Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 4183246 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #28550 on: Tue, 04 May 2021, 15:24:36 »
In your opinion.

Only god knows for sure.

Based on the even the BEST CASE scenario for climate change models, we needed WFPB and Windmills starting 10 years AGO.

These best case models are assuming the use of  NET (s) (negative emissions technology), which are to be invented in the future. They do not even exist. That is how bad the situation is.

We're very much at the precipice of the cliff right now. This is the most informed opinion by climatologists.

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #28551 on: Tue, 04 May 2021, 15:56:23 »

Only god knows for sure.

Based on the even the BEST CASE scenario for climate change models, we needed WFPB and Windmills starting 10 years AGO.

These best case models are assuming the use of  NET (s) (negative emissions technology), which are to be invented in the future. They do not even exist. That is how bad the situation is.

We're very much at the precipice of the cliff right now. This is the most informed opinion by climatologists.

Quack Quack. A duck is a duck. Keep your insane rhetoric until you prove me wrong.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #28552 on: Tue, 04 May 2021, 16:34:37 »

starting 10 years AGO

Some of us have been frightened about this for quite a few decades.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/104286.Earth_in_the_Balance

Earth in the Balance became the first book written by a sitting U.S. Senator to make the New York Times bestseller list since John F. Kennedy's 1956 Profiles in Courage.

In 1993, Earth in the Balance was released in paperback and audiobook format on audio cassette tape.

It received the Robert F. Kennedy Center for Justice and Human Rights 1993 Book award given annually to a book that :
"most faithfully and forcefully reflects Robert Kennedy's purposes - his concern for the poor and the powerless, his struggle for honest and even-handed justice, his conviction that a decent society must assure all young people a fair chance, and his faith that a free democracy can act to remedy disparities of power and opportunity."

"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #28553 on: Tue, 04 May 2021, 18:29:41 »
The way I see it, the planet is running it's normal cycles but we've just sped them up from the norm they are supposed to be in.  Sure I'm for "Green" living and energy where it's applicable and sure as hell get away from some of the extremely dangerous, outdated,  energy sources we currently use.  But I'm not on board that the world is going to end in the next decade-ish, and even on that we'll see.  Moving to electric transport may seem good but then what about the battery disposal etc.

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28554 on: Tue, 04 May 2021, 18:44:03 »
The way I see it, the planet is running it's normal cycles but we've just sped them up from the norm they are supposed to be in.  Sure I'm for "Green" living and energy where it's applicable and sure as hell get away from some of the extremely dangerous, outdated,  energy sources we currently use.  But I'm not on board that the world is going to end in the next decade-ish, and even on that we'll see.  Moving to electric transport may seem good but then what about the battery disposal etc.

Unfortunately, it's not a normal cycle at all.

Under the normal cycle, we would actually already be in an ice age.

The primary contributor which disrupted that cycle has been human activity in deforestation and later animal husbandry, then VERY lately fossil fuels..

So it's good that we're not frozen, but at the same time, it is now in a severe overheat.  What we don't want is a snap back.  You pull the rubberband too far, it either breaks, or it snaps back, either case is bad, the recoil can disrupt life on this planet for 100s of thousands of years.

We simply have too much radioactive material that exists today. The bulk of it needs active cooling, and near indefinite energy input for containment. The waste embrittles the steel and concrete containers, necessitating change out. We have to have fully working industries to keep this going.   

In the event of societal collapse, managing these inputs is difficult enough with a working system, imagine 400x chernobyls + 1000s of other radiological waste sites across america and the world ALL UNMANAGED.  Roaches (MIGHT) survive, but it's certain humans will not. 

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #28555 on: Tue, 04 May 2021, 20:00:17 »

Unfortunately, it's not a normal cycle at all.

This much is true. We are in uncharted waters.

Since the Industrial Revolution, the human race has acquired the power to alter the very physical mechanics by which the planet operates. Science fiction authors started toying with these ideas in the 1930s, and, with the detonation of an atomic bomb, scientists became increasingly horrified and appalled at the destructive possibilities of our behavior, perhaps Oppenheimer and Einstien in particular.

Studies on global warming by the major oil comapnies performed over half a century ago have been an "open secret" for decades, and climate deniers have been ridiculous and pathetic fools since the Reagan era.

