Author Topic: R4 Zealio Switch/Zeal60RGB/Zealencio Silencing Clips/Transparent Screw-in Stabs!  (Read 306571 times)

Offline jessica

• Formerly CuteDreamsOfYou & Brazzers
  • HHKB is the only good layout
You had another combined order at 51xx, so that's why it got sent out. It wasn't considered a 57xx order in the queue.

Oh. Well that explains that. Thanks anyways <3

Offline mll8394

• I regret joining this hobby :/
Got my stabs massdrop shipping notification. Hyped. :)

Massdrop orders got theirs first? Are there any news on order numbers 47xx orders from zeal?

The original plan was to have everyone's order out before Massdrop's, but unfortunately due to the screw delay, it messed up the timing. Plenty of stabilizer orders actually went out before Massdrop's box was shipped. Not everyone posting in here is representative of the hundreds of boxes that went out already with the screw-in stabs.

I've actually shipped up to a portion of 51xx. Any outstanding order either has a Zeal60 holding it back or 62g Zealios (which I happened to have found the missing box of switches hidden under a pile of foam). Currently shipping/packing the remaining orders with 62g as we speak. If you think your order was accidentally missed, please send me a PM/email (preferred).

Massdrop orders got theirs first? Are there any news on order numbers 47xx orders from zeal?

Got my notification (with stabs) today, will be here tomorrow. :D (57xx here)

You had another combined order at 51xx, so that's why it got sent out. It wasn't considered a 57xx order in the queue.
Don't have any zeal60 orders..Only the 1pc 62g zealios and stabs and the rest are more zealios and aristotles if you still remember that..

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Most likely packed already. Just needs to be printed. You can PM me your order # to double check if you wanted.
PM'd here and also on email. Thanks Zeal!

"Converting Oxygen into CO2 24/7"

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
    • Zeal Generation Inc.

The original plan was to have everyone's order out before Massdrop's, but unfortunately due to the screw delay, it messed up the timing. Plenty of stabilizer orders actually went out before Massdrop's box was shipped. Not everyone posting in here is representative of the hundreds of boxes that went out already with the screw-in stabs.

I've actually shipped up to a portion of 51xx. Any outstanding order either has a Zeal60 holding it back or 62g Zealios (which I happened to have found the missing box of switches hidden under a pile of foam). Currently shipping/packing the remaining orders with 62g as we speak. If you think your order was accidentally missed, please send me a PM/email (preferred).

Got my notification (with stabs) today, will be here tomorrow. :D (57xx here)

Don't have any zeal60 orders..Only the 1pc 62g zealios and stabs and the rest are more zealios and aristotles if you still remember that..

Most likely packed already. Just needs to be printed. You can PM me your order # to double check if you wanted.
PM'd here and also on email. Thanks Zeal!

Solved. Order was shipped today, notification email most likely went to spam.
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline mll8394

• I regret joining this hobby :/

Solved. Order was shipped today, notification email most likely went to spam.

Thank you :)  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
"Converting Oxygen into CO2 24/7"

Offline breckstar

Status on the rest of the Zeal60s? Guess that's what holding up my order

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.

All Zeal60s are undergoing a few capacitor swaps. Gonna spend the Christmas weekend getting through those. Earliest a PCB will start shipping would be next week, and continue into early January.

Offline Dominathan

• Too many keyboards? Not enough hands.

All Zeal60s are undergoing a few capacitor swaps. Gonna spend the Christmas weekend getting through those. Earliest a PCB will start shipping would be next week, and continue into early January.

I figured this would be the case. I'm going to be out all next week, so it doesn't matter too much if I don't get it during then.

Offline Aperture_Sci

• ZZ96 / 65g Zealios / GMK Sky Dolch
Hey Zeal, thanks for the super awesome communication. Any idea when Order #55XX is going out? I had 100 67g and 2x stab's. I know you said by Christmas but wondering if the new screw holdup is delaying anything.

Thanks!

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
Hey Zeal, thanks for the super awesome communication. Any idea when Order #55XX is going out? I had 100 67g and 2x stab's. I know you said by Christmas but wondering if the new screw holdup is delaying anything.

Thanks!

55xx was packed this evening, label will get printed tonight / tomorrow morning.

