Author Topic: [IC] Deskmat - Coral  (Read 6393 times)

Offline zuiver-one

• zuiver.one
[IC] Deskmat - Coral
« on: Thu, 11 March 2021, 05:02:18 »

Zuiver.one is an up and coming brand that wants to elevate your desk space by creating unity between high quality and aesthetically pleasing products. We believe that a clean desk stimulates a clean mind.

Our newest design makes a play on the colorful coral world. We would love to check the interest for a deskmat like this. Tell us what you think!

Interest Check Form

Specifications

900 x 400 x 3mm

Stitched edges

Rubber non-slip bottom

Images

Coral - Dark

Coral - White

Coral - Red

Coral - Blue

Coral - Purple

Links

After we verify the quality of the products our website will go live. We plan to only sell on our own website to make sure you get the best price we can offer. Make sure to follow our social media for future updates. Much love, Zuiver.one <3

Website

Instagram

Reddit post

« Last Edit: Mon, 15 March 2021, 05:41:03 by zuiver-one »

Offline zuiver-one

• zuiver.one
Re: [IC] Deskmat - Coral
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 11 March 2021, 05:03:45 »
Update 07-04-21

Hello everybody

We are back with an update for our Coral Deskmats. We have followed the request of many and went with 4MM T H I C C. After receiving the first prototypes (black only) and thoroughly testing them we are pleased with the quality, both the print and material feels and looks A+. Our renders are a bit lighter due to our shading settings, but this resulted in even better saturation on the printed version. Check the pictures below for the real version.

An order of Coral Black has been placed and will be sold as the initial sale. The other 2 color options will be ordered after quality validation. We estimate to go live in about 1 to 2 months depending on how fast the factory delivers the products.

This will be the final line-up: Coral Black, Coral White and Coral Purple.

We also got a few requests for 5mm desk mats, because we were so amazed with 4mm we would like to ask you guys what the benefits are between 4mm and 5mmm. If the pros outweigh the cost we will definitely try it out!

Size update

900 x 450 x 4mm

IRL photo's

Update 13-07-21

Hey everybody!

Our very first product has finally arrived, the Coral black deskmat. We are super excited and want to thank the community for the feedback that we have received. We would not have made this awesome deskmat without the help of you guys.

Links
Website
Instagram

Our deskmat are designed to perfectly fit your keyboard and mouse and the overall aesthetics of your desk. The measurements are 900 x 450 x 4mm. The colors may deviate from the pictures because of different lighting situations. The Coral black deskmat are direct available and the Coral purple + white are available for pre-orders.
« Last Edit: Thu, 15 July 2021, 03:33:05 by zuiver-one »

Offline lewisflude

• Hand Engineering
    • Hand Engineering
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 11 March 2021, 05:05:26 »
Went to Sardinia a while back, and one thing that really stood out to me was the beautiful red coral. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Precious_coral

Great repeating pattern and I think this will look good on some desks. Just make sure you proto first so you get the colours right.  ;)

Offline zuiver-one

• zuiver.one
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 11 March 2021, 05:12:27 »
Went to Sardinia a while back, and one thing that really stood out to me was the beautiful red coral. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Precious_coral

Great repeating pattern and I think this will look good on some desks. Just make sure you proto first so you get the colours right.  ;)

We are currently working with 4 factories to see who has the best print quality  :D

Offline mvkb

• Designer
    • MVKB
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 11 March 2021, 05:16:26 »
IC form filled out, best of luck, these look awesome!

Offline AshF

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 11 March 2021, 07:44:14 »
That white and that blue look amazing# GLWIC

Sent from my ASUS_I003D using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: Thu, 11 March 2021, 07:45:49 by AshF »

Offline ocm

• Formerly OneCreativeMind
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 11 March 2021, 09:13:44 »
First of all, I love this. The grey one is a beaut, But please, please, please consider a 4mm mat instead of 3mm.

Offline zuiver-one

• zuiver.one
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 11 March 2021, 09:16:35 »
First of all, I love this. The grey one is a beaut, But please, please, please consider a 4mm mat instead of 3mm.

We just received our first sample with 3mm thickness and so far we have no complaints. If you have any knowledge of the pro's of 4mm thickness we will definitely ask the factory if that is possible  :D

Offline ocm

• Formerly OneCreativeMind
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 11 March 2021, 09:22:01 »

We just received our first sample with 3mm thickness and so far we have no complaints. If you have any knowledge of the pro's of 4mm thickness we will definitely ask the factory if that is possible  :D

Quite a few reasons honestly, with the first one being that 4mm is just the standard that the community expects at this point since it is what almost all vendors use. Due to the additional thickness they tend to lay flatter and creases "fall out" over time easier, they feel more premium/substantial due to the additional millimeter of material, and print quality/color saturation seems to be much better on 4mm+ mats in my experience.

