.

I don't believe that He is an invisible man, I believe that He is the one God and is the force behind all in the Universe.  I believe that He is the God described in the 66 books of the Old and New Testaments, and I believe that Bible is sacred text in it's original form.  

I do not believe that He "judges me all day", I believe that judgment is an event, not a process.  I believe in Jesus Christ and His atoning death, burial, and resurrection on the third day.  I believe that your judgement has either already occured in the death of Christ, or is to come at your own death.

I believe in the triune God (that transcends our sum of understanding) of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Yes, He hears my prayers.

I think that a lot of Christians are so scared to step outside their "box" that they can't allow themselves to believe that life exists elsewhere.  Alot of these same people think that having a Coors will send you to hell (as opposed to me: I simply feel that Coors is the definition of hell, as is most of the carbonated American grain piss-water - Did you hear me, August Busch????).  

I have no idea what they are doing with the "water on Mars" discovery but it must be both funny and sad to watch them squirm.  I don't think it makes any difference to Christianity, if life exists elsewhere or not.  FWIW, I do NOT think that we have been "contacted" by any alien species...yet?  It must be equally as hard for them to get to us (IF they exist) as it is for us to get to them.  Since God gave man dominion over the animal kingdom, I draw a very hard line between sentience and intelligence.  For instance:  Dogs, dolphins, and monkeys are obviously intelligent, but I do not award them sentience.  I allow for intelligent life "out there".  Honestly, I'm not sure what I'd do with sentient life out there.  Show it to me and we'll both find out.  Until then...moot point.

Now, does anyone want to buy a keyboard from this total nut-job?  This oughta keep us going through the 3 day weekend (for the U.S., anyway).  Hmm...just realized the only keyboard I have for sale is on Craigslist.   =-D
Andrew
{ KBC Poker - brown | Filco Majestouch - brown | Dell AT101W | Cherry G84-4100 }

Offline iMav

• geekhack creator/founder
  • "Τα εργαλεία σας είναι σημαντικά."
« Reply #16 on: Sat, 30 August 2008, 10:58:04 »
To keep harmony among the geekhackers, it would be my strong suggestion that we try not to dive too deep into religious and/or political discussions.  These are polarizing topics which will accomplish nothing other than to alienate members.  

We come from a variety of backgrounds, beliefs, etc...but what unites us is our appreciation for a quality computing experience.  Let's not lose focus!  :)

(BTW, I was a card-carrying member of American Atheists for 7 years before being confronted with overwhelming evidence to convince me otherwise.  I'm more than happy to discuss/debate this (as well as a variety of other topics) via email, PM, other forums, etc...but I feel geekhack is not the place for this)

That being said, I will not censor/moderate threads about these topics...although they may get moved to "Off Topic".  ;)

Offline ashort

• Hoosier Daddy
« Reply #17 on: Sat, 30 August 2008, 11:02:14 »
Quote from: iMav;8138
We come from a variety of backgrounds, beliefs, etc...but what unites us is our appreciation for a quality computing experience.  Let's not lose focus!  :)

You haven't been paying attention.  "Losing focus" is what we do!
Andrew
{ KBC Poker - brown | Filco Majestouch - brown | Dell AT101W | Cherry G84-4100 }

Offline bigpook

« Reply #18 on: Sat, 30 August 2008, 11:06:36 »
Focus? what focus? : )

Offline Ulysses31

« Reply #19 on: Sat, 30 August 2008, 11:07:32 »
I agree with iMav.  So leather keyboards eh?  Wouldn't it smell?  I'd prefer it if they built a keyboard with durable metal keys (not those flat vandal-proof ones, I mean keys shaped just like their plastic counterparts).  This could be achieved using that so-called "liquid" metal, which can be injection moulded.

Offline iMav

• geekhack creator/founder
  • "Τα εργαλεία σας είναι σημαντικά."
« Reply #20 on: Sat, 30 August 2008, 11:15:09 »
Quote from: bigpook;8140
Focus? what focus? : )

This focus, of course!

Offline Waves77

« Reply #21 on: Sat, 30 August 2008, 11:20:27 »
On the subject of spirituality vs. religion, I've found "the marriage of sense and soul" by Ken Wilber a very interesting read (especially if you are into eastern spirituality).

I agree with iMav point of view. Why is it that every geek forum ends up with a discussion on religion?

On a lighter note, I found this cool video this morning, "Monk evangelises Heavy Metal":
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7513058.stm
Current collection:
\'91 Model M (1391401), \'93 1391401, \'91 Model M (industrial 1394946), Dell AT101W, Apple Extended II (M3501), Cherry G84-4100, Filco FKB 104M/EB, Macally 96, Das III Pro, HHKB Pro 2.

Offline xsphat

• Enlightened
    • Dan Newman, Writer
« Reply #22 on: Sat, 30 August 2008, 12:13:01 »
What about Bob Dobbs? Anyone know about the church of the subgenius?

Offline xsphat

• Enlightened
    • Dan Newman, Writer
« Reply #23 on: Sat, 30 August 2008, 12:30:03 »
Are we still pals, ashort?

Offline xsphat

• Enlightened
    • Dan Newman, Writer
« Reply #24 on: Sat, 30 August 2008, 12:31:50 »
Quote from: Waves77;8143
Why is it that every geek forum ends up with a discussion on religion?

What I love is when a music forum turns into a D&D forum. That is funny.

