Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 1418259 times)

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
Re: What did you do today?
« Reply #8500 on: Mon, 25 February 2019, 00:08:25 »
Started the Woof-CE build process for a custom Puppy Linux ISO. 

Kicking the tires with Busybox and other embedded systems software.  Might check out Gentoo or LFS later.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #8501 on: Sun, 02 June 2019, 19:57:05 »
Spent the biggest part of the last two days cleaning out our shed.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #8502 on: Sat, 08 June 2019, 16:24:13 »
Went through a couple boxes of my old stuff,  one of the kids helped and scored some goodies for her own collection.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #8503 on: Sat, 08 June 2019, 16:27:56 »
Went through a couple boxes of my old stuff,  one of the kids helped and scored some goodies for her own collection.

Show Image

Surgeon General Report,  The infection seems to be Multi-generational. The contagion is immune to our best antibiotics.

Offline Warrenified

« Reply #8504 on: Sat, 08 June 2019, 17:10:22 »
Moved some plated e. coli cells to a refrigerator in the early morning and have been chilling online since!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8505 on: Sat, 08 June 2019, 17:33:54 »
Moved some plated e. coli cells to a refrigerator in the early morning and have been chilling online since!

Do you get to wear the Umbrella Corporation Contamination Suit ?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #8506 on: Sat, 08 June 2019, 20:10:31 »

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #8507 on: Sun, 09 June 2019, 16:20:41 »
I went to a family birthday party and got some EQAO practice done

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #8508 on: Fri, 14 June 2019, 00:43:01 »
In the morning an old lady **** herself in the front entrance and tracked what looked like red bean chili (it was NOT chili) from the door all the way to the bathroom.

Later in the afternoon a prostitute od'd and died in the parking lot, and her pimp came in dressed like what I imagine a leprechaun would wear to a pickup basketball game and tried to fight the manager for calling the cops. He had a teardrop tattoo in the shape of Florida under his left eye, which I feel like tells me enough about who he is to not wanna know anymore.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #8509 on: Fri, 14 June 2019, 00:47:34 »
In the morning an old lady **** herself in the front entrance and tracked what looked like red bean chili (it was NOT chili) from the door all the way to the bathroom.

Later in the afternoon a prostitute od'd and died in the parking lot, and her pimp came in dressed like what I imagine a leprechaun would wear to a pickup basketball game and tried to fight the manager for calling the cops. He had a teardrop tattoo in the shape of Florida under his left eye, which I feel like tells me enough about who he is to not wanna know anymore.

Are you working at Wallmart?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #8510 on: Fri, 14 June 2019, 01:02:01 »

gross, no :))

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8511 on: Fri, 14 June 2019, 04:03:47 »

A super market for walls.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #8512 on: Fri, 14 June 2019, 04:48:51 »

Walmart then Rowdy. Have it your way.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8513 on: Fri, 14 June 2019, 05:27:50 »

Careful, u can get an infection.. This is how all zombie movies start, old woman, dying, dragging a trail of something towards the bathroom,  you investigate, she bites you, u die.

Mod Edit: Fixed the text size for you

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8514 on: Fri, 14 June 2019, 05:38:03 »

Still strikes me as the same, maybe 'cause we don't have Wallllmart down here.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #8515 on: Fri, 14 June 2019, 05:44:23 »
Everytime i read a story about old ladies leaving **** trails and dead hookers i instantly think walmart because that is what the internet taught me.

I have also never been in one but i would probebly stay away even if i went to the USA because i like my hookers alive... sometimes.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #8516 on: Fri, 14 June 2019, 06:04:40 »
Everytime i read a story about old ladies leaving **** trails and dead hookers i instantly think walmart because that is what the internet taught me.

I have also never been in one but i would probebly stay away even if i went to the USA because i like my hookers alive... sometimes.

