Author Topic: R4 Zealio Switch/Zeal60RGB/Zealencio Silencing Clips/Transparent Screw-in Stabs!  (Read 306725 times)

Offline itskuroi

With how many tickets I sent to you and all those combining orders, do you think I still have my original order #?

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
With how many tickets I sent to you and all those combining orders, do you think I still have my original order #?

Heh, I've also switched my order more than once too. Adding more stuff on, subtracting some off, and adding more back on. Zeal is responsive, helpful, and friendly. Couldn't be happier giving him my money.

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
    • Zeal Generation Inc.

As long as your original order wasn't cancelled, the earliest order # you have will be the one in the fulfillment queue. The additional add-ons will be fulfilled at the same time the earliest # gets sent out.
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
neat pcb

Offline itskuroi

Heh, I've also switched my order more than once too. Adding more stuff on, subtracting some off, and adding more back on. Zeal is responsive, helpful, and friendly. Couldn't be happier giving him my money.

All I did was add more and more on...AHHHHHH MY WALLET.

As long as your original order wasn't cancelled, the earliest order # you have will be the one in the fulfillment queue. The additional add-ons will be fulfilled at the same time the earliest # gets sent out.

Ahhh, alright sounds good! Thank you again Zeal :)

Offline Maybee

Can't wait to get my 67s!
Build In progress. B.face X2-67g R4 Zeals-SA HyperFuse

Offline MandrewDavis

• Chasin' That Neon Rainbow
I've come to view humanity as predominantly monkey business.

My Classifieds Thread

Offline forevermadrigal

Is there any way to tell the difference rounds of switches?

Offline menuhin

Do you mean R2 vs R3 vs R4?
I want to know too - the visual way, but not until you open the switch or have to measure the force curve yourself.
Wishlist: 1) nice thick Alps caps; 2) Cherry profile POM;
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
NeXT non-ADB keyboard (AAE)
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT
[~90WPM, in love with Emacs, and Lisp]

Offline GreyAmbience

• I can stop when ever I want
Posting to save in tapatalk

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.

R1 all had the same stem colour as present day 65g.

R2/R3 were the same, no changes in between. Introduction of 62g/65g/67g/78g diff shades of purple

R4 updated 67g stem colour to "old" 78g colour (received reports that the shades were too similar). R4 78g got an eggplant purple shade and new spring force curve.

Offline forevermadrigal

Do you mean R2 vs R3 vs R4?
I want to know too - the visual way, but not until you open the switch or have to measure the force curve yourself.
Yes! I feel like it would be very important to tell r4's from everything.

Offline Petch

There's no point in stickering these when they arrive, right?

As for lube, just thick on the spring?

Offline Fictiouz

• That "White" Guy
  • "You miss 100% of the shots you take." -S. Trooper

I do not recommending stickering Zealios. I have done it on one board in the past and the switches felt far too tight.
Halifax, NS Meetup | "I know you'll come back to me, I'm like a good kind of herpes, I'm impossible to get rid of." - 27
67g Zilent V2 M60-A | BKE Redux HHKB Professional 2 | 62g Silent Black Planck | 62g Vint Black Tex Yoda II | Bolt-Modded Model M 1391301

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.

Stickers / gap film will add unnecessary stress between the two housings. There is no vertical gap between the two halves like Cherry.

As for lube, I personally only use lubed Zealios

Offline forevermadrigal

Zeal, how would you recommend you lube your switches? It'll be my first time lubing, but would much rather type on lubed switches.

Offline MandrewDavis

• Chasin' That Neon Rainbow
Derp, misread your comment
« Last Edit: Sun, 06 November 2016, 01:34:09 by MandrewDavis »
I've come to view humanity as predominantly monkey business.

My Classifieds Thread

Offline fluxrez

Is the button on the bottom of the RGB board accessible without taking the keyboard apart when using those standard 60% cases?  hard to tell from photos

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
Zeal, how would you recommend you lube your switches? It'll be my first time lubing, but would much rather type on lubed switches.
Lube bottom housing left/right slider guides, inside and out of spring, left/right/front/back of slider, little swirl on the pole. Lubing the tactile leg is optional. Try for yourself and see what feel you like best.

Is the button on the bottom of the RGB board accessible without taking the keyboard apart when using those standard 60% cases?  hard to tell from photos

The bootloader button is in between the "A" and "S" key. Don't have a poker style case where there's a cutout underneath, but you don't have to press it everytime you flash a new hex. Just holding down space+b while plugging in the cable will do the same thing.

Offline asgeirtj

Lube bottom housing left/right slider guides, inside and out of spring, left/right/front/back of slider, little swirl on the pole. Lubing the tactile leg is optional. Try for yourself and see what feel you like best.

