Author Topic: [GB] Duck Keyboard Weights: Viper/ Eagle, LSv3, Jetfire and TC-V3  (Read 54483 times)

Offline Aox

Re: [GB] Duck Keyboard Weights: Viper/ Eagle, LSv3, Jetfire and TC-V3
« Reply #200 on: Wed, 19 December 2018, 10:06:19 »
The silence is deafening...

Offline _BlueNote_

« Reply #201 on: Sat, 22 December 2018, 02:53:00 »
Yeah it is. I had gotten a message from Smitty on December 2nd saying he'd be getting mine out hopefully the next day. Yet it's the 22nd now and still no shipping invoice or surprise deliveries. I'm in Oregon. I hope everything is ok with him...

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #202 on: Mon, 24 December 2018, 12:54:17 »
Steve and Others:

Just got done installing a new PCB in my Lightsaver V3. It had died mysteriously at work, after working there for 6 months straight with no issues. Today when installing the new build I had to buy to replace the dead one, I noticed uniform spaced dots on my recently installed Engraved Lightsaver Weight.The weight is too thick, it had been making contact with my switch pins unknowingly. I decided to use a sheet of paper to try to and insulate on my new build, but it was too thick.

I have removed the weight. I will sand mine down to reduce the terrible engrave and not have it take out another pcb. Expensive ass pcbs I might add >.<

Offline flyingpike

« Reply #203 on: Mon, 24 December 2018, 13:30:38 »
Steve and Others:

Just got done installing a new PCB in my Lightsaver V3. It had died mysteriously at work, after working there for 6 months straight with no issues. Today when installing the new build I had to buy to replace the dead one, I noticed uniform spaced dots on my recently installed Engraved Lightsaver Weight.The weight is too thick, it had been making contact with my switch pins unknowingly. I decided to use a sheet of paper to try to and insulate on my new build, but it was too thick.

I have removed the weight. I will sand mine down to reduce the terrible engrave and not have it take out another pcb. Expensive ass pcbs I might add >.<

That is a bummer. I have had the weight in my Lightsaver V3 for several weeks now and have not had any issues with it touching the pcb. Could be that yours is just a little thicker or maybe different switches have slightly different pin lengths. Hopefully sanding yours down takes care of the issue.

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #204 on: Mon, 24 December 2018, 13:35:46 »
Steve and Others:

That is a bummer. I have had the weight in my Lightsaver V3 for several weeks now and have not had any issues with it touching the pcb. Could be that yours is just a little thicker or maybe different switches have slightly different pin lengths. Hopefully sanding yours down takes care of the issue.

Could be a few things, could also have nothing to do with the weight entirely, duck PCB's do have a reputation, and it could have been a cable that took out the PCB... Just wanted to give others a headsup to double check their own installs

Offline phorx

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #205 on: Mon, 24 December 2018, 13:44:35 »
I can't imagine it's a 'good' thing for the pins to be touching the weight for sure.  A thin rubber membrane could work well if you have it handy since it would have a bit of give.  I don't think I'd want paper touching even the weak currents in a keyboard.

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #206 on: Mon, 24 December 2018, 14:03:50 »
maybe ill use the brass piece as the top of wrist wrest  :cool:

Offline Hamel

• KBDLAB
« Reply #207 on: Tue, 25 December 2018, 05:48:31 »
Steve and Others:

Thanks for sharing this. If you don't mind, will it be possible for you to share us the photograph of the "uniformed dots" on the PCB? (Just so I can check mine, too)

Offline packman86

• Morning Coffee
« Reply #208 on: Tue, 25 December 2018, 06:09:17 »
My Jetfire weight has not caused me any issues so far. The weight looks to be very flush to the case so I don't think it is making any contact to the PCB.
Keyboard Collection:

More

TGR Jane V2 | TGR Jane V2 CE | TGR Alice | TGR Dolice | TGR 910 | TGR x Singa UNIKORN 60 | Matrix 8XV 2.0 Korea Version | Matrix 8XV 2.0add | LZ CLS s h x | Duck Jetfire | TX-CP | QXP | Noxary X65 | RAMA M60-A | Model F62 "Kishsaver"

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #209 on: Tue, 25 December 2018, 09:06:49 »
Steve and Others:

Thanks for sharing this. If you don't mind, will it be possible for you to share us the photograph of the "uniformed dots" on the PCB? (Just so I can check mine, too)

My Jetfire weight has not caused me any issues so far. The weight looks to be very flush to the case so I don't think it is making any contact to the PCB.