It's weird how what you might think of as a quiet, clean town has the same kinda ****ed up **** going on as some big city bus station. The only way to truly live as a human being is away from all other people so there's no one else to blame.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #8517 on: Fri, 14 June 2019, 10:15:42 »
Today i did an exam(which went fine) and had a party, however i didn't bring my lunch to school so i am quite hungry.

Offline iri

« Reply #8518 on: Fri, 14 June 2019, 13:44:13 »
I am now trying to remember the most ****ed up **** I've seen at London Victoria coach station
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #8519 on: Fri, 14 June 2019, 15:30:28 »
I am now trying to remember the most ****ed up **** I've seen at London Victoria coach station

what was that

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #8520 on: Fri, 21 June 2019, 09:17:40 »
I completed the second out of my third exam, and i can't wait to see what i can do next! :D

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #8521 on: Mon, 24 June 2019, 07:16:23 »
Gotta study for my third exam D:

Offline invariance

• ...here with all the other boson's
« Reply #8522 on: Tue, 25 June 2019, 07:06:44 »
Hope the study goes well and you find the exam easy  :)
The only BS I
want to hear is
from a Model M:
PN:1391401
DOB: 04FEB87
      Wyse 85      Mtek K104
SMK Blue: Chicony KB-5181; HyperX Aqua: HyperX Alloy Origins *Yet-to-rebuild: A 69 key C. P. Clare Foam & Foil assy *Rubber: Digital LK46W-A2; uSoft Natural Pro RT9401, Natural Multimedia 1.0A RT9470, Natural Ergonomic 4000 KU-0460; "Avid" Sejin SLKR2233; "Diamond Touch" Mitsubishi 6511-PB

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #8523 on: Tue, 25 June 2019, 08:27:57 »
Hope the study goes well and you find the exam easy  :)

Thank you :)

Offline JP

« Reply #8524 on: Tue, 25 June 2019, 14:39:41 »
Worked on a utility program that reorders fields in a CSV file. Ex: A CSV file gets processed where the fields need to be in a specific order but the input file might not be in the correct order.
About Me | The Collection
Therapy is expensive so I buy keyboards and bike parts.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8525 on: Tue, 25 June 2019, 22:05:16 »
Worked on a utility program that reorders fields in a CSV file. Ex: A CSV file gets processed where the fields need to be in a specific order but the input file might not be in the correct order.

Isn't it better for the processing program to detect field positions by keywords in the header row?

Offline JP

« Reply #8526 on: Wed, 26 June 2019, 00:00:54 »

Isn't it better for the processing program to detect field positions by keywords in the header row?

Indeed it is but opted to use the pre-built flat file processing capabilities of SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) which isn't best when it comes to meta data changes (terrible and half baked actually). I know this use case can happen and want to ensure the correct data always goes to the correct fields in the database. My utility is a command line application in C# that takes different parameters such as the file name and comma separated list of column names which my program then uses to reorder the columns. Depending on the parameters I backup/overwrite the original file or write a new file. I pretty much got it all done in a day but my head was spinning for some reason. Last week I wrote a command line utility that converts Excel files to CSV because I had issues with Office Interop Assemblies on this older server so I did my own thing and am getting cleaner results than I would have had I got the built in SSIS Excel processing to work. My philosophy was to change nothing on this server as to not break anything and make it bullet proof so I can hand it of and literally never see it again as that server will belong to another company as my parent company I work for sold off a smaller business so we are obligated to transition the infrastructure and applications to the cloud as an intermediate step and make sure all applications will work. The new company will eventually take this over and transition as they see fit. So basically I'm just doing my part to make sure that one process will run on it's own as it was previously a half baked process.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #8527 on: Wed, 26 June 2019, 06:08:24 »
Doing last and final exam today ); . It's the hardest one, wish me luck

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #8528 on: Wed, 26 June 2019, 06:52:51 »
Learning beginner's method algorithms for a 3x3 cube. Just got into it and I'm really hooked.
Keyboard design by Skepur

