Author Topic: Do you regret buying your HHKB?  (Read 76178 times)

Offline 9fiftyfive_

• My website
Re: Do you regret buying your HHKB?
« Reply #250 on: Thu, 09 February 2017, 09:45:42 »
After having owned and sold two HHKB's pro 2's I definitely do not regret the experience and they are really nice boards.  That being said however in the long run I discovered I truly just prefer Cherry MX or Cherry style switches.  The HHKB really was a nice keyboard and the feeling of Cup Rubber was nice and all but in the long run it just didn't feel very "mechanical", it was insanely comfortable and unique but I ended up missing that true mechanical feel so these days I stick to Matias clicky,Outemu Blacks and MX Browns which was my favorite switch when I started getting into the hobby to begin with (Talk about going full circle).
Hey Liquid! Your review of the HHKB is what convinced me to buy one, so thanks!

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #251 on: Thu, 09 February 2017, 09:51:58 »
nah

Offline LiquidEvilGaming

• LiquidEvilGaming Youtube
« Reply #252 on: Thu, 09 February 2017, 10:23:47 »
After having owned and sold two HHKB's pro 2's I definitely do not regret the experience and they are really nice boards.  That being said however in the long run I discovered I truly just prefer Cherry MX or Cherry style switches.  The HHKB really was a nice keyboard and the feeling of Cup Rubber was nice and all but in the long run it just didn't feel very "mechanical", it was insanely comfortable and unique but I ended up missing that true mechanical feel so these days I stick to Matias clicky,Outemu Blacks and MX Browns which was my favorite switch when I started getting into the hobby to begin with (Talk about going full circle).

Thanks for watching, hope you enjoy many faithful years of your HHKB Pro 2.

They really among the Topre boards are easily my favorite without question.
Current Daily Driver/s
White Leopold 750R MX Reds
Head of LiquidEvilGaming on Youtube
i7 4790k/16GB DDR3/GTX 1060 6GB SSC/256GB Samsung SSD/2TB SSHD/W10

Offline 9fiftyfive_

• My website
« Reply #253 on: Thu, 09 February 2017, 10:36:11 »

Thanks for watching, hope you enjoy many faithful years of your HHKB Pro 2.

They really among the Topre boards are easily my favorite without question.
Sure thing! When are you planning on uploading again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline LiquidEvilGaming

• LiquidEvilGaming Youtube
« Reply #254 on: Thu, 09 February 2017, 10:59:07 »
Soon hopefully, have been playing housemaid to my wife as she had quite a severe foot injury and has been on bedrest for the last two months.
Current Daily Driver/s
White Leopold 750R MX Reds
Head of LiquidEvilGaming on Youtube
i7 4790k/16GB DDR3/GTX 1060 6GB SSC/256GB Samsung SSD/2TB SSHD/W10

Offline 9fiftyfive_

• My website
« Reply #255 on: Thu, 09 February 2017, 11:03:00 »
Soon hopefully, have been playing housemaid to my wife as she had quite a severe foot injury and has been on bedrest for the last two months.
Hope everything works out well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #256 on: Fri, 10 February 2017, 15:16:22 »
i regret it everyday i breathe
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #257 on: Fri, 10 February 2017, 15:18:02 »

Offline happylacquer

• BS Apologist
    • BHOBuds
« Reply #258 on: Fri, 10 February 2017, 15:54:20 »
RemBestGirl

ytho

You can't trust a Remilia fan. Flan is the better scarlet. :eek:

Offline robbles

« Reply #259 on: Fri, 10 February 2017, 15:58:38 »
I think it is understated how easy the HHKB is to take apart and lube. Compared to an MX board, depending on how your switches are mounted, you have to open each switch individually with a special tool. And you may even have to desolder every single switch first. With the HHKB all you need is a screw driver. If you want to be lazy about it, you don't even have to take the keycaps or sliders off. The way it is built also makes it incredibly easy to clean thoroughly. Easily swapping springs on Topre isn't possible but you can harvest 55g domes if you really want. For these reasons, I think it is a board everyone should at least try. Sure it is an expensive initial investment, but you can always sell it back for close to cost if you don't like it. You'll also save money on other crap boards you would have bought if you never experienced the HHKB love  :thumb:
How does one become so interested in a thing like keyboards? When you realize you use a keyboard more than any other tool in your life.