Offline HouseofSuffering

Loving the stabs. Thanks Zeal!
« Last Edit: Thu, 22 December 2016, 23:30:42 by HouseofSuffering »

Offline thelaughingman

• Simultaneously the most starry-eyed idealist and t
@Zeal: I just bought 120x Zealencio Clips - order #61xx. To preface I'm having the order shipped to my little brother just in case Paypal raises any risk concerns from the different addresses. I actually work in the online payment space so just want to be thorough :) other than that, can't wait to have those clips in hand and typing with them  :thumb:

Offline breckstar

Oh, Roger that. Sounds good. Can't wait for it. So excited to build it :) hope it comes earl January or I might have to change shipping address

Offline ryan92084

• Consumer ****
Zealencios and stabs arrived safe, sound, and all screws intact. 

For the majority of my mx whites it doesn't seem like the zealencios will interfere with the stem sprue enough to matter.  There are a few extra long ones that I may have to trim but that is easily done by wedging an xacto between the stem and base of the sprue.
« Last Edit: Fri, 23 December 2016, 16:09:18 by ryan92084 »

RiP *ucky Shine(ing)

Offline Petch

Hi Zeal, I just got my shipping notification for 100 silencing clips, but I 'upgraded' my order to 120. Is this just an automated message based off the original order?

Cheers

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
Hi Zeal, I just got my shipping notification for 100 silencing clips, but I 'upgraded' my order to 120. Is this just an automated message based off the original order?

Cheers

Automated email, don't worry. :)

Offline Petch

Thought so, thank you!

I ended up with a couple of different order numbers according to these shipping emails (I got 3 in total) - but I'm guessing it will still be just the one shipment?

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
Thought so, thank you!

I ended up with a couple of different order numbers according to these shipping emails (I got 3 in total) - but I'm guessing it will still be just the one shipment?

Yep.

Offline menuhin

Received the 78g switches 2 days ago. Can't wait to try them on soon.
Thanks Zeal for your work. You've packed them really well.
Wishlist: 1) nice thick Alps caps; 2) Cherry profile POM;
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
NeXT non-ADB keyboard (AAE)
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT
[~90WPM, in love with Emacs, and Lisp]

Offline Jemaunji

Received my package today, super happy with everything. Especially the green tea kit kats  :p

Offline Elth

• Easy now fuzzy little man peach
Received my package today, super happy with everything. Especially the green tea kit kats  :p

No green tea kit kats, Zeal no love me :(
TGR Jane V2 | TGR 910 | TGR Jane CE

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
I just realized some orders that were shipped during Dec 21-24 time frame didn't have the "send customer email when shipped" box checked...-facepalm- Not sure what happened as that box is usually auto checked. If you didn't get a shipping notification email and have an account on my site, your order should show as fulfilled. Orders via DHL all get a text/email, so it mostly only affects CanPost orders. 

Pretty much all GB orders have been packed and shipped. Less than 5 regular GB orders waiting on a small item(getting more SIPs in)/waiting to be combined with Lustro/weaven. Will get those orders out whenever everything arrives.

PCB orders will start going out Tuesday? (iirc DHL here takes an extra day off after Christmas). Will be spending the Christmas weekend swapping out caps and packing/shipping PCB orders.

If anyone has any questions about anything, please feel free to send me an email. Thanks.

Offline Malenky

Hey Zeal, thanks for all the hard work recently, with this group buy throwing a load of unexpected delays and interruptions. Communication has been top notch and it's definitely appreciated  :thumb:

Offline nugglets

I just realized some orders that were shipped during Dec 21-24 time frame didn't have the "send customer email when shipped" box checked...-facepalm- Not sure what happened as that box is usually auto checked. If you didn't get a shipping notification email and have an account on my site, your order should show as fulfilled. Orders via DHL all get a text/email, so it mostly only affects CanPost orders. 

Pretty much all GB orders have been packed and shipped. Less than 5 regular GB orders waiting on a small item(getting more SIPs in)/waiting to be combined with Lustro/weaven. Will get those orders out whenever everything arrives.

PCB orders will start going out Tuesday? (iirc DHL here takes an extra day off after Christmas). Will be spending the Christmas weekend swapping out caps and packing/shipping PCB orders.

If anyone has any questions about anything, please feel free to send me an email. Thanks.