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline JP

« Reply #8529 on: Wed, 26 June 2019, 07:31:36 »

Good luck  :thumb:

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #8530 on: Wed, 26 June 2019, 10:42:29 »

Good luck!!  :D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8531 on: Wed, 26 June 2019, 22:10:45 »

Good luck! :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8532 on: Wed, 26 June 2019, 22:11:17 »

Indeed it is but opted to use the pre-built flat file processing capabilities of SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) which isn't best when it comes to meta data changes (terrible and half baked actually). I know this use case can happen and want to ensure the correct data always goes to the correct fields in the database. My utility is a command line application in C# that takes different parameters such as the file name and comma separated list of column names which my program then uses to reorder the columns. Depending on the parameters I backup/overwrite the original file or write a new file. I pretty much got it all done in a day but my head was spinning for some reason. Last week I wrote a command line utility that converts Excel files to CSV because I had issues with Office Interop Assemblies on this older server so I did my own thing and am getting cleaner results than I would have had I got the built in SSIS Excel processing to work. My philosophy was to change nothing on this server as to not break anything and make it bullet proof so I can hand it of and literally never see it again as that server will belong to another company as my parent company I work for sold off a smaller business so we are obligated to transition the infrastructure and applications to the cloud as an intermediate step and make sure all applications will work. The new company will eventually take this over and transition as they see fit. So basically I'm just doing my part to make sure that one process will run on it's own as it was previously a half baked process.

Good luck with that - sounds like they will just throw away everything that was before, whether it worked or not.

Offline JP

« Reply #8533 on: Wed, 26 June 2019, 22:39:56 »
Good luck with that - sounds like they will just throw away everything that was before, whether it worked or not.

I got it all working today and next I just need to do some final touches and connect the rest of the dots, do a little more testing, document it a little, and then done. Basically this is processing data from a third party I think sent over email and is a business requirement so not something that would easily just be thrown away although they could do something different down the road. If anything they would probably upgrade to a newer server and newer version of SQL Server and this could be migrated with it.

Offline bexleycorona

« Reply #8534 on: Fri, 28 June 2019, 07:16:17 »

Sounds like you work in the Emergency Department.

GE Marquette | Rosewill RK-9000 | Rosewill Apollo 9100 | Realforce 87U "EK Edition" 45g Uniform | Unicomp Ultra Classic Black Buckling Spring | Realforce 87U SE07T0 Variable | Dolch PAC65

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #8535 on: Fri, 28 June 2019, 10:08:52 »
Today was my last day of school for the summer. I passed all my courses and the most difficult one i got 66% as my final mark.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8536 on: Thu, 04 July 2019, 23:12:38 »
Today was my last day of school for the summer. I passed all my courses and the most difficult one i got 66% as my final mark.

Sounds like a fairly comfortable pass, especially if was particularly difficult, as you say.

Well done!

Offline EMC Labs

!!
« Reply #8537 on: Fri, 05 July 2019, 01:29:06 »

It was still a pass, so consider it a win! Good job.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #8538 on: Fri, 19 July 2019, 01:44:46 »
A drunk lady wearing no shoes or pants came in today looking for someone who doesn't work here anymore. I told her she should probably leave and that we have a dresscode, and she said she's gonna go shoot up behind the McDonalds but will be back in 20 minutes. She wasn't lying, she came back.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #8539 on: Sun, 21 July 2019, 00:24:52 »
Towards the eod there was a commotion in the back of the store. I run back there to see this guy just straight up punching his gf/wife. There were about half a dozen people just standing there watching doing ****ing nothing at all, just standing letting it happen including this jacked Spanish dude who could've easily stepped in and stopped it. So I couldn't stand there and I got up behind the piece of **** and just held him in a bear hug for about 10 minutes until the cops showed up. Took a few headbutts to the chin, but nothing serious. Man.

Everyone in the store was acting like I was some sort of hero after, but I would like to think anyone else would have stepped in and stopped that injustice. Guess I was wrong.

