Author Topic: [PO] R5 Zealios / Zealencios / Transparent Screw-in Stabs / Zeal60 Rev2  (Read 101993 times)

Offline TelFiRE

Re: [PO] R5 Zealios / Zealencios / Transparent Screw-in Stabs / Zeal60 Rev2
« Reply #150 on: Fri, 05 May 2017, 21:31:32 »
I got my Zealios :D :D (and also my Green Tea KitKats!! They are really good as long as you don't go in expecting chocolate!  :thumb:)

Made a Falcon-8 with some of them, waiting on some group buys to do keyboards. Thanks a bunch for offering this great product :D

I used your White LEDs and some lime green LEDs I got from Evil Mad Scientist but unfortunately, the EMS ones are absolutely pathetic next to yours! Yours are super bright and nice. Is there any chance you'll ever stock lime green ones, or any chance you know of a source for lime green ones that would be as bright as yours?

Thanks a million :) :llama:
KBD75 GMK Terminal          XD84 DSA Black on GSF + Hana Matcha + Serum

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #151 on: Fri, 05 May 2017, 23:39:49 »
I got my Zealios :D :D (and also my Green Tea KitKats!! They are really good as long as you don't go in expecting chocolate!  :thumb:)

Made a Falcon-8 with some of them, waiting on some group buys to do keyboards. Thanks a bunch for offering this great product :D

I used your White LEDs and some lime green LEDs I got from Evil Mad Scientist but unfortunately, the EMS ones are absolutely pathetic next to yours! Yours are super bright and nice. Is there any chance you'll ever stock lime green ones, or any chance you know of a source for lime green ones that would be as bright as yours?

:thumb:

I've stocked lime green once, but unfortunately the variant I sourced wasn't bright enough for my liking so it was dropped. There are certain LEDs that just aren't bright... ie: uv purple (frequently just looks blue, barely lit).
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline TelFiRE

« Reply #152 on: Fri, 05 May 2017, 23:55:59 »

:thumb:

I've stocked lime green once, but unfortunately the variant I sourced wasn't bright enough for my liking so it was dropped. There are certain LEDs that just aren't bright... ie: uv purple (frequently just looks blue, barely lit).

That is a bummer. On RGBs I can create quite a nice lime green :(

All the more reason to hold my breath for a Zeal75 or ZealTKL I guess :p

Offline speaktobrett

« Reply #153 on: Tue, 23 May 2017, 00:52:10 »
I understand that the advantage to using the milky bottom switches is that they allow more heat and are good for amateur solderers...

But what are there any disadvantages to using the milky bottom switches?

Offline TelFiRE

« Reply #154 on: Tue, 23 May 2017, 01:31:14 »
I understand that the advantage to using the milky bottom switches is that they allow more heat and are good for amateur solderers...

But what are there any disadvantages to using the milky bottom switches?

The main disadvantage would be that the bottom is white so if you use LEDs it cannot travel through the switch quite as much.

Offline Robotical

« Reply #155 on: Tue, 30 May 2017, 17:27:51 »
Zeal, are we still looking at a shipping date some time in early June for the PCBs?

Also, how would using switch stickers affect the shine through if I was using stickered zealios on the PCB? I've got a bunch of leftover gold stickers from a project that I would love to use... but if they would drastically affect the lighting... I don't want to use them.

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #156 on: Tue, 30 May 2017, 18:16:48 »
Zeal, are we still looking at a shipping date some time in early June for the PCBs?

Also, how would using switch stickers affect the shine through if I was using stickered zealios on the PCB? I've got a bunch of leftover gold stickers from a project that I would love to use... but if they would drastically affect the lighting... I don't want to use them.

Bare PCBs were just returned and delivered to our manufacturer today. They will start assembling shortly and I should be able to provide a more accurate date as to when the PCBs are shipped out.

I wouldn't really recommend switch stickers as it would block some of the light...They're not really worth using either on Zealios because the two halves are quite tight already.