As a child in the 1950s, by the time I started school, or shortly thereafter, I was aware that the human race possessed the power and the means to destroy itself. Every person reading this undoubtedly takes the Native American belief that "we belong to the world, the world doesn't belong to us" as pitiful and amusingly quaint at best.

If you consider the Planet Earth as a single organism, are we, the human race, the "Crown of Creation" committing suicide, or are we, the human race, an assassin, killing the planet from within, like a cancer?

"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28556 on: Tue, 04 May 2021, 20:05:44 »
This much is true. We are in uncharted waters.

Since the Industrial Revolution, the human race has acquired the power to alter the very physical mechanics by which the planet operates.

To be more accurate, The Industrial Revolution the human race acquired the power to alter the world through FOSSIL FUELS.

Humans were already highly successful at altering the world even BEFORE this short 200 year.

For millennia, we've been cutting down trees and converting terrestrial life into to cows, sheep, pigs, chicken.

The NET warming effect of that deforestation and animal agriculture has a greater total effect on climate change than the fossil fuels.   The fossil fuels did their part more quickly than the former but it is a smaller proportion of the whole.

Offline yui

« Reply #28557 on: Wed, 05 May 2021, 02:00:42 »
[/size][/color]
do you know of a technology called "trees", and the larger scale of it called "forest"? pretty decent at absorbing CO2 and trapping water.
oh and maybe not burning coal to power "green" "electric" cars (at that point they should be called coal cars)... old cars are actually a lot greener, less production and destruction pollution, they often are a lot lighter, and although they are said to pollute more to run they also consume less gas (because weight and less electronic crap to power), soo i am not really sure about that either, and that little extra pollution is very easily offset by the production of a new car, that is built to last a far shorter lifespan.

and i would agree with TP and the not a normal cycle, yes in geological times the earth should warm up, just about 10 to 100 times slower than it does at the moment. although we have solutions, just either expensive or scary, so the wealthy decision makers rather do nothing or even go backward than actually fix things
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #28558 on: Thu, 06 May 2021, 05:27:12 »
It's my birthday tomorrow, an annual reminder that nothing's changed nor will it (because I don't know what I want so can't put in any effort to make it happen)  Weather's bad, physiological health's bad, mental health's bad - what's to celebrate?  Thankfully I'm at work pretty much all visiting hours so should just come home to a pile of cards rather than having to smile lots.
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28559 on: Thu, 06 May 2021, 07:47:17 »
It's my birthday tomorrow, an annual reminder that nothing's changed nor will it (because I don't know what I want so can't put in any effort to make it happen)  Weather's bad, physiological health's bad, mental health's bad - what's to celebrate?  Thankfully I'm at work pretty much all visiting hours so should just come home to a pile of cards rather than having to smile lots.

Sorange, you need a little notebook that catalogues all your progress, all the vidya you played, all the females you've courted, etcc.

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #28560 on: Thu, 06 May 2021, 08:03:50 »
Sounds like SOrange needs to escape to somewhere sunny and either in the Mountains or with a beach near by - amazing what a change nicer weather makes.  Weather is a big reason why I can't live year round in MA - the winters drag on for too long and mess with my mental health (too much gray for too long). 

**note** this is meant with the best intentions, not as a jab or understatement of what SOrange is feeling **note**

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #28561 on: Thu, 06 May 2021, 14:09:01 »

Birthdays are just meaningless milestones, as if they actually measure a human's progress. They are more like indicator's to measure against other's success who are around your age, at least that is what people seem to use them as. But who is to say what the measure of success is?
I think a major part of what many (myself included) are missing is just someone to be around. If it is a friend, or a significant other, humans are much to my chagrin social animals, and part of having balanced mental health is having someone to speak to and touch occasionally to remind yourself you are real. I suppose the real trick is finding someone willing to spend that much time with you.

Anyway happy birthday, knock back a few whiskey's and forget about it

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #28562 on: Sat, 08 May 2021, 06:25:09 »
Got ultrasound of my gall bladder yesterday. Yep: gall stones, and signs of there having been an inflammation in the gall bladder. I'm reading up on information and get more and more afraid that I'd need surgery of some sort or other.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #28563 on: Wed, 12 May 2021, 10:56:25 »
Got home from work to find a 'while you were out' card from the postman, the tracking shows this:

Seems to have been sent with an expensive service but I don't know anyone in Latvia and have no memory or e-mail relating to buying anything from Latvia :-\
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28564 on: Wed, 12 May 2021, 11:41:05 »
Got home from work to find a 'while you were out' card from the postman, the tracking shows this:

Show Image

Seems to have been sent with an expensive service but I don't know anyone in Latvia and have no memory or e-mail relating to buying anything from Latvia :-\

LIES... This is just Sorange's informational warfare,  he's covering his tracks for ordering his mail-order bride from Latvia.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #28565 on: Wed, 12 May 2021, 11:49:29 »

LIES... This is just Sorange's informational warfare,  he's covering his tracks for ordering his mail-order bride from Latvia.

