Author Topic: R4 Zealio Switch/Zeal60RGB/Zealencio Silencing Clips/Transparent Screw-in Stabs!  (Read 307596 times)

Offline kawasaki161

Didn't get a PCB but might have to pick some of those hotness up for the incoming viper.

I don't think these will work for the new style of case that the v2 is using. I think you might be able to use these with the v1

Correct, the USB port does not line up (not even close, since the viper/eagle is using a centered USB). It also won't work with v1, since that one used a PCB with cutouts for the blockers since it was made like the standard drop-in 60%'s. Maybe it is possible to figure something out with the USB port for the v2 (breakout board or fixed cable maybe?) but it smells like a PITA.

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
Didn't get a PCB but might have to pick some of those hotness up for the incoming viper.

I don't think these will work for the new style of case that the v2 is using. I think you might be able to use these with the v1

Correct, the USB port does not line up (not even close, since the viper/eagle is using a centered USB). It also won't work with v1, since that one used a PCB with cutouts for the blockers since it was made like the standard drop-in 60%'s. Maybe it is possible to figure something out with the USB port for the v2 (breakout board or fixed cable maybe?) but it smells like a PITA.

Seems to have just been misunderstood (understandable) that I was only talking about the screws, I didn't order a PCB. I'm not sure if the first person was saying the screws wouldn't work or if was referring to PCB, which yes USB would provide an obstacle.

Offline kawasaki161

Seems to have just been misunderstood (understandable) that I was only talking about the screws, I didn't order a PCB. I'm not sure if the first person was saying the screws wouldn't work or if was referring to PCB, which yes USB would provide an obstacle.

Oh, then I'm the idiot here, lul. The screws might work with both actually, they just wouldn't be visible at all on the v2.
« Last Edit: Thu, 15 December 2016, 09:03:13 by kawasaki161 »

Offline loud_asian

I was under the impression that these screws would only work on tray style cases, like the poker.

I assume that the screws in the v2 case will be longer, since there will be a top and bottom case that the screws will have to keep together
EM7 | Nunu | Virgo | Salamander | SS AEK64

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
I got my order in yesterday (some 78g goodness).  Thanks!  I can tell I like them better than 65 already.
Any instruction on how to use that sharp tool for the silencing clips?

Not the best angle, but you should get the idea. It's pretty straight forward. :)

I was under the impression that these screws would only work on tray style cases, like the poker.

I assume that the screws in the v2 case will be longer, since there will be a top and bottom case that the screws will have to keep together

Basically any tray style case will work with the gold plated screws. If there are any 2 piece cases that use M2 for top mounting a plate, then that would work as well. (But the two piece cases I have use M3 I believe).

Viper V1, Eagle V1, Octagon V1, Lightsaver V1/V2, Duck Mini V1/V2, FMJ, Hammer, MKC, TEX, Vortex, Lustro(?), random tray cases off aliexpress/taobao, etc...  should all work.
« Last Edit: Thu, 15 December 2016, 10:09:12 by Zeal »
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
Zeal60 Firmware / quick guide published:

https://zealpc.net/blogs/news/programming-your-zeal60-rgb-pcb

Have a look/comment/feedback! Thanks.

Offline eeymiel

Can you explain if I got the jumper pads correct?

JB4: Normal backspace
JB4A: Split backspace

JB14: Ansi enter
JB14A: Iso enter

JD5: Ansi enter, No iso key
JD5A: Iso key

JD7: Long (2.75?) right shift
JD7A: Short (1.75) right shift + fn key

JC0: 6.25U spacebar
JC0A: 7U spacebar

JC6: 6.25U spacebar
JC6A: 7U spacebar

JC16: Short (1.25?) left shift + iso key 2
JC16A: Long (2.25) left shift

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
Can you explain if I got the jumper pads correct?