Offline Hypersphere

« Reply #260 on: Fri, 10 February 2017, 17:02:16 »
I think it is understated how easy the HHKB is to take apart and lube. Compared to an MX board, depending on how your switches are mounted, you have to open each switch individually with a special tool. And you may even have to desolder every single switch first. With the HHKB all you need is a screw driver. If you want to be lazy about it, you don't even have to take the keycaps or sliders off. The way it is built also makes it incredibly easy to clean thoroughly. Easily swapping springs on Topre isn't possible but you can harvest 55g domes if you really want. For these reasons, I think it is a board everyone should at least try. Sure it is an expensive initial investment, but you can always sell it back for close to cost if you don't like it. You'll also save money on other crap boards you would have bought if you never experienced the HHKB love  :thumb:
Good point. Another easy-open board is the Realforce RF87U -- no tools at all are needed to open the case and no seal to break to void the warranty. This is in stark contrast to the CM Novatouch, which can be a challenge to open up.

I'm typing this on my HHKB (lubed and silenced) after some frustrating times with several vintage Alps-switch boards that had unresponsive and chattering keys. This makes me appreciate another fine attribute of the HHKB, which is its reliability. I've been typing on it for several years, and it hasn't given me any problems whatsoever.

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #261 on: Fri, 10 February 2017, 17:03:57 »
Glad I read this. I am going to order some Hypersheres soon and I already have my lube. Was a little nervous on opening the case up.

Offline robbles

« Reply #262 on: Fri, 10 February 2017, 18:27:47 »
Glad I read this. I am going to order some Hypersheres soon and I already have my lube. Was a little nervous on opening the case up.

Hypersphere's rings are great. Definitely worth trying out. But if you are mostly looking for a change in feel, I suggest trying lubing before installing rings just to see how you like it. If having a dead silent board isn't a requirement for you, lubing will dampen the sound a bit as well as smooth out the feel. Some people really like the change in feel the rings provide. I personally switch the rings in and out once a year or so when I do my cleaning just to change things up.
How does one become so interested in a thing like keyboards? When you realize you use a keyboard more than any other tool in your life.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #263 on: Fri, 10 February 2017, 21:47:27 »
I regret every keyboard I ever bought.. with TWO exception..

2x ERGODOX     // Best Keyboards.

Offline happylacquer

• BS Apologist
    • BHOBuds
« Reply #264 on: Sat, 11 February 2017, 00:08:54 »
And how many HHKB have tp4 bought...?

Offline lildragonbuns

• Formerly ilovekeycaps
« Reply #265 on: Sun, 12 February 2017, 05:02:44 »

Offline rsadek

• raging keyboard monkey
« Reply #266 on: Sun, 12 February 2017, 05:24:37 »
ytho

Hhkb good at collecting dust

You can send it to me. I'll give it a good home and use it every day.
❤️Keeboardz
---------------

Offline rsadek

• raging keyboard monkey
« Reply #267 on: Sun, 12 February 2017, 05:30:11 »
Sell it? To me? For cheaps? Then you will feel much better, I promise.
❤️Keeboardz
---------------

Offline laaurora

« Reply #268 on: Sun, 12 February 2017, 11:12:16 »
Been using mine for few days now. And the truth is, after using Apple's chicklets for past 10 years, even a much cheaper 60-75% would feel like a huge improvement. I love HHKB, but I kind of take it for granted without trying any options in-between.

That's not a regret though. I would still go for it if I had to make this choice again. I know that buying something I can be content with from the start tends to save me a lot of time and money in the long run. It worked for headphones and a lot of other things for me.
« Last Edit: Sun, 12 February 2017, 15:42:46 by laaurora »

Offline rustywok

« Reply #269 on: Sun, 12 February 2017, 12:41:02 »
After reading a few million HHKB threads and reviews, I went straight for a black HHKB Pro2. Bought it off eBay. The seller only had it for a week according to his receipt. It cost me $190.00 with shipping included, not bad I guess. It quickly became my dedicated writing board. (I have a separate desk and computer for my writing.) Something about topre switches just seem to connect with my right brain. I'm so glad I decided to go for it. I was all set to lube and silence it too, but after using it "stock" for a few weeks, I realized I liked it as-is. At least for now.

So no. No regrets. And I still love my MX boards as much as ever. My tastes are pretty eclectic I guess. 