Offline Robotical

« Reply #157 on: Tue, 30 May 2017, 18:21:31 »

Bare PCBs were just returned and delivered to our manufacturer today. They will start assembling shortly and I should be able to provide a more accurate date as to when the PCBs are shipped out.

I wouldn't really recommend switch stickers as it would block some of the light...They're not really worth using either on Zealios because the two halves are quite tight already.

Thought that would be the case with the stickers, just wanted to check before I sunk some time into them. Thanks for the update on the PCBs as well.

Offline JDragon

« Reply #158 on: Thu, 01 June 2017, 18:08:06 »
I killed my VE.A trying to fix a R1 Zeal stab that popped out. So sad.

If anyone still has R1 stabs I highly recommend not using them. It's not worth it.

Offline ipreferpie

« Reply #159 on: Thu, 01 June 2017, 18:29:30 »

If anyone still has R1 stabs I highly recommend not using them. It's not worth it.

That's terrible! Was it due to a short?

Offline JDragon

« Reply #160 on: Thu, 01 June 2017, 18:39:01 »

PCB damage when trying to pop it back in.

Offline TheNamesTy45

« Reply #161 on: Thu, 01 June 2017, 19:39:35 »

PCB damage when trying to pop it back in.

Yeah had two wires from the R1 stabs pop out when changing keycaps. Had to get an eyeglass screwdriver and a lot of patience to pop them back it safely. Took about 30 minutes.

Offline Sissy

« Reply #162 on: Fri, 02 June 2017, 04:40:14 »

this is unsettling

Offline ricyuyc

« Reply #163 on: Sun, 04 June 2017, 19:20:20 »
There is drop of Zeal transparent stabs at MD right now, may I know whether those are v2 stabs or stock from previous v1 batch?

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #164 on: Mon, 05 June 2017, 04:44:09 »
There is drop of Zeal transparent stabs at MD right now, may I know whether those are v2 stabs or stock from previous v1 batch?

The ones on MD are the V2 variant.

Offline dorf

• divine creator
« Reply #165 on: Tue, 06 June 2017, 03:35:43 »
For R3 of Zeal60, will you have black as an option or is it Purple all day long? I would love a stealth-black pcb with RGB.

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #166 on: Tue, 06 June 2017, 09:04:22 »
For R3 of Zeal60, will you have black as an option or is it Purple all day long? I would love a stealth-black pcb with RGB.

Current plan is to only offer our black gold pcb combo'd with our custom cases. Purple will be offered as a DIY modding part.

Offline dorf

• divine creator
« Reply #167 on: Tue, 06 June 2017, 09:16:55 »

Current plan is to only offer our black gold pcb combo'd with our custom cases. Purple will be offered as a DIY modding part.

How can I order?

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #168 on: Tue, 06 June 2017, 20:12:16 »

How can I order?

Not available yet. Soon^tm

Offline Robotical

« Reply #169 on: Fri, 09 June 2017, 08:48:36 »

Dang. That kind of makes me sad. Regardless I am looking forward to both the case and PCB.

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #170 on: Fri, 09 June 2017, 16:24:21 »
lurking this thread for Zeal60 R3. should i be watching newhere else?

Offline renzpwns

• I didn't like money in my wallet anyways.
« Reply #171 on: Sun, 11 June 2017, 18:29:26 »
Anyone here built a winkeyless board using Zeal stabs and had clearance issues? https://imgur.com/a/CMhBh This build had me wanting to build a wkl board but it seems like the cutouts are not big enough for the Zeal stabs to fit. Would prefer with not having to shave off the plates and possibly damage it but it seems like I don't have much of a choice.

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #172 on: Mon, 12 June 2017, 01:42:46 »
Anyone here built a winkeyless board using Zeal stabs and had clearance issues? https://imgur.com/a/CMhBh This build had me wanting to build a wkl board but it seems like the cutouts are not big enough for the Zeal stabs to fit. Would prefer with not having to shave off the plates and possibly damage it but it seems like I don't have much of a choice.

You'll need to shave a bit of the acrylic plate due to the layered acrylic sandwich design.

