Author Topic: R4 Zealio Switch/Zeal60RGB/Zealencio Silencing Clips/Transparent Screw-in Stabs!  (Read 306333 times)

Offline munch

• !

Offline Fictiouz

• That "White" Guy
  • "You miss 100% of the shots you take." -S. Trooper
Zeal those switches are HAWT. Can't wait to have some of those beauties.
Halifax, NS Meetup | "I know you'll come back to me, I'm like a good kind of herpes, I'm impossible to get rid of." - 27
67g Zilent V2 M60-A | BKE Redux HHKB Professional 2 | 62g Silent Black Planck | 62g Vint Black Tex Yoda II | Bolt-Modded Model M 1391301

Offline Hypocaffeinic

Ooh, so exciting! Mine are destined for a B.mini build.  :thumb:

Actually I'm pondering whether or not to grab some 67g switches for my impending Minivan.. I really wanted some 62g for that, but they're long gone, and now 65g are sold out too. I suspect 67 will feel too heavy, as I'd really not like anything much heavier than my Pok3r with 65g ErgoClears. For some reason I feel too that heavy springs on a tiny board would be weird, and not ideal for something that I'd like to be light and quiet for typing on during conferences, in hotel rooms, etc......  :-\

Join the true 78g masterrace! I'm currently typing on 62g R2s spring-swapped to 80g and they feel amazing.

78g?! But.. but I have delicate lady fingers! I don't wanna have to use two fingers to depress each key, hahaha!  :confused:

Offline fendent

• * Maker
Ooh, so exciting! Mine are destined for a B.mini build.  :thumb:

Actually I'm pondering whether or not to grab some 67g switches for my impending Minivan.. I really wanted some 62g for that, but they're long gone, and now 65g are sold out too. I suspect 67 will feel too heavy, as I'd really not like anything much heavier than my Pok3r with 65g ErgoClears. For some reason I feel too that heavy springs on a tiny board would be weird, and not ideal for something that I'd like to be light and quiet for typing on during conferences, in hotel rooms, etc......  :-\

Join the true 78g masterrace! I'm currently typing on 62g R2s spring-swapped to 80g and they feel amazing.

78g?! But.. but I have delicate lady fingers! I don't wanna have to use two fingers to depress each key, hahaha!  :confused:

The weight only signifies total weight to bottom out. The actuation point is somewhere before that point on the force curve. Obviously I don't know the exact ones for Zealios, but  still

Offline Dominathan

• Too many keyboards? Not enough hands.
Zeal, I'm assuming you are busy with all of the sorting, but did you get the stabs?!  Can we see them?   

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
Zeal, I'm assuming you are busy with all of the sorting, but did you get the stabs?!  Can we see them?   

No, not yet. Packing those took longer to ship than expected. :( Still waiting on second shipment. Really hoping they ship out tonight.
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline nicckk

Got my order of 78g switches today! Wow these are awesome and totally worth the wait. Now I just need my sentraq s60-x rgb order to come in!

Offline oumakavoula

received mine and holy **** was that fast from LA to middle of nowhere in france in 2 days ! the packaging was very nice & the switches feels great thank you so much

Offline Aperture_Sci

• ZZ96 / 65g Zealios / GMK Sky Dolch
Super jealous everyone is receiving their stuff and I'm over here with an unbuilt RS96 kit like  :eek:

Hope those stabs come in soon :) No worries - I know the products are going to be awesome Zeal!

Offline Maybee

Super jealous everyone is receiving their stuff and I'm over here with an unbuilt RS96 kit like  :eek:

Hope those stabs come in soon :) No worries - I know the products are going to be awesome Zeal!

I feel your pain man, my B.face X2 kit is sitting here as well
Build In progress. B.face X2-67g R4 Zeals-SA HyperFuse

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
Hey guys (mostly customers in the Eastern USA states, some int'l, shipments via DHL only),

Some of you may be wondering why your package was shipped via DHL Monday and wasn't delivered Tuesday. Apparently the pilots from the company that is contracted to fly air cargo for DHL Express & Amazon went on a surprise strike early Tuesday morning (1 or so AM local time). This hugely affected the DHL Cincinnati sorting hub (main one, West coast shipments go through LAX Airport). As such, your shipment may be "on hold" and delayed for a day or two. I'm monitoring the progress and have requested for updates with my account manager. I see a few shipments are moving again and some have delivered today.

In regards to the shipments I sent out on Tuesday (yesterday), it seems like those shipments were held at the warehouse for further instruction as DHL didn't want more packages stuck at the Cincinnati sorting hub. I see they left at 6am today local time, presumably a reroute to LAX airport instead.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/pilots-strike-at-cargo-carrier-serving-dhl-amazon-com-1479821378

Will keep you guys updated and hopefully this issue is resolved quickly.

In the meantime, I'm still packing and shipping out orders. Goal is still to have everything out within 2 weeks time.