Offline Geroximo

« Reply #270 on: Sun, 12 February 2017, 13:14:40 »
It took me years and a ton of money to collect all the premium parts for my dream 60% build.
Meanwhile I bought a Pro2 and a Type-S.
They made me sell all the parts again instead of building the keyboard.
No regrets.

Offline Kilonzi

• Praise the sun!
« Reply #271 on: Wed, 15 February 2017, 10:04:33 »
I definitely do not regret having bought an HHKB Pro2 Type-S!

I recently bought an Leopold FC750R keyboard, to give TKL a try. At work I'm switching constantly between these two keyboards. I like them both but I prefer my HHKB.

As I will start commuting by bike again soon, I just ordered another Type-S. I don't want to carry my HHKB everyday in my bike bag.

But the Leopold FC750R will stay. I want to mod it to ergo clears and get an GMK keycap set for it. I want to see if I like ergo clear switches.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #272 on: Tue, 06 June 2017, 22:25:15 »
I still don't regret buying mine, even if I have never connected it to my server, which was the main reason why I got it in the first place.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline DaBubbs

« Reply #273 on: Tue, 06 June 2017, 23:03:13 »
I don't regret buying my Pro 2. That said, I will be putting my Pro 2 up for sale soon. I used my Pro 2 as a daily driver for two months and while I liked it, I am just so much more productive on my RF 87U. I really missed the arrow cluster and the Delete and End keys. I could work the HHKB fairly well but in the second month, I started missing my RF 87U more and more. I switched back to my RF 87U for one day and it was that "ahhhh, I missed you" feeling.

I admit that I liked the placement of Backspace over Enter on the HHKB but after a few weeks, I started getting a little bit of pain in my right little / pinky finger, especially when I was reaching with my pinky to hit Backspace. I figured that my pinky just needed to get used to being used in that way (I use my ring finger for Backspace on a regular layout). Over the next month, the nagging little bit of pain did not get worse, but it did not go away either. So that was another reason for thinking that the HHKB was not for me.

So I don't regret buying and trying my HHKB. It is a solid board, fun to type on, and I am glad I tried it. I just ended up liking my RF87U better.
When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid.

Offline OnTheBrink

• Work Hard. Play Harder.
    • Wired In Store
« Reply #274 on: Wed, 07 June 2017, 08:35:29 »
My Type-S will always be the board I compare new boards to. Every time I try a new switch, I have to ask myself if it's better than my HHKB.

Although, my custom made Zealios 67g has now become my favorite board/switch.

Offline avid

« Reply #275 on: Wed, 07 June 2017, 14:36:02 »
I had one but sold it. I kept my realforce 87 which i enjoy much more, both in terms of feeling and layout. However, hhkb was the first +200 board, which at the time i felt crazy. Now, spending 200-250 on a board seems normal.

Offline s0nia

« Reply #276 on: Wed, 07 June 2017, 18:57:11 »
Not even. In fact, I actively appreciate it each and every single use.

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #277 on: Thu, 08 June 2017, 17:32:21 »
Have had a 55g hypersphered HHKB for a couple of weeks. I completely love it.

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #278 on: Thu, 08 June 2017, 17:40:28 »
[grouchy "I don't get the whole mini-KB thing" post deleted]
« Last Edit: Thu, 08 June 2017, 18:47:49 by ander »
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline shadowku

« Reply #279 on: Thu, 08 June 2017, 23:30:37 »
I think one of the biggest problem people have with the HHKB is just the lack of an arrow cluster. I do sometimes wish that the original layout would have arrow keys, but its creator didn't need them for his work, and his original version didn't even have a fn layer for arrow keys.

I bought my HHKB off someone who had replaced it as his daily driver with a WhiteFox partly because he found it cumbersome to not have an arrow cluster. It then took me some time to adjust, which also included me having to install VIM mode on my XCode, which I now use everyday. But I'm not fully adjusted when I use Windows, so I got a Novatouch for home.

I really think it depends on what kind of typing you do and the environment you use, but if it weren't for the arrow cluster, I could see the HHKB becoming more common.

As for regrets, I have absolutely none. I appreciate it everyday and I do enjoy that I have been forced to become a more proficient VIM user, which, is a bigger challenge than getting used to the layout. The quality is great, and the sound and feel of it (it's lubed and 'sphered) brings joy to my fingers and ears. After I got it, I purged all my MX boards because I couldn't quite bear them anymore, so that could be a potential negative I suppose.