Its all packed and wrapped up for now.

Yeah my eagle weight has no issues as far as i know... :P

Offline DillonHightower

• Formerly DillonHighsmith
« Reply #210 on: Fri, 28 December 2018, 04:46:34 »
looking for a duck TC-V3 weight , engraved or not . hit me up fellas !

Offline Aox

« Reply #211 on: Sat, 29 December 2018, 11:16:57 »
Just a heads up, since this seems to be dying on the vine for some reason.  Paypal chargebacks are good for 6 months.  I purchased this on Aug 7, so hopefully we hear something soon. 

Offline nuclear_wizard

« Reply #212 on: Sun, 30 December 2018, 18:54:58 »
looking for a duck TC-V3 weight , engraved or not . hit me up fellas !
Same, even though I'm in the GB for the weight...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #213 on: Mon, 31 December 2018, 21:45:52 »
Sent messages to Steve on Discord about one month ago. Haven't gotten any response till now.
« Last Edit: Mon, 31 December 2018, 23:01:18 by hhkbp2 »

Offline Velvet_Crowe

« Reply #214 on: Mon, 31 December 2018, 22:01:24 »
Have not received my weight yet...
Current daily: OTD 356mini v1 (Red) | OTD 356CL (Gunmetal) | TGR Jane V2 CE (Black) | zekk.works Ogre (Dark Grey) | Noxary Vulcan Pro (Silver/Red) | 488 Pista Spider (Red)

Offline jrfhoutx

• Post count is meaningless if the content is trash.
« Reply #215 on: Tue, 01 January 2019, 09:06:33 »
Sent messages to Steve on Discord about one month ago. Haven't gotten any response till now.

I sent him a message on discord about a week ago and haven’t gotten any response either, but I see he logs in here every day still, just doesn’t post anything...

Offline _BlueNote_

« Reply #216 on: Wed, 02 January 2019, 17:31:26 »
Just a heads up, since this seems to be dying on the vine for some reason.  Paypal chargebacks are good for 6 months.  I purchased this on Aug 7, so hopefully we hear something soon.

Thanks Aox. I hate to do it to Smitty but I just don't understand why he quit talking to us. I know the engraving was a disappointment, but still try to follow through with the GB. I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt because of the holidays and everything. I honestly didn't think it would end this way.

Offline Evilocity

« Reply #217 on: Wed, 02 January 2019, 17:35:29 »
Just do what I did, keep asking for updates every few days until it randomly shows up at your mailbox lol.

Offline jrfhoutx

« Reply #218 on: Wed, 02 January 2019, 20:33:16 »
I heard back from smittysteve earlier today. Sounds like he just had a really bad, busy month with work and family and whatnot. I’m sure we can all relate. Sometimes that stuff has to take priority in life and delays buys. He said he is going to be putting more time and attention towards completing this buy. Not sure why he still hasn’t posted in here to update everyone, but I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and see where it goes from here. At least for the last month of the chargeback window.

Offline smittysteve

• Tea > Coffee. Clack > Thwock.
« Reply #219 on: Thu, 03 January 2019, 13:25:05 »
Hello everyone. I'm alive, but limping into 2019 literally (gnarly sciatica in the left rumpski/ leg- I know, what am I, an 80 year old grandma??) and figuratively. I know that none of us expected this to still be open in 2019 but here we are.

Heck of a lot going on of course over the holidays- we had major life directional decisions to sort out among the festivities, which made for some pretty intense times... but it's no excuse, phones work and I let this thread slip away again. I'm really sorry about that. I've just responded to most of my messages- if I've missed anything, kindly ping me again. I'll write up a postmortem when we're all done here- but I can say that it sure is interesting to run a GB. It shouldn't, but it does change the dynamic so much from being a consumer in this hobby to delivering something. Neither here nor there for now- we all only want everything out and hefting up those boards!

I am absolutely committed to finishing this thing up. Actually, since my last update, I have shipped about 20 orders, most international (including sending 12/21 and 12/24 through holiday shipping lines...). I haven't even had time to sit down and invoice most of those folks for shipping. People may have had things show up without tracking or shipping invoice- sorry about that. I'm getting through the shipping invoices this afternoon. I am still packing more weights up every chance I get. For the international orders, there are several extra steps and with the delight that is bending down right now, I'm doing about three or four per hour. Not great, but I will get these babies out to you all- that much I can absolutely promise.