Offline Waves77

« Reply #25 on: Sat, 30 August 2008, 12:50:47 »
Quote from: xsphat;8148
What I love is when a music forum turns into a D&D forum. That is funny.

I really get a rise out of Linux vs. Windows, especially on somewhere like /. :)

Also vi vs. emacs or java vs. c++ (or python vs. ruby) can be fairly entertaining. Human nature I guess...
Current collection:

Offline bigpook

« Reply #26 on: Sat, 30 August 2008, 13:00:26 »
Quote from: Waves77;8143
On the subject of spirituality vs. religion, I've found "the marriage of sense and soul" by Ken Wilber a very interesting read (especially if you are into eastern spirituality).

I agree with iMav point of view. Why is it that every geek forum ends up with a discussion on religion?

On a lighter note, I found this cool video this morning, "Monk evangelises Heavy Metal":
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7513058.stm

Because religion is a most personal thing. When you truly believe in something, no matter what that thing is, then the belief system goes very deep into your being.
At times it cannot be separated from the self.
That would help to explain how people and groups can react when their belief system is challenged.

As for why every geek forum ends up discussing religion, not to mention money and politics, is easy to explain. Geeks, or those that like to think, will readily challenge any belief that is outside their own belief system. Heck, we do that for sport.

We do that here with keyboards : )...Having said that, does that make the rubber dome keyboard the witch/heretic of the group....I wonder if rubber dome keyboards float...: )

Offline Waves77

« Reply #27 on: Sat, 30 August 2008, 13:11:00 »
Quote from: bigpook;8151
Geeks, or those that like to think, will readily challenge any belief that is outside their own belief system. Heck, we do that for sport.

Agreed.

We do that here with keyboards : )...Having said that, does that make the rubber dome keyboard the witch/heretic of the group....I wonder if rubber dome keyboards float...: )

Hehehe... either way they respond well to fire on other forms of brute violence!
Current collection:

Offline ashort

• Hoosier Daddy
« Reply #28 on: Sat, 30 August 2008, 13:28:35 »
Quote from: xsphat;8147
Are we still pals, ashort?

SURE!

Pals aren't people who just sit around agreeing with each other all day long, how boring would that be?

You know the debate that kills me...every time?  "Star Destroyer vs. USS Enterprise - who wins?"  Geeze.
Andrew

Offline ashort

• Hoosier Daddy
« Reply #29 on: Sat, 30 August 2008, 13:32:15 »
Quote from: bigpook;8151

Only if they weigh less than a duck.
Andrew

Offline bigpook

« Reply #30 on: Sat, 30 August 2008, 13:48:34 »
Man, I am going with the Enterprise on that one.... with Kirk as Captain.

Offline xsphat

• Enlightened
    • Dan Newman, Writer
« Reply #31 on: Sat, 30 August 2008, 14:01:19 »
Quote from: ashort;8153
"Star Destroyer vs. USS Enterprise - who wins?"  Geeze.

That's lame, a Star Destroyer is faster, bigger, has more crew and, unlike the Enterprise, the star destroyer is built for battle.

I never saw that one before, but now I wish I had. I'm a HUGE Trekkie BTW. And no, I don't dress up.

Offline bigpook

« Reply #32 on: Sat, 30 August 2008, 14:03:35 »
Don't be a weenie man, the enterprise has Kirk. That alone tilts the balance of power.
That Star Destroyer doesn't stand a chance.

Offline Ulysses31

« Reply #33 on: Sat, 30 August 2008, 14:08:55 »
All that would happen with Kirk at the helm is his beaming aboard the destroyer and trying to make it with every female crew member.

Offline ashort

• Hoosier Daddy
« Reply #34 on: Sat, 30 August 2008, 14:14:36 »
iMav, I'm really sorry for starting this.  

Can open;worms EVERYWHERE.
Andrew

Offline ashort

• Hoosier Daddy
« Reply #35 on: Sat, 30 August 2008, 14:15:45 »
Quote from: xsphat;8156
I never saw that one before, but now I wish I had. I'm a HUGE Trekkie BTW. And no, I don't dress up.

Google it.  You'll be over-freakin'-whelmed.
Andrew

Offline xsphat

• Enlightened
    • Dan Newman, Writer
« Reply #36 on: Sat, 30 August 2008, 14:18:18 »
I refuse to Google it — I'd never make it in to work today!

Offline xsphat

• Enlightened
    • Dan Newman, Writer
« Reply #37 on: Sat, 30 August 2008, 14:20:32 »
And I think Janeway could waste Kirk.

If you want a challenge, try a Borg tactical cube against a super star destroyer.

Offline xsphat

• Enlightened
    • Dan Newman, Writer
« Reply #38 on: Sat, 30 August 2008, 14:31:18 »
OK, I broke and had to check it out. the first link I found in google (a link in a link, actually) was to a pdf of a 7-page white paper some college kid wrote. He went deep into it and brought out all the math and specs and everything. My god, what are these people thinking? (this is coming from the guy with 1796 posts on a KEYBOARD forum)

In the end, he said that the Enterprise D would fall quickly to the likes of the Imperial Star Destroyer.

Offline bigpook

« Reply #39 on: Sat, 30 August 2008, 14:47:58 »
Man, you can't be saying things like that, its just not right....

Offline graywolf

« Reply #40 on: Sat, 30 August 2008, 16:11:03 »
Any figment of my imagination can beat any figment of your imagination!*

*At least in my imagination.