Is that what they make in Latvia?  I mean Belgium makes chocolate and beer so someone could have ordered me either as a late birthday present, this could be the same but different?

Re-read (brain still not working properly) - mail order brides are human, not inflatable?  I don't think you could sneak a box  that big/heavy through customs without import tax, though it surely would require quick shipping :p
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline iri

« Reply #28566 on: Wed, 12 May 2021, 12:42:20 »
Latvia only makes sprats and synthetic drugs. I guess you're sorted either way.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #28567 on: Wed, 12 May 2021, 13:06:51 »
Interesting, I wonder if both come in the same box to throw the sniffer dogs off ;D
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #28568 on: Wed, 12 May 2021, 13:17:54 »
Are you awaiting any package from China, perhaps? Sometimes Chinese packages to somewhere in Europe get re-sent from a hub within Europe, with the hub as the new "origin". I suspect it must be some scheme to avoid taxation.

BTW, a couple months ago I got an email from UPS about an upcoming delivery that I hadn't expected. I logged in to read detailed tracking info, to find that it was apparently a new 3D printer, and to be delivered to another street than mine. After several phone calls, I came to the conclusion that it must have been human error at UPS: the actual recipient was another guy with the same name as mine but spelled differently, and of the two of us I was the only one who had an account at UPS. Too bad ... I would have wanted a free 3D printer.  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 May 2021, 13:40:32 by Findecanor »

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #28569 on: Wed, 12 May 2021, 14:00:30 »
Are you awaiting any package from China, perhaps? Sometimes Chinese packages get re-sent from hubs in Europe, with the hub as the new "origin".
I have nothing on the way from anywhere that I know of.  The only thing from China would be my Pro1X (mobile phone) but that's optimistically schedules to arrive in August as they have to redesign and recertify the PCB before they can make them so very unlikely.

Not allowed to collect the package until tomorrow so it's going to bother me for a long time yet.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #28570 on: Wed, 12 May 2021, 14:01:28 »

they also produce some of the most beautiful women in high ratios

Offline iri

« Reply #28571 on: Thu, 13 May 2021, 06:14:32 »

they also produce some of the most beautiful women in high ratios
That's subjective :p
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #28572 on: Sat, 15 May 2021, 02:40:55 »
The package was the result of a strange kickstarter - the runner was supposed to be in London yet it was sent from Latvia and the 'dispatch' notification was sent was sent out after the package had arrived.  No pretty ladies, drugs or fish :(

Today and yesterday I don't have the mental capacity to debug a broken keyboard.  As I'm already useless I agreed to work 10PM-6AM night shift for two weeks with no notice so having got up for work at 4AM yesterday and only managing to stay up 'til 1AM (and waking up before 8) I now have to work out when to sleep (twice?) between now and 36 hours time when I leave for work with no idea when I'm actually tired as I feel tired constantly no matter how much I sleep.  Also didn't think to check the train times before agreeing and it's either sit around the train station for an hour and go on what I guess will be a fairly busy commuter train or cycle home, which would be great except the last weather guess I saw was rain rain and more rain.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #28573 on: Mon, 17 May 2021, 19:57:47 »
My final reappeal for unemployment was denied, I spent 55 mins on the phone only to find out my PUA was also denied, I did not get the job I prepped for all last week, and I owe over $4500 in back rent. This has been a very very bad day. I don't know how much longer I will be allowed to live here, but the end is rapidly approaching. I have done everything within my power to get my life back but I have nothing left to give. Nothing left to sell. No lifelines or support. It's to the point I am so poor I cannot even afford to make it to my job that doesn't cover my rent and food regardless.
It is over. I tried so damn hard, but the past 2 years have broken me completely. When I am inevitably evicted I won't even have a roof over my head, and that is not a way I want to live.