Anyway, hope that everyone had a great holiday season and Happy New Year. The remaining orders will be out as soon as humanly possible and thanks as always for so much support and patience.

Offline Shados

« Reply #220 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 18:29:19 »
Mine showed up (in Australia) last week, engravings on the engraved ones are as derp as the pictures, but otherwise all good. I haven't gotten around to fitting them in the boards yet, I'll hopefully get around to that some time later this week, and I'll confirm if switch pins on my lightsaver make contact with my weight.

Offline trungminhtp

« Reply #221 on: Wed, 09 January 2019, 01:34:01 »
I wish duck orion v3 has it  :-*
Tgr Tris | Tgr x Singa Unikorn x Mechlovin' & GSK | Tgr Alice | Tgr 910se | Tgr Jane v2 | Tgr Jane v2ce Silver | Tgr Jane v2ce | Tgr Police | OTD 356 Mini

Offline nuclear_wizard

« Reply #222 on: Wed, 16 January 2019, 10:57:49 »
Hello everyone. I'm alive, but limping into 2019 literally (gnarly sciatica in the left rumpski/ leg- I know, what am I, an 80 year old grandma??) and figuratively. I know that none of us expected this to still be open in 2019 but here we are.

Heck of a lot going on of course over the holidays- we had major life directional decisions to sort out among the festivities, which made for some pretty intense times... but it's no excuse, phones work and I let this thread slip away again. I'm really sorry about that. I've just responded to most of my messages- if I've missed anything, kindly ping me again. I'll write up a postmortem when we're all done here- but I can say that it sure is interesting to run a GB. It shouldn't, but it does change the dynamic so much from being a consumer in this hobby to delivering something. Neither here nor there for now- we all only want everything out and hefting up those boards!

I am absolutely committed to finishing this thing up. Actually, since my last update, I have shipped about 20 orders, most international (including sending 12/21 and 12/24 through holiday shipping lines...). I haven't even had time to sit down and invoice most of those folks for shipping. People may have had things show up without tracking or shipping invoice- sorry about that. I'm getting through the shipping invoices this afternoon. I am still packing more weights up every chance I get. For the international orders, there are several extra steps and with the delight that is bending down right now, I'm doing about three or four per hour. Not great, but I will get these babies out to you all- that much I can absolutely promise.

Anyway, hope that everyone had a great holiday season and Happy New Year. The remaining orders will be out as soon as humanly possible and thanks as always for so much support and patience.

Thanks for the updates and a bit of context, but it's been another two weeks with no updates...

My order was supposed to go out in the 'next batch of US orders' which you quoted would be sent 'For sure by the end of next week' (DM on January 3). I haven't gotten any shipping notifications; wondering if Steve can provide an update or if any US buyers have gotten shipping notifications since the beginning of the month.

Offline YiZZo

« Reply #223 on: Wed, 16 January 2019, 11:06:51 »
Im in Cali and I have not heard anything at all yet or received any shipping invoice.

Offline smittysteve

« Reply #224 on: Wed, 16 January 2019, 11:13:15 »
Im in Cali and I have not heard anything at all yet or received any shipping invoice.

Thanks for the updates and a bit of context, but it's been another two weeks with no updates...

My order was supposed to go out in the 'next batch of US orders' which you quoted would be sent 'For sure by the end of next week' (DM on January 3). I haven't gotten any shipping notifications; wondering if Steve can provide an update or if any US buyers have gotten shipping notifications since the beginning of the month.

About 10 boxes are heading out tomorrow (including yours) and I'm printing the last lot of shipping labels today for everything else (I think about 20 more folks). No travel for me the rest of the month and I'm making the hard push to get everything finished up and out the door.

Offline nuclear_wizard

« Reply #225 on: Wed, 16 January 2019, 11:16:05 »

About 10 boxes are heading out tomorrow (including yours) and I'm printing the last lot of shipping labels today for everything else (I think about 20 more folks). No travel for me the rest of the month and I'm making the hard push to get everything finished up and out the door.

Good to hear! Thanks for the speedy response.

Offline -musubi

• Spam rice 'n eggs
« Reply #226 on: Wed, 16 January 2019, 11:25:56 »
Any extras available? I remember filling out the interest form for an LSv3 weight but missed completely missed the ordering window...

