Author Topic: R4 Zealio Switch/Zeal60RGB/Zealencio Silencing Clips/Transparent Screw-in Stabs!  (Read 306391 times)

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
Hey Zeal, what is the situation of the transparent gold plated stabalizers? I saw them go live on MassDrop to be delivered by January, but if I were to order through your website, when can I expect to get them?

You'll definitely receive your stabs earlier than Massdrop will start shipping out.
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
So, if we had combo orders with the stabs, the entire order will be held up until the screws arrive?

Offline loud_asian

So, if we had combo orders with the stabs, the entire order will be held up until the screws arrive?

appears so
EM7 | Nunu | Virgo | Salamander | SS AEK64

Offline Aperture_Sci

• ZZ96 / 65g Zealios / GMK Sky Dolch
Ah this sucks....not your fault zeal, super butt hurt I've had this RS96 kit and led's for a month now and just waiting on gold stabs and my 67g zeals...

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.

Yes, but replacement screws won't take long. Gateron will be sending out replacement screws next week, and I should be receiving them same week if all goes to plan.

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit

Yes, but replacement screws won't take long. Gateron will be sending out replacement screws next week, and I should be receiving them same week if all goes to plan.

Oh, that's not bad at all. Not like I would've been doing a build in the middle of the week anyways.

Offline Dominathan

• Too many keyboards? Not enough hands.
Did all the good stuff come?!

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.

40 of the PCBs in today, rest tomorrow (customs delay, go figure). Need to test/flash a stock poker layout on each one. Wilba is finalizing the firmware and app tester for that.

DHL ended up delivering the 2 boxes from Friday on Saturday. Remaining 6 are still at LAX and didn't move.

Still packing/shipping orders as we speak.

Offline jessica

• Formerly CuteDreamsOfYou & Brazzers
  • HHKB is the only good layout
Awesome news, Zeal. Hope I can snag a PCB

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.

Quick snap of the final product PCB.

Offline forevermadrigal

Show Image

It's so pretty..  :p

Offline jessica

• Formerly CuteDreamsOfYou & Brazzers
  • HHKB is the only good layout
Show Image

Gawdamn. 10/10 want.

Offline Dominathan

• Too many keyboards? Not enough hands.
Any word on the stab screws?

Offline JDragon

Wish I had made it in time for that PCB. :(

Hoping there will be future PCBs in additional form factors with RGB SMD LEDs. I see another 60% on AliExpress but it looks nowhere near as good as this one. Would be cool to have 65%, 75%, and TKL options.

Offline Cerasis

40 of the PCBs in today, rest tomorrow (customs delay, go figure). Need to test/flash a stock poker layout on each one. Wilba is finalizing the firmware and app tester for that.

DHL ended up delivering the 2 boxes from Friday on Saturday. Remaining 6 are still at LAX and didn't move.

Still packing/shipping orders as we speak.

aw man more delays :(
I'm itching to finish my keyboard already, i'm just hoping there's enough 67g from those boxes to reach my order.
Bantam44 | M0116 | Miuni32 | EXENT | Un-novatouch'd Novatouch to be fixed

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
Any word on the stab screws?

Not yet. Like I said last week, it shouldn't take long. Not as fast as ready over the weekend.... :P

Offline LogicLoop

Hi Zeal. My order number is 5013, it's been painful watching people far beyond that number having their orders shipped out. From what I gather in this thread mine is delayed because it consists entirely of 67g and 78g switches, which ran out rapidly and required a second shipment from Gateron. Can you give me any indication of when I could expect my switches to ship? Thanks Zeal.

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
Hi Zeal. My order number is 5013, it's been painful watching people far beyond that number having their orders shipped out. From what I gather in this thread mine is delayed because it consists entirely of 67g and 78g switches, which ran out rapidly and required a second shipment from Gateron. Can you give me any indication of when I could expect my switches to ship? Thanks Zeal.