Tactile leg = the legs on the front of the slider?  If yes, you mention that you recommend lubing the front of the slider, do you then mean that you should just lube the front and not the legs?

Edit: I assume you mention that the tactile leg is optional to lube since some would want to keep it unlubed to not decrease the tactility, I'm interested, do you lube it?
« Last Edit: Sun, 06 November 2016, 07:21:42 by asgeirtj »
Leopold FC900 w/ 67g Purple Zealios - Silver Duck Octagon w/ 62 Purple Zealios

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.

Tactile leg = the legs on the front of the slider?  If yes, you mention that you recommend lubing the front of the slider, do you then mean that you should just lube the front and not the legs?

Edit: I assume you mention that the tactile leg is optional to lube since some would want to keep it unlubed to not decrease the tactility, I'm interested, do you lube it?

Front = top part that's on top of the tactile legs.

Depends on how thin of a coating you put on. I have both lubed tactile legs and w/o. Leaning a bit towards not lubing it.

Offline Aperture_Sci

• ZZ96 / 65g Zealios / GMK Sky Dolch
hey Zeal,

Thanks for doing a R4, I bought 100 caps and both sets of gold stabs. Just 2 questions, sorry if they have been asked before: Will both the switches and stabs ship together, or will they arrive individually? Also, are we still on track for Gateron shipping tomorrow?

Aperture_Sci

Offline Aperture_Sci

And by caps, I mean switches....sighh

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
hey Zeal,

Thanks for doing a R4, I bought 100 caps and both sets of gold stabs. Just 2 questions, sorry if they have been asked before: Will both the switches and stabs ship together, or will they arrive individually? Also, are we still on track for Gateron shipping tomorrow?

Aperture_Sci

Yes, the switches and stabilizers will be shipped together. Shipping is still on track.

Offline forevermadrigal

I know gateron is suppose to ship the switches out today, but I see you can still buy 67g switches, is this still possible?

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
I know gateron is suppose to ship the switches out today, but I see you can still buy 67g switches, is this still possible?

Yes, extra switches were ordered for retail sale.

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
Little update:

Zealios were a bit delayed in shipping and will be going out tomorrow local time (Nov 16, evening PST time). I expect to receive them on Friday.
Stabilizers and Zealencio clips are complete ahead of schedule and will be shipped right after the Zealios. I expect to receive that shipment Monday.
Zeal60 expected shipping time is Nov 30th. Thanksgivings week in the US got in the way, so it pushed the shipping estimate a few days back.

That's it for now, thanks for the patience guys.

Offline Fictiouz

• That "White" Guy
  • "You miss 100% of the shots you take." -S. Trooper
Little update:

Zealios were a bit delayed in shipping and will be going out tomorrow local time (Nov 16, evening PST time). I expect to receive them on Friday.
Stabilizers and Zealencio clips are complete ahead of schedule and will be shipped right after the Zealios. I expect to receive that shipment Monday.
Zeal60 expected shipping time is Nov 30th. Thanksgivings week in the US got in the way, so it pushed the shipping estimate a few days back.

Wooo glad to hear Zeal.

If I was to add non GB items (i.e. LEDs, SIPs, Lube) to my order when would you recommend having that done by?
Halifax, NS Meetup | "I know you'll come back to me, I'm like a good kind of herpes, I'm impossible to get rid of." - 27
67g Zilent V2 M60-A | BKE Redux HHKB Professional 2 | 62g Silent Black Planck | 62g Vint Black Tex Yoda II | Bolt-Modded Model M 1391301

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
Little update:

Wooo glad to hear Zeal.

If I was to add non GB items (i.e. LEDs, SIPs, Lube) to my order when would you recommend having that done by?

Preferably before the switches come in, as I'll be busy packing and not paying as much attention to emails for the coming weeks.

Offline JDragon

Are there any places that stock the springs used in the 67g switches? I'm modding Cherry MX RGB Blue switches w/ Aristotle stems and think the spring weight of my 67g Zealios/Zealiostotles is my ideal weight. I tried using the 68g SPRiT springs on mechanicalkeyboards.com but the force curve is a little bit different and I like the 67g Zealios springs much better... but don't want to take apart all my Zealios just for the springs. :(

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
Are there any places that stock the springs used in the 67g switches? I'm modding Cherry MX RGB Blue switches w/ Aristotle stems and think the spring weight of my 67g Zealios/Zealiostotles is my ideal weight. I tried using the 68g SPRiT springs on mechanicalkeyboards.com but the force curve is a little bit different and I like the 67g Zealios springs much better... but don't want to take apart all my Zealios just for the springs. :(

Unfortunately not...The springs in Zealios are only made and factory installed into Zealios.

Offline JDragon

Unfortunately not...The springs in Zealios are only made and factory installed into Zealios.