JB4: Normal backspace
JB4A: Split backspace

JB14: Ansi enter
JB14A: Iso enter

JD5: Ansi enter, No iso key
JD5A: Iso key

JD7: Long (2.75?) right shift
JD7A: Short (1.75) right shift + fn key

JC0: 6.25U spacebar
JC0A: 7U spacebar

JC6: 6.25U spacebar
JC6A: 7U spacebar

JC16: Short (1.25?) left shift + iso key 2
JC16A: Long (2.25) left shift

Close..The jumpers only control the LEDs being "ON" under the key. J_/J_A corresponds to their respective L_/L_A RGB LED. The LEDs are only wired so that one or the other should be on. If both jumper pads are soldered, the two neighboring LEDs will run in parallel and be a bit dimmer. They are not stabilizer LEDs (other than spacebar), but you could experiment with the glow when paired with my transparent stabs if you're really curious.

JB4: Normal Backspace
JB4A: Split Backspace (HHKB style)

JB14: |\  (or HHKB Backspace)
JB14A: ISO Enter

JD5: ANSI Enter
JD5A: ISO key

JD7: Long 2.75 right Shift
JD7A: Short 1.75 right Shift

JC0: 6.25U Spacebar
JC0A: 7U Spacebar

JC6: 6.25U Spacebar stabilizer
JC6A: 7U Spacebar stabilizer

JC16: Short 1.25? ISO left shift
JC16A: Long ANSI 2.25 left shift

There are a few ANSI/ISO/Spacebar/FN LEDs that will be on regardless of jumper. Those can be turned off in firmware.

Offline tofgerl

Also Dude, version 0.0 beta is really not the preferred nomeclature. 0.1-SNAPSHOT, please!

Offline ambalek

• Pizza tonight/Threat neutralized
Also Dude, version 0.0 beta is really not the preferred nomeclature. 0.1-SNAPSHOT, please!

That's a good point, how about semver? That's what I have to do at work anyway.

The simplest thing to do is start your initial development release at 0.1.0 and then increment the minor version for each subsequent release.

Offline jlavador

should we still be expecting our orders with stabs before Christmas?

Offline thedoormouse

should we still be expecting our orders with stabs before Christmas?

SHORT ANSWER: YES

ORDER #5135

DHL EXPRESS SHIPMENT ADVISORY

The following 1 piece(s) have been sent by Xxxxx Xxx
from Zeal PC via DHL Express on 16-Dec-2016 via waybill number XXXXXXXXXX.

Update: while writing this I received my DHL tracking information @ approximately 11:00AM PST. My order has shipped (with gold stabs and 67g switches) since I only live an hour or two away from zeal, I don't expect it to take very long to get here. Since I'm in SoCal, it's hard to say if orders to other states experiencing snow and other adverse weather might cause some others to spill over into next week

#5135 here with a bit of info that may help things make sense to some still waiting on tracking.

ORDER: 67g,65g,62g* + Gold Stabs + Cherry Stabs + GHv4 Lube + Purple UV LEDS

*Due to stock mishap 62g had to be refunded.. I did receive a coupon for 10% off my next purchase and it was only 20 switches anyway so I can live with that.

If you have 62g switches plus gold transparent stabs in your order you may be one of a unlucky few that had to weigh your options in regards to refund/shipping/etc. This is possibly what may have been holding your order up as zeal required customer feedback to proceed.

That's all I'll say regarding the "62g refund/backorder issue that currently applies to only a few shipments

In the meantime wait on zeal for an update very soon. The guy is working his ass off at the moment to get the remaining orders out from R4 as soon as humanly possible (if he hasn't finished this already by the time you read this)
« Last Edit: Fri, 16 December 2016, 13:53:15 by thedoormouse »

Offline MandrewDavis

• Chasin' That Neon Rainbow
Damn DHL, package was picked up in Canada yesterday at 3:11 PM and just got delivered here in Florida at 2:50 PM. LESS THAN 24 HOURS :eek: Anyway these gold stabs are so shiny!
I've come to view humanity as predominantly monkey business.

My Classifieds Thread

Offline kawasaki161

ORDER #5135

Wait wut? My highest order number is 4825 and my lowest is 4667 (combined them and ordered in two parts to get my order earlier... haha) and I didn't get tracking yet. Will international/EU orders ship later or did I just not receive a tracking number yet?
I ordered 67g switches and stabs, and I'd love to get my stuff some time next week.