Update: My DHL Rep called me and said that DHL has made alternative arrangements to have another 3rd party fly out their parcels. You may not get live tracking until it arrives to the DHL warehouse right before going out for delivery.
« Last Edit: Wed, 23 November 2016, 17:28:24 by Zeal »

Offline kawasaki161

I think it's great that you are even updating your customers on stuff that is not under your direct influence, even though I wasn't affected I really appreciate it  :thumb:.

Can't wait for the stabs  :)

Offline Parva Ovis

How do I find out if my package was shipped yet or not?

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
How do I find out if my package was shipped yet or not?

You will receive a shipping notification email. Currently working through orders 49xx.

Orders with stabilizers/Zeal60 PCB are being held back until those shipments arrive.

Offline tripandfall426

Since I ended up adding onto my order, I have three order numbers. (#5087 First order number, #5352, #5416) will these orders be combined and shipped together with one tracking number?

b.mini

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
Since I ended up adding onto my order, I have three order numbers. (#5087 First order number, #5352, #5416) will these orders be combined and shipped together with one tracking number?

Yes. Once we reach your earliest order #, the other two will be packed and fulfilled at the same time.

Offline tandalor2

When can I expect orders in the 56xx range to be processed/ship out?

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
When can I expect orders in the 56xx range to be processed/ship out?

1-1.5 weeks.

Offline Owntrolf

Thats still pretty fast tho

Im still waiting on the massdrop gateron GB for the gateron clear stems to switch with the zealio stems

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
Status update:

Just contacted Gateron asking for a status update on the second shipment. Apparently everything is ready and boxed, but no one knows how to fill the DHL waybill and prepare the commercial invoice properly other than my rep, and he went out on an unexpected business trip...He promises to have that shipment out on Monday (local time, expecting to receive shipment Tuesday North American time), and is really sorry for the delay.

This might push fulfillment of some orders back a few days as we're running low on 67g and 78g Zealios (majority of them are in the second shipment). Will keep everyone updated as I receive them.

-Zeal

Offline fanman888

Status update:

Just contacted Gateron asking for a status update on the second shipment. Apparently everything is ready and boxed, but no one knows how to fill the DHL waybill and prepare the commercial invoice properly other than my rep, and he went out on an unexpected business trip...He promises to have that shipment out on Monday (local time, expecting to receive shipment Tuesday North American time), and is really sorry for the delay.

This might push fulfillment of some orders back a few days as we're running low on 67g and 78g Zealios (majority of them are in the second shipment). Will keep everyone updated as I receive them.

-Zeal

Thanks for keeping us updated! Bummer, but nothing anyone can really do.

Offline jessica

• Formerly CuteDreamsOfYou & Brazzers
  • HHKB is the only good layout
Status update:

-Zeal

SICK

Offline shangrila500

Status update:

-Zeal

That sucks, this stuff seems to happen a lot with custom made things though. I think the majority of us have gotten used to a few setbacks and/or date changes and don't have any issues with it! It also helps that when our orders do ship we know for a fact that they are very well packaged, that the parts are all high quality, and that they will be in our hands the next day.

Is the second shipment just switches or is it everything (switches, stabs, and Zealencios)? Is there any way you can give a guesstimate (I don't need a firm date or anything like that, I am just curious) on when the 52xx orders might ship?

Offline dakuzo

Zealencios just arrived  :thumb: going to put them on my TX1800
Digilog Realforce 87u - 45g - GMK Dolch
Leopold FC660C - JTK WoB
GoN Nerd Crystal TKL - 62g Mx Blacks - JTK PoW
Duck Octagon - Gateron Blacks - Miami Odessa R4

Offline joey

:O Let us know how you like them!

Offline dakuzo

Got the zealencios installed and so far pretty good. Base switches on my TX1800 are 62g Gateron Blacks. Bottom-out feeling is very similar to bottoming out topres. Only drawback so far is that Cherry profile R2 - R4 keycaps randomly clip the Zealencio attachment based on where I press the keycap.
Leopold FC660C - JTK WoB

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.

Got the zealencios installed and so far pretty good. Base switches on my TX1800 are 62g Gateron Blacks. Bottom-out feeling is very similar to bottoming out topres. Only drawback so far is that Cherry profile R2 - R4 keycaps randomly clip the Zealencio attachment based on where I press the keycap.

Have you made sure that both sides have clipped in firmly with two click sounds per clip (and using the included spudger to press them down)?

Based on my testing, the final production clips shouldn't have any rubbing issues with the tops. I've tested GMK and ePBT in various profiles.

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
Status update:

-Zeal

That sucks, this stuff seems to happen a lot with custom made things though. I think the majority of us have gotten used to a few setbacks and/or date changes and don't have any issues with it! It also helps that when our orders do ship we know for a fact that they are very well packaged, that the parts are all high quality, and that they will be in our hands the next day.

Is the second shipment just switches or is it everything (switches, stabs, and Zealencios)? Is there any way you can give a guesstimate (I don't need a firm date or anything like that, I am just curious) on when the 52xx orders might ship?

Second shipment contains most of my 67g and 78g Zealios as well as all the transparent stabilizers.