Ah darn... debating deconstructing my Zealios now but it seems like such a waste. The force curve on them feels so nice for tactile/clicky switches.

Offline satricion

Is it too late to buy Zealios from your website Zeal?

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
Is it too late to buy Zealios from your website Zeal?

Any remaining stock that lets you purchase is available.

Offline fanman888

Little update:

WOOT WOOT :thumb:

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.

1/2

Offline forevermadrigal

Show Image

1/2
Hype! If we were to make an order and we have an order of gb switches, will everything ship together or separately?

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
Show Image

1/2
Hype! If we were to make an order and we have an order of gb switches, will everything ship together or separately?

I most likely won't notice it's a repeat order, so please send me an email with your order #s you'd like to combine.

Offline Aperture_Sci

Hey Zeal,

If you find yourself with a little extra time, could you post some photos of the switches when they come in? I think it would be awesome to see some early pictures, along with seeing THAT many switches all in one place!!

If not, no problem, I know you're extremely busy.

Offline Elth

• Easy now fuzzy little man peach
Hey Zeal,

If you find yourself with a little extra time, could you post some photos of the switches when they come in? I think it would be awesome to see some early pictures, along with seeing THAT many switches all in one place!!

If not, no problem, I know you're extremely busy.

From r1 group buy. Probably more pictures posted a few pages after too

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=74807.msg1890980#msg1890980
TGR Jane V2 | TGR 910 | TGR Jane CE

Offline owacle

Offline balancebox

just ordered some 67g and 78g. can't wait to try them. Just need to decide which board to put them on now.
Filco MJ2 104 w/ Cherry Black | Filco MJ2 104 w/ Cherry Brown | KBT Pure w/ Cherry Blue | CMStorm QFR w/ Cherry Ghetto Green | Ducky One w/ Gateron Green |

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
First half of shipment received. Working on packing the orders and shipping whatever is possible, based on a first to order basis (orders waiting on stabs/pcb will be put on the side until those shipments come in).

95kg of goodies

New 78g "eggplant purple". Excuse the warm/poor lighting.

Pricing is now adjusted to reflect Retail pricing.

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
First half of shipment received. Working on packing the orders and shipping whatever is possible, based on a first to order basis (orders waiting on stabs/pcb will be put on the side until those shipments come in).

95kg of goodies
Show Image

Show Image

Love the darker purple on these!

Offline forevermadrigal

Such a deep purple, so nice  :thumb: any idea when the second half will come in?

Offline Dominathan

• Too many keyboards? Not enough hands.
Gorgeous!  I can't wait!  Sadly, I have to wait till the PCBs come in... but I know it's going to be worth the wait!

I would love to see all 4 rounds side by side, to see how they all changed.

Offline Hypocaffeinic

Ooh, so exciting! Mine are destined for a B.mini build.  :thumb:

Actually I'm pondering whether or not to grab some 67g switches for my impending Minivan.. I really wanted some 62g for that, but they're long gone, and now 65g are sold out too. I suspect 67 will feel too heavy, as I'd really not like anything much heavier than my Pok3r with 65g ErgoClears. For some reason I feel too that heavy springs on a tiny board would be weird, and not ideal for something that I'd like to be light and quiet for typing on during conferences, in hotel rooms, etc......  :-\
« Last Edit: Sat, 19 November 2016, 04:11:11 by Hypocaffeinic »

Offline Berzerker

Ooh, so exciting! Mine are destined for a B.mini build.  :thumb:

Actually I'm pondering whether or not to grab some 67g switches for my impending Minivan.. I really wanted some 62g for that, but they're long gone, and now 65g are sold out too. I suspect 67 will feel too heavy, as I'd really not like anything much heavier than my Pok3r with 65g ErgoClears. For some reason I feel too that heavy springs on a tiny board would be weird, and not ideal for something that I'd like to be light and quiet for typing on during conferences, in hotel rooms, etc......  :-\

Join the true 78g masterrace! I'm currently typing on 62g R2s spring-swapped to 80g and they feel amazing.

Offline Owntrolf

Dam is it too late to change orders now?

I want to add 20 more switches and another pack of sip sockets since Im getting a numpad and switching switches out of that too

I just sent a message through teh contact us thing

Edit: Zeal delivers \o/
« Last Edit: Sat, 19 November 2016, 15:42:19 by Owntrolf »

Offline balancebox

95kg of goodies
Show Image

Show Image

woot lucky i order just before price hit retail =))))

hmm wonder if i should buy a 2nd hand QFR to install these switchs... or mod my filco....
Filco MJ2 104 w/ Cherry Black | Filco MJ2 104 w/ Cherry Brown | KBT Pure w/ Cherry Blue | CMStorm QFR w/ Cherry Ghetto Green | Ducky One w/ Gateron Green |