EDIT: nvm just got my notification  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Fri, 16 December 2016, 16:11:44 by kawasaki161 »

Offline cyberpigg

He's working hard.  :thumb: Got my stabs (gold) and switch (78g) shipped notification today! Yay!  Pleasant surprise.

Offline Dominathan

• Too many keyboards? Not enough hands.
I can't wait for the PCB orders to start shipping! Y'all with orders over 4600 should just sit back and relax. Like all of us cool 45XXers

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • hickneller.com
Got my order today  :thumb:

Fantastic packaging as usual

Offline jessica

• Formerly CuteDreamsOfYou & Brazzers
  • HHKB is the only good layout
So stab orders are going out now? I hope I get my stuff next week then :D

Offline IonutZ

• Stay awhile and listen
    • SC
Any plans on opening orders again for Zeal60?

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
Any plans on opening orders again for Zeal60?

Zeal has mentioned before in this thread that he will be producing more but no set date yet.

Offline Brammm87

Damn DHL, package was picked up in Canada yesterday at 3:11 PM and just got delivered here in Florida at 2:50 PM. LESS THAN 24 HOURS :eek: Anyway these gold stabs are so shiny!
My previous order went from Zeal's to Belgium in less than 48. It's awesome.
pls gief bbv2

Offline feralfoo

• Software developer and mech keyboard nut
Hey chaps,

Have installed Zealencio silencing clips on a Whitefox with Costar plate mount stabs. The stab wire was rubbing tightly against the clip, preventing the key from pressing/returning properly.

The fix is easy, cut away the lip on the wire side of the clip to give it room to move.

Anyone else found this with costar stabs?
HHKB Pro JP + Hasu controller, Realforce RF87U55G, G60 Retro, QK65

Offline sethbc

Ugh...I know it's not Zeal's fault but getting salty, I just want my stuff. :(  Order #55XX  RIP.

#4540 But I am a patient person =D

4531. Brother!

4505 here

Offline Slash Emperor

• Lust for life lost, keyboards acquired.
Ugh...I know it's not Zeal's fault but getting salty, I just want my stuff. :(  Order #55XX  RIP.

#4540 But I am a patient person =D

4531. Brother!

4505 here
Low number comrade!

Currently debating on whether or not to build my Whitefox with the 65g I got with it or wait for my R4 order and make 67g Zealiostotles.

Sent from my LG-V20

Offline MandrewDavis

• Chasin' That Neon Rainbow
I had two separate orders but if this is going to be a contest, I had all you guys beat by about a hundred.
I've come to view humanity as predominantly monkey business.

My Classifieds Thread

Offline Slash Emperor

I had two separate orders but if this is going to be a contest, I had all you guys beat by about a hundred.
Nice! You in for everything as well?

Sent from my LG-V20

Offline graefeln

I'm sitting at #3825 with R3 Zealios... and have been adding to it ever since.

(Ordered the same time as Weaven and asked him to hold everything since he is the proxy for that... may actually split it if he doesn't get them soon).

Offline breckstar

Still waiting on PCB stabs and zealios :(:( looks like Christmas gonna be late this year

Offline Brammm87

Damn guys, you lot are impatient :p
pls gief bbv2

Offline awhitedev

Still waiting on PCB stabs and zealios :(:( looks like Christmas gonna be late this year

I wouldn't be so sure... Zeal ships stuff out pretty fast.. and shipping from DHL is only 1 day after that. It's still early... I'm betting most people receive their stuff by the end of the week.

The more people message him the slower he'll be able to work.. so just sit tight... and be patient :)

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
Hey guys, small update:

PCB orders are actually being held for *a tiny bit* longer. Sorry, but current ETA will either be late this week or after Christmas, into January. Had a discussion with PCB designer and we have agreed to upgrade a few capacitors to another variant. Won't go into specifics, but it needed to be done. Future Zeal60 revisions will incorporate the new capacitors.