HHKB Pro2      FC660C

Offline ComandaPanda

« Reply #280 on: Fri, 09 June 2017, 11:59:21 »
Nope, best keyboard purchase ever.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #281 on: Fri, 09 June 2017, 12:42:40 »
Some of the posts in this thread are excellent examples of buyer's remorse rationalization. Awesome.

Offline keebwarrior

« Reply #282 on: Fri, 09 June 2017, 12:59:46 »
I would buy one if they had a split version

Offline f32h80fsd08h34r5

« Reply #283 on: Mon, 12 June 2017, 00:36:53 »
Not in the slightest! In fact, it was one of the best decisions I ever made!

Only.. I thought that after I bought it, that I would stop buying keyboards all together because it was so great and why would I ever need another one.. but still the collection grows.

oh well, it's all a part of the cycle of clicks and clacks.

Offline czarek

• Keep the momentum going!
    • FalbaTech
« Reply #284 on: Tue, 20 June 2017, 04:39:05 »
I already have second HHKB, as my previous one was very worn out. I use it a lot and it's one of my favourite keyboards, although it's definitely not the best keyboard of all times and depending on needs it might even be useless (normal MS Windows use is nasty, hitting Alt+F4 for example sucks, hitting Ctrl + Shift + F9 in Visual Studio hurts), but it's an iconinc keyboard nonetheless, and every collector should have at least one.
My little ErgoDox / GH60 factory: http://falbatech.pl

Offline Marutks

« Reply #285 on: Wed, 21 June 2017, 12:40:43 »
I don't regret buying mine.  I love HHKB layout and topre switches.   I use it at work where I am mostly typing code in emacs.
It took me a while to get used to HHKB because I was using full size keyboards before.  Now I prefer 60% size.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #286 on: Wed, 21 June 2017, 13:41:16 »
Some of the posts in this thread are excellent examples of buyer's remorse rationalization. Awesome.

Hahahahaha...

Pretty much everything that's positive that's ever been said about TOPRE,  is buyer's remorse rationalization..

There really is nothing so extraordinary about rubber dome with smoother sliders..

Offline Altis

« Reply #287 on: Wed, 21 June 2017, 14:05:01 »

Hahahahaha...

Pretty much everything that's positive that's ever been said about TOPRE,  is buyer's remorse rationalization..

There really is nothing so extraordinary about rubber dome with smoother sliders..

Maybe, but then that can be said of most keyboards/switches.

Part of what I love about Topre switches is that they're extremely easy to live with. I can use them at work without disturbing anyone and still get a great typing experience.
WhiteFox (Gateron Brown) -- Realforce 87U 45g -- Realforce 104UG (Hi Pro 45g) -- Realforce 108US 30g JIS -- HHKB Pro 2 -- IBM Model M ('90) -- IBM Model M SSK ('87) -- NMB RT-101 & RT-8255C+ (Hi-Tek Space Invaders) -- Chicony KB-5181 (Monterey Blue Alps) -- KPT-102 (KPT Alps) -- KUL ES-87 (62/65g Purple Zealios) -- CM QFR (MX Red) -- Apple Aluminum BT -- Realforce 23u Numpad -- Logitech K740 -- QSENN DT-35 -- Zenith Z-150 (Green Alps)

Offline Lazylewis

« Reply #288 on: Thu, 22 June 2017, 16:15:45 »

Hahahahaha...

So one guy bought topre and his buyer's remorse rationalisation excited the next guy and so on until we reached the current state where topre is popular and loved based on only buyers remorse rationalisation? What about all the other expensive crap on this hobby ? The list is endless, so why does buyer's remorse rationalisation only apply to topre?

And what's so special about all the other switches? Nothing.

What's funny is my topre boards are among some of my most affordable keyboards, as usually they come with awesome keycaps. For example my filco with gmk penumbra costs more than my 660c...
« Last Edit: Thu, 22 June 2017, 16:21:12 by Lazylewis »

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #289 on: Thu, 22 June 2017, 17:11:05 »

Hahahahaha...

So one guy bought topre and his buyer's remorse rationalisation excited the next guy and so on until we reached the current state where topre is popular and loved based on only buyers remorse rationalisation? What about all the other expensive crap on this hobby ? The list is endless, so why does buyer's remorse rationalisation only apply to topre?

What's funny is my topre boards are among some of my most affordable keyboards, as usually they come with awesome keycaps. For example my filco with gmk penumbra costs more than my 660c...

