Author Topic: [IC] OSAv2 - PC Alice w/ MX and Topre PCBs!!!  (Read 19884 times)

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
Re: [IC] OSAv2 - PC Alice w/ MX and Topre PCBs!!!
« Reply #50 on: Fri, 01 July 2022, 16:03:33 »
Excited for some Topre alice layout! thank you for working on this!

Offline The0rigina1

• fumoposting
« Reply #51 on: Sat, 02 July 2022, 04:58:02 »
Just want to know if this pcb will be always available after the gb, and if not, will it be open-sourced?

Offline 3yatt

« Reply #52 on: Sat, 02 July 2022, 14:19:26 »
I'll take 5 thank you

Offline BlindAssassin111

• I design keyboards and stuff.
    • Viktus
« Reply #53 on: Sat, 02 July 2022, 14:32:52 »
Just want to know if this pcb will be always available after the gb, and if not, will it be open-sourced?

I will have extras, but I will not commit to an indefinite stock of them. Will I do more rounds of topre alices? If interest is there, possibly.

I don't have plans of open sourcing the PCBs, but the plates will be.

Offline The0rigina1

• fumoposting
« Reply #54 on: Sun, 03 July 2022, 11:50:58 »

I will have extras, but I will not commit to an indefinite stock of them. Will I do more rounds of topre alices? If interest is there, possibly.

Will you be willing to run a PCB GB if there's sufficient interest then? It's more for the people who want just the PCB maybe for their existing alice cases.

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #55 on: Sun, 03 July 2022, 23:57:51 »

Will you be willing to run a PCB GB if there's sufficient interest then? It's more for the people who want just the PCB maybe for their existing alice cases.

They will be available standalone during the GB, so that will satisfy some of the interest. As for future rounds, If interest is shown, I wouldn't be against PCB/plate buys for topre. We will see when the time comes, First we have to see how this GB does before that can be a possibility.  ;D

Offline The0rigina1

• fumoposting
« Reply #56 on: Mon, 04 July 2022, 14:02:43 »

They will be available standalone during the GB, so that will satisfy some of the interest. As for future rounds, If interest is shown, I wouldn't be against PCB/plate buys for topre. We will see when the time comes, First we have to see how this GB does before that can be a possibility.  ;D
Good call, I support  :thumb:

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #57 on: Mon, 18 July 2022, 19:37:11 »
Update:

Prototype wrist rests are done and shipping to me. Waiting to release pictures until I approve them, but wanted to let y'all know.

PCBs are getting final assembly now and hopefully I can have them in hand soon to do a final test and possibly a (re)build stream.

Goal is to do the GB in September. Dates/times/pricing/quantity TBA but nearly there after a year plus of work.  ;D

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #58 on: Mon, 08 August 2022, 13:07:32 »
Wrist Rest Update:

Wrist rests have been approved, the proto has a few differences from the final version but visually the following will look nearly identical. Biggest change visually is the finish, which in the protos was a bit shinier, GB rests will be finished with rubio monocoat for a smooth stain finish. Rests will be machined and finished by Visionaire.

There will be two options offered:

1) Jatoba aka Brazilian Cherry

2) Black Walnut

PCB Update:

Newest protos have been in hand since thursday (8/4) and initial testing shows they are working as intended.

Currently using the OSA topre pcb as a daily to make sure no random and rare events show up. So far daily use has been good and nothing to note beyond it is nice to type on.

Here is a quick sound test: https://voca.ro/1hWK35sC96w0

R2 RGB build with 204g0. Des #3 rings and des V1 blue domes. PBT keycaps.

GB/Timeline Update:

Original plan was to start on September 1st but given the PCBs showed up just a few days ago I would like to have a bit more testing before the GB start date so I will be delaying the start a few weeks at minimum to guarantee everything is working perfectly before collecting any money. Once I am ready I will be posting a GB thread, announcing on my insta, discord, and website. Pricing will also come out at that time.

Thank you all for the support so far and hopefully the buy can start sooner than later so y'all get the chance to finally have a topre alice!!!

Offline fishbiscuit13

• do you realize ???
« Reply #59 on: Thu, 25 August 2022, 22:14:14 »
My taste in layouts is too normie to go for an alice board but I need that numpad to go with my heavy grail.