Offline Tyson

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 11 March 2021, 09:37:40 »

If you need examples of why 3mm is bad just take a look at your mats and see how long they take for the wrinkles to come out, I've been using my GMK Metaverse 2 mat for over 3 months and the wrinkles still haven't gone away. My 4mm GMK Bento R2 mat had no wrinkles in it and is ultra flat, I just got it last week too.

Offline zuiver-one

• zuiver.one
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 11 March 2021, 09:39:07 »

Quite a few reasons honestly, with the first one being that 4mm is just the standard that the community expects at this point since it is what almost all vendors use. Due to the additional thickness they tend to lay flatter and creases "fall out" over time easier, they feel more premium/substantial due to the additional millimeter of material, and print quality/color saturation seems to be much better on 4mm+ mats in my experience.

You have convinced us enough to ask the factories if it is possible! Thank you for the feedback   :-*

Offline kumori

• polartype
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 11 March 2021, 09:47:11 »
Great design.
I agree with others, try to obtain 4mm (even if it means a bit of a price bump). There's been some vendors who used 3mm before, but as a result within the manufacturers they have used to cause the mat to become wavy,  3mm is not favored anymore :)

Offline kumori

• polartype
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 11 March 2021, 11:13:28 »
Great design.
I agree with others, try to obtain 4mm (even if it means a bit of a price bump). There's been some vendors who used 3mm before, but as a result within the manufacturers they have used to cause the mat to become wavy,  3mm is not favored anymore :)

Offline zuiver-one

• zuiver.one
« Reply #13 on: Fri, 12 March 2021, 07:39:03 »
Great design.

Thank you for the feedback, we will take it into consideration  ;D

Offline Chippy

• sus chef
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 12 March 2021, 12:45:34 »
These look great, I would really recommend going to 4mm thick, or 5mm thick. I really think it's important you get multiple samples on these to make sure the saturation is proper, that seems to be a big issue with deskmats. Can't wait to see the protos eventually.
1.2og | Buddy 6xx | Le Fishe V1 Proto | xyz60 Rev2 | Quartermaster | Chimera65 | Satisfaction75 | Realforce 84u | Zenith Z-150 | Realforce 86u | 378
More
This and the swiss cheese keyboard is the next generation of keyboards

Offline powwu

• Discord
« Reply #15 on: Fri, 12 March 2021, 12:47:46 »
I really like the black and purple ones, I would put them on my desk personally.

3mm isn't ideal. I'd say get them manufactured in 4mm.

Offline Pluto19

• All who break the taboo will be eliminated.
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 12 March 2021, 19:48:33 »
Love the fun coral design and the solid color edge stitching.

Just as the others above, 4mm is definitely preferred for the aforementioned reasons. Glad to see you seem to have been swayed in such.

I have my eyes set on your Dark mat, but as Louis mentioned up there, please get a proto. Blacks and greys have a tendency to give off blueish hues.

Offline MichelKami

« Reply #17 on: Sat, 13 March 2021, 22:22:30 »
Locked in for a white one

Offline zuiver-one

• zuiver.one
« Reply #18 on: Mon, 15 March 2021, 05:35:59 »
Thank you all for the feedback, because we are a new company we still have alot to learn!
We now know that the community wants 4mm deskmats and that we really need to focus on the colors of the mats.

We contacted one factory and asked to change the sample from 3mm to 4mm. They said it is possible so that is good news   ;D. Now we hope that factory delivers the best sample or the other factories can also produce 4mm deskmats.
« Last Edit: Mon, 15 March 2021, 05:40:41 by zuiver-one »

Offline zuiver-one

• zuiver.one
« Reply #19 on: Wed, 07 April 2021, 03:59:12 »
We have a new update in the first comment!  :D

Offline Bonobo

« Reply #20 on: Sat, 19 June 2021, 14:31:40 »
The black ones will be good for my interior, I really like the coral theme, looking forward

Offline zuiver-one

• zuiver.one
« Reply #21 on: Thu, 15 July 2021, 03:31:57 »
We are live and it is not a groupbuy! You can directly buy the deskmat and we will send it within 2 days  :D
« Last Edit: Thu, 15 July 2021, 03:33:48 by zuiver-one »