The phenomenon is called group thinking, that tends to be self feeding because the Topre community is one of the most vocal sub-communities within keyboard aficionado´s groups. At the same time, this community is full of people that actually like their Topre boards. The strange thing is the need to be reinforcing their preference, that makes rationalization a common place within this group. In all fairness, the same behavoir, maybe just a bit less evident, is sort of common in communities like ours, because value vs price paid for mechanical keyboard stuff is not self evident, so people tend to elaborate arguments that compensate for it. Think for example in Artisan stuff, which is a extreme example of a very weak value vs price paid relation.

The reason why your Topres appears to be more affordable is because they are less modable than for example how MX´s are.

Offline Lazylewis

« Reply #290 on: Fri, 23 June 2017, 16:31:55 »

Hahahahaha...

The reason why your Topres appears to be more affordable is because they are less modable than for example how MX´s are.

Which is basically what I said. Topre boards don't need the keys replaced because most of them come with extremely high quality keycaps. My HHKB and 660c keycaps are some of the nicest I have. The filcos I buy must have their caps replaced because they are garbage. Not only are MX boards more moddable, but they usually require modding to be any good. Hence why I think topre boards aren't as expensive as people make out.

Offline Auslander

« Reply #291 on: Fri, 23 June 2017, 20:04:30 »
I'm really happy with my HHKB, since MX blues started to annoy me after a while, and MX browns didnt feel that great to me. I wish Type-S HHKB was available in black so i bought a silenced Realforce to make my own :)
HHKB JP | Realforce 104UB-DK | HHKB Pro 2

Offline pab

• Dvorakian Nightmare
« Reply #292 on: Sat, 24 June 2017, 17:33:01 »
The only thing I regret is not modding my HHKB to 55g sooner.

Offline Hypersphere

« Reply #293 on: Sun, 25 June 2017, 16:02:07 »
My HHKB Pro 2 is still my go-to board for getting my work done. One of the best purchases I ever made. I like experimenting with other form factors, layouts, switches, etc., but thus far I've always come back to the HHKB.

I've ordered an Ellipse F62. It will be interesting to see if it will displace the HHKB from the top spot in my rotation.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #294 on: Sun, 25 June 2017, 22:21:02 »

:thumb:

:))
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline TopreFan333

« Reply #295 on: Mon, 26 June 2017, 17:05:10 »
Which is basically what I said. Topre boards don't need the keys replaced because most of them come with extremely high quality keycaps. My HHKB and 660c keycaps are some of the nicest I have. The filcos I buy must have their caps replaced because they are garbage. Not only are MX boards more moddable, but they usually require modding to be any good. Hence why I think topre boards aren't as expensive as people make out.

Exactly. And because my HHKB great looking, thick PBT caps from the get-go, and aside from the odd different-colored modifier key and a PBT spacebar I got, I'm not chasing every group buy to somehow "perfect" the look of my keyboard. It looked great out of the box and continues to look* and feel great several years of daily use later.

*as long as I Polident the caps from time to time.

Offline happylacquer

• BS Apologist
    • BHOBuds
« Reply #296 on: Tue, 27 June 2017, 09:53:52 »
****, I don't sign in for months and this is here still. Well, for what it's worth, I haven't had a HHKB for months and I hate it. I need to get a HHKB again  :'(
(I was about to Hasu a Pro1 and then couldn't bring myself to do it, so I sold it to get a Pro2, and hadn't got that Pro2 yet...)

Offline shekki

« Reply #297 on: Wed, 28 June 2017, 22:20:33 »
Went from a Filco with mx blues to the HHKB. There was a time where I thought it was a complete joke (expensive, niche, and I thought it was ugly) Now after owning one for about three months, it has quickly become my favorite thing like ever. Some say it takes them a couple days/weeks to fall in love with the keypress, but for me it was love at first thock...

Offline Belfong

« Reply #298 on: Wed, 28 June 2017, 22:55:43 »
No regrets but kinda upset that the media keys (Volume Up/Down/Mute) does not work in Windows; Mac only.

Offline shekki

« Reply #299 on: Thu, 29 June 2017, 00:34:48 »
No regrets but kinda upset that the media keys (Volume Up/Down/Mute) does not work in Windows; Mac only.

I have a hasu controller and my media keys work on Windows, not sure if this is well known