Offline smittysteve

« Reply #227 on: Wed, 16 January 2019, 11:28:44 »
Any extras available? I remember filling out the interest form for an LSv3 weight but missed completely missed the ordering window...

Solid maybe. According to the sheet, I'll have one extra LSv3... I'll let you know as soon as I finish up the shipping.

Offline jrfhoutx

« Reply #228 on: Wed, 16 January 2019, 15:47:57 »
Hoping to see this pop up in my Informed Delivery in the near future...

Offline -musubi

• Spam rice 'n eggs
« Reply #229 on: Wed, 16 January 2019, 19:27:06 »

Solid maybe. According to the sheet, I'll have one extra LSv3... I'll let you know as soon as I finish up the shipping.

Okay, I'd be interested (I'm assuming not engraved). Let me know!

Offline smittysteve

« Reply #230 on: Thu, 17 January 2019, 15:51:10 »
Today's batch is in the mail and tracking numbers/ invoices have been sent. More to come tomorrow.

Honest question... do y'all want me to run the Orion V3 weights? Here's where I'm at with it. I've gotten the process down having done it all once and now have relationships with the folks I'd need to do another round. I think this GB went reasonably well other than 1) the engraving and 2) fulfillment that really dragged on. The engraving was a bummer because I SO wanted it all to come out awesome and the weights/ polishing/ countersinks all ended up really nice. I happen to like the engraving just fine for the most part, but know many were disappointed. The fulfillment was really not great- all for good reasons, but I wanted this to be done more efficiently.

I'm willing to run Orion V3 weights for one main reason - redemption. To be honest, this has been a major time and money sink and I haven't built a keyboard in five months... when I have an hour or two to do keyboard things, I've been getting these out the door. However, I don't want my only GB to be marred and I do think I could do Orion V3 in more efficient manner. I'd like to get it 100% right for everyone and retire feeling a bit better about things. If everyone is game, I'm tempted to order 75 brass Orion weights now at my cost and then open the GB as they move to CNC'ing, polishing etc. to get this going more quickly. No other form factors this time- that was a nightmare. Maybe only all engraved to get the price down, not sure about that. Also, I would not open another GB until this one is 100% done, so it would be good to get a head start on the brass cutting.

But I also understand if the community would rather someone else take a shot at it. No offense would be taken. Again, I have no lofty goals of being a GB runner. I'm a consumer, just willing to help out and run these weights if everyone would like.

Offline dubious

• 쏘쿨
« Reply #231 on: Thu, 17 January 2019, 17:51:20 »
Today's batch is in the mail and tracking numbers/ invoices have been sent. More to come tomorrow.

Honest question... do y'all want me to run the Orion V3 weights? Here's where I'm at with it. I've gotten the process down having done it all once and now have relationships with the folks I'd need to do another round. I think this GB went reasonably well other than 1) the engraving and 2) fulfillment that really dragged on. The engraving was a bummer because I SO wanted it all to come out awesome and the weights/ polishing/ countersinks all ended up really nice. I happen to like the engraving just fine for the most part, but know many were disappointed. The fulfillment was really not great- all for good reasons, but I wanted this to be done more efficiently.

I'm willing to run Orion V3 weights for one main reason - redemption. To be honest, this has been a major time and money sink and I haven't built a keyboard in five months... when I have an hour or two to do keyboard things, I've been getting these out the door. However, I don't want my only GB to be marred and I do think I could do Orion V3 in more efficient manner. I'd like to get it 100% right for everyone and retire feeling a bit better about things. If everyone is game, I'm tempted to order 75 brass Orion weights now at my cost and then open the GB as they move to CNC'ing, polishing etc. to get this going more quickly. No other form factors this time- that was a nightmare. Maybe only all engraved to get the price down, not sure about that. Also, I would not open another GB until this one is 100% done, so it would be good to get a head start on the brass cutting.

But I also understand if the community would rather someone else take a shot at it. No offense would be taken. Again, I have no lofty goals of being a GB runner. I'm a consumer, just willing to help out and run these weights if everyone would like.

I didn't participate in the first group buy, I didn't have those boards. But since you've been so open about the mistakes of the first group buy and you seem enthusiastic about making things right, I would probably join a second GB for Orion weights.