Currently packing orders near your order range. You should receive shipping notification this week. Remaining Gateron shipment is scheduled to come in today so there won't be any shortages anymore.
-----------
For everyone else wondering, please just sit tight for a bit longer. I've been receiving multiple emails daily about order status and it really does slow me down when answering those emails. I always fulfill the earliest order possible so please don't think I forgot about your order. The whole situation has just been a bit awkward due to the shipments coming in so far apart, which resulted in me fulfilling orders ahead of others due to them being temporarily skipped.

Offline LogicLoop

Currently packing orders near your order range. You should receive shipping notification this week. Remaining Gateron shipment is scheduled to come in today so there won't be any shortages anymore.
-----------
For everyone else wondering, please just sit tight for a bit longer. I've been receiving multiple emails daily about order status and it really does slow me down when answering those emails. I always fulfill the earliest order possible so please don't think I forgot about your order. The whole situation has just been a bit awkward due to the shipments coming in so far apart, which resulted in me fulfilling orders ahead of others due to them being temporarily skipped.

Thanks for the feedback. I was in two minds about posting yet another "My order# is ****, where's my stuff?" message. I was taken aback by other people getting their orders with a later order number. Wasn't sure if I'd grasped the 'second shipment' point. Thanks for confirming, sorry for slowing you down.  :thumb:

Offline tofgerl

So I've been using the Zealencios about a week noe, and I have problems using them with GMK caps. It seems like the amount of force and/or the direction needed to get the switches to actuate has changed, so now when I press a keyboard combination, half the time I end up just typing the letter in the combo instead. Like instead of copying a piece of code, I end up replacing it with the letter "c".

Anybody seeing the same?

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
So I've been using the Zealencios about a week noe, and I have problems using them with GMK caps. It seems like the amount of force and/or the direction needed to get the switches to actuate has changed, so now when I press a keyboard combination, half the time I end up just typing the letter in the combo instead. Like instead of copying a piece of code, I end up replacing it with the letter "c".

Anybody seeing the same?

I haven't had such issue...I can say that Zealencios do reduce the required travel for actuation a tiny bit due to the clip touching the stem, depressing it slightly. Similar to silencing a Topre board.

Offline tofgerl

Well, of course :)

I'm not throwing them off, I can get used to this, but it is a thing to consider.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
Zeal, is it realistic that the orders will all go out before Christmas?

I just ask because I ordered some parts with the intention of putting together a board for a family member and I can see there are people who are hundreds or orders ahead of me still to be fulfilled

Offline tofgerl

BTW, I can confirm these should work fine with SA, at least R3 - and since R3 is the lowest one, that should mean it's fine for all profiles.

Offline pomk

BTW, I can confirm these should work fine with SA, at least R3 - and since R3 is the lowest one, that should mean it's fine for all profiles.
Do they dampen the down stroke on SA?

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.

I just ask because I ordered some parts with the intention of putting together a board for a family member and I can see there are people who are hundreds or orders ahead of me still to be fulfilled

Goal is definitely to have everything out before Christmas.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder

Goal is definitely to have everything out before Christmas.
Awesome thanks Zeal

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Offline tofgerl

Of course, why wouldn't it?

Offline pomk

Of course, why wouldn't it?
Because the rubber at the top of the zealencio has nothing bumping against it as the stem on the cap is quite tall? Just try to press switches with and without these in place, and if they depress to the same depth, then nothing is in contact with the top of the zealencio. The upstroke is of course dampened, as that is due to the contact with the stem of the switch and does not rely on a cap being there.

I might be just very confused on what in the zealencio is supposed to silence the down stroke.

Offline tofgerl

I went over a few mods I've had special problems with, and found that the zealencios weren't quite tight and followed the caps up a bit on the upstroke. That was at the end of the workday, so I don't know if it helped much, but my gut says this might have been the problem. I could definitely feel a difference before and after re-tightening. Also, I noticed a "click" when reseating them that I didn't know I should have been listening for - I usually wear headphones...

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
I went over a few mods I've had special problems with, and found that the zealencios weren't quite tight and followed the caps up a bit on the upstroke. That was at the end of the workday, so I don't know if it helped much, but my gut says this might have been the problem. I could definitely feel a difference before and after re-tightening. Also, I noticed a "click" when reseating them that I didn't know I should have been listening for - I usually wear headphones...