I don't know how much longer I will have phone or internet so if I disappear for some reason it has been nice knowing you all. This was a great community to be a part of over the years. It has been wonderful to see this keyboard thing reach the point it is at today, and it has been an honor to be a part of that. More than that it has been great to have people to talk to in times when no one else was there. Thank you.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28574 on: Mon, 17 May 2021, 20:38:45 »
NT, I thought you got that job at dat g4m3r place with the computers ?

Offline yui

« Reply #28575 on: Tue, 18 May 2021, 01:37:16 »
NT, don't you have a skill worth selling? like can you solder a board and offer that service for a price, to at least make some money (i used that example because i guess most of us "old" keyboard enthusiasts can, i am sure there are plenty other options).
or just make a bogus kickstarter and run with the money :)

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #28576 on: Tue, 18 May 2021, 12:36:39 »
I don't know what to say noisy, this place wont be the same without your carefree bluntness and your continued striving has been a wonder to behold - I would have given up long ago.

Hopefully you find yourself a couch to sleep on (not one that's discarded in an alley!) and things look up for you in the future.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline yui

« Reply #28577 on: Wed, 19 May 2021, 02:54:50 »
if you were not that far away i would have offered you a bed and a room to stay, but i do not imagine you are in even in France much less in the Nantes area? (for context this is addressed to noisyturtle)

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #28578 on: Wed, 19 May 2021, 07:54:44 »
This has probably already been discussed somewhere else within these walls, but I just needed to vent.

Am I the only person who hates the abomination that is the new 'toilet paper' GMK packaging.  WTF were they thinking.  It is quite possibly some of the worst designed product I have ever seen.  It does not fulfil the brief of keeping the caps in a secure and safe package because they fall out of it all over the place even when shipping.  It does not keep the caps in place when on a shelf, nor does it even allow you to place the caps back into the box without a bloody fight every time.

There are a thousand different ways in which this packaging could have been improved, even without giving up on their supposed commitment to the environment.  Honestly, GMK packaging is quite possibly the one thing that might stop me ordering any more caps from them.  It is that bad.

Over to you for your thoughts.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #28579 on: Wed, 19 May 2021, 08:05:00 »
GMK packaging is quite possibly the one thing that might stop me ordering any more caps from them.  It is that bad.

I'm not qualified to comment having never seen this toilet paper but back in my keycap buying days caps came in ziplock bags - whatever they've done has to be an improvement, surely!
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline yui

« Reply #28580 on: Wed, 19 May 2021, 08:42:06 »
GMK packaging is quite possibly the one thing that might stop me ordering any more caps from them.  It is that bad.

I'm not qualified to comment having never seen this toilet paper but back in my keycap buying days caps came in ziplock bags - whatever they've done has to be an improvement, surely!
in the space taking department, it is far worse, but even both my set came with very damaged packaging the key-caps were undamaged in both cases, so to me it does its job sufficiently well.

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #28581 on: Wed, 19 May 2021, 08:45:57 »

Zip lock is peak packaging  :thumb:
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #28582 on: Wed, 19 May 2021, 11:04:41 »

I would take a good quality zip lock bag over their toilet roll crap any day.  It is just annoying in every way.  They can't be stacked vertically because the caps fall out of their holder.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #28583 on: Wed, 09 June 2021, 12:52:19 »
Took pizza out of the freezer for an easy meal - it's snapped clean in two.  The box is perfect so it must have happened pre-packing :mad:
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #28584 on: Wed, 09 June 2021, 13:04:17 »
Working off commission now this asshat I work with showed up 3 hours early to his shift and proceeded to steal a $1200 sale from me. I had the customer all pulled up on the POS he closed the screen and logged himself in, then just took every customer until I just went home out of frustration. Looks like I'm gonna be looking for another **** job I hate pretty soon.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #28585 on: Wed, 09 June 2021, 13:47:12 »

proceeded to steal

just took every customer

Your boss/manager/owner tolerates this?

I have had this happen a few times in my life and, I went to the real decision maker and raised holy hell about it. Generally they have let the closed sales stand but make a policy change going forward.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #28586 on: Wed, 09 June 2021, 13:49:41 »

proceeded to steal

just took every customer

I have had this happen a few times in my life and, I went to the real decision maker and raised holy hell about it. Generally they have let the closed sales stand but make a policy change going forward.