I don't get paid enough.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #8540 on: Sun, 21 July 2019, 03:09:05 »
Towards the eod there was a commotion in the back of the store. I run back there to see this guy just straight up punching his gf/wife. There were about half a dozen people just standing there watching doing ****ing nothing at all, just standing letting it happen including this jacked Spanish dude who could've easily stepped in and stopped it. So I couldn't stand there and I got up behind the piece of **** and just held him in a bear hug for about 10 minutes until the cops showed up. Took a few headbutts to the chin, but nothing serious. Man.

Everyone in the store was acting like I was some sort of hero after, but I would like to think anyone else would have stepped in and stopped that injustice. Guess I was wrong.

I don't get paid enough.
:eek:
That's absolutely crazy.
You would've thought someone would've stepped in and stopped something like that but I guess not.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8541 on: Sun, 21 July 2019, 06:26:00 »

I don't get paid enough.
:eek:
That's absolutely crazy.
You would've thought someone would've stepped in and stopped something like that but I guess not.

This is why we need AI security drones. !! They can respond to a variety of dangerous situations in low latency and full selflessness. Drones so Noisyturtle and Jacked Spanished dudes are not put in harms way to save feeble girlfriends from violent boyfriends.

Offline JP

« Reply #8542 on: Sun, 21 July 2019, 07:39:08 »
This is why we need AI security drones. !! They can respond to a variety of dangerous situations in low latency and full selflessness. Drones so Noisyturtle and Jacked Spanished dudes are not put in harms way to save feeble girlfriends from violent boyfriends.

That or people could stop being a**holes to each other.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8543 on: Sun, 21 July 2019, 07:42:56 »

We got this tree here,  there are going to be good apples, but also bad ones.

Unavoidable. 

But as is the solution to all of life's other problems, Drones. !!

Think of all the Noisyturtles risking their lives to save good apples.

Doing some -rowdy- math,  1-1 apple = 0 apples.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #8544 on: Sun, 21 July 2019, 07:48:40 »

We got this tree here,  there are going to be good apples, but also bad ones.

Unavoidable. 

But as is the solution to all of life's other problems, Drones. !!

Think of all the Noisyturtles risking their lives to save good apples.

Doing some -rowdy- math,  1-1 apple = 0 apples.

What would you have done with the 'bad apples' ?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #8546 on: Sun, 21 July 2019, 14:30:12 »
What would you have done with the 'bad apples' ?

Drone strike !!

boil em mash em put em in a stew

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #8547 on: Mon, 22 July 2019, 00:59:56 »
Went to a Pokemon TCG Prerelease. I haven't been to one in about a decade. Last I remember, the shop waited until they had enough members, sat everyone down by age group, and handed out booster packs and the Prerelease promos.

Today I went to the card shop which had a few tables set up, and the newish "Build & Battle Box" display was at the checkout counter. I grabbed a box each for me and my daughter, inquired of the clerk as to how this worked as I haven't bought one in a while, and the clerk informed me that I just purchased the boxes and could play if I wanted. I was a little let down, but perhaps it was because the venue was so small compared to other shops. I plan on attending more in the future as Prerelease events were so much fun. I've slowly been crawling back into the hobby because my daughter is getting to the age where she can play, and her school friends are gushing over the cards.
What a dangerous toll on my debit card this presents...

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8548 on: Mon, 22 July 2019, 06:06:47 »
I've slowly been crawling back into the hobby because my daughter is getting to the age where she can play, and her school friends are gushing over the cards.
What a dangerous toll on my debit card this presents...

The play yard economy changes crazy fast. we had digimon/pokemon/yoyo/ all within 1 years,  the further back, the longer each currency lasted..

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #8549 on: Mon, 22 July 2019, 19:36:28 »
I played rockband 2 on my Xbox 360. Then,i played Minecraft on Normal mode and died twice. I need to learn how to survive the upcoming nights and how to strum consecutive notes.