I know you're disappointed with all the delays and want to push to get everything out as soon as possible, but I sincerely hope you take some time to yourself to enjoy the holidays bud. Whether it's with family, friends, or just a good meal and a book, find some time to relax =)

Offline Aperture_Sci

• ZZ96 / 65g Zealios / GMK Sky Dolch
Never got a hipping notification but did get the text from DHL. Should be receving everything on Tuesday next week. Thanks for the communication and great GB, Zeal.  :thumb:

Offline smittysteve

• Tea > Coffee. Clack > Thwock.

I know you're disappointed with all the delays and want to push to get everything out as soon as possible, but I sincerely hope you take some time to yourself to enjoy the holidays bud. Whether it's with family, friends, or just a good meal and a book, find some time to relax =)

+1 +1 +1 to this. Zeal, you are a beast and you can tell in every fast email response and post here how much yo want us all to enjoy these stellar products. Pure bad-assery in your GB chops.

Enjoy the holidays man. Get away for a few days. We will all live and have a fat box of switches, Zeal60's and sexy stabs to look forward to in the new year!! :)

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy

I didn't get anything  :'(
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline Dominathan

• Too many keyboards? Not enough hands.
+1 to that as well!  Enjoy time for yourself, man!  You deserve it

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.

I didn't get anything  :'(

Don't worry, sweet prince I gotchu ;)

-----

Thanks guys, have a wonderful Christmas week as well.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
<3
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline tusing

Don't have my Zeal60 yet, but I'm trying to figure out how to make RGB LED underglow work (as there is a breakout for it, but it's officially unsupported).

If anyone else also wants to try underglow, I'm making a small guide: https://gist.github.com/tusing/b9e58480d67a9f3e5932ba27096643c6

This guide is completely untested, so any help in fixing mistakes, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Jeu

Due to the holidays DHL actually gave me next day shipping on a Saturday!! Zeal must be magic  ;D Everything looks awesome and tomorrow starts some building! Any updates on Lustro/Weaven stuck in Vietnam situation?

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
Due to the holidays DHL actually gave me next day shipping on a Saturday!! Zeal must be magic  ;D Everything looks awesome and tomorrow starts some building! Any updates on Lustro/Weaven stuck in Vietnam situation?

Yeah, seems like some DHL warehouses had overtime deliveries in the east coast and delivered on Saturday.

No update in that department, but let's try and keep the two GBs separate in their respective threads.

Offline fanman888

Hey Zeal! Just wondering what the status is on the gold SIP sockets? I think my entire order of 67g/78g zealios, screw-in stabs, lube, zealiencio clips, are just waiting on those SIP sockets.

Hope you had a great Christmas!

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
Hey Zeal! Just wondering what the status is on the gold SIP sockets? I think my entire order of 67g/78g zealios, screw-in stabs, lube, zealiencio clips, are just waiting on those SIP sockets.

Should arrive before the end of the week.

Offline toneman77

45xx order here. I appreciate Zeal's transparency and I'll happily wait some more for everything to come as expected (Zeal60, Zealencios, stabs, switches).

Always remember: compared to some other group buys (round 5, 5a, 6 @DT) this is lightning speed!

So: Keep up your amazing work Zeal! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Offline fanman888

Should arrive before the end of the week.

Awesome, thanks! I will send an email, might need to change the shipping address.

Offline zacheadams

• Friendly Neighborhood Keyboard Enthusiast
Got mine in today, thanks!!!

Offline jal

• I can't believe it's not gravy!
My pile of loot arrived at my office sometime while I was gone. Thanks so much!

Now I need some time with the soldering iron...

Offline footiemonkey

Got em!

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
So jelly of all the zeal 60 PCBs ;_____;

Offline kasakka

Got my stabs, switches and silencing caps. The stabs are a great upgrade over the Chinese fakes I had before. Removing those and installing the Zealio stabs with the plate in place was a huge pain in the ass but I succeeded! The 67g switches also seem more stable and nicer than the R3 65g I currently use.

Unfortunately I was not that happy with the silencing clips. I am experiencing some missed keys or duplicated inputs and they seem to get caught a bit on my JTK keycaps.

