Author Topic: Looking for keyboards with a similar function key layout as razer blackwidow TE  (Read 1755 times)

Offline DTRPS

So I've previously owned a razer blackwidow TE 2013 and I really liked how the F keys are so close to the number row, and since I play starcraft and i have small hands that makes pressing the function keys really easy, however I've then tried other keyboards and found that the razer keyboard quality pretty ****, but i dont want to give up the function key layout, so do you guys know any other keyboard with function keys really close to the number row while having good quality and also fully standard keycap layout since I do want to have the flexibility to swap out keycaps as I go?

Thanks

Topre is love, Topre is life

Offline DTRPS

Bump

Offline yasuo

• spanengan puyeng newbie
75% like race, keycool, noppo.etc :D
Logitech MK220 Colemak DH
SplitSyml by Moz BlacksMx fuk blacks

2/3 8.5pm                                          in de la my september month ya da all get my fukka "fake message"

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
None of the 75% boards have standard layouts, so as far as I know there aren't any that meet your criteria. Sorry. You may have to either get used to "normal" F key layout again or try 60% with the F keys on the number keys with Fn layer. I find this works well for me in MMORPGs, but haven't tried with RTS. Also, the Fn key needs to be in a very good spot so you can pressit easily during the action while playing without looking. You could also try rebinding the F key functions to another modifier + number row keys on any layout board.
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
Noppoo Choc Mini works perfectly for this purpose, especially with swapped Control and Caps Lock.

You can take a look at the new Noppoo 70% keyboard (Nano75 or something like that) and optionally add an external keypad (GH36 or simply a numpad).

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
Oh they finally are releasing that? I remember them teasing it over year ago. Otherwise there really isn't much of anything else with the function row quite as close as Razers. Pretty much everyone else has the row up at least another .5 unit.

Offline RED-404

Offline keyhopper

• Fun is Key.

[...]  so do you guys know any other keyboard with function keys really close to the number row while having good quality and also fully standard keycap layout since I do want to have the flexibility to swap out keycaps as I go?

Thanks

The "Corsair K65".

It seems to have the same small gap as the Razer. I don't know about the quality since I never owned a Corsair KB, but I do know that they use Cherry switches.

Cheers!
.KeyHopper.

UPDATE: Sorry, it does not have standard key cap layout, since the bottom row has non 1.25 modifiers.

« Last Edit: Tue, 21 October 2014, 19:12:56 by keyhopper »
RealForce 87UB 55gr    |    IBM Model M (1995)    |    Razer B.W.T.E. Stealth (w Razer oranges)

Offline DTRPS

GON if you have the $$$ http://www.gonskeyboardworks.com/custom-kbds-w-assembly/24-gon-ns-mx-mini-w-tuningassembly.html

A lot of these customs have no gap between the key rows http://kbdlab.co.kr/index.php?mid=board_Lsno50

I would really want one but dont have the $$$, might save up for one.

Noppoo Choc Mini works perfectly for this purpose, especially with swapped Control and Caps Lock.

You can take a look at the new Noppoo 70% keyboard (Nano75 or something like that) and optionally add an external keypad (GH36 or simply a numpad).

:eek: holy ballz that is probably my dream keyboard, but does it have standard key spacing, cause if it does, it think it might be my keyboard. :))

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
Wow, that Noppoo has a decent layout :) Standard caps will fit. Here's the TaoBao link: http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.5.vf0Tib&id=41135581655&ad_id=&am_id=&cm_id=140105335569ed55e27b&pm_id=

You can probably buy them through any of the normal TaoBao proxies. I wonder what the iOS / Windows / Android switch is for? Does it have Bluetooth? Looks like a lightning cable they're using with it... so many questions, so much excite!
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.