Orders with stabilizers: We thought it would be best to screw-in the screws into the stabilizer ahead of time, making it simpler to pack. Unfortunately as we went through 2 large freezer ziplock bags worth, and at the bottom of the bag there were 34 screws that came undone (of ~3000+ screws we had inserted). What we're doing to mitigate this issue: screw in the screws fully into the housing instead of half way in. Roughly 50 boxes that have already been packed today may be affected by this issue. To solve the issue, we're giving 4x extra screws for each box that was packed over the weekend and that'll receive a shipping notification today. It'll either be taped on the exterior side of the box (only a few DHL boxes printed before this post), or we have cut a slit into the tape to fit the screws in within a small zip bag.

A few orders went out last week may also be affected. If you are missing a screw, send me an email with a pic and your order # and I'll have a few screws sent out via bubble mailer. Sorry about the inconvenience. It shouldn't affect more than 34 customers. :(

Other than that, we are still working hard to pack everyone's order out. Baggies have been packed up to 52xx, but due to the way we bulk pack, sometimes a few order numbers a bit higher do go out a bit earlier. Shouldn't delay much more than 1 day as we try to move orders in the +-200 range a day. Hope that makes sense.
« Last Edit: Mon, 19 December 2016, 17:21:50 by Zeal »

Offline jessica

Hey guys, small update:

PCB orders are actually being held for *a tiny bit* longer. Sorry, but current ETA will either be late this week or after Christmas, into January. Had a discussion with PCB designer and we have agreed to upgrade a few capacitors to another variant. Won't go into specifics, but it needed to be done. Future Zeal60 revisions will incorporate the new capacitors.

Orders with stabilizers: We thought it would be best to screw-in the screws into the stabilizer ahead of time, making it simpler to pack. Unfortunately as we went through 2 large freezer ziplock bags worth, and at the bottom of the bag there were 34 screws that came undone (of ~3000+ screws we had inserted). What we're doing to mitigate this issue: screw in the screws fully into the housing instead of half way in. Roughly 50 boxes that have already been packed today may be affected by this issue. To solve the issue, we're giving 4x extra screws for each box that was packed over the weekend and that'll receive a shipping notification today. It'll either be taped on the exterior side of the box (only a few DHL boxes printed before this post), or we have cut a slit into the tape to fit the screws in within a small zip bag.

A few orders went out last week may also be affected. If you are missing a screw, send me an email with a pic and your order # and I'll have a few screws sent out via bubble mailer. Sorry about the inconvenience. It shouldn't affect more than 34 customers. :(

Other than that, we are still working hard to pack everyone's order out. Baggies have been packed up to 52xx, but due to the way we bulk pack, sometimes a few order numbers a bit higher do go out a bit earlier. Shouldn't delay much more than 1 day as we try to move orders in the +-200 range a day. Hope that makes sense.

You just can't catch a break, can you? Best of luck

Offline satricion

Just got my 67g switches and they feel awesome, can't wait to put them on a board.

Offline Slash Emperor

Hey guys, small update:

No worries, man! I'd rather get this in January anyways, especially since I'm going away for a week's Christmas vacation. Take whatever time you need to have it sorted. Lord knows I'm sitting on more kits than I have time to build at the moment  :))

I hope you have a wonderful and stress-free Christmas, Zeal!

Offline rawrjau

• Stop making nice things so I can stop spending
Darn, was hoping to get the items before Christmas and decide then if I wanted to join in the 4.5gb

Offline japanitrat

Hey guys, small update:

Thanks for the update, Zeal!
As for the PCB -- so will you (or have you done already) install those new capacitors on the existing boards as well? I am bit of confused because you mentioned rev.2 using the new capacitors right away but you also mentioned that the current ones needed upgrading. So I suppose you do upgrade them before shipping them out?