Offline renzpwns

• I didn't like money in my wallet anyways.
« Reply #173 on: Mon, 12 June 2017, 02:07:57 »

You'll need to shave a bit of the acrylic plate due to the layered acrylic sandwich design.
rip, using other stabs would be easier but I guess I'll just look into doing the shaving bit. Really would much prefer to have screw ins for this board, and the clear housing definitely helps with the aesthetics.

Offline TheNamesTy45

« Reply #174 on: Sun, 25 June 2017, 19:20:49 »
Hey, not trying to pester, just wondering if the manufacturer has given you any timelines around the Zeal60s.

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #175 on: Sun, 25 June 2017, 22:27:17 »
Hey, not trying to pester, just wondering if the manufacturer has given you any timelines around the Zeal60s.

They've been putting our assembly on low priority unfortunately. :/ There is progress as the bare boards are all done, but it's been slow as we've been chasing them weekly. I'm looking to receive the boards no later than end of July. Really sorry about the wait -- heavily considering looking at other fabs for future productions.

Offline Lisinge

« Reply #176 on: Mon, 26 June 2017, 15:29:09 »

They've been putting our assembly on low priority unfortunately. :/ There is progress as the bare boards are all done, but it's been slow as we've been chasing them weekly. I'm looking to receive the boards no later than end of July. Really sorry about the wait -- heavily considering looking at other fabs for future productions.

I don't want to be rude but this wait is really a let down and it's starting to get to me.
I ordered during the pre-order phase in april (i think just before zeal said that so many of the pcb's had to be re-done). Then came the mid june-ish timeframe.

I was so looking forward to building the keyboard during my vacation in july but that doesn't seem to be happening. Maybe i will get the Zeal60 i ordered in the Massdrop GB in june before the first one?

I have so much stuff just waiting for the pcb to arrive right now, laying there taunting me every day... so i check the thread every day :D

Seriously though, i would take the pcb's with the small scratches any day over waiting this long, as long as they are only cosmetic. It won't show under the plate either way...

Offline odd

« Reply #177 on: Tue, 27 June 2017, 20:30:15 »

I don't want to be rude but this wait is really a let down and it's starting to get to me.
I ordered during the pre-order phase in april (i think just before zeal said that so many of the pcb's had to be re-done). Then came the mid june-ish timeframe.

I was so looking forward to building the keyboard during my vacation in july but that doesn't seem to be happening. Maybe i will get the Zeal60 i ordered in the Massdrop GB in june before the first one?

I have so much stuff just waiting for the pcb to arrive right now, laying there taunting me every day... so i check the thread every day :D

Seriously though, i would take the pcb's with the small scratches any day over waiting this long, as long as they are only cosmetic. It won't show under the plate either way...

I ordered a R2 Zeal60 from massdrop months later than the R2 I ordered from Zeal's site and it arrived already and I have been using it daily so I would say order one from MD if you can. The great news is after you build and use your Zeal60, you will be happy that you have another PCB coming in at some point for another build. I have everything for new new build including multiple PCB's but after using the Zeal60, there just is no reason to use another PCB it's that good.

Offline Lisinge

« Reply #178 on: Wed, 28 June 2017, 02:04:11 »
I've already ordered from MD too :)
I have everything ready for two builds except the PCB (and some zealios and stabs that are in the pcb order from zeal).

Offline heyitsqi

« Reply #179 on: Wed, 28 June 2017, 11:17:58 »

I ordered a R2 Zeal60 from massdrop months later than the R2 I ordered from Zeal's site and it arrived already and I have been using it daily so I would say order one from MD if you can. The great news is after you build and use your Zeal60, you will be happy that you have another PCB coming in at some point for another build. I have everything for new new build including multiple PCB's but after using the Zeal60, there just is no reason to use another PCB it's that good.

Wait are the MD ones the defective ones? How is that possible?  :( Been waiting on a full R2 kit to build a brand new 60....