You're supposed to make sure each clip clicks twice. The Zealencio clips are super tightly fit once properly mounted, so you may have not properly installed them on the mods.

Offline tofgerl

You should consider an instructional video :)

Offline TSUT0

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
So, up against a bit of a time constraints because I leave for winter break on 12/16. Is it looking like I should swap shilling addresses due to stab screws?

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
So, up against a bit of a time constraints because I leave for winter break on 12/16. Is it looking like I should swap shilling addresses due to stab screws?

Please reply to your order confirmation email and provide me with your updated address. Sorry about the delay. :(

Offline Atredl

You should always change your shilling address, or else the haters will come for you. 

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit

You should always change your shilling address, or else the haters will come for you.

This made me laugh.

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
Quick update:

Replacement screws have shipped! Should receive them Monday, or Tuesday latest.

Ended up facing another small minor issue...Somehow my site oversold a few hundred Zealios for 62g (and possibly other weights which I cannot confirm yet). It may have been a mistake on the packing end, not receiving enough switches, or minor glitch while managing order quantity/weight changes/etc. It shouldn't affect the majority of customers, just a very small minority of last minute orders. I usually keep a 100-200x switch buffer to prevent these kind of scenarios from happening, but the bulk of the switches sold faster than anticipated.

I'll be arranging a small "R4.5" order with Gateron to fix this. May open up orders later, once confirming a few details with Gateron & other parties. This will not interfere with fulfilling the remaining orders.

Offline Petch

How much is there still left to ship? I'm early 56XX with 67s, 78s, lube, stabs and zealencios  :D

Offline tofgerl

I can confirm that my issues with the zealencios were fixed by fixing the zealencios properly to the switches :)

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
How much is there still left to ship? I'm early 56XX with 67s, 78s, lube, stabs and zealencios  :D

I'd say we're about 40-50% there...Everything has just been held back due to the stabs.

Offline johntron25

55** here, I only ordered 78g switches and some lube. any ETA?

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.

Should be in the batch waiting to be printed.

Offline johntron25

Should be in the batch waiting to be printed.

Thanks Zeal!

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
Quick update:

Ended up facing another small minor issue...Somehow my site oversold a few hundred Zealios for 62g (and possibly other weights which I cannot confirm yet). It may have been a mistake on the packing end, not receiving enough switches, or minor glitch while managing order quantity/weight changes/etc. It shouldn't affect the majority of customers, just a very small minority of last minute orders. I usually keep a 100-200x switch buffer to prevent these kind of scenarios from happening, but the bulk of the switches sold faster than anticipated.

I'll be arranging a small "R4.5" order with Gateron to fix this. May open up orders later, once confirming a few details with Gateron & other parties. This will not interfere with fulfilling the remaining orders.

If this is suggesting another opportunity for people to buy more switches... I'd certainly be interested in getting more as some great boards have dropped recently that I wasn't expecting.  :p

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
Quick update:

If this is suggesting another opportunity for people to buy more switches... I'd certainly be interested in getting more as some great boards have dropped recently that I wasn't expecting.  :p

Yeah. I'll probably prep up the listing over the weekend. Just waiting on some few more confirmations.

P.S. It's been snowing this week in Richmond, BC so shipments via DHL seem to have been getting delayed by a day or so due to poor weather. You may notice your tracking showing "Shipment on Hold - Due to adverse weather conditions, the shipment could not be delivered". If you see that in the afternoon/evening, then it means the shipment will most likely move the next day.

Offline JDragon

Have you received the Lustro/Weaven NA orders by any chance?

Offline itskuroi

This is how I'm able to be so patient, because I know that Zeal will have all of my stuff ready before Lustro should ever arrive to him haha

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.

No, nothing so far. Will pm pear about any updates he may have.

Offline lifestronaut

54** shipping notification this morning.

So it looks like things are moving pretty quick.

Thanks Zeal, looking forward to getting them and not using them till Lunaris runs the next ZZ96 order.