He's on vacation for the week. Usually when I'm there w/ someone else we switch off between sales so we each get a good commission, this piece of **** blocks off the register and doesn't even allow me to make any sales at all. Even if I do all the floor work and sell the customer on something they want, he still steals the sale at the register. I'm like a day away from just walking out on the job completely.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #28587 on: Wed, 09 June 2021, 14:06:12 »

Even if I do all the floor work and sell the customer on something

Get the customer's name and keep it written down. Evidence is supremely important, as always.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28588 on: Wed, 09 June 2021, 14:49:51 »

proceeded to steal

just took every customer

He's on vacation for the week. Usually when I'm there w/ someone else we switch off between sales so we each get a good commission, this piece of **** blocks off the register and doesn't even allow me to make any sales at all. Even if I do all the floor work and sell the customer on something they want, he still steals the sale at the register. I'm like a day away from just walking out on the job completely.

How is he able to do this? Is that not something you get murdered over ?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #28589 on: Wed, 09 June 2021, 23:35:01 »

proceeded to steal

just took every customer

How is he able to do this? Is that not something you get murdered over ?

He almost did, I had to leave for the day before I lost my **** on him.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28590 on: Fri, 11 June 2021, 20:10:47 »
When you watch a movie, and you see this garbage,  that's how u know it's  a crap movie.

Look at that banding.

270458-0

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #28591 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 12:44:22 »
When you watch a movie, and you see this garbage,  that's how u know it's  a crap movie.

Look at that banding.

(Attachment Link)
Are we looking at the lack of AA on the wing?
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28592 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 13:04:08 »
Are we looking at the lack of AA on the wing?

In the sky, you see how there're these flat ribbon patches of blue instead of a steady gradient ?

This is known as color banding, I'm guessing they used stock footage to fill in this scene, but either way, poor post production, someone should've caught it and used a decontouring filter.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #28593 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 15:12:47 »
In the thumbnail the sky looks bandy and the wing looks fine, enlarged the sky looks OK but the assumedly fixed width lines going down the wing look to be twice as wide in some places as in others.  Maybe I just can't see enough sky zoomed in :P
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28594 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 15:46:11 »
In the thumbnail the sky looks bandy and the wing looks fine, enlarged the sky looks OK but the assumedly fixed width lines going down the wing look to be twice as wide in some places as in others.  Maybe I just can't see enough sky zoomed in :P

One day the Videophile in you will also rage.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #28595 on: Sun, 13 June 2021, 16:36:51 »
You all know I've really been struggling financially this past year and was just running some numbers that really bothered me.

Calculating the time and financial cost for my weekly transportation budget used only going to and from work which is only 7 miles away from my home:

Time Cost:
About 480 mins or 8 hrs a week waiting for and riding the bus. This is accounting for a round-trip 6x a week
That's an entire work day each week just getting to and from work.

Financial Cost:
$30.25 a week for 11 rides @ $2.75 ea. =
$121 a month
+Sat night Uber costs(bus does not run after 9pm to my home) roughly $30 each week =
$241 a month in transportation expenses

That is obscene and disheartening. I got made fun of by highschool kids last week for not having a car. I'm almost 40.
Owning a vehicle would absolutely and unequivocally cost FAR less each month than it costs to take public transportation, but not being able to afford the car I feel stuck under this invisible thumb of time and money debt forever. And at minimum wage that $241 is nearly an entire weekly paycheck. I need to quit this job, but I can't afford to. Don't know what to do anymore or how to make the debt stop getting worse and worse each month. I don't know what to do.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #28597 on: Sun, 13 June 2021, 17:33:09 »
There's no work closer ?

Applied to many. I think the issue is I am way overqualified for retail positions so they figure I would leave as soon as I got a job that lines up with my resume. Only explanation I can think of other than a swamp witches curse.

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #28598 on: Sun, 13 June 2021, 17:36:38 »
If you are able to, by that I mean fit enough, buy a bike and cycle to work when you are able.  It is good for your health, 7miles is not too far and you will save a fortune.  You might even start to prefer it.

Systems -
More

Keyboards -
More

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28599 on: Sun, 13 June 2021, 17:57:13 »
If you are able to, by that I mean fit enough, buy a bike and cycle to work when you are able.  It is good for your health, 7miles is not too far and you will save a fortune.  You might even start to prefer it.

Hrrm, pretty gud' idea. or a motorcycle, cheaper than cars.

It's crazy amount of sweat, but you can bring a towel and give yourself a wipe down when you get to work.

also probably faster than waiting for the bus