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #180 on: Tue, 11 July 2017, 14:35:43 »
I have received an update from our manufacturer regarding the Zeal60 replacement boards. I should be receiving them by the end of the week. Will be flashing then / QCing over the weekend and wrap up asap. Thanks all for your patience.

Offline Robotical

« Reply #181 on: Tue, 11 July 2017, 14:52:51 »
I have received an update from our manufacturer regarding the Zeal60 replacement boards. I should be receiving them by the end of the week. Will be flashing then / QCing over the weekend and wrap up asap. Thanks all for your patience.

Fantastic news, thanks for the update.

Offline Atredl

« Reply #182 on: Tue, 11 July 2017, 19:52:55 »
Amazing news! Now I just need a Fjell to put it in..

Offline Lisinge

« Reply #183 on: Wed, 12 July 2017, 16:55:08 »

Awesome news, thanks for the update!

Offline Captainbuttmonkey

« Reply #184 on: Thu, 13 July 2017, 12:17:23 »
Amazing news! Now I just need a Fjell to put it in..

My Fjell has been sat in my room for weeks waiting for this PCB  :p

Offline Lisinge

« Reply #185 on: Tue, 18 July 2017, 13:17:27 »
Do you have any news for us Zeal? :D

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #186 on: Tue, 18 July 2017, 16:36:45 »
Been flashing the boards and QCing over the weekend. I'm currently working through fulfillment from the earliest order downwards. A lot of boxes have been packed today and are shipping out. You'll receive a shipping notification email once your order ships!

Offline TheNamesTy45

« Reply #187 on: Tue, 18 July 2017, 16:46:01 »
Wooo just got my notification for shipping!

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #188 on: Wed, 19 July 2017, 15:45:26 »
Got my toys today!

Zeal, quick question. What's the pointy black plastic stick?
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline Atredl

« Reply #189 on: Wed, 19 July 2017, 15:55:08 »
Got my toys today!

Did you order Zealencios? It might be the tool to attach them properly.

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #190 on: Wed, 19 July 2017, 15:57:21 »
Got my toys today!

Thats kinda what I was thinking, but figured I'd make sure lol
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #191 on: Wed, 19 July 2017, 22:12:32 »
Got my toys today!

It's a spudger. use the flat end to press perpendicularly against the Zealencio edges. Each edge has to click once to ensure proper fit.

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #192 on: Wed, 19 July 2017, 22:18:54 »
Got my toys today!

It's a spudger. use the flat end to press perpendicularly against the Zealencio edges. Each edge has to click once to ensure proper fit.

Thanks
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline Lisinge

[PO] R5 Zealios / Zealencios / Transparent Screw-in Stabs / Zeal60 Rev2
« Reply #193 on: Fri, 21 July 2017, 05:39:48 »
My massdrop order shipped before my zeal order now. I still have to wait for my zeal order though as that one includes the stabs for both boards
« Last Edit: Fri, 21 July 2017, 14:06:59 by Lisinge »

Offline heyitsqi

« Reply #194 on: Sun, 23 July 2017, 23:00:30 »
Oh man if this could come in this coming week while the wife is out.....excited!

On that note, I still lack a 60% case for this. Anyone care to share what they're using?

Offline houseoftheed

« Reply #195 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 00:01:19 »
Oh man if this could come in this coming week while the wife is out.....excited!

On that note, I still lack a 60% case for this. Anyone care to share what they're using?
I got a Lambo... But I'm pondering the next Fjell drop

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Offline ReverbSlush

• 16/52 RNG score
« Reply #196 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 07:03:48 »
I'm really excited about those Tiffany blue linears.... is there an ETA on ordering?

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #197 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 12:37:48 »
I'm really excited about those Tiffany blue linears.... is there an ETA on ordering?

Either end of the month or early August!

Offline Lisinge

« Reply #198 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 14:40:35 »

I grabbed a lambo from originate and a low profile case from sentraq to put my two zeal60's in

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #199 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 15:22:20 »
Im probably putting mine in the revo hhkb case.

That or it'll just go in my aluminum tex case.
Planck w/ Zealios