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
Shipping notification!  :D

Online KetchyKech

• ∴∵∴◇❖◇∴∵∴
got my stabs!! they are beauteous, finally get to build some of my boards that have been laying around!!  :p
∴∵∴◇Time TKL--VE.A--F&T 1916--Cajal--Octagon v2◇∴∵∴

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
Hey guys, small update:

Thanks for the update, Zeal!
As for the PCB -- so will you (or have you done already) install those new capacitors on the existing boards as well? I am bit of confused because you mentioned rev.2 using the new capacitors right away but you also mentioned that the current ones needed upgrading. So I suppose you do upgrade them before shipping them out?

Yes, each Rev 1 PCB is getting the new capacitors swapped in before shipping.

Offline MellowSnow

Hey chaps,

Have installed Zealencio silencing clips on a Whitefox with Costar plate mount stabs. The stab wire was rubbing tightly against the clip, preventing the key from pressing/returning properly.

The fix is easy, cut away the lip on the wire side of the clip to give it room to move.

Anyone else found this with costar stabs?

Ugh, yes!! Thank you so much! I recently built my Whitefox with Zealio R4s, and I've been having the same issue. I trimmed some of the switch edges first, but then I realized the main problem was with that front clip you mentioned.

Simply chopping the clip off on the wire side fixed the issue completely! I attached a before/after picture (the bottom clip is what it looks like after the clip fix).

Mod Edit: removed duplicate attachment at the request of OP.
« Last Edit: Tue, 20 December 2016, 20:38:48 by infiniti »

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
Thanks again zeal! Got everything in today!

Offline clappingcactus

Got my stabs massdrop shipping notification. Hyped. :)

Offline mll8394

• I regret joining this hobby :/

Massdrop orders got theirs first? Are there any news on order numbers 47xx orders from zeal?
"Converting Oxygen into CO2 24/7"

Offline Dominathan

• Too many keyboards? Not enough hands.

Massdrop orders got theirs first? Are there any news on order numbers 47xx orders from zeal?

This, too, triggered me slightly

Offline jessica

Got my notification (with stabs) today, will be here tomorrow. :D (57xx here)

Offline jlavador

571x with no PCB here is there a method to this madness!!! jk please ship soon!!!

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.

The original plan was to have everyone's order out before Massdrop's, but unfortunately due to the screw delay, it messed up the timing. Plenty of stabilizer orders actually went out before Massdrop's box was shipped. Not everyone posting in here is representative of the hundreds of boxes that went out already with the screw-in stabs.

I've actually shipped up to a portion of 51xx. Any outstanding order either has a Zeal60 holding it back or 62g Zealios (which I happened to have found the missing box of switches hidden under a pile of foam). Currently shipping/packing the remaining orders with 62g as we speak. If you think your order was accidentally missed, please send me a PM/email (preferred).

You had another combined order at 51xx, so that's why it got sent out. It wasn't considered a 57xx order in the queue.

Offline mll8394

• I regret joining this hobby :/

The original plan was to have everyone's order out before Massdrop's, but unfortunately due to the screw delay, it messed up the timing. Plenty of stabilizer orders actually went out before Massdrop's box was shipped. Not everyone posting in here is representative of the hundreds of boxes that went out already with the screw-in stabs.

I've actually shipped up to a portion of 51xx. Any outstanding order either has a Zeal60 holding it back or 62g Zealios (which I happened to have found the missing box of switches hidden under a pile of foam). Currently shipping/packing the remaining orders with 62g as we speak. If you think your order was accidentally missed, please send me a PM/email (preferred).

You had another combined order at 51xx, so that's why it got sent out. It wasn't considered a 57xx order in the queue.
Don't have any zeal60 orders..Only the 1pc 62g zealios and stabs and the rest are more zealios and aristotles if you still remember that..

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

"Converting Oxygen into CO2 24/7"

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.

Don't have any zeal60 orders..Only the 1pc 62g zealios and stabs and the rest are more zealios and aristotles if you still remember that..

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Most likely packed already. Just needs to be printed. You can PM me your order # to double check if you wanted.

Offline Elth

• Easy now fuzzy little man peach
Got shipping notice today for my stabs order. Thanks again Zeal for the quick turn around despite a setback  :thumb:
TGR Jane V2 | TGR 910 | TGR Jane CE