Offline sJ1N

« Reply #232 on: Thu, 17 January 2019, 18:31:04 »
I would be in for an orion v3 weight just saying  :)

Offline phorx

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #233 on: Thu, 17 January 2019, 18:33:15 »
If I got in for Orion I wouldn’t hesitate to join up for a weight

Offline Hamel

• KBDLAB
« Reply #234 on: Thu, 17 January 2019, 18:39:04 »
Definitely in for Orion weights.
By any chance, can you also consider R2 for Duck weights did in this GB? (I need another TC-V3 weight)

나의 SM-G950N 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

Offline dyrdevil

« Reply #235 on: Thu, 17 January 2019, 19:07:02 »
I'm in Orion V3 and would join for a weight. some questions come to mind:

1) polished mirror finish only, or is sandblasted an option?
2) would engraving be same logo as previous orion v2 weights?
3) I haven't been keeping up with the thread, but have you identified the problem with the engravings from the last run? if not, I'd be hesitant to order an engraved one. But would happily take an unengraved one.

Thanks!

Offline Rumai

« Reply #236 on: Thu, 17 January 2019, 19:58:42 »
I will take an Orion, but only if no engraving

Offline razor_blade

« Reply #237 on: Fri, 18 January 2019, 09:43:16 »
I'd go for an Orion weight. You are a good dude Steve, I'd be happy to buy from you again.

Offline haingo1094

• @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #238 on: Fri, 18 January 2019, 09:54:49 »
1 vote for Orion v3 weight.

Offline oh_chesteroni

« Reply #239 on: Fri, 18 January 2019, 12:16:41 »
I'd join for an orion weight. After looking at some of the engravings from this round of weights, I'd be hesitant to get engraving myself. While they are definitely acceptable, they are not necessarily to my liking. I'd also be far more interested in a sandblasted weight vs polished.

Offline japanesehorrorwriter

« Reply #240 on: Fri, 18 January 2019, 13:04:48 »
+1 for Orion: it doesn’t matter if its engraved or not, sand or bead blasted or whatever it ends up being.... its a WEIGHT....that lives on the bottom of the keyboard....thats designed to WEIGH it down. Put circus clowns on it for all I care. Because I will very rarely see it, but will definitely feel it. Which is what a weight is designed to do.

Just have to say its just super cool that you are putting your time, money, and effort to give this to the community. Not an easy thing to do and very much appreciated.

Offline eyedrop

« Reply #241 on: Fri, 18 January 2019, 18:24:17 »
More unique for duck's board is the weight is actually inside the case.  You can't even see it unless you disassemble it.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Offline Jedi

« Reply #242 on: Sat, 19 January 2019, 01:33:05 »
Run it. I'd buy one.

Offline trungminhtp

« Reply #243 on: Sat, 19 January 2019, 02:44:42 »
Tgr Tris | Tgr x Singa Unikorn x Mechlovin' & GSK | Tgr Alice | Tgr 910se | Tgr Jane v2 | Tgr Jane v2ce Silver | Tgr Jane v2ce | Tgr Police | OTD 356 Mini

Offline Broseph

« Reply #244 on: Sat, 19 January 2019, 12:36:30 »
I'll get in on a Orion v3 weight as well. Blank or engraved doesn't matter to me.

Offline YiZZo

« Reply #245 on: Tue, 22 January 2019, 16:09:20 »
I just wanted to let people know that Steve was true on his word. I finally got my brass weight on Sunday. Thanks steve!

Offline dc_in_sf

• Old Bastard
« Reply #246 on: Wed, 23 January 2019, 08:29:19 »
Got mine on the weekend as well, adds a nice additional pound to the overall weight of the keyboard, gives it a definite bump over my two LZ boards (that already had brass weights) :-)

Offline keebweeb

« Reply #247 on: Wed, 23 January 2019, 15:13:22 »
I'd be down for an Orion V3 weight.

Would strongly prefer no engraving, I personally see no need for a mirror polished finish either (sandblasted would be fine), and I would hope that the weight wouldn't be too thick that it shorts out standard switch pins.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #248 on: Wed, 23 January 2019, 15:23:38 »
I'd be down for an Orion V3 weight.

Would strongly prefer no engraving, I personally see no need for a mirror polished finish either (sandblasted would be fine), and I would hope that the weight wouldn't be too thick that it shorts out standard switch pins.

duck sends the weight file out so i can't imagine that would be a problem
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline speaktobrett

« Reply #249 on: Wed, 23 January 2019, 17:31:39 »
I received my weights.
Thank you so much for organising it Steve!! :)

By the way, if anyone wants to buy a spare Blackbird weight off me, please PM.