My question is, what is the correct way to remove the silencing clips? They seem to be stuck in really hard. :(

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
Got my stabs, switches and silencing caps. The stabs are a great upgrade over the Chinese fakes I had before. Removing those and installing the Zealio stabs with the plate in place was a huge pain in the ass but I succeeded! The 67g switches also seem more stable and nicer than the R3 65g I currently use.

Unfortunately I was not that happy with the silencing clips. I am experiencing some missed keys or duplicated inputs and they seem to get caught a bit on my JTK keycaps.

My question is, what is the correct way to remove the silencing clips? They seem to be stuck in really hard. :(

Unless JTK have a fatter stem than GMK/Cherry caps, it shouldn't cause any interference. Both sides have to click in to be properly mounted.

To remove the clips, use a small precision flat head and gently pry on one end then the other. It should pop off quite easily. 

Offline kawasaki161

Will you be improving the Zealstabs later down the road? Mine have quite a bit of wobble coming from the tab at which the wire pops in being too loose. They are insanely smooth though.

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
Will you be improving the Zealstabs later down the road? Mine have quite a bit of wobble coming from the tab at which the wire pops in being too loose. They are insanely smooth though.

Are you talking about the anchor/pivot point where the wire sits in the stab housing? There should only be a tiny bit of free movement, which is the same as found as authentic Cherry PCB mount housings. It's needed to glide smoothly with the stabilized keys. Wire diameter is already 1.6mm, which is the same as proper Cherry wires. I haven't found or heard of any issues the the current stabilizer design.

Offline kawasaki161

Are you talking about the anchor/pivot point where the wire sits in the stab housing? There should only be a tiny bit of free movement, which is the same as found as authentic Cherry PCB mount housings. It's needed to glide smoothly with the stabilized keys. Wire diameter is already 1.6mm, which is the same as proper Cherry wires. I haven't found or heard of any issues the the current stabilizer design.

Yes, exactly that point. When I look into the gap between my spacebar and case and press on the sides I can see the wire moving around a bit, which doesn't really happen on my Cherry stabs, which are a pretty tight fit. Maybe mine are just weird? I dunno. It is also amplified when the wire is routed south of the switch.

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.

Yes, exactly that point. When I look into the gap between my spacebar and case and press on the sides I can see the wire moving around a bit, which doesn't really happen on my Cherry stabs, which are a pretty tight fit. Maybe mine are just weird? I dunno. It is also amplified when the wire is routed south of the switch.

Well, the wire doesn't really move left/right unless you poke it. :)) Maybe it's the smoothness giving it a slippery feel?
Spacebar stabs go up and down with the keycap, so I don't see it being an issue. BTW, which PCB has the spacebar wire that's South facing? Nearly all custom PCBs have it North. Do the plastic ends of the stabs  have anything to push against?

Offline kawasaki161

Well, the wire doesn't really move left/right unless you poke it. :)) Maybe it's the smoothness giving it a slippery feel?
Spacebar stabs go up and down with the keycap, so I don't see it being an issue. BTW, which PCB has the spacebar wire that's South facing? Nearly all custom PCBs have it North. Do the plastic ends of the stabs  have anything to push against?
The wire isn't moving left/right but up/down (on a 2d top view, so the wire is moving north/south in the housing).
The PCB is a TX87 PCB, Leeku L3 based. The stabhousing is stable, just the wire moving around. If you want I can try making video of it tomorrow/later today(depending from which timezone you are looking at it).
I've got at least a millimeter of wobble when I press on the ends of the cap.

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
Wire shouldn't be significantly moving up/down freely when anchored in the housing, so please provide a video if possible. It would be a lot more clear so I/we can find a solution to your issue. Is this only affecting the spacebar, or all stabs? Cause 1mm of movement sounds like the wire wouldn't snap in in place anymore, which isn't normal.

Offline kawasaki161

Wire shouldn't be significantly moving up/down freely when anchored in the housing, so please provide a video if possible. It would be a lot more clear so I/we can find a solution to your issue. Is this only affecting the spacebar, or all stabs? Cause 1mm of movement sounds like the wire wouldn't snap in in place anymore, which isn't normal.

All stabs except the enter one which has the wire north-facing. I'll make a video tomorrow.

Offline loud_asian

Have all orders with zeal60s gone out?

I haven't received any tracking info yet
EM7 | Nunu | Virgo | Salamander | SS AEK64