52xx range should be shipping over the weekend, unless you have 67g/78g/transparent stabs, which I am out of/waiting for to arrive.

Offline dakuzo

Have you made sure that both sides have clipped in firmly with two click sounds per clip (and using the included spudger to press them down)?

Based on my testing, the final production clips shouldn't have any rubbing issues with the tops. I've tested GMK and ePBT in various profiles.

Yep, I used the included spudger and confirmed 2 clicks per Zealencio (1 click per side). The Gateron switch is probably more at fault for the rubbing than the Zealencios. I put some Zealencios on another board with Cherry MX Blacks and did experience any rubbing.
Leopold FC660C - JTK WoB

Offline MandrewDavis

• Chasin' That Neon Rainbow
Is it easier to install Zealencios with switches installed in a board or loose?
I've come to view humanity as predominantly monkey business.

My Classifieds Thread

Offline nugglets

Status update:

-Zeal

Second shipment contains most of my 67g and 78g Zealios as well as all the transparent stabilizers.

52xx range should be shipping over the weekend, unless you have 67g/78g/transparent stabs, which I am out of/waiting for to arrive.

Sorry if I've missed it, but when are the Zeal60 PCBs expected?

Offline loud_asian

Little update:

Zealios were a bit delayed in shipping and will be going out tomorrow local time (Nov 16, evening PST time). I expect to receive them on Friday.
Stabilizers and Zealencio clips are complete ahead of schedule and will be shipped right after the Zealios. I expect to receive that shipment Monday.
Zeal60 expected shipping time is Nov 30th. Thanksgivings week in the US got in the way, so it pushed the shipping estimate a few days back.

That's it for now, thanks for the patience guys.
EM7 | Nunu | Virgo | Salamander | SS AEK64

Offline potatobot

• Her Endgame
  • GMK BLACK LOTUS
where are my zealios :(

Offline jessica

• Formerly CuteDreamsOfYou & Brazzers
  • HHKB is the only good layout
where are my zealios :(

I'm sure they're making their way to you friend <3

Offline onmybikedrunk

• Danny Woods - Industrial Designer

Zeal, you orchestrate the best group buys out there in the wild right now.  Thanks for being you.

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.

Zeal, you orchestrate the best group buys out there in the wild right now.  Thanks for being you.

Thanks for your kind words. I know what it feels like being a consumer joining a GB, so I try my best to get everything shipped out ASAP. Keeping everyone in the loop is also just as important.

Offline tofgerl

Honestly I think having a proper shopfront with payment makes all the difference. Just look at the cluster**** that is 7bit over on deskthority...

Offline JDragon

If we have a Lustro or Weaven kit being sent to you, can we combine shipping with our Zealios and whatnot to save some money? Also might pick up some more stabs/Aristotles in the meantime if it'll all come in one box.  :thumb:

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
If we have a Lustro or Weaven kit being sent to you, can we combine shipping with our Zealios and whatnot to save some money? Also might pick up some more stabs/Aristotles in the meantime if it'll all come in one box.  :thumb:

Yes, please reply to your order confirmation to request for combined shipment and/or anything extra you wanted to add.

Offline JDragon

Yes, please reply to your order confirmation to request for combined shipment and/or anything extra you wanted to add.

Thank you, e-mail sent.

Offline johntron25

I wish Massdrop gives frequent updates like you. keep up the good work!

Offline Brammm87

I wish Massdrop shipped like Zeal.
pls gief bbv2

Offline kawasaki161

I wish everyone gave updates and shipped like Zeal.

Offline FioraCorp

• AKA ABC
    • My insta

I wish everyone gave updates and shipped like Zeal.

This and LeandreN's round 5 GB are my two first geekhack-based group buys.
I feel so friggin spoiled to have gotten into GH this way!  You two are so amazing at keeping everyone posted and part of the action!
Thank you so much for your excellent service to the community Zeal.

Can't wait to throw some purps and zealencios on my mint-colored NERD60 ;)

Offline djchup

• i write code
Installed my Zealencios on sunday and loving them, definitely prefer them to o-rings.  One thing I'll mention is that they wouldn't work with my MX Brocaps (Gamer set and reaper).  Bro caps get stuck when pressed if zealencios installed.  Not a big deal to me, just posting here in case anyone was curious.

Offline Loligagger

Installed my Zealencios on sunday and loving them, definitely prefer them to o-rings.  One thing I'll mention is that they wouldn't work with my MX Brocaps (Gamer set and reaper).  Bro caps get stuck when pressed if zealencios installed.  Not a big deal to me, just posting here in case anyone was curious.

D'you have any SA caps to try with the zealencios by chance?

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.

Switches/stabilizers inbound for tomorrow, not today. Sorry!

Offline kawasaki161

Show Image

Fingers crossed that there are no complications and I get my order on friday or saturday, I don't fancy waiting for monday.

Offline forevermadrigal

Show Image

Are my clicky zeals in here?? Jokes aside, thanks zeal. Can't wait for my switches to come in.

Offline johntron25

I just got an text from DHL. I have a package arriving tomorrow! A+ for shipping.